PDA

View Full Version : after reading the site 6 thread

a catered life
03-08-2007, 07:16 AM
what are the other options for lauching in havi.....last time we used the facilities at the narticual but those won't be available all the time or will they raff?:idea: .....i have heard of winsdor are there any more ramps.....and to answer you kiltoy before you say it yes i have a 4x2 tahoe with a 25' eliminator edge mod hull (i need a lot of water to launch) so site 6 is out

SummerBreeze
03-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Windsor ramp..... you will be fine

voodoomedman
03-08-2007, 07:20 AM
North Ramp at Windsor is fine. Yearly pass for $100 will also let you launch at Cattail
Marina is a nice ramp but the people aren't always so nice
Cattail is very nice people are even nicer but it's a drive south of town
Then theres the campgrounds and such if your allowed to launch Crazy Horse, Sandpoint is next to Cattail so might as well just use Cattail

NOTALENT
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Cat tail is my favorite, nice ramps, not much traffic.

Magic34
03-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I have always launched at Windsor or The Nautical.
However, I am now wondering where I can launch a 37' cruiser? I think it drafts 3'.
Any suggestions?

x7734x
03-08-2007, 07:27 AM
How is the Windsor ramp for a 25' Daytona? I rented a house form a hot boat member for Desert Strom and the Windsor launch pass is included.

Big Warlock
03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
You can launch your Cruiser at either the Nautical or Windsor (north). I have launched at both and never had a problem with my 38'.

KREGER
03-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Windsor ramp..... you will be fine
north side. :)

catman-do
03-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I love cattail. Especially on the busy weekends. No lines, no a$$holes to deal with, and the jetskiers are looming around right outside the boueys like cockroaches.

Mrs.Racer277
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Marina, Cattail, Windsor

Mrs.Racer277
03-08-2007, 07:50 AM
How is the Windsor ramp for a 25' Daytona? I rented a house form a hot boat member for Desert Strom and the Windsor launch pass is included.
You should have no problem :)

x7734x
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
You should have no problem :)
Thanks...

Jetdriver
03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I hear that you can launch your boat and trailer at Black Meadow for a small fee. :D

Jyruiz
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
North Ramp at Windsor is fine. Yearly pass for $100 will also let you launch at Cattail
Marina is a nice ramp but the people aren't always so nice
Cattail is very nice people are even nicer but it's a drive south of town
Then theres the campgrounds and such if your allowed to launch Crazy Horse, Sandpoint is next to Cattail so might as well just use Cattail
I was not aware that the yearly Windsor pass would allow you to launch at Cattail. I have yet to launch at Cattail, but I have heard nothing but good things about it, I am definitely going to have to give it a try.

HatenWinter
03-08-2007, 08:39 AM
We launch our 25' there, use the North ramp and you be just fine. In fact that's where my dad launches his 38' Fountain, he has never had a problem!:)

raff
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I hear that you can launch your boat and trailer at Black Meadow for a small fee. :D
But I think he would like to keep the trailer hooked to the truck:D
How you doing Bubby?

Jetdriver
03-08-2007, 09:02 AM
But I think he would like to keep the trailer hooked to the truck:D
How you doing Bubby?
Doin ok. We need to get together sometime soon!

Rvr Swpr
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
The restaurant at black meadow is ok,good food.

a catered life
03-08-2007, 10:00 AM
You can launch your Cruiser at either the Nautical or Windsor (north). I have launched at both and never had a problem with my 38'.
dont you have to own time share or at least have a room there to launch

a catered life
03-08-2007, 10:04 AM
and why are you being so mean to me....:confused: black meadows reminds me of the first date i went on a didnt score...i spent a crap load of money, went home with a dumb look on my face, and kept asking myself what was i thinking:idea: :sqeyes: :eek:

a catered life
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Marina, Cattail, Windsor
so there is no membership needed to lauch at the marina:confused:

Jetdriver
03-08-2007, 10:34 AM
and why are you being so mean to me....:confused: black meadows reminds me of the first date i went on a didnt score...i spent a crap load of money, went home with a dumb look on my face, and kept asking myself what was i thinking:idea: :sqeyes: :eek:
Im not being mean to you buddy. I was being mean to SuperSteve. If I was being mean to you I would have told you that BlackMeadow has a wonderful bodyshop for trailer repairs. Done while you wait. LOL :D

mikefd024
03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Where is catail exactly???

Havasu1986
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Where is catail exactly???
Its a campground about 15 mins out of Havi going towards Parker off the 95.

a catered life
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Im not being mean to you buddy. I was being mean to SuperSteve. If I was being mean to you I would have told you that BlackMeadow has a wonderful bodyshop for trailer repairs. Done while you wait. LOL :D
body shop for trailer repairs....lmao WOW:D that would have been real mean to say to me:eek: ......how's the fam doing?

Desert Rat
03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Willie at least you got fu(ked @ BML:D

HMF'er
03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I have always launched at Windsor or The Nautical.
However, I am now wondering where I can launch a 37' cruiser? I think it drafts 3'.
Any suggestions?
The Ocean?

HMF'er
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
When the lovely lady at the front gate there tells you "Launch at your own risk", she means it. There used to be a nice chunk of concrete missing between two lanes, I haven't been there in years but I doubt they fixed it.

riverroyal
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
mid april is when the ramp is usable for anthing around 28ft,even then its tough,,,

SoCal_fun
03-08-2007, 07:13 PM
BML is the offical launch and camping site for the SoCal_Fun clan. We love the food, the people and the really well maintained ramp. :)
(my discount tickets are in the mail I'm told).

shueman
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
They need to move foreward and get that planned facility south of Body Beach done...

EAZYKILLER2006
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
THE MARINA 15$ A DAY:( sometimes the turn :mad: over 25ft boats away, when the water is low...at least they let ya know...

EAZYKILLER2006
03-08-2007, 07:53 PM
and why are you being so mean to me....::confused: black meadows reminds me of the first date i went on a didnt score...i spent a crap load of money, went home with a dumb look on my face, and kept asking myself what was i thinking:idea: :sqeyes: :eek:
and why are you being so mean to me....:: thats funny ....:D

raff
03-08-2007, 07:56 PM
WOW:eek: :jawdrop: :eek: That he did more then once I think:D

raff
03-08-2007, 08:00 PM
(my discount tickets are in the mail I'm told).
I sent you mine:eek:
We are heading out after work on the 23rd, you should grab yourself a room up in town and come join us.. Or maybe you could get a spot at Crazy Horse:idea:

pixilatedpussy
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
:) what are the other options for lauching in havi.....last time we used the facilities at the narticual but those won't be available all the time or will they raff?:idea: .....i have heard of winsdor are there any more ramps.....and to answer you kiltoy before you say it yes i have a 4x2 tahoe with a 25' eliminator edge mod hull (i need a lot of water to launch) so site 6 is out
When r u going hunny buns?

Mrs.Racer277
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
so there is no membership needed to lauch at the marina:confused:
Not the last time we used it.....Be we use Windsor most of the time :)

blown dough
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
We always launch at the marina, that is when its not closed to boats over 24'

Deano
03-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Windsor or Nautical...The marina has the best ramp but Fuk those guys! Site six is fine during the week. I have made the mistake of launching at six during the weekend..it took over two hour to retrieve, no bueno.Whole lotta people not knowing what the hell they are doing!

blown dough
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
I almost died at site six, long story but none the less true.

Deano
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I almost died at site six, long story but none the less true.
No need to explain..probably some dip shit running you over with either their boat or trailer.... It's okay during the week and thats about it. I only go there for some strange and thats only happened a couple times:D

blown dough
03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
No need to explain..probably some dip shit running you over with either their boat or trailer.... It's okay during the week and thats about it. I only go there for some strange and thats only happened a couple times:D
No its wasn't that. I will tell.... We were launching the boat there on a very windy day. I was standing out side the truck while hubby was backing up to the water all of the sudden this huge piece of plywood with nails came flying off the roof of those ghetto apartments (or whatever) and scrapes my leg and lands right next to me. Any closer it would of hit me and it had about 20 nails sticking out of it. It hit the ground next to me so hard we didn't even know what it was for a few minutes.

H2O
03-08-2007, 11:27 PM
The hotel I'm staying at this weekend says they give free boat launch passes to beachcomber resort ramp?
Anybody know anything about that ramp? I'm only launching a 23', but I heard the waters low. And how are the crowds there?
Thanks.

Magic34
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
dont you have to own time share or at least have a room there to launch
Usually if you know someone staying there, they can get an additional boat added to the room with launching abilites for $50.
However, on big boats, the trailer needs to be backed further than the ramp allows. We plowed it last year for everone (thanks to me and 40flatdeck and the use of his trailer) so you are all welcome!!!! :D
I dont think it would happen at the Nautical ( I have walked all edges of that ramp) and I am worried about how much the boat drafts at Windsor. If it is busy there, sometimes people dont leave you an ideal way to get out and it gets shallow. Also if the wind kicks up bad, I am concerned with how it will be to control at cruiser in the tight environment there.
For anyone who has a boat under 32' dont worry, Windosr is fine. I used to launch my 34' Magic cat there all the time and never had an issue.

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I have launched the Donzi at Nautical and Windsor. I am not a big Havasu fan but enjoy going there when my friends are all going to be there.
Yes, you have to be staying at the Nautical to launch there.
The Marina does not allow boats over 30 feet to alunch there. They have practiced noise enforcement there as well while you are at the dock.
However, need some ice or something atthe store, they happily let you tie up at the courtesy docks and purchase whatever.

Magic34
03-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I have launched the Donzi at Nautical and Windsor. I am not a big Havasu fan but enjoy going there when my friends are all going to be there.
Yes, you have to be staying at the Nautical to launch there.
The Marina does not allow boats over 30 feet to alunch there. They have practiced noise enforcement there as well while you are at the dock.
However, need some ice or something atthe store, they happily let you tie up at the courtesy docks and purchase whatever.
It would be interesting to see if the Marina would let a big cruiser launch there.

a catered life
03-13-2007, 07:55 AM
THE MARINA 15$ A DAY:( sometimes the turn :mad: over 25ft boats away, when the water is low...at least they let ya know...
now thats customer service...i would rather be turned away than puck up something:D

a catered life
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
:)
When r u going hunny buns?
where ever your going...i might be there for my spring break mid week in april....how are u and the fam?..we havent talked for a long time....when is the next party so i can drink up all the vodka:D

a catered life
03-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Usually if you know someone staying there, they can get an additional boat added to the room with launching abilites for $50.
you get the "providing info of the day award":D

Baja Big Dog
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Park Moabi...10 bucks, no crowds...now that was dumb no crowds until now!!!!:jawdrop: