PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Limewire....

Cruzzze
03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
...for downloading music from the internet? I just started and have a very STUPID question. I have downloaded songs to burn to a CD, how do I do that now? I can't find anything on Limewire about putting them to a CD? HELP.....:( thanx ) :(

Jbb
03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I would never steal music as that is a crime......but If I did ...I would probably use the burn program Nero...

Cruzzze
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I agree, that's why paid for Limewire's download....now HELP???????????

Mr. Crusader 83
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I used it a long time ago. I got to many viruses. But to use lime wire then burn them. open up media player and limewire. click on the song you want to burn and drag it into media player. it will transfer the song. then you can burn them from mediaplayer, or which ever program you have on your comp for burning cds.

Cruzzze
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh ok, so I gotta open the media player also ....I'll try that. THANKS!;)

jbone
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I bought Roxio, it's a burning program.
It is very user friendly. Just drag the files to the burn folder and wait a few minutes.
You can burn in mp3 format for about 10+ hours of music on 1 disc, or go wav file get the standard 20 or so songs. If you burn in mp3 format, you need a cd player that cna play it.
However, use EXTREME CAUTION downloading anything from Limewire or any other peer sharing site.
J

Mandelon
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
IF I were going to do something illegal like pirate music from Limewire. I bet I would open up the Limeware page called Library where it shows my music, and then I might, if I were ever to do that sort of illegal thing also open up the My Music section in my computer. By reducing the sizes I could possibly open them up side by side, on the same screen.
Then I could simply highlight, click and drag the music to my folders, if I was to do such a thing. One could even go to Itunes, and preview the songs you wanted to hear with their preview feature. Then go to Limeware and get the songs for free.....Music in your ipod can be uploaded to your computer with a handy program called Yamipod that is also free.
Also on Limewire is quite an amazing selection of photos and adult oriented movies and clips, some full length features even......so I have heard.

cxr133
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I used it a long time ago. I got to many viruses. But to use lime wire then burn them. open up media player and limewire. click on the song you want to burn and drag it into media player. it will transfer the song. then you can burn them from mediaplayer, or which ever program you have on your comp for burning cds.
WHAT HE SAID!!
IF your going to use Limewire make sure your virus and spyware software is up to date

Cruzzze
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Can't do that, sounds ILLEGAL!:)

Stingray69
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Bearshare used to be good, now it blows. Limewire is sadly, the best to rip, I mean share, that I can find.
Two old ladies came to my house last week, holding a big book, and said 'We just want to share with you.....'
I said, 'I do not want to share', and slammed the door. I was not dressed.

Ion
03-06-2007, 11:28 AM
... I have downloaded songs to burn to a CD, how do I do that now? I can't find anything on Limewire about putting them to a CD? HELP.....:( thanx ) :(
I use yahoo's musicmatch jukebox. It cost me about $20.00, but rips and burns a full CD of tunes in less than 10 minutes! I think the free version lets you do the same, but without the same super-fast speed. It also has nice features that let you print song lists for CD covers, or to print directly on the CD, providing of course, you have a printer that will allow you to do this.

Mr. Crusader 83
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
for virus protection use spy bot search and destroy. and Ad-Aware SE Personal. Both free. do a google search.

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
limewire is probably the safest program for downloading music. You will have to search for the folder that stores your shared music. If you use windows, you can probably go to search and type in "shared". You will find the file. The way I did it was gong to my Itunes...Then searching for all mp3 on my computer to be added to my library. then see what file name they come from, then look up that file and create a shortcut to it. then as long as you know what the file is called you can upload to any library. The same can be done with windows media player. I use Nero Burning .. I thinks its the best on the market.

abraman1326
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I also use Limewire, and what I do is after downloading the files, I open up my windows media player. Then I hit the tools tab toward the top, and search for media files. Then I put them into whatever playlist I want, and burn them through the media player. If you need more info, let me know...
BRA

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I also use Limewire, and what I do is after downloading the files, I open up my windows media player. Then I hit the tools tab toward the top, and search for media files. Then I put them into whatever playlist I want, and burn them through the media player. If you need more info, let me know...
BRA
thats the way i used to do it. The media player takes for ever to burn though, but it sounds the cleanest on a cd. I can tell in my truck with the bass.

ratso
03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Nero...

a catered life
03-06-2007, 09:15 PM
i have been using limewire for about 2 year now and burn with record now...very clear burn

RaceFace
03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
i have been using limewire for about 2 year now and burn with record now...very clear burn
Or download the iTunes freebie and set it as your default Limewire player. Then burn from that. Piece of cake and you can keep your library organized.

a catered life
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Or download the iTunes freebie and set it as your default Limewire player. Then burn from that. Piece of cake and you can keep your library organized.
good thought:idea: but i never keep the download after i burn it to cd...keeps the hard drive clean, clear and fast:D

Trailer Park Casanova
03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
...for downloading music from the internet? I just started and have a very STUPID question. I have downloaded songs to burn to a CD, how do I do that now? I can't find anything on Limewire about putting them to a CD? HELP.....:( thanx ) :(
To answer your question:
You click on EXPLORE from the Limewire library menu.
Then, another menu will appear, and you click on burn or copy (all) to CD burner.
(If you have up-dated your Windows media player recently, you may not get the burn to CD option anymore.)
Then another menu will appear.
Insert blank CD,, then check/click the tunes you want,, then click on the red burn button in the right hand corner.
If you have AVG virus protection, it'll catch the virus.
Expect to get a couple trojans a year.
Sometime a real player window will open trying to hustle in on the burn.
Clik it away,, stick with media player it's free.
You can also transfer your limewire downloads to your FREE iTunes menu, and can burn from that.
And download to your IPod.
My wife, daughter,, all the kids are using IPods in the car, golfcart, boat,, everyplace.,, I thought I was the last guy remaining still burning CD's.

Cruzzze
03-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Trailer Park Casanova, that was a big help. It worked great. Now if I can ask one more question. I have now downloaded some more songs at Limeware, and when I hit explore, and the media player shared folder comes up, the songs are there, then I pick one, hit copy to CD, the next box comes up with that one song in it, and then I hit edit playlist to add all the songs that I want on the CD, which brings up most of the songs but not all of them. I'm like what? They are not in the list. Do I need to save them or something from Limeware to the media player? Thanks:mad:

Wheeler
05-13-2007, 09:07 PM
If you want music and you want it fast, try easynews. The fastest I have down loaded from this site, about 3 meg per sec. If the song is available, click it and it starts playing immediately!
Not to mention, all the other files available.

Wheeler
05-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Have you tried Easynews? The Usenet smokes all others I have tried.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Trailer Park Casanova, that was a big help. It worked great. Now if I can ask one more question. I have now downloaded some more songs at Limeware, and when I hit explore, and the media player shared folder comes up, the songs are there, then I pick one, hit copy to CD, the next box comes up with that one song in it, and then I hit edit playlist to add all the songs that I want on the CD, which brings up most of the songs but not all of them. I'm like what? They are not in the list. Do I need to save them or something from Limeware to the media player? Thanks:mad:
I get that too sometimes.
I re-set it all by clicking playlist, and sometimes then the list you want will appear, or completely exit limewire and re-enter and the correct list may then appear.
Ya gotta mess with it a bit, and it eventually should re-appear.
goofy as hell for sure.
Also, let each step load slowly as you click into the final burn menu.
It sux.
Best to try and transfer all your music to a free iTunes account, then flawlessly burn from there.
That's about the extent of all my knowledge.