PDA

View Full Version : DMV anger

Strippoker
03-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Ok so itÂ’s almost 24 hours later and IÂ’m still fired up about my trip to the DMV yesterday. So here is the reason why.
Yesterday I had to go get my plates and check my tags on the boat before the season really gets going. I get to the DMV and of course I have number 488 and they are only on 188 so figure it will be a few games on my phone and I will be up. So I’m sitting playing chess on my phone and just watching the freak show that is the DMV. This is about the time I started to get pissed the young man next to me starts asking people around him if they speak Espanol I kept wondering why when finally the lady in front of him said yes. Well the reason he needed someone was he had no clue how to fill out his drivers license request form. He sat and asked her each question and what did they mean Example “hair color” yes I shizt you not he didn’t understand the question on hair color. This is the people that we are now giving permits to. So I went back to playing games and not 10 minutes later same damn thing went on with a different person this time wanting to know how to fill out a ID form. In the 2.5 hours that I sat there I watched at the least 5 times stuff like this go on. When I finally got to the counter I told the guy what an eye opener I had been having. All he could say to me was “well sir we can’t deny a person the right to drive just because they don’t understand our forms.”
So that was my DMV adventure for the day now back to boobies and boats clear my head.
:mad:

yopengo
03-13-2007, 07:05 AM
I sure hope they can read a stop sign or school zone etc. No waitÂ… maybe we should repaint all our signs in Spanish and EnglishÂ…WTF? :eek:

MR.rvrluvr
03-13-2007, 07:10 AM
I sure hope they can read a stop sign or school zone etc. No waitÂ… maybe we should repaint all our signs in Spanish and EnglishÂ…WTF? :eek:
that time will come sooner than you think:(

Mr. C
03-13-2007, 07:14 AM
imagine when they have to get insurance, oh what a nightmare for them
(if they even get any):devil:
by the way why don't you go to AAA for that kinda stuff? Less hassle and friendlier people.

yopengo
03-13-2007, 07:25 AM
by the way why don't you go to AAA for that kinda stuff? Less hassle and friendlier people.
AAA's DMV is the only way to go. Takes 15-20 minutes max.

Garrddogg
03-13-2007, 07:31 AM
AAA, the fees for just the registration stuff is WELL worth it!! then you get a bunch of tows fer free too!:D
in short EFF the DMV. AAA is the way to go..save lots of time and aggrivation too.:D

AltarGirl
03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
I spent some time at AAA yesterday doing DMV crap. Took about 20 min total & they had said the wait would be 20min. The woman helped me sort all the crap out & took care of it all in about 10min. I might still have to physically go to DMV, but at least I was able to find that out in 20min :)

Mr. C
03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I spent some time at AAA yesterday doing DMV crap. Took about 20 min total & they had said the wait would be 20min. The woman helped me sort all the crap out & took care of it all in about 10min. I might still have to physically go to DMV, but at least I was able to find that out in 20min :)
What couldn't be done at AAA? usually they can take care of everything.

phebus
03-13-2007, 07:38 AM
No habla. Cuud ju pleees trnslaat thred for me. :)

OCMerrill
03-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Ok so itÂ’s almost 24 hours later and IÂ’m still fired up about my trip to the DMV yesterday. So here is the reason why.
Yesterday I had to go get my plates and check my tags on the boat before the season really gets going. I get to the DMV and of course I have number 488 and they are only on 188 so figure it will be a few games on my phone and I will be up. So I’m sitting playing chess on my phone and just watching the freak show that is the DMV. This is about the time I started to get pissed the young man next to me starts asking people around him if they speak Espanol I kept wondering why when finally the lady in front of him said yes. Well the reason he needed someone was he had no clue how to fill out his drivers license request form. He sat and asked her each question and what did they mean Example “hair color” yes I shizt you not he didn’t understand the question on hair color. This is the people that we are now giving permits to. So I went back to playing games and not 10 minutes later same damn thing went on with a different person this time wanting to know how to fill out a ID form. In the 2.5 hours that I sat there I watched at the least 5 times stuff like this go on. When I finally got to the counter I told the guy what an eye opener I had been having. All he could say to me was “well sir we can’t deny a person the right to drive just because they don’t understand our forms.”
So that was my DMV adventure for the day now back to boobies and boats clear my head.
It is just a bit unreal. It's not the language barrier but the pure lack of BRAINS that scares me.

AltarGirl
03-13-2007, 07:40 AM
What couldn't be done at AAA? usually they can take care of everything.
I'm having a NIGHTMARE of a time w/my car that I got out of state in July. I haven't received registration or plates yet & I've been getting run around by everyone & so I had to retrace to find out where the ball got dropped, & it wasn't at AAA so I spent about 1/2 my day trying to clean up after other people. What a f**king mess. :devil:

Mr. C
03-13-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm having a NIGHTMARE of a time w/my car that I got out of state in July. I haven't received registration or plates yet & I've been getting run around by everyone & so I had to retrace to find out where the ball got dropped, & it wasn't at AAA so I spent about 1/2 my day trying to clean up after other people. What a f**king mess. :devil:
Sorry to hear that, hope it all works out soon for you.

AltarGirl
03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry to hear that, hope it all works out soon for you.
Me too!! I have a few more phone calls to make today & then hopefully we'll be all settled

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
All he could say to me was “well sir we can’t deny a person the right to drive just because they don’t understand our forms.”
I must have missed the memo.....since when has the ability to drive become a RIGHT?

h2oski2fast
03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
The right? When did driving become a right? Driving is a privelige, if it were a right then they couldn't revoke your drivers license.

SummitKarl
03-13-2007, 08:08 AM
just a little FYI for all the Hot boaters;)
save the DMV work for your river trips, if you can be here on a Monday or Friday......their is "0" waiting at the Needles DMV:D

Biglue
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Me too!! I have a few more phone calls to make today & then hopefully we'll be all settled
A friend of mine bought a new truck in AZ and went through the same issues you're facing. He wound up having to pay some fees at some other agency besides the DMV (Forget the name of the other agency) before DMV could issue him his plates and registration. Sounded like it was a big pain in the ass. Good luck Courtney.

lalhc
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
just a little FYI for all the Hot boaters
save the DMV work for your river trips, if you can be here on a Monday or Friday......their is "0" waiting at the Needles DMV
I was just going to mention the same thing. I am going to take care of my DMV stuff this Friday in Needles on my way out to Havasu.

Saab
03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Yea the AAA is the way to go. I bought my boat on friday night and sat. morning was at the AAA in arcadia. They scanned my card in and before I even sat down they called my name, Got the boat and trailer registered in 10 minutes and was outa there. The AAA office in arcadia is open sat. from 10-2. and they can register anything on the road and boats, no dirtbikes/sandrails, things of that sort. I have to say I pay more for AAA than some other companies quoted me, but if I dont have to see the inside of a DMV for the rest of my life it will be too soon. Also if you have plat. RV membership like me they will tow you 200 miles, no charge, and if you are towing or have a 5th wheel they will send out two trucks and tow your whole rig. I could almost get a tow to the river from my house.

Jetaholic
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
All he could say to me was “well sir we can’t deny a person the right to drive just because they don’t understand our forms.”
The RIGHT to drive!!!???
I thought driving was a PRIVELEDGE!!!

RiverDave
03-13-2007, 11:54 AM
What kind of boat do you have Strippoker?
RD

Sun burners
03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
just a little FYI for all the Hot boaters;)
save the DMV work for your river trips, if you can be here on a Monday or Friday......their is "0" waiting at the Needles DMV:D
NOT TRUE...
One time two people were in front of me!

lalhc
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Every time I have visited the Needles DMV those ladies behind the counter were begging for customers.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
the only reason I have gone to the DMV in the past several years is to get my license renewed (had to re-test) and get a new photo taken. Other than that, AAA for everything!!!

Kilrtoy
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
What amazes me more than your story is that
YOU SAT THERE FOR 2.5 HOURS
WOW, and to think I spent 15 minutes in there the other day ...

YeLLowBoaT
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Do what I do with DMV... get there 15 min before they close... state law says if your in the building they have to help you( test and inspections this does not work for) anyways... if your still there after 5, they just start rubber stamping things. Oh you need this filled out, don't have it, thats fine you do now. :D

wolfie
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
That's another thing I don't miss about California. When I go to the Utah's version it takes about 15 minutes at the most. When I first moved here in '01 I registered two trucks (1 an '01 HD2500 & the other a '99 Silverado) and a 27' travel trailer. It came to about $500 and she apologized because it was so much.

Dave C
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
LOL press 2 to get drivers license.... whats next press 2 to get your free healthcare and welfare....

RitcheyRch
03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Ditto that. :D
the only reason I have gone to the DMV in the past several years is to get my license renewed (had to re-test) and get a new photo taken. Other than that, AAA for everything!!!

Ziggy
03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I would have answered him with "I hope you have the same disposition after he kills someone for not understanding Stop means ALTO"
:mad: :mad:
Being in the car biz, we have experienced an enormous increase in costs because all the forms have to be printed in both languages. Blows my mind that we cater to everyone but Americans.

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I take it these people were documented, legal types, but non citizens, right? I was un aware that they could get licenses until they became actual citizens??? How exactly does that work, anyone know????......MP

HTRDLNCN
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
same crap in Florida.
They can take their test in spanish..
How the hell can they drive on our roads if they cant read english?
My parents moved to NY from Cuba in the early 50s.
If either of them had asked for any legal test in spanish
back then they would have been laughed out of the place.
Not a problem for them since they both went to school to learn English
BEFORE they moved to the USA. Guess thats not the way any more..
Long live progress..

Trailer Park Casanova
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
We had custom CF letters put on our boat, and got a DMV notice they changed them. Soo, have to have the letters removed and re-done.

sam pioske
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Wrong wording ! the correct termanogly is i am traveling the constituiton gives you that right, No if or buts try it, no DMV no plates "they give you a special one" no Drivers permit ! Pisses all laws people off but true. If you get in frount of the JUDGE and state "that" they will dismiss and away you go. You can also spell your name first letter capitol and the rest small-----look at you stuff and try to find that !

work2play
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Boy do I feel bad. It took me almost two full minutes to re register my boat and trailer on line. I got my new stickers about 8 days later in the mail. Thank you Utah.