PDA

View Full Version : Mtv In Havasu

wildbillg
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Ask and they shall come....
Bringing MTV to Lake Havasu City wasen't quite that easy, but the popular show "Road Rules" is being filmed this saturday at a cove just outside the Nautical Inn.
The filming will happen on the first official weekend of spring break.
Jarrold Lyman, Vice president of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, said producers looked at several other water-related destinations but settled on Havasu because of its amazing views and cooperation from the city offcials.
Stephanie Ziebar, the show's producer, sid, "We decided on Havasu because of it's beautiful scenery, great people and the amazing cove at the Nautical Inn.
Ziebar noted that the town is known for drawing young people during spring break, another bouns for the film crew. The shoot on Saturday begins around noon and the public IS ENCOURAGED to attend. Because people could appear on camera, they will be requied to sign release forms. Ziebar said.
That is only part of the write up in todays local news paper...
seems funny that not to long ago a few were on here talking about MTV and how it changed Havasu, well here we go again........
So get out here and get to the Nautical Inn. Hell it is supposed to be in the 90's this weekend....
Friday
[Partly Cloudy]
88° F | 53° F
31° C | 12° C
Saturday
[Partly Cloudy]
89° F | 56°
32° C | 13° C
Sunday
[Clear]
90° F | 55° F
32° C | 13° C

AltarGirl
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I was driving home from Hollywood last Monday & saw the Road Rules: Viewer's Revenge RV on the freeway, they really get around.

RiverDave
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Why would the city "cooperate" with them again? Especially after all the problems last time?
RD

Kachina26
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Why would the city "cooperate" with them again? Especially after all the problems last time?
RD
$$$$$$$$
Then they'll bitch about the problems later.

mbrown2
03-08-2007, 10:52 AM
RD
What problems did they have last time that are clearly related to MTV being there? Problems and crowds were larger prior to MTV then after...I have some videos from 1989 and 1990 that clearly show the channel and Thompson bay with just as many idiots....some may say they brought the element...but I don't think MTV brought the tweekers and idiots...So Cal people brought or spread the word and the element came.....MTV did not bring them.

SummitKarl
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
$$$$$$$$
Then they'll bitch about the problems later.
no chit, this would be a real good time to post that picture from last year of all the kids partying in the channel will all the trash around them and not a boat in sight:rolleyes:

DILLIGAF
03-08-2007, 11:09 AM
"Havasu....gotta love it!"
That should be the official city saying :)

BoatPI
03-08-2007, 11:09 AM
After the last time all of the guettoites hitched a ride to Havasu and brought their loser lifestyle along. Some peeps just don't learn.

BajaMike
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
"Road Rules" is being filmed this saturday at a cove just outside the Nautical Inn.
What cove "just outside the Nautical Inn"??:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
...and the amazing cove at the Nautical Inn.
Crap...I'm at the Nautical that weekend. They're probably gonna mess up all my bible studying.
:cool:

NOTALENT
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Crap...I'm at the Nautical that weekend. They're probably gonna mess up all my bible studying.
:cool:
Dude...your bible is PLAYBOY....you will fit right in!:D

dumbandyoung
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
It sure is getting warm quick!..ill be up next weekend!....Cant wait!

HighRoller
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
What problems did they have last time that are clearly related to MTV being there? Problems and crowds were larger prior to MTV then after...I have some videos from 1989 and 1990 that clearly show the channel and Thompson bay with just as many idiots....some may say they brought the element...but I don't think MTV brought the tweekers and idiots...So Cal people brought or spread the word and the element came.....MTV did not bring them.
Actually, the first time MTV was there was in 1986 or so. I remember clearly because I was there when MTV was and I can tell you that Havasu has never been the same after that summer. That was the last year we went as a family because of what my parents saw on TV during spring break the next year. What used to be a docile, laid back fun place to hang out turned into a cesspool when all the MTV losers decided to go "Palm Springs" in the channel.
Word of mouth did the rest and now it is what it is. Sad you can't go there on a weekend with kids anymore because people can't stop themsleves from being stupid. I'm all about the party, but I'm also all about respecting thy fellow boater.
Why should anyone be surprised that Havasu would let MTV come to town again? The leadership of the city has let the place be whored out for almost 30 years now and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon. As long as they get their tax revenue they don't give a crap if the place turns into an armpit. It's not like they have to deal with the crowds or idiotic behavior. I'm just waiting for the announcement that the London Bridge will be remodeled or removed in favor of something more modern that will handle more traffic...

CityGuy
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
The leadership of the city has let the place be whored out for almost 30 years now and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon. As long as they get their tax revenue they don't give a crap if the place turns into an armpit. It's not like they have to deal with the crowds or idiotic behavior.
Nice.
Righteous indignation - gotta love it!
For the record, MTV has not contacted anyone that I can find at the city for any permits or permissions related to spring break or any other production activities. Where the "cooperation from city officials" comment came from is anybody's guess.
I will go on record to state that when MTV was using Lake Havasu City as a backdrop for its spring break programming in the 90's, the city had no problems whatsoever with the MTV staff or the organization. They were very professional, did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it. They even fenced in the areas used for the production and provided security. Unfortunately, it was the bangers, banger wannabes and other human riffraff that were constantly trying to tear down the fence that caused major problems for the production company, the local police and the entire community. MTV's decision to not return to LHC was an amicable one and probably in the best interest of all concerned at the time.
Charlie Cassens

BOBALOO
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
no chit, this would be a real good time to post that picture from last year of all the kids partying in the channel will all the trash around them and not a boat in sight:rolleyes:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/441815021780IMG_1463.jpg

squirt'nmyload
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
thats fukkin nastyhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/icon_puke_r.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/icon_puke_r.gif

SummitKarl
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
img
nice:jawdrop: , thankyou:D

03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
nice boats in the photo and the chick picking her ass

SurfOnH20
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
MTV sucks take your BS somewhere else..

CityGuy
03-08-2007, 01:43 PM
That photo was not taken during spring break. There are no boats in the pic because it was take in one of the areas where the city tried a few 'no mooring' areas along the shore in an attempt to open up the beaches and relieve boat parking congestion. Obviously, this was not the desired result, so the test was abandoned. I believe this pic was taken either Memorial Day or July 4 weekend.
Charlie

NOTALENT
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
This is a conservative picture...the others are wayyyyyyyyyy worse!:mad:

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
That photo was not taken during spring break. There are no boats in the pic because it was take in one of the areas where the city tried a few 'no mooring' areas along the shore in an attempt to open up the beaches and relieve boat parking congestion. Obviously, this was not the desired result, so the test was abandoned. I believe this pic was taken either Memorial Day or July 4 weekend.
Charlie
Then why are the signs still up saying no mooring.....
To allow these people to continue to come

SummitKarl
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I will go on record to state that when MTV was using Lake Havasu City as a backdrop for its spring break programming in the 90's, the city had no problems whatsoever with the MTV staff or the organization. They were very professional, did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it. They even fenced in the areas used for the production and provided security. Unfortunately, it was the bangers, banger wannabes and other human riffraff that were constantly trying to tear down the fence that caused major problems for the production company, the local police and the entire community. MTV's decision to not return to LHC was an amicable one and probably in the best interest of all concerned at the time.
Charlie Cassens
I think you made the point clear....It's not the organization I don't like, it's the element it attracts:yuk:, more often than not it's how things appear, rather than how they went behind the scenes;), and the long lasting results of that element is just BAD!!!!!! for our city. IMO

SummitKarl
03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Then why ar ethe signs still up saying no mooring.....
To allow these people to continue to come
hey I thought you went boating:confused:
sorry for the Lame wave:( , didn't see you till it was too late

03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Charlie
any holiday all the trash shows up inconsiderate, and never picks up
there trash that would be a great photo to put on the front of the
convention center and vistors bureau magazine

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
hey I thought you went boating:confused:
sorry for the Lame wave:( , didn't see you till it was too late
I was going to, but I knew City Guy was gonna post so I put it away and waited for him to appear on here,
I don't know why,he never responds to me.:D

dumbandyoung
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
God damn!..Looks like walking stds.

RitcheyRch
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Thats the type of crowd that ruins it for the rest of us.

shadow
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't forget about this guy!:mad:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/54721780IMG_1467.jpg

shadow
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/54721780IMG_1475.jpg
someone should post a billboard on the way into town with these idiots on it

SummitKarl
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I was going to, but I knew City Guy was gonna post so I put it away and waited for him to appear on here,
I don't know why,he never responds to me.:D
try 453-4149 at least you could leave a message:D

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
try 453-4149 at least you could leave a message:D
Why would I waste just one of my 2000 mintues of cell time on a city that does not care about the people who support it

Hardly Satisfied
03-08-2007, 07:12 PM
MTV sucks take your BS somewhere else..
I 2nd that

dumbandyoung
03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/54721780IMG_1475.jpg
someone should post a billboard on the way into town with these idiots on it
GOD DAMN! Those people should do spring break in Elsinore.
Why would I waste just one of my 2000 mintues of cell time on a city that does not care about the people who support it
true that

mbrown2
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Those pics look no different then Memorial....probably is Memorial Day....the element exists out there every major weekend. Not just Spring Break.
I am sure MTV screwed it up for Palm Springs too (never there).....the element comes to the party eventually and ruins it for everyone...I don't blame MTV for what Havasu has become on major weekends.....its like any party town in the USA...eventually the party gets too big and it is never the same....MTV did not come along till the 90's....long after the Party was getting too big....
Maybe people sleep easier knowing that MTV was the reason on big weekends Copper Canyon being locked down, Sandbar being shutdown, Steamboat being patroled and all of the idiotic channel laws...sleep easy :)

dumbandyoung
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM
"GOD DAMN! Those people should do spring break in Elsinore."
Seems like I've seen more of their kind in the SGV than Elsinore.:mad:
We'll just title this thread Havazoo Trash w/ a few aluminum cans".
Rio
No offense to the city of Elsinore.. I just think I would work with their style of pollution. ..I doubt it would effect the water quality of Lake Elsinore. ;)
I doubt any of those frat boys pick their crap up.. wait actually I know first hand they dont because Ive seen it.
..All the people in the picture are of mixed races so I dont know what you mean when you say "their kind."

Havasu_Dreamin
03-09-2007, 10:36 AM
All the people in the picture are of mixed races so I dont know what you mean when you say "their kind."
To me it means people that are not RA - river aware.....Pack it in and pack it, and more, out.....Just becasue people are on vacation does not give them the right to go to another town and engage in acts that they would not be proud of in their own hometown. The channel is the city park for Havasu and needs to be treated as such.....

blender over
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
No offense to the city of Elsinore.. I just think I would work with their style of pollution. ..I doubt it would effect the water quality of Lake Elsinore. ;) I doubt any of those frat boys pick their crap up.. wait actually I know first hand they dont because Ive seen it.
..All the people in the picture are of mixed races so I dont know what you mean when you say "their kind."
Get bent!!!!:mad:

riverbound
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Elsinore trash!!! :mad: ;)

blender over
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Elsinore trash!!! :mad: ;)
SLOW stoker:D

dumbandyoung
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
To me it means people that are not RA - river aware.....Pack it in and pack it, and more, out.....Just becasue people are on vacation does not give them the right to go to another town and engage in acts that they would not be proud of in their own hometown. The channel is the city park for Havasu and needs to be treated as such.....
I couldnt agree more. I wasnt trying to bash elsinore or sb county.. just the dirty water in elsinore. :D
Its never seizes to amaze me that people will go trash another town. And what even more amazing is that the city doesnt step in. Try pulling this crap in central park of NY or Even Huntington Beach, or in Newport on the 4th of july and see what they do. Havasu needs to solve this issue IMO

dumbandyoung
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
If you like dirty elsinore water then good for you. Your one of the few...IMO its stinks and everytime i go there I think im gonna get an std. Havasu is a clean lake. We dont people coming and trashing the lake.
my .02

blackcloud75
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Looks like any other welfare/medi-cal/unemployment services/Emergency Room/DMV waiting line........:devil:

dumbandyoung
03-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Looks like any other welfare/medi-cal/unemployment services/Emergency Room/DMV waiting line........:devil:
LMAO!!!!!...thats going in my sig!

blackcloud75
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Well...........kids since were heading to the river this weekend.....
Looks like we'll be collecting all the cans and your college will paid for....and dad can't get a new boat !!!!!!!! Cha-CHing$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

dumbandyoung
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Well...........kids since were heading to the river this weekend.....
Looks like we'll be collecting all the cans and your college will paid for....and dad can't get a new boat !!!!!!!! Cha-CHing$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D
Yah youll be able to buy a Skater after picking those up.

blackcloud75
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Phebus.............Overtime is a callin' ya'.........you'll be assigned to "TIN" patrol supporting all the down soldiers........Rick you got the bucket:D