PDA

View Full Version : Curious What You Would Do?:

Trailer Park Casanova
03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
This time of the year, we take our stuff to the river.
In route, we stay at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas for a few days.
Part of the stay is a visit to Gameworks.
The kids get the 3 hr unlimited play and the wife and I head upstairs to the fine atmosphere bar and grill and pool tables.
Sitting at the GameWorks bar is excellent.
No mean drunks or assholes starting crap, mostly fine chix & people there having a good time, and a really nice, cozy relaxing bar.
Good music, sports on the HDTV, reasonable prices.
Typical Vegas lounge, mostly cash transactions, people buying rounds for their groups,, plenty of paper crossing the bar.
We watched the bartender charge for the drinks, the customers usually leaving a heavy tip with the cash they pay,, then the bartender would put ALL the money next to the register,, and within a few minutes, that cash made it way into her tip jar. All of it.
An occasional transaction was done properly, but most went into the jar.
She really filled the jar with some lettuce. Stuffed. Went on for the three hours we were there.
We just figured if management is that dumb,,, it's their problem. We said nothing.
And being on vacation, we don't need any drama either.
Would you bring it to anyones attention, or ignor it like we did?
What if you knew the owner, would you react any different?

beaverretriever
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
If I saw someone steeling anything I would try to get that person caught or take care of it myself. I F-N hate thiefs. :mad:
I actually saw a young guy steel some crap at a Walgreens. I chased him out to the parking lot. Unfortunately the Mngt said they couldn't do anything unless they caught him actually doing it. I said "why don't you just tell the police that you did catch him the act?".. I don't know what they ended up doing, but at least I felt good about what part I played.

jh4rt
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I would tend to agree with beaverretriever, only... not my town, not my place, I think I would do what you did and leave it to management. If they found out and asked me to testify, I'd step up. But, to proactively approach management, that would be iffy.
If I knew the owner, or anyone there, I guess it would be an entirely different story. I'd sing like a canary... I also hate f&&kin thieves.

dumbandyoung
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM

beaverretriever
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I would tend to agree with beaverretriever, only... not my town, not my place, I think I would do what you did and leave it to management. If they found out and asked me to testify, I'd step up. But, to proactively approach management, that would be iffy.
If I knew the owner, or anyone there, I guess it would be an entirely different story. I'd sing like a canary... I also hate f&&kin thieves.
If you saw a person steal a purse from an old lady, would you do anything even though you don't know that person? I sure hope you would.
You can't justify it in any way. You wouldn't have to make a big deal about it; but secretly let the management know.
If you owned that joint, wouldn't you want someone to let you know?