PDA

View Full Version : What The F Happened To Gas Prices!?!?!

Hallett19
03-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Those shits went up....A LOT!!!! :mad:
I filled up Friday and paid $2.98 for 91, same place was at $3.38 as of yesterday, cant wait to see what its at today.

NOTALENT
03-08-2007, 08:00 AM
The govt likes to rape people...I was thinkin of riding my R6 to havi this weekend....hmmmm:D

Jordy
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
The govt likes to rape people...
That must be what it is... W and his gov't gas stations and refineries!!! Damn him!!! :mad: :devil: :mad: :rolleyes:

RiverToysJas
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.zammy.com/myspace/funny/New_Highway_Info_Sign.jpg
RTJas :mad:

Mrs.Racer277
03-08-2007, 08:03 AM
The Chevron I go to was just raising there prices this am.......super unleaded was going from $3.09 to $3.19 :( :( Can not wait to see what summer will bring. :mad: :devil: :sqeyes:

Big Warlock
03-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Jeeeesh, lots of previous posts about this. But in a nut shell.........
A) Fire in refinery in Texas.
B) Current change of fuel blend per Cali laws enacted to save the environment and hold poluution in check.
Ash about Global Warming next!!! :D

bigq
03-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I forget where I saw it but they estimate gas to be going to almost $6.00 a gallon by end of May. They want to get it up as high as Europe. We pay very low prices here compare to there.:sqeyes:

a catered life
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.zammy.com/myspace/funny/New_Highway_Info_Sign.jpg
RTJas :mad:
this just about sums it up..amazing oil is not nearly as high as it was last year our reserves are ok and still over $3.00 a gallon

RiverToysJas
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I know where I read this, and it was updated two days ago.......
Average monthly motor gasoline prices are expected to increase by nearly 40 cents per gallon from February ($2.28 per gallon) through June, peaking at $2.67 per gallon. Rising crude oil prices and seasonal demand are the principal drivers for this expected increase. The projected average of about $2.60 per gallon for the upcoming driving season (April-September) would be about 20 cents per gallon less than last yearÂ’s driving season average. Next month, the outlook for motor fuels will be updated and examined in detail in the Summer Fuels Outlook.
(http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/contents.html)

spectras only
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
They want to get it up as high as Europe. We pay very low prices here compare to there.:sqeyes:
Lame excuse ! Europe has a very good transit system for a 100 yrs. I would park my car during the week if we had one like that over here . It would take me two hours minimum with all the transfers to get to work , instead of 30 min max in a car.
Here in canada ,we're paying $4.28 cdn for 87 already !

Jbb
03-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Lame excuse ! Europe has a very good transit system for a 100 yrs. I would park my car during the week if we had one like that over here . It would take me two hours minimum with all the transfers to get to work , instead of 30 min max in a car.
Yep....you should all use the bus!.......:D

Jordy
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
A) Fire in refinery in Texas.
amazing oil is not nearly as high as it was last year our reserves are ok and still over $3.00 a gallon
It's been beat to death in these threads. There is a HUGE shortage of refineries in the US thanks to environmentalists and the NIMBY portion of the population.
When a refinery goes down and quanity demanded stays the same, or even increases due to warmer months, more travel and RV's, the price has to go up or the gas companies will run out.
Want gas prices to go down? It's simple, work to get more refineries built. ;)
The last one built here was built in 1976. Think demand might have increased a little bit since then? I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that we even have less refineries now than we did back then due to closings of older plants.
Not to muddle a perfectly good ***boat thread up with facts, but this was a pretty good read:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6019739/
Yes, it's an older article, but it does explain alot of what's going on with refinery production shortages versus an ever growing demand.

bigq
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
The days for boating and running big trucks are numbered.They need to raise it as high as possible. People in the US have it to easy and are very over indulgent.:rolleyes:

Jbb
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Al Gore said he invented gasoline.....

RitcheyRch
03-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I think this is the time of year that they pull refineries off line for maintenance

Jordy
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I read that on another great Al Gore invention: The Internet!!! :D :D :D

Tom Brown
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Lucky for you he also invented the Tornado Fuel Saver for that blown big block jet of yours.

Jbb
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Lucky for you he also invented the Tornado Fuel Saver for that blown big block jet of yours.
You have jet envy......smoke boy.....:D
and besides ...when it comes to having fun......does cost really matter?
not to me....

Tom Brown
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
For me, when it comes to saving money, fun doesn't matter.

Jbb
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I read that on another great Al Gore invention: The Internet!!! :D :D :D
I can tell by the tone of your comment your all hatin on Al.....
The Jordy needs to stop hating....:D

Jbb
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
For me, when it comes to saving money, fun doesn't matter.
As long as you have Topper....or at least...a reasonable facsimile nearby? (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142891)

Tom Brown
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I had Topper made for formal occasions. When I want to get down and dirty, it's all about SammyJo. :cool:

rivercrazy
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
After the oil companies records profits, net income is off a little this last quarter.
So they manipulated supply again to bump up prices.
Its pretty strait forward...

dirty old man
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Jordy is pretty close, its the NIMBY'S and corporate greed. The NIMBY'S are what will help keep bio-fuels from the west coast to

Stingray69
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
They closed a refinery northa here about 4 or 5 years ago, when it was bought out by a larger company. I've always been curious how many more closed nationwide, so the supply could more easily be controlled.
NO one was biatching about it being in their back yard. That city LOVED IT. Lotta good jobs lost, too.

Racey
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Get ready for $4.00 a gallon this summer, $5.00 a gallon within 2 summers, they are just gonna keep raping us and there is really nothing we can do about it because our lives have become so dependant on it.

Big Warlock
03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Little tough on math for some but here is the truth. Please follow:
Oil is the raw material used in refineries to make fuels and lubricants. The raw material (oil) represents 33% of the cost you pay at the pump. Doubling or cutting the cost of the raw material WILL NEVER directly correspond to the change of price at the pump.
The main issue is supply and demand. No new refineries in over 25 years. America economic growth has ben astronomical (sp?). Oil companies have used technology and eveything else to continue to supply America's energy needs. Now it is time to build more refineries.
Oil companies are making record profits in numbers. However their percent to the bottom line is only a few points higher. They raise the price for fuel because their supply is limited. Without raising the prices and curbing demand, they would simply run out of fuel. A by product of the supply and demand issue is higher profits at the refinery level. Refineries has, historically, been the lowest margin of the business. So it hasn't really impacted the overall margin of the oil company.
However, being America, you are free to cash in on the "obscene" wealth these companies are making by starting your own oil business. Of course, you can't build a refinery either, but what the hell. You see, Al Gore and his intellectual buddies are smarter than the world itself. But thatis a bedtime story for another day. :D

abraman1326
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM
There was also a big fire at a refinery in the Bay Area as well, so that's contributing to the cost. But I really doubt it's that much more expensive for them to produce more. It just sucks that Big Oil has all of us by the short and curleys...
BRA

spectras only
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I wonder if anyone gives a rat's ass about Al Gore in China :idea: .
At the present rate , they sell 5 million new cars every year , and that
number is expanding . I bet they're building a bunch of refineries right now .

Big Warlock
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
There was also a big fire at a refinery in the Bay Area as well, so that's contributing to the cost. But I really doubt it's that much more expensive for them to produce more. It just sucks that Big Oil has all of us by the short and curleys...
BRA
How do they have us by the short and curleys? How many oil companies can you name? Now try how many computer operating systems? Savy???:devil:

rivercrazy
03-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Let's face facts here. The oil company's represent the most powerful MONOPOLY in this country. This not only gives them tremendous power over their basic business but also many other peripheral related things. Like governments, politics, lobbying, special interests, behavior of consumers, etc....
They WANT supply shortfalls. Its good for their business model. They do everything they can do to perpetuate tight supply.
The oil companies talk out of both sides of their backside. They are pro-business one minute and treehuggers the next.
They take advantage of a very rare economic opportunity - its called inelastic demand. Demand is not afffected greatly by supply or price........

spectras only
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Shell has interests in Ballard's technology . Ballard has been researching its technology for over 20 years . What's the hold up for cars for so long. We have buses running here for over a decade on this system .:idea:. One of my colleague's wife worked for Ballard and had a test vehicle for a few months ,I rode in it .

SmokinLowriderSS
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
They closed a refinery northa here about 4 or 5 years ago, when it was bought out by a larger company. I've always been curious how many more closed nationwide, so the supply could more easily be controlled.
NO one was biatching about it being in their back yard. That city LOVED IT. Lotta good jobs lost, too.
In 1980 in central Kansas, Wichita had a Derby refinery, Augusta (10 miles East) had a Mobil refinery, ElDorado (20 miles NE of Wichita) had a Derby AND a Texaco.
Over the late 80's & 90's Both Derby's closed, and the Mobil refinery closed, leaving the Texaco refinery, 25% of the production capacity right here.
Spring IS maintenance time for the refineries too, which reduces capacity, and current usage is VERY CLOSE to absolute capacity.

burtandnancy2
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't forget, some of the CEO's are waiting for their annual bonus's for doing such an outstanding job; some as much as $400,000,000 (thats with an M) each...

Jordy
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The oil company's represent the most powerful MONOPOLY in this country.
Wouldn't that be an oligopoly as there is more than one company? A monopoly would be something like a Microsoft. ;) :D

Mandelon
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, I am looking on the bright side. Diesel is FINALLY cheaper than gas again....LOL

blown dough
03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't forget, some of the CEO's are waiting for their annual bonus's for doing such an outstanding job; some as much as $400,000,000 (thats with an M) each...
I think I contributed to that today, my car took $67.00, what the hell!!!!!!!!

4DAY4PLAY
03-08-2007, 05:57 PM
BRA
Thats a total BS excuse, a fire in a refinery so they raised the gas prices...i know ive heard it a hundred times on the news. There has always been fires in refinerys since theyve opened and there hasnet been this many gas gouging years and years ago. Dont these refinerys have insurance to cover loss from fire damage or supply like other building, stores, wharehouses, etc do?

rivercrazy
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't that be an oligopoly as there is more than one company? A monopoly would be something like a Microsoft. ;) :D
Yes techically your right. However, when they are collaberating together behind the scenes, you can make a pretty good case for a monopoly.....

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Thats a total BS excuse, a fire in a refinery so they raised the gas prices...i know ive heard it a hundred times on the news. There has always been fires in refinerys since theyve opened and there hasnet been this many gas gouging years and years ago. Dont these refinerys have insurance to cover loss from fire damage or supply like other building, stores, wharehouses, etc do?
It's not the cost to repair damages from the fire. It's the inability to produce fuel. Hence creating a shortage. Supply and demand kick in and prices rise. And yes, many years ago, no problem. No building refineries for 25 years and you have no more flexibility in the supply system.
People helping people. :D

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Yes techically your right. However, when they are collaberating together behind the scenes, you can make a pretty good case for a monopoly.....
WHAT??????????
A) 30 some oil companies are in collusion????
B) It's still a monopoly even though someone just explained oligopoly? What part did you miss? If "A" is true, it would be an oligopoly, not a monopoly. Savy?? :D

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 08:12 AM
You're acting like a complete, understandable, literate, college educated person. Stop it! This is Hot Boat! We don't need that here!!
Moron!! :D
Probably a republican too.
It's "W's" fault. He owns the oil companies don't you know? That's why he has Cheney. Damn.........it's all so sad!!!

HocusPocus
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
it sucks... i hate it but its been doing this dance for as long as i can remember. when fuel prices get over $3.00 a gallon then the trucks, suv's and toys such as boats start losing their appeal and make it tougher to sell'em. fuel prices don't really hurt us directly because our fuel costs are very low because we don't have to commute and my wifes company vehicle comes with a fuel card. many up here in the high desert commute down the hill for work and i know its like having another car payment + just paying for the fuel each month. then i won't even mention all the other prices that go up because of fuel costs.... :mad:

Firecracker
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I know people who have been forced to try to find other jobs up here in the desert that pay as good as their jobs in the Valley, because the gas prices made it unaffordable for them to drive to work. I used to commute to No. Hollywood everyday. I tried the metrolink thing, it was nice, but the problem with that was trying ot find a ride from the station to my work and back to the station after work. The station was about 7 miles away from my work. It is very unfortunate that gas prices have gotten so high. People who used to have extra money to do things with their families don't have it aymore, becuase they are paying more for gas to get to work, pretty soon they won't be able to afford to go to work. :( It is pretty sad how things have gotten.

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 09:13 AM
The answer isn't pretty. We need more refineries to catch up with the economy that has grown over the past 30 years.
The Saudis tried to build and were told no by the US Government. They even offered to build refineries in the Carribean and barge product into the system at Texas and Louisiana. Again, they were told no import of fuel products!
As much as has been bantered here about how much the oil companies make, the margins don't allow for the incentive for them to build new refineries. Why should they? Like someone said, they make money when something goes down! The answer is to give them the tax incentives to build. Basically offering them a deal they can't say no to. Then things will improve. There is no shortage of oil. :mad:

RitcheyRch
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks like going to keep going UP. :mad:
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_068131126.html
Gasoline Prices Rise For 5th Consecutive Week
(CBS) RIVERSIDE, Calif. Tight supplies and speculators helped send Inland Empire prices rising for the fifth consecutive week as California, with unleaded regular averaging nearly $3 a gallon, overtook Hawaii with the nation's most expensive gasoline, the Auto Club said Friday.
The average price of a gallon of regular self-serve in Riverside and San Bernardino counties area rose 10.8 cents over the past week to $2.935 Friday, 37 cents more than last month and a year ago, according to the latest Auto Club survey of the region's gas stations.
The average price per gallon rose 13.1 cents from Feb. 23-March 2, 5 cents from Feb. 16-23, 8 cents from Feb. 9-16 and 8.1 cents from Feb. 2-9 after dropping for five consecutive weeks.
In Orange County, the average price per gallon rose 12.9 cents over the past week to $2.892. The price rose 12.2 cents from Feb. 23-March 2, 5.2 cents from Feb. 16-23, 8.3 cents from Feb. 9-16 and 7.2 cents from Feb. 2-9 after dropping for five consecutive weeks.
"With five straight weeks of price increases, the California average price of $2.96 a gallon is now more expensive than the Hawaii average price of $2.87," Auto Club spokeswoman Carol Thorp said. "Speculators concerned about California's tight fuel market have pushed wholesale prices up quickly."
The Auto Club provided this breakdown of gasoline prices in selected portions of California and Nevada as of 12:01 a.m. Friday.
Area Regular One-week Record Price
San Bernardino $2.935 +10.8 cents $3.445 (5/15/2006)
Orange County $2.892 +12.9 cents $3.371 (5/17/2006)
Long Beach $2.934 +11.7 cents $3.402 (5/13/2006)
San Diego $2.946 +10.9 cents $3.438 (5/15/2006)
Lompoc $3.051 +8.9 cents $3.491 (5/16/2006)
Bakersfield $2.964 +11.0 cents $3.450 (5/16/2006)
Las Vegas $2.591 +6.1 cents $3.176 (5/17/2006)

spectras only
03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Then things will improve. There is no shortage of oil. :mad:
Every year Calgary hosts symposiums on oil , research and recovery attracting people from all over the world. I remember back in the 90's ,they released a figure on how much oil left to explore . Basically they said , since the turn of the century we only used 10% of the world's reserves :idea: . Go forward 17 years from 1990,and all of sudden it's gloom and doom ;) .Who do you believe nowdays ? Maybe 'Hooli' has some insight :D
http://www.pro-edge.com/Page.asp?PageID=122&ContentID=251&SiteNodeID=98

Big Warlock
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Every year Calgary hosts symposiums on oil , research and recovery attracting people from all over the world. I remember back in the 90's ,they released a figure on how much oil left to explore . Basically they said , since the turn of the century we only used 10% of the world's reserves :idea: . Go forward 17 years from 1990,and all of sudden it's gloom and doom ;) .Who do you believe nowdays ? Maybe 'Hooli' has some insight :D
http://www.pro-edge.com/Page.asp?PageID=122&ContentID=251&SiteNodeID=98
That's still valid scientific info. Just don't try to tell the enviromental wack jobs facts. They hate that shiat!!! :mad:

sorry dog
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
MS is a close example but there are some alternatives and piracy makes this model a little different from a perfect monopoly.
I think a better example would be Tom Brown's demand for sex and his hand is the monopolistic supplier.

RT21
03-11-2007, 05:20 PM
You're acting like a complete, understandable, literate, college educated person. Stop it! This is Hot Boat! We don't need that here!!
Moron!! :D
Probably a republican too.
It's "W's" fault. He owns the oil companies don't you know? That's why he has Cheney. Damn.........it's all so sad!!!
You are right about the refineries. But, it IS W's fault. He is the leader of the country. Have you heard him pushing the case for more refineries? I have not. I would applaud an executive order for that AND drilling in ANWAR. But, we get nothing from this shmuck. He is such a loser. Plus allowing the illegal invasion of the border to continue just makes him (and things here) even worse.
I expect this crap from a leftist dem, But to get stabbed in the back by a supposed conservative is unacceptable.

AzMandella
03-11-2007, 07:04 PM
You are right about the refineries. But, it IS W's fault. He is the leader of the country. Have you heard him pushing the case for more refineries? I have not. I would applaud an executive order for that AND drilling in ANWAR. But, we get nothing from this shmuck. He is such a loser. Plus allowing the illegal invasion of the border to continue just makes him (and things here) even worse.
I expect this crap from a leftist dem, But to get stabbed in the back by a supposed conservative is unacceptable.
Maybe you need to pay better atention to things.In the begining of his first term he put a bill to congress to apprpriate money to build more refineries and oil exploration.But the Libs and ecofreaks voted it down.JUst like they keep voting down powerplants for Cali. The Libs just won"t let it happen.And then we have to listen to the same people cry about why they can't run their A/C units 24/7 or gas is too pricy for their oil burning VW vans.And if you havn't forgotten this is free enterprise system and since there is over 30 oilcompanies the Gov.can't do anything unles their is a monopoly or gross price gouging.

Jordy
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
You are right about the refineries. But, it IS W's fault.
If you plan on hanging out and reading my posts, as well as Big Warlock's posts, I can only suggest that you read up, or perhaps enroll in classes in sarcasm and rhetoric. :D

RT21
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe you need to pay better atention to things.In the begining of his first term he put a bill to congress to apprpriate money to build more refineries and oil exploration.But the Libs and ecofreaks voted it down.JUst like they keep voting down powerplants for Cali. The Libs just won"t let it happen.And then we have to listen to the same people cry about why they can't run their A/C units 24/7 or gas is too pricy for their oil burning VW vans.And if you havn't forgotten this is free enterprise system and since there is over 30 oilcompanies the Gov.can't do anything unles their is a monopoly or gross price gouging.
How many years ago was that? And when was the last time you heard another word about it? Also, as far as paying better attention? Presidents dont "put bills". And I believe it was when the reps controlled both houses anyway. Face it, they are screwing us. I dont blame the oil companies. Its their job to make money. Our gov just lets them do it, thats the problem.

AzMandella
03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
How many years ago was that? And when was the last time you heard another word about it? Also, as far as paying better attention? Presidents dont "put bills". And I believe it was when the reps controlled both houses anyway. Face it, they are screwing us. I dont blame the oil companies. Its their job to make money. Our gov just lets them do it, thats the problem.
OOOps my mistake."Intoduced a bill to congress".:rolleyes: You don't blame the oil companies but you blame the government for not interfering with free enterprise? I sure hope you don't own your own buisiness because the government might just decide to unlawfully interfere with yours.Then you would have a completely different veiw huh? I know if our family buis. only made 13% profit we wouldn't be in buisiness.I never heard anyone blame the government when steel prices skyrocketed in the past 5yrs.And why shuold they it's called free enterprise!!! But you might be able to find youself a nice socialistic country where your ideas might work.:D

Big Warlock
03-12-2007, 07:17 AM
I beg you, please, please read all of the thread. There are other threads as well. I just can't stand explaining things ver and over. I won't bat you down here, but do us a favor and read up!! You'll feel better and know what the problems are and be able to add your input!!
Thanks! :D

Big Warlock
03-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Morning friends!!! School is back in!!
W did propose to build more refineries. It died in congress.
I agree, as a conservative, that we have not gotten everything we wanted out of this administration. Although ideas and policies have been sound, execution has been poor. Too many attempts to compromise with the left that resulted in losing the congress. Now nothing will get done.
As far as the war, as a veteran I feel compelled to speak a piece about it.
Problem is we have handcuffed the troops. First off, I don't care who they kill over there. I don't care why. Give them the mission and the tools and let them do the job. "Rules of engagement" are BS and always have been. We look like jackasses over there!! :devil:

DaddyMack
03-12-2007, 07:57 AM
This makes for interesting reading.. as well as all the links...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie-court/memos-show-oil-companies-_b_6980.html
This is another explanation...from a less "liberal source"
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/09/MNGF9OID9N1.DTL&hw=refineries&sn=001&sc=1000
Don't really have an opinion either way... I guess as a judge, unless I know all the facts, never like to make a decision. But it all does make for interesting reading... Either way.. gas prices are up and that just sucks...

rivercrazy
03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
WHAT??????????
A) 30 some oil companies are in collusion????
B) It's still a monopoly even though someone just explained oligopoly? What part did you miss? If "A" is true, it would be an oligopoly, not a monopoly. Savy?? :D
a) Yup. There are only a few MAJOR oil companies. They are the price leaders in this industry. The others lack the size or influence to make much of a difference. They want tight supply that is easily controlled. Puts lots of money to their bottom lines. And they have most politicians in their back pocket. Lobbying power in this industry is off the scale.
B) I already agreed that technically, Oligopoly was the correct term. But a strong case can be made they act as a monopoly. Case studies comparing the two greatly supports my statement.
I'm all for capitalism and and very pro-business. But only when the game is played fairly.

Big Warlock
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
a) Yup. There are only a few MAJOR oil companies. They are the price leaders in this industry. The others lack the size or influence to make much of a difference. They want tight supply that is easily controlled. Puts lots of money to their bottom lines. And they have most politicians in their back pocket. Lobbying power in this industry is off the scale.
B) I already agreed that technically, Oligopoly was the correct term. But a strong case can be made they act as a monopoly. Case studies comparing the two greatly supports my statement.
I'm all for capitalism and and very pro-business. But only when the game is played fairly.
This is the list of oil companies operating in the US. Your right!! What a monopoly!!!
A
ARCO
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Amoco
Amsoil
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Apache Corp.
Arbusto Energy
Ashland, Inc.
B
Baker Hughes
Betelgeuse incident
Buckeye Pipe Line
Burlington Resources
C
Cabot Oil
Calibre Energy
Caltex
Cenex
Chemoil
Chevron Corporation
Circle K
Citgo
Colonial Pipeline
Conoco Inc.
D
Devon Energy
E
EOG Resources
Energen
Energen Resources Corporation
Enterprise Products
Equitable Resources
Ergon (US)
Esso
E cont.
Exxon
ExxonMobil
F
Frontier Oil
G
Getty Oil
Giant Industries
GlobalSantaFe Corporation
Gulf Oil
H
Harken Energy
Havemeyer Oil Company
Hess Corporation
Hornbeck Offshore Services
Hunt Petroleum
K
Kerr-McGee
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
Koch Industries
L
Lion Oil
M
Marathon Oil
Marathon Petroleum Company
Marland Oil Company
Mobil
Motiva Enterprises
Murphy Oil
N
NOCO Energy Corporation
O
Occidental Petroleum
P
Panda Energy International
Paramount Petroleum
Parker Drilling Company
Pennzoil
Petrohawk
Petroleum Geo-Services
Pilot Corp.
P cont.
Pilot Travel Centers
Plains All American Pipeline
Prisma Energy International
R
Rentech
Rockefeller family
S
STP (motor oil company)
Saga Petroleum LLC
Samson Investment Company
SemGroup
Seven Sisters (oil companies)
Shamrock Oil
Shell Oil Company
Sinclair Oil
Solv-Ex
Speedway SuperAmerica
Standard Oil of Louisiana
Starvin' Marvin's
Sunoco
Superior Energy Services
Syntroleum
T
Taylor Energy
Tesoro
Texaco
Trans-Arabian Pipeline Company
TransMontaigne
Transocean
U
Unocal Corporation
User:Mbc362/draft
V
VECO Corporation
Valero Energy Corporation
W
Williams Companies

RT21
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
OOOps my mistake."Intoduced a bill to congress".:rolleyes: You don't blame the oil companies but you blame the government for not interfering with free enterprise? I sure hope you don't own your own buisiness because the government might just decide to unlawfully interfere with yours.Then you would have a completely different veiw huh? I know if our family buis. only made 13% profit we wouldn't be in buisiness.I never heard anyone blame the government when steel prices skyrocketed in the past 5yrs.And why shuold they it's called free enterprise!!! But you might be able to find youself a nice socialistic country where your ideas might work.:D
Actually, presidents do not introduce bills either. House and Senate members introduce bills. Eventually ending up in an up or down vote in the full house and senate. Then the president can either sign or veto the bills that do pass. But, I am sure you already knew that.
Do you really think the gov is not involved in business? You brought up steel. Have you heard of tarriffs on imported steel? Is that what you consider unlawfull? Also, the gov gives tax breaks all the time to business to encourage investment or other benefits. (such as building a freakin refinery??) But, I only responded because you called me socialist. :D

RT21
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Jordy......sarcastic is my middle name :D
Warlock.....I am not sure what school you are teachin' :)
"proposed to build more refineries?? died in congress??" whoopty freakin do! talk is cheap. He is the leader of the party. He had majorities in both houses, and he couldnt get the deal done? Sorry, he does not get a pass from me on this. I held gov davis responsible when ca ran out of electricity for not having enough power plants (hell, he got recalled because of that).

Patyacht
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Not the expert in this area by any means but one has to wonder:
1. Why do major refinery maintenance during high production time over doing the maintenance before?
2. Why do States continue to want to increase the tax on a commodity they have no price control of. Sure not helping us. They should look at other ways making $$ for roads etc... Just my .02
3. Once the price crossed $2 she'll never come down. etc., etc. etc..... Just like taxes......
I use this site to help me alittle: http://www.gasbuddy.com/
Check out the temperature map. Sure wish I lived in CA ... :) :)

blackcloud75
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Paid $2.59/gal. for 87 octane at Mc's Market(Conoco..sp?) across from Paradise Cafe yesterday.....

Not So Fast
03-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Actually, presidents do not introduce bills either. House and Senate members introduce bills. Eventually ending up in an up or down vote in the full house and senate. Then the president can either sign or veto the bills that do pass. But, I am sure you already knew that.
Do you really think the gov is not involved in business? You brought up steel. Have you heard of tarriffs on imported steel? Is that what you consider unlawfull? Also, the gov gives tax breaks all the time to business to encourage investment or other benefits. (such as building a freakin refinery??) But, I only responded because you called me socialist. :D
You will get no argument from me whatsoever!!!!!!!!! "W" sucks. NSF

sorry dog
03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Not the expert in this area by any means but one has to wonder:
2. Why do States continue to want to increase the tax on a commodity they have no price control of. Sure not helping us. They should look at other ways making $$ for roads etc... Just my .02
It's kinda like stamps.
It's a flat rate so to keep pace with other expenses it's gotta go up or you gotta find something else to finance just to keep pace.
I would think that the majority of folks in heavy construction will tell you that their prices have beat inflation in the last few years. Asphalt and concrete prices are up about 40% in 3 years in my area and we don't have to import materials like yall do.

AzMandella
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Yes your right House and senate members must introduce it to congress.But the Prisident may propose a bill to congress and then they may decide to write it and put it into legislation.So in essence you cannot blame the Pres for the reasons why they have not passed a bill to build any more refineries because it is not up to him to put a bill into legislation because it is up to the house and senate.But I guarantee you that the some of the bills being submitted are being done so at his request.
As far as tariffs,there are tariffs on all kinds of imports.They are usually imposed on imports in order to keep importers from substantially undercutting domestic products.But that does not give the government the right to decide how industries are to run their buisness's unless they are breaking any state or federal laws.Which as far as I can see the oil companies are not doing so.