PDA

View Full Version : I need to get a quick answer if I can poss problem!!!

496mag
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I am not sure I have a problem but when I turn my ignition on I used to get a 1-2 second long beep from the warning indicator now when I turn the boat on I get a quick beep 10-20ms at best. does anyone know what may be causing this and should I be worried about it? I am going out for the first time this season tomorrow morning so if anyone can answer I would appriciate it.
2003 496mag, Bravo 1, Laser Boats 22' Vision
Thanks

Garrddogg
03-11-2007, 06:12 PM
sound like the computer trying to tell you something. Id have it looked at by a mechnick!

TCHB
03-11-2007, 06:26 PM
A good place to start would be to check all of your harness connectors and make sure that they are seated properly.Alarms
1. Oil Pressure low
2. Water Temp high
3. Outdrive low oil level
I am not sure what else will bring in the other sensors like the MAP sensor, injectors, anti knock sensors etc.

Screemy1
03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Unplug the beeper..... then you won't have to worry because the beeper will never sound..... damb alarms just cause stress.... the boat is supposed to end stress..... Just kidding, I would check voltage to make sure your battery is not going out..... it may start now and in the morning... but may not while in the water.... alarms and beeps tend to act funning when voltage and amps are not strong.....

496mag
03-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Well I checked the batts and they are fine I even ran jumpers to my truck and no results.
I do have a bad oil pressure sender unit for the gauge but I am not sure that will be the problem

placecraft28
03-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Outdrive low oil level check the float in the oil res.

DMOORE
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Does the manual have a code for the beeps?
Darrell.

496mag
03-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes the manual does but it says nothing about the tone on powerup other that you can tell if the warning system is functioning if you hear a beep but I went back to an old video I had that has me starting the boat and that tone is deffinatley longer than it is now.
I just came back from under my dash and that little speaker is hooked up to my depth guage so now I am confused about where the cpu would even tell that speaker to sound. is this just the speaker for the depth sounder or does it work as both the warning system for the engine and the depth???

TCHB
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
From what you said it could be low battery voltage. I would switch batterys and eliminate that one alarm one way or another.

TCHB
03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Did you check the float inside the drive oil container?? I have heard of that little float sticking bringing in the alarm. Good luck running out of ideas.