PDA

View Full Version : End of weekend, boat cleaning??

riverbound
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I used to just put the boat away and the detailer would come and handle it for me. Im going to have to start doing it myself at the end of the weekend now, and was wondering what you all use??
I have used dri-wash with good results (magic34s stuff)
The Shark products (warlock 25s stuff)
and the old soap and water routine.
Just trying to see what everyone else does and what works the best and is easiest to use. Generally Im operating with a slight hang over on Sundays and the LAST thing I want to do is clean the boat.

lalhc
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I use Boat Bling (Hot Sauce) products. It is by far the best stuff that I have ever used on my boat.
Spray on - Wipe off.

Jyruiz
03-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Yup, Hot Sauce all the way.

little rowe boat
I use the shark tower stuff. The best imo.

Jbb
I use....and recommend Dri Wash....

superdave013
03-06-2007, 10:59 AM
you otta use one of the boat bitches for that. :)

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM
For a quick wipe down after I have used the boat I use Boat Blings Hot Sauce. Works great and cleans thing up pretty fast.
I like to spray it with Dri-Wash before I put it in the water to make it shine.I also like the fact that dri wash isn't super slippery so the girls can dance on the deck.;):D
A one armed midget could wash down your boat with a hang over:devil: ;) :D

ULTRA26 # 1
03-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Boat Bling's Sauce products are the best. I highly recommend.
John M

Mandelon
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I have found that it is easier and more fun to do the majority of the wipe down before I put the boat on the trailer. I stop at the sandbar just outside the marina, and wipe down the interior and deck, in knee deep cool water, then only have to do the hull below the waterline once its on the trailer and its 110*......
I use mostly HotSauce, sometimes a light vinegar and water solution and micro fiber towels.

mrs.rvrluvr
03-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Boat Bling's Hot Sauce or Vinyl Sauce works really good.

cxr133
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I used to just put the boat away and the detailer would come and handle it for me. Im going to have to start doing it myself at the end of the weekend now, and was wondering what you all use??
Just trying to see what everyone else does and what works the best and is easiest to use. Generally Im operating with a slight hang over on Sundays and the LAST thing I want to do is clean the boat.
Just go to your local car wash and offer one of those guys 20.00 to come over and wash the truck and boat.

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Why you doing it yourself?
BTW I mix my own stuff
Were you driving a lifted 1500 dodge home from Parker sunday?
Pretty sure I followed you guys from Parker to the 10. (Grey F350 w/ rhino):idea:
We made pretty good time:D

Nord
03-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh Boy....:rolleyes:
We're gonna need more towels......:)

bordsmnj
03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
does anyone just use plain old pledge anymore?

Zaairman
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Meguiar's Gold Class or NXT car wash soap, followed by the #45 polish and #56 pure caranuba.

RiverDave
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I was hung over I think I'd use the BoatBling stuff. It's fast and easy to use. Spray on wipe off.
I use Dri Wash primarily, but it is a little more effort then the Boat Bling. I do like the fact that it's not slippery as shit when it's all said n done though.
RD

atomickitn
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
yep .....however i use the pledge before i go out then when done for the day the spots seem to wipe off easy

Nord
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
50/50 vinegar water, one wet towel, one dry towel....

Havasu_Dreamin
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I've tried it all and still a firm believer that nothing comes close to Boat Bling Hot Sauce

DILLIGAF
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Boat Bling for when I pull the boat off the water and it is still wet. Dri Wash if I let it dry first. A little BB while still on the water before coming in just to get a start on it. I kind of like cleaning it and playing some tunes but the 29 seems to be twice as big as the old 25. I used the Dri-Wash the other day and it took longer than I expected.

Mandelon
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
the 29 seems to be twice as big as the old 25. I used the Dri-Wash the other day and it took longer than I expected.
Yep, that's the reason I don't have a 29.....:D
Too much cleaning.

havasurat27
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Vinegar and water......I have done this forever and seems to work great. Just pennies per cleaning!

Havasu_Dreamin
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Vinegar and water......I have done this forever and seems to work great. Just pennies per cleaning!
Agreed, but it strips your wax.....Where in San Dimas are you? I'm in La Verne.....

mbrown2
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Sunday Routine...(this normally occurs between 2-3pm)..
Social D playing loud at the launch ramp via the truck or boat.....
Myself and Buddies have cold beers at the ready...
Fresh Microfiber Towels...
Boat Bling on the outside
3M Vinyl/Cleaner protectant on the inside...
Done..
Finish cold beers while watching current go by and the boat sits clean on the launch ramp on the trailer...

TOBTEK
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't forget about the new WAX products that BoatBling has this year. The two wax's are awesome! cleaner wax will help your swirls and spots, and the polish wax is the bomb! Although.... I pretty much only use Hot sauce, since there's enough wax in it already. Never have officially waxed the 26, no need to :)

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
For a quick wipe down after I have used the boat I use Boat Blings Hot Sauce. Works great and cleans thing up pretty fast.
I like to spray it with Dri-Wash before I put it in the water to make it shine.I also like the fact that dri wash isn't super slippery so the girls can dance on the deck.;):D
A one armed midget could wash down your boat with a hang over:devil: ;) :D
Im not concerned with slippery as no one will be dancing on the deck anymore (have a huge stress crack up there now :()
Tried the dri wash stuff before and it worked well, but there were some issues about using it if the boat were wet.
looks like I will give the Boat bling stuff a try.
A hung over midget would do better since they are lower to the ground and dont have to bend over to do the sides (I have put the boat away without washing the sides for that reason).

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Sunday Routine...(this normally occurs between 2-3pm)..
Social D playing loud at the launch ramp via the truck or boat.....
Myself and Buddies have cold beers at the ready...
Fresh Microfiber Towels...
Boat Bling on the outside
3M Vinyl/Cleaner protectant on the inside...
Done..
Finish cold beers while watching current go by and the boat sits clean on the launch ramp on the trailer...
Mine is pretty much the saem except it is in the driveway instead of the ramp, and its happening at about 7 or 8 pm because no one wanted to go home. ;-)
Just trying to make it easier, so we can spend more time watching the current go by and B*tch about having to go home.

SOCALDETAIL1
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
If you have a good coat of wax on your boat, all you need to do is wipe it down, paying extra attention to the transom and under the rubrails, as for pledge all it is is lemon oil, conditions the gel but as soon as water hits it it comes right off, vinager and water will strip your wax off, thats what I use to clean my coffee maker;) as for spray on waxes thats just a short term solution. They were originaly made to reduce the static on the surface (no more dust and lint) after detailing. Bottom line wax every 4 months if you use your boat alot, and every 6 months for the occasional boater.

TOBTEK
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Mine is pretty much the saem except it is in the driveway instead of the ramp, and its happening at about 7 or 8 pm because no one wanted to go home. ;-)
Just trying to make it easier, so we can spend more time watching the current go by and B*tch about having to go home.
you should have posted this last week. I just stayed at Andys place in the keys this last weekend..... could have brought some samples for you to try. Is your place by the circle K where the red stoker with an OB was parked Sat evening?

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
you should have posted this last week. I just stayed at Andys place in the keys this last weekend..... could have brought some samples for you to try. Is your place by the circle K where the red stoker with an OB was parked Sat evening?
Nope, further Down. right next to the main launch ramp at the stop sign. Had 2 lifted Dodges out front.
I would love to try some before I buy it.... I have so many use donce bottles of detailing/wash stuff, that didnt work as advertized :mad:

djunkie
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Nope, further Down. right next to the main launch ramp at the stop sign. Had 2 lifted Dodges out front.
I would love to try some before I buy it.... I have so many use donce bottles of detailing/wash stuff, that didnt work as advertized :mad:
You'll love the Hot Sauce. I use it everytime I take the boat out. Its easy to use also. We pull the boat back to the house after a day on the lake and it takes less than 1/2 an hour for my g/f and I to do my whole boat. I've even waited over night before and it still takes all the spots off.

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
You'll love the Hot Sauce. I use it everytime I take the boat out. Its easy to use also. We pull the boat back to the house after a day on the lake and it takes less than 1/2 an hour for my g/f and I to do my whole boat. I've even waited over night before and it still takes all the spots off.
You and the G/F shold come over and show me by doing the whole boat.....well you can do the boat her and I will drink beers and talk Sh*t to you ;-)

djunkie
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
You and the G/F shold come over and show me by doing the whole boat.....well you can do the boat her and I will drink beers and talk Sh*t to you ;-)
Hmmmm. Lets see, you chofer us around in your boat all weekend and pay for all the gas and I may be up for that. Honestly the Hot Sauce is the best I've used.

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I always thought you too shared the same boat?
When Dave borrows it he installs the windshiels and when Bill borrows it he throws on the Whacker so he can be part of the cult.:D :devil: :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Boat Bling does offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied, let Patrick know and he will refund you your money.

Jyruiz
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I always wait till the next morning to use the Hot Sauce, I set the AC for the garage to kick on at 6 am and by 7:30 am it is at 75. Nothing beats cleaning your boat with Hot Sauce in a cool garage.:D

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I always wait till the next morning to use the Hot Sauce, I set the AC for the garage to kick on at 6 am and by 7:30 am it is at 75. Nothing beats cleaning your boat with Hot Sauce in a cool garage.:D
BALLER!!!!:D :idea:

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Hmmmm. Lets see, you chofer us around in your boat all weekend and pay for all the gas and I may be up for that. Honestly the Hot Sauce is the best I've used.
Thats not any different than what I normally do :idea:

djunkie
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Well unforunately I don't have a/c in my garage like you ballers. :D :D

Jyruiz
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
BALLER!!!!:D :idea:
Shit, I am not even on the list bro. 26' garage and it is one of those wall mounted AC units, works damn good though.:)

djunkie
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Thats not any different than what I normally do :idea:
Heck I may even bring a little Carne Asada too. :D :D

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I always thought you too shared the same boat?
When Dave borrows it he installs the windshiels and when Bill borrows it he throws on the Whacker so he can be part of the cult.:D :devil: :idea:
FUN!! :devil:

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
FUN!! :devil:
:D :devil:
How was saturday night? Our party ended around 8pm when I put everyone to bed and sat on the porch waiting for you to roll over;)

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
:D :devil:
How was saturday night? Our party ended around 8pm when I put everyone to bed and sat on the porch waiting for you to roll over;)
Saturday night was cool.....there were a couple cuties at RR. things were going good till I found out that the guys sitting with them was their Dad the a Correctional officer :eek:
Dennins got a voicemail from your Dad.....sounded like you guys definitely had a good time :)

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Shit, I am not even on the list bro. 26' garage and it is one of those wall mounted AC units, works damn good though.:)
Garage=Baller
<---doesnt have a garage, just a carport ;)

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Saturday night was cool.....there were a couple cuties at RR. things were going good till I found out that the guys sitting with them was their Dad the a Correctional officer :eek:
Dennins got a voicemail from your Dad.....sounded like you guys definitely had a good time :)
Nice a girl that has a dad that can legaly shoot you;):mad: :D
I came home from tucking in billy and found my dad on the phone drunk dialing. LOL after I finally wrestled the phone out of his hand he wen't to bed;):jawdrop: :D

Cole Trickle
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Garage=Baller
<---doesnt have a garage, just a carport ;)
Some of us don't even have carports;):mad::devil: :jawdrop:

riverbound
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Some of us don't even have carports;):mad::devil: :jawdrop:
Your baller boat wouldnt fit under a carport anyways.

riverroyal
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
boat boat needs to be dry.Hot sauce is the fastest way,plus leaves a little wax on everytime you use it

parker guy
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I use vinger and a squirt of Zymol Car Wax (it's a blue licquid wax) in a squirt bottle . All my buddies use the same . Make sure you shake it up , it works great.:)

MR.rvrluvr
03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Don't forget about the new WAX products that BoatBling has this year. The two wax's are awesome! cleaner wax will help your swirls and spots, and the polish wax is the bomb! Although.... I pretty much only use Hot sauce, since there's enough wax in it already. Never have officially waxed the 26, no need to :)
hey toby get your ars out there and put a coat of wax on my boat darnit:D :D

jailbird141
03-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Where can you get Hot Sauce? Is there a website of does someone onthe boards sell it? :confused: I would like to try some.

gmocnik
03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
old school....leaves em lemony fresh....
of the "newer" products...the Driven products are easy to use and work well. I think the "chemistry" for the hot sauce stuff is very similar (if not the same) as the Driven...
smells, looks, feels the same...

Jyruiz
03-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Where can you get Hot Sauce? Is there a website of does someone onthe boards sell it? :confused: I would like to try some.
PM roln 20s and he will tell you the closest place where you can get it. I get mine from Carey in Havasu.

riverbound
03-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I tend to get quite a bit of dust on my boat in storage (even though I cover it) are these produccts safe to use then, or do I still have to wash the boat down first?

catman-do
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I use hot sauce to clean the outside, and then some vinyl cleaner for the interior (not vinyl sauce though). The vinyl sauce was giving my white a wierd hase. I love the hot sauce though.

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
I use hot sauce to clean the outside, and then some vinyl cleaner for the interior (not vinyl sauce though). The vinyl sauce was giving my white a wierd hase. I love the hot sauce though.
Does the vinyl sauce leave a brownish kind of splash on the interior. It does for me and I think it may have to do with the heat or something. Almost looks like a cup of tobacco juice was splashed around.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Boat Bling Hot Sauce (https://boatbling.net/store/)

76ANTHONY
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
soap and water, then some quick detailer and when i get home i clean the boat again and then buff it out with some 3m polish...more work but looks great:D

Magic34
03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Tried the dri wash stuff before and it worked well, but there were some issues about using it if the boat were wet.
If you apply it sometime before going in the water, a damp microfiber towel will be sufficient to wipe down. No other product needed. I used to wipe down my entire 34' boat with a damp microfiber in 1 hand and a dry one in the other. Wiped clean and took 99% of the spots off. Sometimes in the red part of the very back of the boat, I would have to use Dri Wash again, but that was it. If you have to pull your boat and it gets dirty with grime from the road, the product really shines there as well. We have been in business 16 years. :)
If you feel the need to spray something on it while wet, I recommend Hot Sauce over the other products out there. I highly recommend Patrick and their product works well.

Tyson Ross
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I live here so I do it Parker style!! Boat on trailer, back to side of house...Done.....
Soon to change though!!:D

roln 20s
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Does the vinyl sauce leave a brownish kind of splash on the interior. It does for me and I think it may have to do with the heat or something. Almost looks like a cup of tobacco juice was splashed around.
It definitely should NOT be leaving any residue or marks behind. The product is pre-diluted before to ensure no harm to any vinyl, leather or overspary on any other material. If you have any questions - give me a call anytime 602-312-4550.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
If you feel the need to spray something on it while wet, I recommend Hot Sauce over the other products out there. I highly recommend Patrick and their product works well.
Thanks Michael- give me a call when you get a chance :D

roln 20s
03-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I tend to get quite a bit of dust on my boat in storage (even though I cover it) are these produccts safe to use then, or do I still have to wash the boat down first?
NO - you do not need to wash the boat before using HOT Sauce - even with dust on the boat. Just make sure to use a nice clean microfiber towel and you'll be in business :D
Roln 20s

riverbound
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM
NO - you do not need to wash the boat before using HOT Sauce - even with dust on the boat. Just make sure to use a nice clean microfiber towel and you'll be in business :D
Roln 20s
Thanks, I will be calling you soon to make an order.

RiverDave
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Did you order it yet Billdo? I want to give Stacy's new boat a once over on Gordo's b-day. :)
As far as the "haze on the interior" I talked to Patrick about that awhile back, and we both think that there was a small bad batch made that went out. I haven't had an opportunity to try another bottle of it yet, but everybody else says it works great so I believe it does. :)
RD

riverbound
03-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Did you order it yet Billdo? I want to give Stacy's new boat a once over on Gordo's b-day. :)
As far as the "haze on the interior" I talked to Patrick about that awhile back, and we both think that there was a small bad batch made that went out. I haven't had an opportunity to try another bottle of it yet, but everybody else says it works great so I believe it does. :)
RD
No not yet. I would like to have some by then to try out on a couple different boats. I was also pretty happy with the dri wash stuff. just didnt like the price.

slowinhavasu
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
If your in Havasu, you can pick up your BoatBling products at the following retailers....
Absolute Speed and Marine
Savage Marine
Boat Brokers
Island Mini Mart
Prestige Marine
Thank you...If you have questions when in Havasu fell free to call me at928486-9839:D

riverbound
03-27-2007, 07:50 AM
After many people have raved on and on about, the boat Bling cleaning products I figured I would give them a try. Honestly I was hoping to get to write a bad review, I figured most people on here were pumping up the product just to help a fellow hot boater out. Boy was I wrong, the products work as good as advertised and better.
I have always struggled with water spots on my boat, due to the dark blue base. As soon as it gets wet the water dries and it is a bitch to get off. Another problem area for me has been the out board, there are water spots that have been on there since the thing was new, and honestly I had given up on ever getting them to come off.
Anyone who knows me knows I keep my boat clean and am pretty anal about it. So I pull it out of storage and decide to put the $100 worth of cleaning products I just bought to the test. Here is what I found.
HOT SAUCE:
I start cleaning the boat with Hot sauce and honestly at first I wasn’t too impressed. I was getting the same performance as quick detailer, but more expensive. So I clean the whole boat. And then start noticing my problem areas were MUCH cleaner than I was ever able to get them before, and those water spots that I thought I would never get rid of without and acid wash were GONE. I was impressed! So I decided to attack the motor, I figured I found a challenge too tough. I was wrong again, with some slight rubbing the water spots I have come to accept were gone. This stuff was too easy to use and left a great shine on the boat after I was done. I kept going out and looking at my 12 year old boat and I was amazed at how good it looked.
I also tried hot sauce on my mom’s boat, we used her boat for the weekend (since Stokers look so good sitting on the trailer not running). We did quite a bit of cruising, air chairing, skiing. So the boat got a good use and was covered in spots from people getting in and out of the boat etc. At the end of the boat it was time to clean the boat so Badblown572 Bordsmnj and I started cleaning the boat. Bad blown was done with the outside of the boat in less time then it took bordsmnj and myself to vacuum and clean the inside. This stuff works great and the boat looked even better.
QUICKIE SAUCE:
If you are looking to wax your boat I would not use anything other than this stuff. It was almost effortless. Goes right no, and comes right off, with very little elbow grease.
VINYL CLEANER:
Like I stated earlier, my boat is 12 years old. So obviously the interior shows signs of use. And the white vinyl wasn’t so bright anymore. The only product that I found to work decently on cleaning Vinyl was the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Well the Boat Bling Vinyl cleaner works just as well with much less effort. My interior now looks years newer.
VINYL CONDITIONER:
Not too much to say about this stuff, it works well, goes on easily and doesn’t leave that Greasy afro sheen feel.
All in all I am VERY happy with my purchase and will be ordering more when this stuff runs out.
Patrick was a pleasure to deal with and has one of the best products out. I am definitely a believer in his products now.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-27-2007, 07:57 AM
After many people have raved on and on about, the boat Bling cleaning products I figured I would give them a try. Honestly I was hoping to get to write a bad review, I figured most people on here were pumping up the product just to help a fellow hot boater out. Boy was I wrong, the products work as good as advertised and better.
I have always struggled with water spots on my boat, due to the dark blue base. As soon as it gets wet the water dries and it is a bitch to get off. Another problem area for me has been the out board, there are water spots that have been on there since the thing was new, and honestly I had given up on ever getting them to come off.
Anyone who knows me knows I keep my boat clean and am pretty anal about it. So I pull it out of storage and decide to put the $100 worth of cleaning products I just bought to the test. Here is what I found.
HOT SAUCE:
I start cleaning the boat with Hot sauce and honestly at first I wasn’t too impressed. I was getting the same performance as quick detailer, but more expensive. So I clean the whole boat. And then start noticing my problem areas were MUCH cleaner than I was ever able to get them before, and those water spots that I thought I would never get rid of without and acid wash were GONE. I was impressed! So I decided to attack the motor, I figured I found a challenge too tough. I was wrong again, with some slight rubbing the water spots I have come to accept were gone. This stuff was too easy to use and left a great shine on the boat after I was done. I kept going out and looking at my 12 year old boat and I was amazed at how good it looked.
I also tried hot sauce on my mom’s boat, we used her boat for the weekend (since Stokers look so good sitting on the trailer not running). We did quite a bit of cruising, air chairing, skiing. So the boat got a good use and was covered in spots from people getting in and out of the boat etc. At the end of the boat it was time to clean the boat so Badblown572 Bordsmnj and I started cleaning the boat. Bad blown was done with the outside of the boat in less time then it took bordsmnj and myself to vacuum and clean the inside. This stuff works great and the boat looked even better.
QUICKIE SAUCE:
If you are looking to wax your boat I would not use anything other than this stuff. It was almost effortless. Goes right no, and comes right off, with very little elbow grease.
VINYL CLEANER:
Like I stated earlier, my boat is 12 years old. So obviously the interior shows signs of use. And the white vinyl wasn’t so bright anymore. The only product that I found to work decently on cleaning Vinyl was the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Well the Boat Bling Vinyl cleaner works just as well with much less effort. My interior now looks years newer.
VINYL CONDITIONER:
Not too much to say about this stuff, it works well, goes on easily and doesn’t leave that Greasy afro sheen feel.
All in all I am VERY happy with my purchase and will be ordering more when this stuff runs out.
Patrick was a pleasure to deal with and has one of the best products out. I am definitely a believer in his products now.
Glad you liked the products.
Boat Bling will be at the Orange County Boat Show (http://www.orangecountyboatshow.com/oc_info.htm) for anyone that needs to pick up some more product.