PDA

View Full Version : MEN & WOMEN - What's your thought on dating someone with children?

Miss Jackie
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I know when I was alot younger I thought I'd probably never date anyone with kids because I didn't want the drama but of course I changed my whole thought process on the idea after I had met someone very special to me.:)
Now that I'm older and have a little one of my own, well it kind of hurts me for second to hear someone else be so negative about having children and being single...
How do you feel about dating another that has a child or children? :idea:
Just curious... I'm open to what you all have to say. :)

76ANTHONY
03-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I know when I was alot younger I thought I'd probably never date anyone with kids because I didn't want the drama but of course I changed my whole thought process on the idea after I had met someone very special to me.:)
Now that I'm older and have a little one of my own, well it kind of hurts me for second to hear someone else be so negative about having children and being single...
ummmmm send the kid to a babysitter and i'll come check out your wears:D :D

MR HARLEY
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Jackie! :)
It was great meeting you and your baby girl at the show, she is such a little angel! :clover:
Dating single moms= No Comment ;)

riverbound
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
I think dating someone with children is cool due to the fact that I have 2 of my own. The problems will arise when you have different ways of raising them.

Miss Jackie
03-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Jackie! :)
It was great meeting you and your baby girl at the show, she is such a little angel! :clover:
Dating single moms= No Comment ;)
It was a pleasure meeting you as well. And thank you, she tends to keep herself pretty occupied.

76ANTHONY
03-14-2007, 12:59 PM
dam jackie, you aint much bigger than a kid, whats the dealeo, ya miss me???:D :D

Havasu1986
03-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't know, never have but willing to find out.:D

DaddyMack
03-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I have dated several and current g/f has a daughter... BUT I have three.... never really had a problem, just work around the schedules....
If I like the lady enough... not a factor. :D
.... except for the one time that the kid couldn't handle it so then the mom went sideways too... He just got jealous of her dating so she went right back to him instead of working it out. She will have the same problem later down the road.:shift:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
The problems will arise when you have different ways of raising them.
Amen.....

yopengo
03-14-2007, 01:09 PM
When you get to be older, it's pretty tough finding anyone without kids. It doesn't bother me
I agree...past 30 most women will have children. I would not have an issue with it. :D

ratso
03-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Depends on the situation, if the children are well behaved, how old they are etc and so on. My stepson from my last marriage was a little terror, but I loved that boy with all my heart... we did everything together, and talk about a little comedian. When I met her, he wasn't even walking yet, and my initial thought was to run... but those years I spent with him were outstanding.
I dated another lady awhile back... one of the worst kids I ever met in my life, and I hate to say it, but as much as I tried, I just never could stand to be around him. We dated for about a year... spent alternating weekends and Wednesday nights when he was with his dad. If I ever had to be around him, I'd hit the bar as soon as possible to slam a couple of drinks because my nerves were so shot. It's too bad because she was an outstanding, beautiful person, but her kid is what finally made me decide that I couldn't do it anymore... I guess he won.
As I said, all situations are different. I adore kids. I have a bunch of neices and nephews, and practically raised two of my nephews. Ex #4 who I was with the longest had a son about 4 years older than mine. We were involved in motocross etc, gave them a pretty exciting childhood, and although in recent years he has been in a lot of trouble, he will still stop by from time to time or call on the phone to see how I'm doing. When we split, his stability he once had went out the window... He has always told me that I'm more of a dad to him than his real one ever was... The kids I have been involved with over the years, even after the divorces or seperations, I still won't hesitate to make a positive impact on their lives if I can...

hoolign
03-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I would never date a chick who had kids..ever :mad:
My wife would not allow it :D

Redding Rat
03-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I see no real issues unless you all can not get along.

ratso
03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree...past 30 most women will have children. I would not have an issue with it. :D
...or near 40 with a hot 18 year old daughter... then you can use the mom to get to the daughter!:D

h2oski2fast
Not for me.

seanv
did we just do this thread a month or so ago:idea:
oh, girl with kids = sorry cant go there again...;)

UnionJack
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
I think when your older you almost plan on dating someone with kids... in your 20's you don't think about it (I had a firm no kid), but in you 30's and up most people have kids so you have to be ready for it

dumbandyoung
03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
I would be down for that. As long as she was a hot MILF and she had kids my age. So after i stuck in her but and she goes to sleep, I can go party have fun with her daughters. or her son could be my drinking buddy.
her being rich and very giving would only make things better too....can we say early retirement?? ;)

Singleton
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
I think when your older you almost plan on dating someone with kids... in your 20's you don't think about it (I had a firm no kid), but in you 30's and up most people have kids so you have to be ready for it
I would agree. When I was in my 20's I would not attempt to date someone with kids, way too much drama. Once you get older, why not as long as the kids are well behaved. In fact, current gf has 2 boys and it is working out great.
Only issue is ex and his involvement with the kids. Have to watch out for those, had to file a restraining order and file lawsuit to get current gf ex to calm down. Now after the restraining order and lawsuit (I won) he is behaving well. That is really the only issue.

MR HARLEY
03-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I would be down for that. As long as she was a hot MILF and she had kids my age. So after i stuck in her but and she goes to sleep, I can go party have fun with her daughters. or her son could be my drinking buddy.
her being rich and very giving would only make things better too....can we say early retirement?? ;)
Can you say Wet Dream? :idea:

riverbound
03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I would agree. When I was in my 20's I would not attempt to date someone with kids, way too much drama. Once you get older, why not as long as the kids are well behaved. In fact, current gf has 2 boys and it is working out great.
Only issue is ex and his involvement with the kids. Have to watch out for those, had to file a restraining order and file lawsuit to get current gf ex to calm down. Now after the restraining order and lawsuit (I won) he is behaving well. That is really the only issue.
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but you filed a suit against the ex so he was less involved in his kids lives??:confused: :eek:

topless
03-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I would never date a chick who had kids..ever :mad:
My wife would not allow it :DROTFLMAO!!!!!:D :D

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 01:41 PM
For me, it would depend on the mother, kid, and the relationship with the father. There are a lot of factors involved. No matter what, there is going to be some sort of drama/B.S. that goes along with dating a girl (or guy - for DJunkie) with kids. You will get put in different situations. You would be, in a way, a 3rd parental figure. I know that it would be hard for me to sit back and watch a kid be raised a certain way that I felt was wrong. However, you are not the "biological" parent so that puts you a step behind, at least initially. I have only found one girl that I could date that had a kid. The problem is that I could not stand baby's daddy and that killed it. :( \
If the situations were right, I don't believe that I would have a problem dating a girl with kids. I love kids so as long as it works out, I am game.

riverbound
03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
there is going to be some sort of drama/B.S. that goes along with dating a girl (or guy - for DJunkie) .
LMFAO!!!

hoolign
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but you filed a suit against the ex so he was less involved in his kids lives??:confused: :eek:
I may be reading this wrong too, but it appears that HE had a restraining order put against his last HE
So now you have a girlfriend??
But had a boyfriend??
Don't even think of peddaling your butt spam around here! This is not bench racers!:mad:

Firecracker
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I have been there and dated someone with a kid. I would do it again. However, there are frustrating times, like when the kid acts like a total jerk, and misbehaves becuase they had no proper discipline to start. Otherwise it is fun. Especially when you get to teach them new things that they may not have learned if you didn't come along. It is a great experience, and something I would definatley do again. :D

djunkie
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
For me, it would depend on the mother, kid, and the relationship with the father. There are a lot of factors involved. No matter what, there is going to be some sort of drama/B.S. that goes along with dating a girl (or guy - for DJunkie) with kids. You will get put in different situations. You would be, in a way, a 3rd parental figure. I know that it would be hard for me to sit back and watch a kid be raised a certain way that I felt was wrong. However, you are not the "biological" parent so that puts you a step behind, at least initially. I have only found one girl that I could date that had a kid. The problem is that I could not stand baby's daddy and that killed it. :( \
If the situations were right, I don't believe that I would have a problem dating a girl with kids. I love kids so as long as it works out, I am game.
LMFAO!!!
When either of you find a chick to date that isn't on Hotbaot then you can talk!!!!!:devil: :D :D

Singleton
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
No. Filed a suit against him for trashing my truck and my name (over 2K worth of damage to old truck) had him on video taking bat to truck and I lost consulting jobs that I bid on around 20K of income (had companies go on record that he called and threaten employees)
Told him, he was the father and he needs to be involved, but the more trouble he causes the sooner the courts will take his rights away. After I won the lawsuit we had a nice one on one. Told him he needs to be involved, but the more trouble he causes for me the more I will use the court system to take action. When I told him "I never want to explain to the kids why dad can not see them or why dad was arrested" for hitting moms new boyfriend, he got it. The kids are number 1 and his issues with me seeing is ex wife (my soon to be wife) were only going to take that away.

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 01:51 PM
When either of you find a chick to date that isn't on Hotbaot then you can talk!!!!!:devil: :D :D
Date??? That term needs to be used very loosely. ;)

photo chick
03-14-2007, 01:52 PM
For some reason I've never gotten the itch to have babies, now I'm too old, IMO. I was fortunate to me someone with grown children. My oldest step-daughter is only 9 years younger than me now....it worked out great, we're buddies.
I couldn't imagine dating a guy with young kids... Unless they lived with mom. I love children I just wouldn't want them around all the time.

Gman
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Miss Jackie;2443247]MEN & WOMEN - What's your thought on dating someone with children?
QUOTE]
I am totally against dating a woman and a child!!!!
Now a woman and a midget........That's a whole different story.:D
I am all for a three way, but they all need to be over 18! No children, It's against the law man!:D :jawdrop: :sqeyes:

Singleton
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I may be reading this wrong too, but it appears that HE had a restraining order put against his last HE
So now you have a girlfriend??
Last time I checked I did. Words "current gf" in above statement must of missed your eyes
[I]But had a boyfriend??
Did you forget to read the words "current gf ex"
I guess you missed that day is school when they taught you to read all the words in a statement.

djunkie
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Date??? That term needs to be used very loosely. ;)
Kinda like the chicks??? :jawdrop: J/K :D :D

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL!!! :p :p :p

djunkie
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
LOL!!! :p :p :p
I should be getting hell for that veryyyyyyy soon. :rolleyes: :D :D

Jordy
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
My oldest step-daughter is only 9 years older than me now....it worked out great, we're buddies.
Your step daughter is older than you??? Wow, guess that's how they do it in Texas huh??? :jawdrop: :eek: ;) :D
As far as the original question, I'm just going to go ahead and keep my mouth shut. :D

djunkie
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
As far as the original question, I'm just going to go ahead and keep my mouth shut. :D
Well thats a first. LOL!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

topless
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow I'm shocked!!!:eek: :jawdrop:

photo chick
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Your step daughter is older than you??? Wow, guess that's how they do it in Texas huh??? :jawdrop: :eek: ;) :D
Ooops typo...she's 9 years younger:D

photo chick
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Cole Trickle
03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Not that this applies to me...
Date = yes (until it was no longer a good time)
Marry = No (that kid is gonna resent you and pull out the your not my dad/mom things sooner or later and it will put a huge strain on a marriage:) )
One of my best friends married a lady with a 6 y/o and now that he is 14 the kid is a total pain in the ass just like his POS dad.:mad: :(

Jordy
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Well thats a first. LOL!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
SHUT IT!!! :mad:
Wow I'm shocked!!!:eek: :jawdrop:
And I don't need any lip from you either!!!! :devil:
Ooops typo...she's 9 years younger:D
Bummer on the typo. Figured you probably found some rich oil barron and pulled an Anna Nicole. ;)

photo chick
03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
SHUT IT!!! :mad:
And I don't need any lip from you either!!!! :devil:
Bummer on the typo. Figured you probably found some rich oil barron and pulled an Anna Nicole. ;)
Older but not that old......no oil either:)

Trailer Park Casanova
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I started dating a girl with a 5 year old and a 11 year old.
We married last April.
Statistics are less than a 4% chance she'd ever meet a guy that pulled a paycheck that would marry her.
You might be missing out on meeting a real super person if you limit yourself to a person with no kids.
Being just a dickman was nice, when the girl starting acting up I just stopped calling.
But marriage to a girl with kids can work.
This will go the distance.

Nord
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
My ex-girlfriend of 4 years had a daughter. She kind of hid her from everything. After 4 years, I thought her situation with custody and whatnot would change where she had her daughter more often, but she had a day job, and worked at night, and something about the courts.....blah blah blah....
Long story short, it really didn't seam like she was responsable enough to make the custody thing happen. I would have never known what I was getting into. Other things transpired and ended up in our demise.
My advice would be to be involved with the kids from day one, and see what your in for. You will realize if you are or are not waisting not only your time, but hers as well.
~nORD

Miss Jackie
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Jordy - be NICE!:devil:

HavaSecret
03-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Tom Lykes 101 says don't do it. You could get sucked into something that could cause the drama meter to go off the scale.
Plenty of women out there that use birth control to curtail births and who are now 35+ and still look 20 something. The estrogen from the pill keeps them young... well into their 40's. The pill also delays menopause and the associated weight gain.

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Tom Lykes 101 says don't do it. You could get sucked into something that could cause the drama meter to off the scale.
Plenty of women out there that use birth control to curtail births and who are now 35+ and still look 20 something. The estrogen from the pill keeps them young... well into their 40's. The pill also delays menopause and the associated weight gain.
Anti-birthing vitamins are a beautiful thing! ;)

riverbound
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
No. Filed a suit against him for trashing my truck and my name (over 2K worth of damage to old truck) had him on video taking bat to truck and I lost consulting jobs that I bid on around 20K of income (had companies go on record that he called and threaten employees)
Told him, he was the father and he needs to be involved, but the more trouble he causes the sooner the courts will take his rights away. After I won the lawsuit we had a nice one on one. Told him he needs to be involved, but the more trouble he causes for me the more I will use the court system to take action. When I told him "I never want to explain to the kids why dad can not see them or why dad was arrested" for hitting moms new boyfriend, he got it. The kids are number 1 and his issues with me seeing is ex wife (my soon to be wife) were only going to take that away.
Gotcha. in that case I completely agree.

riverbound
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Well if thats the case then what you wanna talk about? ;)

Racey
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Kids are a pain in the ass, and I'm just about one myself.:D

ColeTR2
03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't have any kids. I have dated woman with kids every-time it over I say that I will never do it a again. It amazing how I stop think every time a hot mom comes along.
Statistics are less than a 4% chance she'd ever meet a guy that pulled a paycheck that would marry her.
4% Interesting stats! I wouldn't what to be a single mom.
One of my best friends married a lady with a 6 y/o and now that he is 14 the kid is a total pain in the ass just like his POS dad.:mad: :(
That's your worst nightmare...
Kids are a pain in the ass, and I'm just about one myself.:D
The old saying kids should not have kids that's why I don't have any!!

Jordy
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Jordy - be NICE!:devil:
That's why I'm keeping my mouth shut!!!! The girls I date aren't dating anyone with a kid, why should I??? ;)
Now if you're talking about a meaningful one night relationship, girls with kids are just proof that they put out!!! :D :D :D
Jordy <----totally making a big generalization. Put the pitchforks and ropes away!!!! :D

Mandelon
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
How else can you get a threeway with a hot mom and her daughter?.... :)

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought YVONNE already told you what to do,
Find some not so good looking over weight middle aged 40 year old with FAT POCKETS, he will love that young piece of AZZ and inturn take care of you financially and your kid. All you have to do is be his little trophy.
Seriously this is not hard..
WHY watse your time on young broke fools
its a fair trade

Decided Advantage
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
The fact is, it is tough. My wife and I were both single parents, when we got together. Through the teen years and the problems it was tough to hold together. We've both had our turn in the "mean step parent" barrel.
It has nothing to do with being selfish or not accepting kids, it just plain tough. Most people have either experienced the pain first hand or heard about it from close friends.
We have 100s of hours of with consellers and even more fighting about what was said, after.
Dating and keeping it simple til they are out of HS is proably best. I'm sure glad we are mostly through it now.
But maybe your better, smarter, and luckier than we were.
Careful and I wish you luck!

Havasu1986
03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought YVONNE already told you what to do,
Find some not so good looking over weight middle aged 40 year old with FAT POCKETS, he will love that young piece of AZZ and inturn take care of you financially and your kid. All you have to do is be his little trophy.
Seriously this is not hard..
WHY watse your time on young broke fools
its a fair trade
Are you talking about me Miguel.:D I kinda fit that decription.:)

Mrs.Killer
03-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Are you talking about me Miguel.:D I kinda fit that decription.:)
Have you met Jackie????:D

Havasu1986
03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Have you met Jackie????:D
Only in her Avatar:D And I did meet you 1 time in the channel. I was by myself with my 2 australian sheperd dogs on my boat in my avatar.

plaster dave
03-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I have no problem with it but I am alittle differnet then most.:D

Mrs.Killer
03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Only in her Avatar:D And I did meet you 1 time in the channel. I was by myself with my 2 australian sheperd dogs on my boat in my avatar.
I remember you and the dogs....

HOOTER SLED-
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey mother, want another?:devil: :devil: :devil: Wassup girl???? You need to get laid or what?LOL;) ;) Hope all is well. :)

Havasu1986
03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I remember you and the dogs....
Everybody remembers my dogs and usually their names if they have been around them alot up at Moabi.:) Not so much for me.:(

DK18
03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Jackie... Just wait.... you'll find someone who wants the same things as you do. I should know.. Im dating a girl who has a house at the river near mine. Shes 25,HOT! great marketing job, and loves kids. Its been a year and it just keeps getting better!
Oh.. did I tell you Im 35 and I have four kids...... 2 boys and twin girls all from the same mom! If I can find someone .......you'll be fine!