PDA

View Full Version : Obama...what a role model...

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes:
Almost as hypocritical as Al Gore...
Obama Pays Harvard $375 for Outstanding Parking Tickets
Thursday , March 08, 2007
BOSTON —
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.
The Illinois senator shelled out $375 in January — two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign — to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.
The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News.
Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 1988 and 1991, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.
He incurred $140 in fines and $260 in late fees in Cambridge in all, but he paid $25 for two of the tickets in February 1990.
Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, dismissed the tickets as not relevant.
"He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid," Psaki said on Wednesday. "Many people have parking tickets and late fees. All the parking tickets and late fees were paid in full."

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
oh wow... parking tickets... thats some good dirt there...:rolleyes:

OutCole'd
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Classic, don't go digging up any dirt on any other political figures, we wouldn't be able to elect anyone. Ask one of Rudys ex wifes if they have any dirt on him.:rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Have you tried to find a parking spot on a campus lately? Pretty frustrating to spend $500 on a parking permit and not be able to find ANY parking spot (even in the boondocks). As for not paying them, well, I agree that does not say much for his character. But if that's the worst he's done, I can overlook it.

Stingray69
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but has he lied about any blowjobs? That's WAY more serious! :rolleyes:
Ever hear about the book about W that W's people got them to recall, just around the first term election, by the name of 'Fortunate Son'? No? :D

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't know about you but I am an honest person and would never not pay a parking ticket. I even got a parking ticket on a truck the day before I traded it in. I thought about blowing it off but did the right thing. My point is how can you trust a weasel that tried to get out of FIFTEEN parking tickets? I guess the days of presidents being moral and ethical icons are long gone. Now they are all just scam artists and political weasels.

vdriver4ever
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Most of us have already determined if we like someone running or not... I have strong feelings about my party of choice so I can tell you Osama is not someone I would vote for.
With that said this isn't enough information to decide if he would make a good president or not... however, I have too parked where and when I thought I might get a ticket.. and guess what, I paid it right away.
I think this does say he at "one time" thought he was too good to follow the law and pay the price. It almost pisses me off that he would decide to pay them before running for president.
Anyway its good conversation. :)

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Most of us have already determined if we like someone running or not... I have strong feelings about my party of choice so I can tell you Osama is not someone I would vote for.
With that said this isn't enough information to decide if he would make a good president or not... however, I have too parked where and when I thought I might get a ticket.. and guess what, I paid it right away.
I think this does say he at "one time" thought he was too good to follow the law and pay the price. It almost pisses me off that he would decide to pay them before running for president.
If you have a un paid ticket, your technically a fugitive from justice.

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
who cares......:rolleyes:

vdriver4ever
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Me :D

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
who cares......:rolleyes:
That is the problem. Nobody cares. We are so used to all this crap that people are just sick of it.
However, I do care. I would not vote for a cheat/weasel.

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
...It almost pisses me off that he would decide to pay them before running for president.
Agreed.

OutCole'd
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
That is the problem. Nobody cares. We are so used to all this crap that people are just sick of it.
Is there anyone left to vote for then?

syke-o
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
maybe you should run for president outnumbered..... seems like you walk on water:D

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
maybe you should run for president outnumbered..... seems like you walk on water:D
Give me an example of what you mean?

Riverless
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
i can relate. i went to college in providence, rhode island and left with unpaid parking tickets. they got me later, i sent them $10 a month until they were paid off. bottom line, the school did not provide enough parking for the students, boston/cambridge is worse.

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Is there anyone left to vote for then?
Are we voting today? Election is not for almost 2 years. Why all the hype soo soon?
And to answer your question, no. I don't see anyone that looks good at this point.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Geez people, being a little harsh on Outnumbered! He is entitled to be disgusted about the parking ticket dealio. No need to pick on him.
;)

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Geez people, being a little harsh on Outnumbered! He is entitled to be disgusted about the parking ticket dealio. No need to pick on him.
;)
yes there is... he has done it to other ppl...

Boatcop
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
If I had unpaid parking tickets, or a record of not paying tickets, I couldn't get hired as a Police Officer.
But I could be President? :eek:

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Personally I think there are much bigger issues than parking tickets. I wouldn't vote for him in the first place, but not because he didn't pay his parking tickets until now.

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
yes there is... he has done it to other ppl...
Again, I need some examples.
Geeez...now I am picking on people.:rolleyes:
You guys are funny.

Riverless
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
most people that i went to college with in providence and friends i had in colleges in boston, left school with unpaid parking tickets. it is a way of life up there. at least it was back in the '80's. boston is nortorius for there being nowhere to park.

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
If I had unpaid parking tickets, or a record of not paying tickets, I couldn't get hired as a Police Officer.
Thank you...someone sees my logic. Excellent point BC:)

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
;)
Thanks for the support:) But these guys are harmless.

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
he also could not buy a gun, join the miltary or alot of other things til they were taken care of.
if you actaully look into the back ground of all the members of congress and higher gov offices. you would be shocked what you will find.

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the support:) But these guys are harmless.
Or so you think... haha just kidding. Just voicing my opinion. Not picking on you at all.:D

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
he also could not buy a gun, join the miltary or alot of other things til they were taken care of.
if you actaully look into the back ground of all the members of congress and higher gov offices. you would be shocked what you will find.
Uh, not shocked in the least. Biggest bunch of hypocrites known to man.
So...sorry to pick on you man. I didn't mean to make you cry:D Promise I will not be such a meanie any more;)

Outnumbered
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Or so you think... haha just kidding. Just voicing my opinion. Not picking on you at all.:D
I love the discussion and debate. Never taken personally on this end but I do get a little worked up some times:mad: :D

Mandelon
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Campus parking passes are really more like Hunting Licenses. :rolleyes:

Waist Deep
03-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Like Your Vote Matters! Why not use total votes instead of that electoral crap? Whatever they do now sucks.
Whether its black, white or green, nothing changes.

Boatcop
03-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Like Your Vote Matters! Why not use total votes instead of that electoral crap? Whatever they do now sucks.
Whether its black, white or green, nothing changes.
Since Electoral Votes for States are based on the number of Congressional Districts (1 per District) and Senators (2 per State), I have always advocated giving the Electoral Vote for a particular District to the Presidential candidate who wins in that District, and the 2 Senator Electoral Votes to the candidate who wins popular vote in that State. Rather than a winner take all approach.
I believe that would give a better representation of the will of the people of the entire State, rather than having major metropolitan areas decide who is elected President.
But that makes too much sense. And we already know that nothing in politics makes sense.

vdriver4ever
03-08-2007, 06:04 PM
If we didn't use the electoral vote then poor little republicans like me in Idaho might as well stay home from the election. The race would be decided on by the ten biggest states.:(

sangervdrive
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I think its convenient that he paid them right before running. What a dick.

CARLSON-JET
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately the choices we had during the 2004 election were poor and worse.
IMO Obama was only elected because the opposition did not even live in Illinois. What baffles me though is how Sen. Obama has done nothing for this state in the 2 years since he was elected. Somehow he finds time to run all over the world to spread his gospel, then the rest of this country to campaign for a position he will never get. (I hope) I Find it amazing that people I talk to around here ( IL.) have not caught on yet he could give a rats a$$ about what happens in his own back yard.
I'm glad to see some negative thoughts about him, even if it is not due to his current elected position. Good luck if he wins.. He is a tree hugging, open border policy loving, give everything to every undeserving minority, self centered Jacka$$. Figuratively speaking of course.
As far as his parking tickets, He will talk his way out of any wrong doing then twist it into another plot against a minority. The non-news, news media have their heads so far up this guys colon they should have a clear view of the $hit he spews from his piehole. Rant over. R.B.

edog_103
03-09-2007, 09:51 AM
There is some Washington DC Madam, that has a book being published. Rumor has it she is going to release names of people, from Capitol hill that used her service. Now that will be some good reading. Talk about corruption and liars.

centerhill condor
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
this is really just more of the same. He didn't pay the tickets 'cause he didn't care about it....until he declared for Pres. These Congress people really amaze me...all of them.
Only the Congress could act shocked and amazed at the Veteran's hospitals...anybody see the movie "born on the 4th of july"? had a nice little scene or two regarding the subject....40 years ago!
This guy to me is exactly what all of the congress is..do whatever it takes to get elected and get somebody else to pay for it with borrowed money.
All the while we as working law abiding citizens get weaker while the strap hangers get fatter and more numerous.
This will change when the currency is devalued. You won't like it then either.
Happy Friday everybody.:)

Stingray69
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Since Electoral Votes for States are based on the number of Congressional Districts (1 per District) and Senators (2 per State), I have always advocated giving the Electoral Vote for a particular District to the Presidential candidate who wins in that District, and the 2 Senator Electoral Votes to the candidate who wins popular vote in that State. Rather than a winner take all approach.
I believe that would give a better representation of the will of the people of the entire State, rather than having major metropolitan areas decide who is elected President.
But that makes too much sense. And we already know that nothing in politics makes sense.
I've always thought '1 person-1 vote, most votes win' was the way to have a true democracy. American politics is corrupt in design and execution. And there ain't any HONEST people in politics, in any party.

2Driver
05-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, but has he lied about any blowjobs? That's WAY more serious! :rolleyes:
You have to admit when that was going on the stock market was flying, the economy was great, no deficit and we were in peace time. As Lewis Black said, "things seem to go pretty well when the president is getting his weenee whacked :D