PDA

View Full Version : Skip the pump day

Moneypitt
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Over on the political forum we are trying to organize a "skip the pump day" for April 15th. ............We will need everyones help to get the word out to "everyone " "everyone" knows. No joke, just one day is all it will take to panic the oil companies, maybe get their attention that we're tired of these outragious increases everytime the wind blows, or doesn't blow, or for whatever assine reason...........When it get organized we'll have a few facts to present about the fuel surplus we'll create, and the seriousness of this endeavor, all in a form type, for real email to send to everyone you know, and so on and so on........we CAN do this, we're ***boat..............Ray

EAZYKILLER2006
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
OK well , i stuck it up on MY myspace bulletin...maybe that will help...:)

Kachina26
03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Doesn't work, you have to buy it eventually, and they know it.

Baja Big Dog
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Boy that'll show um!!!:o

moneypit
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Over on the political forum we are trying to organize a "skip the pump day" for April 15th. ............We will need everyones help to get the word out to "everyone " "everyone" knows. No joke, just one day is all it will take to panic the oil companies, maybe get their attention that we're tired of these outragious increases everytime the wind blows, or doesn't blow, or for whatever assine reason...........When it get organized we'll have a few facts to present about the fuel surplus we'll create, and the seriousness of this endeavor, all in a form type, for real email to send to everyone you know, and so on and so on........we CAN do this, we're ***boat..............Ray
Hey MP, dont make our name look bad when you try stuff like this... Its been tried many times. Doesn't work..:)

Moneypitt
03-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey MP, dont make our name look bad when you try stuff like this... Its been tried many times. Doesn't work..:)
Yeah, but this is ***boat, we can do anything. And, sure we have to buy it eventually, but the flow and storage, all the way up the line will get there attention from the retailer to the refiner........Just a day WILL make a huge statement, but it has to be big to work........Nationwide.........We'll work on it..........MP

jrgaudettes
03-13-2007, 06:34 AM
I did read some where the best way to do something like this is to target one gas co. say like Chevron and get your fuel other places and eventually a impact could be made. Not sure though but it sound's more reasonable than skipping one day as you could do this over a period of time. Just my .02:D

uvindex
03-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Over on the political forum we are trying to organize a "skip the pump day" for April 15th.You guys might want to read these Snopes articles before you put any more effort into this. :)
Not buying gas on a given day doesn't do anything (http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp)
Boycotting certain oil companies doesn't do anything (http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp)
Buying only a few gallons at a time doesn't do anything (http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/eggs.asp)

ULTRA26 # 1
03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
No Gas on Tax Day April 15th
It should be clear to everyone who drives a car that
the recent increase in the price of gasoline, unnecessarily excessive.
The excessive increases in the price of gasoline, have not been the result
of higher refining costs or higher costs for crude oil.
There is one thing and only one thing that has driven the price of
gasoline up over 25% in the last few weeks, greed,
If the American people, would simply not buy gasoline on the same day,
APRIL 15, 2007, the unsold gasoline we could flood the market and immediately reduce prices.
Can something so simple work to reduce the price of gasoline?
It’s too simple not to try. Nothing to lose.
Plan April 15, 2007, in a way so that you don’t have to buy gas, that day.
The price of gasoline, will come down immediately.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Honestly:
Are you that crazy??? Not even worth the effort. Good luck with all that!
NBC had a great report last night on their nightly news. Guess what?? High oil prices are due to a lack of refining capacity!!! WOW!!!! Where have we heard that before??
You want to do something? Change your politicians and get more refineries. You will see gas prices drop. However, bet you will see taxes on said gas go up as you are already used to $2.50 per gallon. That's not my opinion, by the way. That's the truth! :mad:

uvindex
03-13-2007, 07:03 AM
No Gas on Tax Day April 15th
If the American people, would simply not buy gasoline on the same day,
APRIL 15, 2007, the unsold gasoline we could flood the market and immediately reduce prices.
The price of gasoline, will come down immediately.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKLike I said above, you might want to read the Snopes articles (or any number of other sources that explain why this doesn't work) before you put any more effort into this or forward this to everyone in your address book. Just sayin... :)

Big Warlock
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17577255/

ULTRA26 # 1
Honestly:
Are you that crazy??? Not even worth the effort. Good luck with all that!
NBC had a great report last night on their nightly news. Guess what?? High oil prices are due to a lack of refining capacity!!! WOW!!!! Where have we heard that before??
You want to do something? Change your politicians and get more refineries. You will see gas prices drop. However, bet you will see taxes on said gas go up as you are already used to $2.50 per gallon. That's not my opinion, by the way. That's the truth! :mad:
Why not try it. Nothing to lose
John M

YeLLowBoaT
03-13-2007, 07:08 AM
the real reason why the gas prices has gone up is greed... Not the greed of the oil companys, but greed of the commodities traders. They are the ppl that set the demand, not us.

Jordy
03-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Dammit, I hate to bring facts into this kind of stuff again, but here is a video that is rather interesting...
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=51B9A360-2B06-44DF-BEC9-EC537BB05C3D&f=00&fg=email
Seems as though there is a shortage of refineries... hmmm.... :notam:

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Why not try it. Nothing to lose
John M
Because unless you are going to stop using gas all together, the demand stays the same. Prices will drop if you stop using gas. Then what? You buy it again? Watch Jordy's video he posted. That is from the liberal media. Even they get it!!! SUPPLY AND DEMAND!! All you're going to do is hurt the gasoline vendor who is not the oil company!! He most likely leases the place. Makes his money on convenience store items.
This is about as stupid as the e-mail asking you to forward it because Bill Gates is doing a test and will pay you!!! :devil:

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 07:46 AM
It didn't work because it didn't work. The snopes articles say people were still buying gas on all of those days......"Like voting, my effort won't help"......And it won't work that way.......To the nay sayers, this has never worked because people are like sheep...........Even with picketts at the stations people would still buy gas, complain about the price, and continue to follow the herd.............One damm day could make a difference regardless of past failures. Key word, could.................MP

uvindex
03-13-2007, 07:56 AM
It didn't work because it didn't work. The snopes articles say people were still buying gas on all of those days......"Like voting, my effort won't help"......And it won't work that way.......To the nay sayers, this has never worked because people are like sheep...........Even with picketts at the stations people would still buy gas, complain about the price, and continue to follow the herd.............One damm day could make a difference regardless of past failures. Key word, could.................MPThe Snopes article says that it failed because of a flawed premise, not because people were still buying gas on a certain day. Shifting the purchase by a day or two has no effect on overall demand.

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
It didn't work because it didn't work. The snopes articles say people were still buying gas on all of those days......"Like voting, my effort won't help"......And it won't work that way.......To the nay sayers, this has never worked because people are like sheep...........Even with picketts at the stations people would still buy gas, complain about the price, and continue to follow the herd.............One damm day could make a difference regardless of past failures. Key word, could.................MP
I honestly cannot believe you are serious!?! Unless you stop using gas forever, no impact. Will the refineries shut down? What exactly do you think will happen on that one day? A bunch of immigrant gas station owners are not going to sell coffee and candy. That's about it. It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to actually believe what you are saying.
Why is it you cannot accept that the answer is to help the oil companies build more refineries? The facts are there is not enough capacity. Then it's simple supply and demand. If prices do not go up, gas supplies will dry up and stations will close because of no product.
And if the profits are so great, why are you not starting your own oil company? I am sure any bank with the prospect of learning of the unbelievable profits you will make will loan you the money!
Sometimes it is actually funny to watch someone crash and burn. But this is ridiculous! What other info can we provide you for your quest?

OCMerrill
03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Because unless you are going to stop using gas all together, the demand stays the same. Prices will drop if you stop using gas. Then what? You buy it again? Watch Jordy's video he posted. That is from the liberal media. Even they get it!!! SUPPLY AND DEMAND!! All you're going to do is hurt the gasoline vendor who is not the oil company!! He most likely leases the place. Makes his money on convenience store items.
This is about as stupid as the e-mail asking you to forward it because Bill Gates is doing a test and will pay you!!! :devil:
That Bill Gates - No Really It Works! Funny shit.
Here is more redundancy...
The only way the April 15th thing could have even a tiny impact would be for it to become "Everyone stay home, take the day off work, and don't even think about putting the key in the ignition...day." Like that will happen.
Don't buy gas one day... and then buy it another. In my head the math just doesn't add.
To make an impact one has to permanently CUT the demand not just move it to another day. Demand is what's driving the pony cart.
One does wonder if the mid east has an OPEC, why not have some sort of secret domestic oil "club"? This is where the thoughts "price fixing" come into play.
Gas/Fuel is just starting to get spendy. What will these threads be next year?

Jordy
03-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Tinfoil hat? :D
Hey now, with the right quanity and quality of tinfoil, which isn't actually tin by the way and it's the reflective qualities of the aluminum that is really the key, they do work. You just have to be dedicated and wear them all the time or W. and his fleet of black helicopters will capture your brain waves, and then where will you be, brain waveless??? :jawdrop: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I honestly cannot believe you are serious!?! Unless you stop using gas forever, no impact. Will the refineries shut down? What exactly do you think will happen on that one day? A bunch of immigrant gas station owners are not going to sell coffee and candy. That's about it. It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to actually believe what you are saying.
Why is it you cannot accept that the answer is to help the oil companies build more refineries? The facts are there is not enough capacity. Then it's simple supply and demand. If prices do not go up, gas supplies will dry up and stations will close because of no product.
And if the profits are so great, why are you not starting your own oil company? I am sure any bank with the prospect of learning of the unbelievable profits you will make will loan you the money!
Sometimes it is actually funny to watch someone crash and burn. But this is ridiculous! What other info can we provide you for your quest?
Warlock,
Based on your opinion that this issue is one of supply and demand, not buying gas on April 15th will affect the supply without doubt. Rather than tell us how stupid we are, why not try it and see. You nor anyone else have nothing to lose. Another way to look at it would be humoring a couple of fellow boaters. Interrupting the flow will have an affect.
John M

Jordy
03-13-2007, 08:18 AM
http://c3p0.sas.upenn.edu/albertm/images/ownd/dumber.jpg
:rolleyes:

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Warlock, how many gallons of gas are sold in the uS on any givin day? Is it fair to say multi millions? The supply chain is a never ending chain, the gas at the pump has to be replaced by the gas from the storage tanks, that has to be replaced by the refinery.......A nice easy flow, from point A, to point B, to point C...........All the supply lines are full, as we know there is no shortage, so picture millions of gallons still at the pump. What happens to the fuel coming into FULL storage tanks? To say it can't work is like saying the oil companies can't get there canidate elected. As snopes points out, it has never worked because people still were buying fuel, plain and simple. Don't you think the spin doctors employed by the oil companies want to make sure it never works by telling all the sheep out there that it won't do anything???? You could equate this to almost any commoditee (sp) out there. Milk, eggs, bread, hell, even bottled water, (which BTW is MORE per gallon than gas!!!). If the masses acted as one, which they never will, they could screw up just about anything they wanted to when it comes to supply and demand. Now multi millions of gallons at $3 per gallon, gee, sounds like alot of money to me. Does snopes know how many gallons are sold, nationwide in a single day?...MP

DaddyMack
03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Good articles there...
I have to say I read it a bit differently though thean either side of this argument. (As usual..lol :) )
but the quote is "Concerns over falling gasoline inventories from decreased refinery production and fewer imports have boosted oil and gasoline prices lately. " I think also the demand in heating oil due to cold have redirected some of the refineries in what type of fuel they are making.
The key word is concerns... not actual. The reserves dipped to 271 million barrels down something like 3.4 million barrels instead of the estimated 1.4.
In otherwords, both sides of this argument are right to some extent. It seems that the refineries aren't keeping up because of fire, etc, running at 85% nationwide. But what they are keeping up with is keeping the "reserve" at a specific level. Prices go up by the traders because of that...
Supply and Demand work at the level of the traders, but remember that true supply and demand is really seen for non-necessity items. If it is a necessity item, supply and demand do work, just in a differnet way. In otherwords, the holders of the necessity can use it to their advantage to make larger profits just as non-necessity makers can, but it hurts us more because we need the item. The break point for non-use is higher and therefore the possibilty that the consumer can be taken advantage of is much higher.
One thing that is nice is that the imports are down, that means we are less dependant on foreign oil. :)

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Warlock,
Based on your opinion that this issue is one of supply and demand, not buying gas on April 15th will affect the supply without doubt. Rather than tell us how stupid we are, why not try it and see. You nor anyone else have nothing to lose. Another way to look at it would be humoring a couple of fellow boaters. Interrupting the flow will have an affect.
John M
I have been trying real hard not to call anyone stupid. I promise. But this is a fairly simple issue that most liberals and conservatives agree on (BUILDING MORE REFINERIES.) Again, watch the video posted earlier in the thread. I'm not going to try it to see if it works. I think it has been well covered in this thread. And I will happily put up my creditials against anyone else's.
BTW Almost all of the hollywood kids pushing this crap have a high school education. Although great at their craft (acting), non have a higher education nor experience that would merit their input into a business and technical discussion.

Baja Big Dog
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I have been trying real hard not to call anyone stupid. I promise. But this is a fairly simple issue that most liberals and conservatives agree on (BUILDING MORE REFINERIES.) Again, watch the video posted earlier in the thread. I'm not going to try it to see if it works. I think it has been well covered in this thread. And I will happily put up my creditials against anyone else's.
BTW Almost all of the hollywood kids pushing this crap have a high school education. Although great at their craft (acting), non have a higher education nor experience that would merit their input into a business and technical discussion.
HEY BIG....WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE!!!!

h2oski2fast
03-13-2007, 08:53 AM
There really isn't much that can be done. Even if you cut back on the amount of gas you consume, the pricing will be the same. The oil companies hold all the cards. The claimed reasoning for high gas prices are not enough refineries. Well, 2 caught on fire. Seems rather suspect. Basically the oil companies are able to shut down refineries, which is less cost to them, then up the prices, which equals higher prices. Hmmmmmm, less overhead with higher pricing = higher profit margin..... Not a bad business model. Cut back on the use of gas and the oil conglomorates will close more refineries keeping prices consist to what they are now.
The only way pricing would go down, is to have one of the big companies get aggresive and try to take a bigger share of the market by drop their profit margin (prices). Thus creating competition in the gas market.

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Warlock, how many gallons of gas are sold in the uS on any givin day? Is it fair to say multi millions? The supply chain is a never ending chain, the gas at the pump has to be replaced by the gas from the storage tanks, that has to be replaced by the refinery.......A nice easy flow, from point A, to point B, to point C...........All the supply lines are full, as we know there is no shortage, so picture millions of gallons still at the pump. What happens to the fuel coming into FULL storage tanks? To say it can't work is like saying the oil companies can't get there canidate elected. As snopes points out, it has never worked because people still were buying fuel, plain and simple. Don't you think the spin doctors employed by the oil companies want to make sure it never works by telling all the sheep out there that it won't do anything???? You could equate this to almost any commoditee (sp) out there. Milk, eggs, bread, hell, even bottled water, (which BTW is MORE per gallon than gas!!!). If the masses acted as one, which they never will, they could screw up just about anything they wanted to when it comes to supply and demand. Now multi millions of gallons at $3 per gallon, gee, sounds like alot of money to me. Does snopes know how many gallons are sold, nationwide in a single day?...MP
The point is that storage tanks are not full. And it would take over 30 days to fill them if we stopped using fuel right now. That's the truth. Supplies are dwidling (sp?) and that's why they are trying to curb demand with price hikes. Honestly the refineries are working on the edge. Our economy will have trouble growing without new sources of fuel supply. One day means nothing. That's the truth. Do you fill your vehicle everyday? Me neither. About once a week now that I put a 45 gallon tank in my truck. :D
And I admit I am part of the problem. (just doing some calculating) My fuel consumption is above average (for a bachelor.) One boat holds 1500 gallons of diesel and has a range of 500 miles. My other is 260 gallons of premium and a range of 150 miles(?). All vehicles in the home fleet hold over 120 gallons of fuel. And my main corp. uses 30,000 gallons of diesel and 3,000 gallons of gas per month. So maybe I need to have my own refinery? Then I could set up a side business and fuel my friends toys as well???? :D

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
HEY BIG....WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE!!!!
BBD I know you love my stories!! hahahahaha :D

Jordy
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Then I could set up a side business and fuel my friends toys as well???? :D
I like that idea!!! Wait, I don't have any big fuel burners right now. Hold off on this idea untiil I scrap the sailboat idea!!! :D :D :D

EmpirE231
03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm not saying it would work.... but it will definitely put a small ding in their schedule and atleast let them know that we are a little pissed off.... and when it all comes down to it... if we dont buy... they are the ones hurting. but this cant be done with just one day!
it needs to be atleast 3 days in a row to a week if possible! people should also work out situations to carpool to work for that week which = less fuel used. people need to try and cut down on extra activities through the days for that week... ride a bike to the gym... walk to the grocery store (everyone has one across the street! .. all of this would help keep what's in your tank there longer!
if everyone banned together and did this... it would work. we all complain about the prices, but most people are too selfish and caught up with the day to day to make any sacrifices. gas definitely is ridiculous, but hey I pay my share at the pump and don't complain to often because that's the way it is...... that is, unless someone organized a real full attempt at the people fighting back!
of course more refineries would do the trick... but how long will that take?? and for those of you who think the oil companies aren't rich... you're smoking crack! I 100% back up that businesses are there to make money, and all for that.... but not price gouging and taking advantage of its consumers!! and if they really wanted to help us and lower the prices for gas... why not just build some refineries in mexico?? ... that's because they dont give a shit!
look at this... oil refineries catch on fire... get shut down etc. = less cost to the oil companies, because they dont need the labor there anymore + the cost of operation... and on top of that... they get to raise the fuel prices!!! that's like a win-win!! it's like you're the only person in town that sells bread... you have 3 locations and you sell 1000 loafs a month for a $1 each... all the sudden you close down 2 of them and still are able to sell the same 1000 loafs, because you are the only one in town... and on top of that.. you can now sell the bread for $1.75. you just made a hell of a lot more money. (this argument isn't the best... but it does make some sense)
and on the other hand... yes adding refineries will help... but will it?? where do you think they're gonna push off the costs of creating the new refineries?? into our gas prices!! there will always be excuses... so either sit there and keep making excuses and lube up. or try and do something about it!
this might be the most effort I put into a pot here on HB... do I get a star? :)

EmpirE231
03-13-2007, 09:23 AM
That's the truth. Supplies are dwidling (sp?) and that's why they are trying to curb demand with price hikes.
I'm not saying that supplies aren't fading aways.. and so on... but do you really think the price hike is going to help curb demand? I'm pretty sure everyone here is buying the same amount of fuel as last month and so on.... just paying more for it. if they wanted to curb and demand and are really conerned, they need either raise prices to over $5 a gallon (that would be such a big difference that people would start commuting / driving alot less) ... or need to limit it's supply provided. those are really the only ways.
and can anyone explain diesel?? anyone?

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Good effort on the post partner! That is the biggest post you have delivered thus far!
The oil companies would thank you so much for cutting consumption for one day or three. Believe me, they could use those days to add to supplies. So you would be helping out more than anything. Maybe that's the trick. Get into the spirit of things and help instead of trying to hurt.
Regarding oil companies and being "rich." Ok, I thought this was a country about making money. Is there a person on HB that would turn part or all of their earned money into society? Actually many of us do through different charities and causes we feel strongly about. Some of you donated to "I sunk the boat" in a failed, but compassionate effort to help someone that apparently scammed you out of money! But why begrudge people for making money? Is Gates an A-Hole for taking the IBM compatible computer operating system and making billions? Is it wrong for the people on here who own businesses to make money? Are we limited on how much money we should be able to make? I am confused. I thought that's what we were all about?
If you study anything, study history. Specifically the Greek and Roman empires. You will then see many similarities on our current society. And you will realize that this country will fail as well. Not in my lifetime, but soon after. It is inevitable. And many of the thoughts, ideas and philosophy held on these boards proves that. Just look at the kids today. Screaming because they can't have this toy or that toy. Retarded!!! Kids today have everything they could ever want. But last week two teenage girls rob a bank so they can have money to buy stuff. And one Mom has the gall to come on TV and say they really are good girls???? What?????
I know, straying away from topic. Sorry. I have to go eat lunch.....or whatever she wants to do......:D

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
and can anyone explain diesel?? anyone?
No that really is a mystery!! :rolleyes:

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
OK, one day won't make a difference, but guess what, we're talking about things that will make a difference. I proposed the Ca offshore drilling be allowed, but tied to a profit cap to the companies that choose to drill there....Again, we're talking and some ideas are better than others, some are more tuned in to what is really happenening and why. Keep the facts coming, maybe we will all get an education. And maybe a joint effort solution. Tell your elected reps you would rather have refineries than $5.00 gas......And screw the tree huggers, drill.................MP

Jordy
03-13-2007, 09:40 AM
.....or whatever she wants to do......:D
Break out the emergency card!!! :D :D :D

Big Warlock
03-13-2007, 12:48 PM
OK, one day won't make a difference, but guess what, we're talking about things that will make a difference. I proposed the Ca offshore drilling be allowed, but tied to a profit cap to the companies that choose to drill there....Again, we're talking and some ideas are better than others, some are more tuned in to what is really happenening and why. Keep the facts coming, maybe we will all get an education. And maybe a joint effort solution. Tell your elected reps you would rather have refineries than $5.00 gas......And screw the tree huggers, drill.................MP
I liked everything but cap on profits. Profit is what motivates most companies right?

Wet Dream
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
How many gullible people are there? Better yet, how many stupid people actually believe this shit? On a 30 day report, it isn't going to show jack. Ok, so the dumb asses fill up on the 14th, and then fill it up again on the 16th. Whoopty-fukin-doo. Wow, you really made a statement. :mad: Come up with a better idea.

HM
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I love when small minds don't know how to do math...it is very entertaining.

Wet Dream
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
I love when small minds don't know how to do math...it is very entertaining.
Don't stop there. You might want to elaborate, if you can. :rolleyes:

HM
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't stop there. You might want to elaborate, if you can. :rolleyes:
No way....no one knows who I am talking about yet. So, I am bordering on offending everyone! :D

Dave C
03-13-2007, 01:38 PM
This whole thing is large symbolic and will not have the desired affect..
Unless people are willing to eliminate their consumption for a regular period of time this will have absolutely no affect. Eliminating consumption means NOT DRIVING!!!!
why would they choke on their inventory if you are going to continue to drive and they are just going to sell it to you tommorrow or the next day?
But whatever, believe whatever you want....

Baja Big Dog
03-13-2007, 01:48 PM
The point is that storage tanks are not full. And it would take over 30 days to fill them if we stopped using fuel right now. That's the truth. Supplies are dwidling (sp?) and that's why they are trying to curb demand with price hikes. Honestly the refineries are working on the edge. Our economy will have trouble growing without new sources of fuel supply. One day means nothing. That's the truth. Do you fill your vehicle everyday? Me neither. About once a week now that I put a 45 gallon tank in my truck. :D
And I admit I am part of the problem. (just doing some calculating) My fuel consumption is above average (for a bachelor.) One boat holds 1500 gallons of diesel and has a range of 500 miles. My other is 260 gallons of premium and a range of 150 miles(?). All vehicles in the home fleet hold over 120 gallons of fuel. And my main corp. uses 30,000 gallons of diesel and 3,000 gallons of gas per month. So maybe I need to have my own refinery? Then I could set up a side business and fuel my friends toys as well???? :D
BIG....,one word....BIO dude!! nStart growin corn....................:jawdrop:

HM
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM
This whole thing is large symbolic and will not have the desired affect..
Unless people are willing to eliminate their consumption for a regular period of time this will have absolutely no affect. Eliminating consumption means NOT DRIVING!!!!
why would they choke on their inventory if you are going to continue to drive and they are just going to sell it to you tommorrow or the next day?
But whatever, believe whatever you want....
I used to be a road warrior. I would put 70-80K miles on my own vehicle, my wife would put close to 50K on her car. We both commuted to Orange County from Corona. I changed jobs and my wife is now a stay at home mom. I am doing more like 15,000 miles a year and she is doing no more than 12,000 miles a year. We cut our driving by about 100,000 miles per year. Divide that by 20 mpg (although both our cars we have now avg around 12 mph - but at the mileage...who cares?). We saved atleast 5000 gallons of gas...multiply that by $3 and we saved $15,000. That was 5 years ago...I dunno...I think I am kicking all the enviromentalist's ass when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is - as I cut my family consumption by 77%. And that is why gas prices don't affect my boating. Not owning a boat has affected my boating more than anything else. :D

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
sure, i won't buy gas on the 15th.....i'll get all i need on the 14th cause i'll be on the lake the 15th:)

ULTRA26 # 1
03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
You clearly are the expert. But what do you have to lose by not buying gas on the 15th.

3 daytona`s
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I`m with you Ray

3 daytona`s
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Don`t make our name look bad= LOL:)

CA Stu
03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Why not "everyone ride a bike to work" day?
Like every Wednesday or something?
Cut weekly commuter gas use substantially, and let supply and demand take its natural course.
Thanks
CA Stu

wsuwrhr
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
...especially as the cost of a barrel of crude has dropped to $55 or so from a high of what it soared to...$80 or some shit?
Face it, a capitalist economy, greed, whatever you call it...people with a grip on the oil industry know it is a finite resource and have little to no incentive to lower the price.
There will always be some "reason" why the price is higher this week or next week. What difference does it make? It is too bad we "aren't" able to build any new refineries to discover what is the new "reason" why the price is so high.
Brian

ULTRA26 # 1
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
It seems the experts on Hot Boat believe that not buying gas on tax day won't work. I don't agree. If the people would stand together on this issue for one day, it would set the stage for standing together for 2 days, 3 days and so on. Simply continuing to do nothing, says it's OK.
I don't buy that the recent price hikes are designed or intended to curb consumption. It appears it's easier for some to just take the position that it won't work rather than simply not buy gas for a day, and if nothing else, send a message from the people. I don't claim to have all of the answers or a guaranty that prices will drop. But I believe that standing together, with regard to this issue, will strengthen the position that we are all fed up with being gouged.
No gas on tax day

Dribble
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not saying it would work.... but it will definitely put a small ding in their schedule and atleast let them know that we are a little pissed off.... :)
When I do get pissed off, I'll buy an electric car for the winter and ride the motorcycle in the nice weather. Until then, not buying gas for one day won't do squat. If you don't believe me then read this...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

Jordy
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
It seems the experts on Hot Boat believe that not buying gas on tax day won't work. I don't agree.
I don't buy gas pretty much at least 6 days a week on all three of my vehicles, sometimes more. I'm really showing them, aren't I??? Hell, during the winter, I only put fuel in my big truck about once a month or so. About every week to week and a half in my company truck and about every 2 weeks in the pinto. Haven't seen diesel or gas budge much. On to the next strategy. :notam:

h2oski2fast
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
look at this... oil refineries catch on fire... get shut down etc. = less cost to the oil companies, because they dont need the labor there anymore + the cost of operation... and on top of that... they get to raise the fuel prices!!! that's like a win-win!! it's like you're the only person in town that sells bread... you have 3 locations and you sell 1000 loafs a month for a $1 each... all the sudden you close down 2 of them and still are able to sell the same 1000 loafs, because you are the only one in town... and on top of that.. you can now sell the bread for $1.75. you just made a hell of a lot more money. (this argument isn't the best... but it does make some sense)
Obviously you don't read any other posts, like #28

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
April 15th is SUNDAY......tax day is the 16th.......A Monday