PDA

View Full Version : Harley ride this weekend

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Its gonna be warm and I want to dust the moth balls off the Harley. Anyone want to go for a ride? Live in the High Desert. Willing to go anywhere Just want to go :) :)
DILLIGAF you wanna ride I have seen posts before about your Harley rides. Saddle up brotha lets RIDE

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Its gonna be warm and I want to dust the moth balls off the Harley. Anyone want to go for a ride? Live in the High Desert. Willing to go anywhere Just want to go :) :)
DILLIGAF you wanna ride I have seen posts before about your Harley rides. Saddle up brotha lets RIDE
MMM, I'm thinkin maybe Guasti Cafe for breakfast Sunday Morn(brings you down here a little closer) then take a cruise north or south, maybe even west?:idea:

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
MMM, I'm thinkin maybe Guasti Cafe for breakfast Sunday Morn(brings you down here a little closer) then take a cruise north or south, maybe even west?:idea:
oh man that sounds goooooood. The ride sound good too:D

Bradman
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I could do Friday or Sunday. My son has his final basketball game on Saturday so that day is out.

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
what time?

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Guasti Cafe fills up by 10 or so, maybe we should say 9am Sunday. I am still on the fence however til I talk to the lil woman, but I am itchin to ride too. Just got a bunch of stuff finished on the bike, more to do, but its back together. :D

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
let me know. What ever time earlier the better. More time to ride. I will be woman free. She has a better offer :D

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Guasti Cafe fills up by 10 or so, maybe we should say 9am Sunday. I am still on the fence however til I talk to the lil woman, but I am itchin to ride too. Just got a bunch of stuff finished on the bike, more to do, but its back together. :D
Hmmm...What little woman?
I could be up for a ride on Sat or Sunday....Whaere is this Guasti Cafe?

Havasu Luvr
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm? is this an open invite? details ! !

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmmm...What little woman?
I could be up for a ride on Sat or Sunday....Whaere is this Guasti Cafe?
off of I 10 and archibald or vinyard (right accross the street from the airport)
wifey (mrs.rvrluvr) told me to hit you up :) sounds like midlife advantage and bradman want to do a sunday ........works for me
Whos in
1.TUZRVR
2. midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF?
I am new here and would like to meet some new peps:) :)

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
yes come one come all nothing formal just some HB peps gettin together.
How about Guasti Cafe 9:00 Sunday March 11 ( don't forget its daylite savings time set those clocks ahead 1 hour)
still open on ride destination.........Any suggestions

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
OK...I am in with a few others....See you guys at 9 and we can figure out the ride from there...
1.TUZRVR
2. midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
5. Hevay D + 3 other bikes

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Come on and ride :) Be there at 9! We can figure out the rest of the ride while eating breakfast

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
OK...I am in with a few others....See you guys at 9 and we can figure out the ride from there...
1.TUZRVR
2. midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
sounds great see ya then
anyone else
how bout you bradman?

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
sounds great see ya then
anyone else
how bout you bradman?
A few more will filter along. Just bump it in the AM and again in the PM so they see it.

Havasu1986
03-07-2007, 07:49 PM
. I will be woman free. She has a better offer :D
Whats her better offer.:D

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Whats her better offer.:D
something about a day with the girls. I don't get it I would rather ride then spend a day with the girl.............Well maybe I should rethink that :D :D

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
1.TUZRVR
2. Midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
It would be nice to head up into Wrightwood, lotsa good roads to explore from there, but it might be chilly, with snow, n shit. Maybe a run for the coast?
Dilligaf, didja say you called Nodigg and wifey? and the lil woman is Maria...:D

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
We cant forget to stop at the Winery there and sip a few samples before heading out!

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
It would be nice to head up into Wrightwood, lotsa good roads to explore from there, but it might be chilly, with snow, n shit. Maybe a run for the coast?
Dilligaf, didja say you called Nodigg and wifey? and the lil woman is Maria...:D
I am up for anything....Just wanna ride Supposed to be 85-90 on sunday:) :)

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
No...I haven't talked to Rick. He will see this thread though.
I have no desire to run to the snow on my bike...The coast sounds a lot better to me personally.

MR.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
No...I haven't talked to Rick. He will see this thread though.
I have no desire to run to the snow on my bike...The coast sounds a lot better to me personally.
oh sheet I didn't see the snow part.......No thanks..........Sounds like a good topic to discuss over breakfast :) :D

nodigg
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Anybody know the name of the road cafe onj the 138 headed west off the 15 halfway to Hesperia? And is it open these days?

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Anybody know the name of the road cafe onj the 138 headed west off the 15 halfway to Hesperia? And is it open these days?
oh yeah! I think it is, since its snow season, the "road cafe on the 138 headed west off the 15 halfway to Hesperia" place. N shit.

SSC
03-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi All,
I don't get here often, and I have not got a boat--yet, but do have Harley's and I would like to join in on the ride and meet you all--if that's OK.
I am coming from Riverside.
See Ya, SSC

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi All,
I don't get here often, and I have not got a boat--yet, but do have Harley's and I would like to join in on the ride and meet you all--if that's OK.
I am coming from Riverside.
See Ya, SSC
You can tag along from Corona if you want to meet us at the Chevron at Green River at 8:30am! Look for Toms purple bike!

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 04:55 AM
You can tag along from Corona if you want to meet us at the Chevron at Green River at 8:30am! Look for Toms purple bike!
:) now that's funny. Looks like a definate maybe for me. COntacting a bud to see if he is game.
1.TUZRVR
2. Midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
6. HL? + 1?

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey Tim...You know it is black-cherry. You still have your pink bike?
:)

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 07:42 AM
You guys are too funny Purple/pink? LOL:eek: making me wonder what kind of group will turn out.....:D

Midlife Advantage
03-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey Tim...You know it is black-cherry. You still have your pink bike?
:)
Sure do! But you know its Action-packed red.

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
You guys are too funny Purple/pink? LOL:eek: making me wonder what kind of group will turn out.....:D
Tim decided to get a bike that was compatable with his sensitive side :)
You going to make is David?
I am all for heading towards the coast myself. Nothing better than heading that way on a nice day.

Midlife Advantage
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I bought it from a guy thats working on a "rainbow" of bikes! :D red, yellow, purple....heehee:D
Maybe head West across the 10 from Guasti straight into Malibu, then south....

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I bought it from a guy thats working on a "rainbow" of bikes! :D red, yellow, purple....heehee:D
Maybe head West across the 10 from Guasti straight into Malibu, then south....
lol...I have nothing more to say Mr Tim...

Screaming Pete
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
you must be talking about the stone house place just before the whrightwood turn off.......i 've been thier thats some GOOD EATING right there i don't care who you are...lol

mrs.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
something about a day with the girls. I don't get it I would rather ride then spend a day with the girl.............Well maybe I should rethink that :D :D
You better rethink that buddy....I know where you sleep!! (ha ha) ;) :D

Screaming Pete
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
yes come one come all nothing formal just some HB peps gettin together.
How about Guasti Cafe 9:00 Sunday March 11 ( don't forget its daylite savings time set those clocks ahead 1 hour)
still open on ride destination.........Any suggestions
how far is that from Toms farms where we met that other time a couple of yrs ago? and is anyone riding up from escondido area thats wants to roll out and pin the throttle at 8 am? Rick?????

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
how far is that from Toms farms where we met that other time a couple of yrs ago? and is anyone riding up from escondido area thats wants to roll out and pin the throttle at 8 am? Rick?????
Its about 20-30 minutes North of Tom's Farms. From there your ride will get a lot longer back home though. I say that because if you are going to ride along with us Pete it looks like people are leaning towards a West route. We are going to discuss it at breakfast though.

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
You better rethink that buddy....I know where you sleep!! (ha ha) ;) :D
lol,,,,BUSTED! :)

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
lol,,,,BUSTED! :)
I was just thinking the same thing:eek: Going to try and make this run. 9am meet is alittle early for the high desert peeps. means a 7-7:30am departure...still pretty chilly at that time but maybe it will be warmer by sunday. Still have not heard from my buddy. but I am sure he will make it too

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I was just thinking the same thing:eek: Going to try and make this run. 9am meet is alittle early for the high desert peeps. means a 7-7:30am departure...still pretty chilly at that time but maybe it will be warmer by sunday. Still have not heard from my buddy. but I am sure he will make it too
where are you coming from? I live in phelan and will be leaving the house about 8. You want to meet up and ride down? Could meet at the Pilot.
ITs called the Mt. Top Cafe good eats.:) :) maybe its Hill Top .. Hell I don't know. And the malibu thing sounds good especially if it is warm .....Nothing like rich stuck up women in convertables with tank tops on :D :D
TO mrs.rvrluvr...........I love you and I did re think it .......I would rather RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :devil: :)

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
You know you get up early.....Just get it done :)

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
TO mrs.rvrluvr...........I love you and I did re think it .......I would rather RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :devil: :)
OUCH ! ! show the love. I live in Apple Valley. We could meet down in the pass..ie 76 station off of Hwy 138.
Tom, I'm get'n it done but DAMMMMMM it could be cold. I hope the coffee is black/strong @ Guido's Cafe:D

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
OUCH ! ! show the love. I live in Apple Valley. We could meet down in the pass..ie 76 station off of Hwy 138.
Tom, I'm get'n it done but DAMMMMMM it could be cold. I hope the coffee is black/strong @ Guido's Cafe:D
I know the place what time? I say 8 sharp.
to keep warm just pee in your pants as you ride it warms you right up:D :D

Miss Jackie
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
You know I have the final say and you can only go if you have a friend that will put me on the back of his Harley for a long ride... :)

Bradman
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
sounds great see ya then
anyone else
how bout you bradman?
I'll confirm with you this evening.

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
You know I have the final say and you can only go if you have a friend that will put me on the back of his Harley for a long ride... :)
I am solo sooooooo what time do I pick you up:)

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
GET IN LINE:mad: she's mine:idea: i think. Jackie?
8am is fine.... and Jackie can keep me warm....:devil:

Miss Jackie
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Ummmm, well since you'll be driving and I'll be holding on...whenever your ready to ride. :)

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
you snooze you loooze buddy I offered first BACK OFF :devil:
see you at 8 ...76 station 15 and 138 Look for the big ugly guy riding a black and red Heritage:jawdrop: :D :D

Miss Jackie
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL You know I love you...but you MUST share...but you can help me select them. :D

Havasu Luvr
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
you snooze you loooze buddy I offered first BACK OFF :devil:
see you at 8 ...76 station 15 and 138 Look for the big ugly guy riding a black and red Heritage:jawdrop: :D :D
Cool, I'll save her for later....:) Look for a Big Perverted Japanese Freak on a black Road King Custom

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 03:49 PM
anyone else? looks like its gonna be a good one.

Hustler
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
What the Hell Tom?? You guys plan a ride and you dont call? Wheres the love?
How do you get to this Guasti's from the 10 east? If you can get me close I should be able to spot the purple and pink bikes.:D

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
How do you get to this Guasti's from the 10 east? If you can get me close I should be able to spot the purple and pink bikes.:D
10 west of i-15
south side of freeway between Haven and Archibald Its in an old winery you can see it right off the freeway ...
I am going to get off at Haven and go south to Guasti rd. turn right and go down the street it will be on the right behind the post office (I think) Between Guasti rd. and the freewway It is in that general area. It is no directly on Guasti rd. Its behind something ....
Sorry to be so vague........

Miss Jackie
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
10 west of i-15
south side of freeway between Haven and Archibald Its in an old winery you can see it right off the freeway ...
I am going to get off at Haven and go south to Guasti rd. turn right and go down the street it will be on the right behind the post office (I think) Between Guasti rd. and the freewway It is in that general area. It is no directly on Guasti rd. Its behind something ....
Sorry to be so vague........
OMG! That is right around the corner from where I work! :)

MR.rvrluvr
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
OMG! That is right around the corner from where I work! :)
be there at nine I will bring an extra helmet:D

Miss Jackie
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
be there at nine I will bring an extra helmet:D
Hey I don't want your woman to beat me up if I come along so you'd better get her permission first...
I saw the commercial: Never rub another man's, woman's feet, never put her in your top five and NEVER ride her man's bike without her say so! LMAO ;)

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I was going to call tonight if you didn't see the thread Joe.
Mid Life Advantage knows where it is as it was his idea. I am planning on riding along with him. I will send him an email to get directions up here for you guys.
For the last time you fockers....MY BIKE IS BLACK CHERRY! :)

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey I don't want your woman to beat me up if I come along so you'd better get her permission first...
I saw the commercial: Never rub another man's, woman's feet, never put her in your top five and NEVER ride her man's bike without her say so! LMAO ;)
Just get on the bike Jackie. We will see you there

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 06:13 PM
1.TUZRVR
2. Midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
5. Heavy D + 3 other bikes
6. HL + 1?
7. SSC
8. Hustler?
9. Miss Jackie?

Midlife Advantage
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I was going to call tonight if you didn't see the thread Joe.
Mid Life Advantage knows where it is as it was his idea. I am planning on riding along with him. I will send him an email to get directions up here for you guys.
For the last time you fockers....MY BIKE IS BLACK CHERRY! :)
LMFAO! Of course it is!:D
Hey the easiest way is off the 10 Fwy at Archibald, go south off the ramp, you're on a bridge then, and at the bottom of the bridge you make a left into a strange looking place, I think you'll see the Winery signs first. Its a very old and historical place (the story is on the back of the menu's) with lots of old stone structures. When you make that left, stay to the left and dont make the curve to the right. You turn left on a little obscure looking street and it then heads East. Stay on that past the fountains place and you'll see it about halfway down, park on the left.
I just called there (909-390-6253) they open at 6am, and will probably be able to seat us all, but not exactly in the same area, at 9am. whoever can there earlier maybe wrangle the tables up somehow? Be nice to the lil ol lady at the front, she is a sweetheart.
MLA

Havasu Luvr
03-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Food for thought, I know some of you have mentioned head'n west but what about towards Palm Springs? See ya sunday, maybe head through Oak Glen down in to Palm Springs????

Screaming Pete
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Food for thought, I know some of you have mentioned head'n west but what about towards Palm Springs? See ya sunday, maybe head through Oak Glen down in to Palm Springs????
ya just have to watch the wind factor heading east to PS. and is anyone heading up from san diego/escondido area

cola
03-09-2007, 12:30 PM
If I go can I ride the Ducati.:D
Mike

MR.rvrluvr
03-09-2007, 06:04 PM
sure as long as you ride in the back:D :D :devil: :D

MR.rvrluvr
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
ya I guess your right she packs a meeeen left hook :D :D :D

cola
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
sure as long as you ride in the back:D :D :devil: :D
That would be the safest place with the inferior brakes on Harley's.:D
Mike

DILLIGAF
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
That would be the safest place with the inferior brakes on Harley's.:D
Mike
Friggin' turncoat....lol

cola
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Friggin' turncoat....lol
I still have my Harley, it's just like me. Slow, over weight and getting old. Maybe thats why I still love her.
If I get some paper work done on Sat. I will tag along.
Mike

MR.rvrluvr
03-09-2007, 08:59 PM
this looks like its gonna be a good ride except for the ducati:D :D
well at least we will have someone to make fun of:D :D

DILLIGAF
03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I got a call from some others tonight and they will be at the Rock Store in Malibu so maybe we can head over there? It should be a good ride and the wether is going to be warm :)

cola
03-10-2007, 03:10 AM
this looks like its gonna be a good ride except for the ducati:D :D
well at least we will have someone to make fun of:D :D
Thats ok I'll ride the Harley so you can keep up.:D
Mike

MR.rvrluvr
03-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Thats ok I'll ride the Harley so you can keep up.:D
Mike
OUCH!!!!:D that is so true though
I had a couple ducati's before the Harley. Lots of fun

MR.rvrluvr
03-10-2007, 08:30 AM
BTW dont forget DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME set those clocks ahead 1 hour tonight.

cola
03-10-2007, 08:56 AM
1.TUZRVR
2. Midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
6. HL + 1?
7. SSC
8. Hustler?
9. Miss Jackie?
10. Cola
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/136_3631.JPG

CampbellCarl
03-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't know how to copy the list and add my name but me and 2 buds will meet you'all at breakfast and tag along to wherever!
CC

cola
03-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Don't know how to copy the list and add my name but me and 2 buds will meet you'all at breakfast and tag along to wherever!
CC
1.TUZRVR
2. Midlife Advantage
3. bradman?
4. DILLIGAF
6. HL + 1?
7. SSC
8. Hustler?
9. Miss Jackie?
10. Cola
11. carl + 2

Havasu Luvr
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Damm it, I'm out, slow leaker in rear tire....:mad: :mad: :mad:

DILLIGAF
03-11-2007, 06:00 AM
GET UP YOU LAZY FOCKERS! Time to get it going :)
See you at 9A
It is already warm outside.......

MR.rvrluvr
03-11-2007, 06:24 AM
I am out the door see ya there

cola
03-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Grampa's plans have changed. Sorry guys a better offer came to the table, Snow White is comming over. I might still make breakfast.
Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/164_6453.JPG

Bradman
03-11-2007, 06:53 AM
When you guys decide where you're going to ride after breakfast, please give me a call. We might be able to catch up to you then. There's about 6 of us who can't head out until this afternoon because I couldn't get anybody to watch the kids until then.:( My cell is 909-528-2219.
Hope to see you this afternoon.

DILLIGAF
03-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I am out the door see ya there
Put the water down and take steps back :)
I had a great time today on the ride. Good peeps, beautiful weather and no stress. Next time we have to head up to the High Desert for a ride.
Thanks everybody :)

cola
03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Tom, sorry I flaked, where did you ride after breakfast. I did get some work done on the boat.
Thanks, Mike

MR.rvrluvr
03-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Put the water down and take steps back :)
I had a great time today on the ride. Good peeps, beautiful weather and no stress. Next time we have to head up to the High Desert for a ride.
Thanks everybody :)
had a great time everyone. Hey tom next time I will bring a gallon of ICE water:D :D

DILLIGAF
03-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Tom, sorry I flaked, where did you ride after breakfast. I did get some work done on the boat.
Thanks, Mike
Mike...I saw your grandaughter pic. She is more than worth it, there will always be other rides :).

Midlife Advantage
03-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes it was, a great day. Anybody look at their OD to see how many miles we put in? The cruise along the coast was the best, nice and cool out. The Windy Ridge fire made for an interesting trip back over the 241, was like driving through, like, a fire! 'n shit.
Nice to meet some new HB'ers, lets do it again soon:D

DILLIGAF
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes it was, a great day. Anybody look at their OD to see how many miles we put in? The cruise along the coast was the best, nice and cool out. The Windy Ridge fire made for an interesting trip back over the 241, was like driving through, like, a fire! 'n shit.
Nice to meet some new HB'ers, lets do it again soon:D
I think it was 142 miles from my house Tim