PDA

View Full Version : 4 Baseball games this weekend ..... Sheeeezz!!!

TheCarDudes
03-10-2007, 07:45 AM
I have 2 boys that are both in baseball. The 15 yr old plays freshman baseball at TOHS and the 14 yr old plays for a Pony league team at SVYB. 3 games today that overlap in time all day long and one more game tomorrow. They are both starting players and play most of the game if not all of the game.
I must say that the satisfaction of coaching for the last 8 years was an unbelievable experience that I would never replace nor do I have any regrets doing. This is my first year off of coaching and it is great to be able to watch and enjoy and give the occassional shout from the stands for some bleacher coaching.
Anyone else have all their weekends locked up with sports for the next umpteen years?

lalhc
03-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I have two boys ages 8 & 13. I coach both of them in whatever sports they play. Currently both of them are in basketball. We had one game last night and two more today. We won't start baseball until April, but I am the manager for my youngest and coach for my oldest this year. One year I didn't coach it drove me crazy because I had too much time on my hand second guessing my boys coaches. Good luck sitting in the stands.

Havasu Carrera
03-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Its all I can do to stay in the bleachers durring the game as a spectator!
I did Two baseball games this morning and then a Basket Ball game in the afternoon!! Its time for a nap! Cudo's to the coaches!:) :eek:

Not So Fast
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
With three son's, yes alot of years coaching & managing. Very rewarding and I felt like I presonally made a difference in some of the boys lifes, for the better also. Had probably half of the El Toro Varsity Baseball on my teams at one point or another. Very proud when they won So Coast championship, I think in 96. Tell them to enjoy it because the next step for most is a J.C. or maybe a 4 year college but it became a job more or less for them. I mean thats all they did every day and almost every player WAS a high school star so very competitive. I told them when you stop enjoying it then stop playing and after 1 season they had had it. Good luck, NSF