PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings time-the solution

OkieDave
03-09-2007, 07:59 AM
I still can't figure out the logic in changing the time twice a year. I know Arizona and Hawaii don't do it. I think we should all change it twice a day instead of two times per year. Every morning at 8, we move the clock back to 7. To make up for it, at 4 p.m. we bump it up to 5. we will all have more daylight every day. I think it will work:D

yopengo
03-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Ill would go with that. Great idea. :D

HocusPocus
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
works for me.. just get to clocks to change automatically.

RitcheyRch
03-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Works for me.

AZJD
03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I still can't figure out the logic in changing the time twice a year. I know Arizona and Hawaii don't do it. I think we should all change it twice a day instead of two times per year. Every morning at 8, we move the clock back to 7. To make up for it, at 4 p.m. we bump it up to 5. we will all have more daylight every day. I think it will work:D
And whats with the change being 2 weeks early this year? I heard this the other day! Is this a true statement, and why?

WYRD
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
And whats with the change being 2 weeks early this year? I heard this the other day! Is this a true statement, and why?
Trying to conserve more energy, I guess although I see why this worked in the old days really has no relevance(sp) today:confused:

ZBODaytona
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Not sure why but yes the time change is March 11th...This sunday isn't it usually saturday too? OH well there will be some late people to work.

SHOTKALLIN
03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
I say we leave it in the spring forward position only.

28Prowler525
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
We actually get 4 weeks extra this year. We spring forward 22 days earlier than last year and fall back 6 days later.
Reason for Daylight Saving Time:
(From - http://familyinternet.about.com/cs/holidayfun/a/bldaylightfacts.htm)
To make better use of daylight.
Conserve energy
Saves lives because people travel home in the light which is safer.
Can prevent crime because people do their errands in the daylight which is safer.
Contrary to popular belief, it was not created for farmers nor does it benefit farmers.