PDA

View Full Version : Trident Revolution Update

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone see it yet? What do you think?
Good direction in my opinion. Brings new technology closer to the masses.
I think this summer will be THE summer.
Brian

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Brian
The summer you get one?:D

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
The summer you get one?:D
Not with a house purchase edging closer.
But certainly in my future.
I think a closer goal of mine is getting Wes to infuse a 18-19 footer, flat or jet. The weight savings of the infusion process is HUGE.
Brian

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't know if I will get in trouble for this, but here it is.
Trident Update (http://www.tridentboats.com/news/32/1/)

jrgaudettes
03-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Kinda looks like one in the channel now.:D :D
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/jrgaudettes/pic-1.jpg

Keith E. Sayre
03-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Nice boats. Now that he's gone with the sterndrive, I think
he'll do well. Lots of thought has gone into the boat which
will ultimately cause other manfs to keep on their toes with
new innovations and options. Competition is always good
for business, it makes us all get better and the end result
is the customers all win!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Mandelon
03-15-2007, 01:12 PM
The Trident Wave. It'll be the hot new dance at Kokomos. Woot woot.
Its like the Oak tree from the Purple Rain movie, but your arms go the other way...:D
Nice. Best of Luck.
Man---> appreciater, not a hater<-----delon

HM
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I am so fukking tired of this self serving spam.....wait, I just had an invention idea!!! Self Serving Spam!!! Now I will be able to afford an Ibiza!!! :D

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Damn, I didn't know they were coming out with a deck for under 100k, those should sell pretty good.

Cole Trickle
03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Is that Phebus out on the water again!!?!?!?:mad: :eek: :D
rick really needs a job;):D

Mandelon
03-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Is that Phebus out on the water again!!?!?!?:mad: :eek: :D
rick really needs a job;):D
Boy he's really porked up...... :eek: :D

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
As I understand, the deal is they went with the same platform without the boat being mandatory completely loaded.
I am not close to a purchase yet, but I would like to see the high dollar audio taken off the base model as well. I have long suggested that ALOT of people, me included, do not need or want the megawatt stereos or the costs that go along with it.
Brian
Damn, I didn't know they were coming out with a deck for under 100k, those should sell pretty good.

Jbb
03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Did I read it right...available with a Mercruiser 496 package......?...:D
I hope he sells more than he can build......he deserves it......good luck lurker Wes!

OutCole'd
03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree, now it's much easier for a first or second time boat buyer to get into a Trident, then upgrade to the Blingin model later if they choose.

Havasu1986
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Paging SHADOW...Darrel you off work yet.:D

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Those views were well documented.
Problem is CUSTUMERS want a Mercruiser engine(s). You give the custumer what they want, if you want to sell them boats.
Brian
Did I read it right...available with a Mercruiser 496 package......?...:D
I hope he sells more than he can build......he deserves it......good luck lurker Wes!

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Come on man, end the drama thread deal.

Havasu1986
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Come on man, end the drama thread deal.
Your right...Sorry.:) Darrel go to the gym tonite.

BigDoug
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
That news letter is very informative !! i really enjoyed what Wes had to say and the direction he is now taking, it is more affordable now and he will reap the benefits.....................good job Wes !! :D

Seadog
03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
My regret is that the ramp is not offered with the base model. The stereo, I could do without. I could even deal with a 350 instead of the 496. I hope that Wes gets to the point where he can offer different packages.

phebus
03-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I go to the Channel Island Market to get Linda and I a pastrami sandwich, and I come back, and I see this big guy standing next to my boat talking to my wife. Now, I look at the girth on this guy, and I'm afraid if I get near my boat, this guy is as sure to jump on my sandwich, as Rosie is to pounce on a twinkie. Very scary moment. :)
Now, for the subject at hand, I think the move by Wes to bring the Trident to the masses is brilliant. After spending quite a bit of time on the boat, I am sold on the build quality, and design. I just wish I would have been born rich, instead of so good looking, and I would have bought one. :D :) :D

Beer-30
03-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Duh! He's a mechanic at FORD. He'll be at work for a LLLOOONNNGGG time.:D

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
The way I read it, the ramp IS available as an option on the base model and any other option available right up to the "full tilt boogie" Ibiza model.
My regret is that the ramp is not offered with the base model. The stereo, I could do without. I could even deal with a 350 instead of the 496. I hope that Wes gets to the point where he can offer different packages.

Waldo
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Merc power offered standard...interesting.
Best of luck to Trident and all involved!

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
covered that base
Those views were well documented.
Problem is CUSTUMERS want a Mercruiser engine(s). You give the custumer what they want, if you want to sell them boats.
Brian
Merc power offered standard...interesting.
Best of luck to Trident and all involved!

jrgaudettes
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I go to the Channel Island Market to get Linda and I a pastrami sandwich, and I come back, and I see this big guy standing next to my boat talking to my wife. Now, I look at the girth on this guy, and I'm afraid if I get near my boat, this guy is as sure to jump on my sandwich, as Rosie is to pounce on a twinkie. Very scary moment. :)
Now, for the subject at hand, I think the move by Wes to bring the Trident to the masses is brilliant. After spending quite a bit of time on the boat, I am sold on the build quality, and design. I just wish I would have been born rich, instead of so good looking, and I would have bought one. :D :) :D
That Web cam is cool. Didnt mean to spy but I thought it was cool to see a boat I know. Also I was keeping a eye on the wifes purse for you. LOL

phebus
03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
That Web cam is cool. Didnt mean to spy but I thought it was cool to see a boat I know. Also I was keeping a eye on the wifes purse for you. LOL
Thanks, she keeps my nuts in there, so it's nice to know someone cares. :)
Now, bump for the Trident.

jrgaudettes
03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks, she keeps my nuts in there, so it's nice to know someone cares. :)
Now, bump for the Trident.
LOL.....

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 05:29 PM
So there is no ramp at all, or the ramp is not electric?

Music to my Ears
03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
After spending quite a bit of time on the boat, I am sold on the build quality, and design. I just wish I would have been born rich, instead of so good looking, and I would have bought one. :D :) :D
Damn, you kill me.:D

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I am guessing the ramp will be fixed, or maybe not at all on the standard version, or pay extra for the movable ramp. It is just too cool not to have.
Brian
So there is no ramp at all, or the ramp is not electric?

GHT
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Duh! He's a mechanic at FORD. He'll be at work for a LLLOOONNNGGG time.:D
Now that's some funny F'ing Sh1t right there....:D Turning wrenches all day will give you Tennis / Wrench elbow....:D

INFINITEJJ
03-15-2007, 06:51 PM
It's brutal to pour all your heart and soul and money into a project to realize that the time has past for the market. I love jet boats, but I never did understand trying to put the twins behind a boat of this size. It takes way to many cubic inches of motor to make it work and perform, and to make it turn key every time is MOST likely a problem.
I thought with the outdrive and big cubes the boat would be a real winner, but once again I think it was just a little to late for the market.
Now you can still get a killer boat for $100 K, but maybe it's just me but once again too late. I hope the best for Wes and have been lurking and snooping on the REVOLUTION since the leak to the Hot Boat forums. I think it takes real balls and a vision to do what he did and nobody can knock him for that.
Best of luck to you Wes, wish I could afford one!
JON

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I am guessing the ramp will be fixed, or maybe not at all on the standard version, or pay extra for the movable ramp. It is just too cool not to have.
Brian
I agree, I would spring for the ramp.

phebus
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree, I would spring for the ramp.
Me three. I think the ramp is an integral design feature for wind deflection, and passenger safety. Plus, if you've seen it work, it's just plain sick.

KACHINA KEN
03-15-2007, 11:24 PM
This is really welcome news, I hope it gives his sales the boost they deserve.

RealityBoatCo
03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I think it was definately a smart move on his part.

dirty old man
03-16-2007, 07:20 AM
How long can a boat manufacturer stay in business before they need to start selling boats?

Daytona100
03-16-2007, 07:40 AM
How long can a boat manufacturer stay in business before they need to start selling boats?
That is the million dollar question!!!!!!!!!!!!!:idea:

h2oski2fast
03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Till about the time when the investers decide they want to see a little ROI. Sad part, for them, is they missed the boat (pun intended) boom and now are going to be fighting an uphill battle till the economy comes back around.

BOBALOO
03-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I was tied up to the Trident for a couple hours and I like it. It looks way different in person. I think the best option for them has been to market the boat to the more mainstream buyers and give the option of getting more options. Without a lower cost option most of the potential customers are priced out of being potential customers.
How many of us bought a 1/2 ton extended cab truck with a small v8 before stepping up to the crew cab 1 ton diesel w/lift kit and 24" spinnaz!
a little birdie told me to check out next months ***boat
Oh yeah I forgot, ***boat has a magazine?

BADBLOWN572
03-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't know why a "check the box" type of ordering system couldn't be used with volume discounts taken at different intervals.
Item Price Included
Bare hull $________ Yes/No
Stage 1 Stereo $________ Yes/No
496 Mag $________ Yes/No
496 Mag HO $________ Yes/No
Loading Ramp $________ Yes/No
Total: $________
(BTW, spacing on HB posts sucks. Won't let adjust margins. :()
Customers like to pick options. It is fun for them. They want their boat built their way. They want to have everything from their own gel design, down to the location of the courtesy lights. Look at Outerlimits. For new boats, they have a consulation where the customer sits down with their in house interior designer to get a better feel for what should be done.
I think that the real heavy hitters, who are typically baby boomers, are not going to want the full blown stereo system, loading ramp, etc... I talked to a family friend about a boat similar to the setup of the Revolution and he said that even though he could respect the way it was built, he would never want it. He said that he goes to the lake to get away, not kill fish with a stereo or be the center of attention.
I think that the revised pricing is going to be very beneficial, but I would also look into making things into packages or all options. Would possibly sell quite a few more boats. $100K for a boat is still a ton of money. Especially when you have companies like AO willing to offer deckboats for $60K nicely equipped. You need to span the whole spectrum and open your boats up to the masses versus the select few.
Just my .02

Lightning
03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
BB572 - I totally agree with you. All the options are nice, but not everyone wants all the options. People want to design and customize...especially when you are dropping 100 LARGE on a boat. If someone wants to pay for lime green gauges and bright yellow billet, so be it - if they will write the check. Sell people what they want today and you will be able to sell them what they need tomorrow.
So where are the pics of this thing with the prop on the back anyhow?

h2oski2fast
03-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I understand the marketing behind it, if it was ever intended this way. As a start up company, you don't want to come into the market as "low end". You will hindered by that label, and find it hard to lose the "low end" labeling. If you come into the market as a "high end" builder, it is way easier to market a less expensive product once you have established yourself there. I don't think this was Wes's marketing strategy do to it taking so long to come to market, but none the less it may just work out. As I said before, the timing was critical and I feel it was missed. So, they'll have to wait it out till the next wave.

RP2
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't know why a "check the box" type of ordering system couldn't be used with volume discounts taken at different intervals.
Item Price Included
Bare hull $________ Yes/No
Stage 1 Stereo $________ Yes/No
496 Mag $________ Yes/No
496 Mag HO $________ Yes/No
Loading Ramp $________ Yes/No
Total: $________
(BTW, spacing on HB posts sucks. Won't let adjust margins. :()
Customers like to pick options. It is fun for them. They want their boat built their way. They want to have everything from their own gel design, down to the location of the courtesy lights. Look at Outerlimits. For new boats, they have a consulation where the customer sits down with their in house interior designer to get a better feel for what should be done.
I think that the real heavy hitters, who are typically baby boomers, are not going to want the full blown stereo system, loading ramp, etc... I talked to a family friend about a boat similar to the setup of the Revolution and he said that even though he could respect the way it was built, he would never want it. He said that he goes to the lake to get away, not kill fish with a stereo or be the center of attention.
I think that the revised pricing is going to be very beneficial, but I would also look into making things into packages or all options. Would possibly sell quite a few more boats. $100K for a boat is still a ton of money. Especially when you have companies like AO willing to offer deckboats for $60K nicely equipped. You need to span the whole spectrum and open your boats up to the masses versus the select few.
Just my .02
I think this is as close as he can come to an "options" package". As it was, he bragged that the main difference from his company and all others, was that he would only deliver a fully outfitted "high-end" boat with every option "standard" and no else in the industry could compete with that.
Don't get me wrong, I think he has a great product, but again should have refrained from bragging about how his company profile and product was second to none. Seems that the bar has now been lowered in order to bring a buck in the door. Nothing wrong with that, if you had humble beginings.:idea:

RiverDave
03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
On the flipside though the stripped down version will still be infused, still be rigged into the 10's, still have custom parts all over it.. So it's arguable that the "baseline" trident is still up there with the higher end competitors? Just minus the 15K stereo and some other things that are more around the dance stage then anything else?
Incidentally the ramp is sick and if I ever came across the cash to order one it'd have to have it, option or not. ;) :D
RD

Cole Trickle
03-16-2007, 10:51 AM
On the flipside though the stripped down version will still be infused, still be rigged into the 10's, still have custom parts all over it.. So it's arguable that the "baseline" trident is still up there with the higher end competitors? Just minus the 15K stereo and some other things that are more around the dance stage then anything else?
Incidentally the ramp is sick and if I ever came across the cash to order one it'd have to have it, option or not. ;) :D
RD
I would have to have the ramp and bigger motor:)
Wonder what the light weight version with the Ilmor 710 would run;):devil: :jawdrop:

DMOORE
03-16-2007, 10:55 AM
RD
I agree. Even a base line boat is going to be beautiful. That's why they are called options. That's the great thing about custom builders, get it "your" way. And yes the front ramp is sweet.
Darrell.

dmontzsta
03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
wsuwhr eyeballing a trident? WTF?:confused:

Jesster
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I think this is as close as he can come to an "options" package". As it was, he bragged that the main difference from his company and all others, was that he would only deliver a fully outfitted "high-end" boat with every option "standard" and no else in the industry could compete with that.
Don't get me wrong, I think he has a great product, but again should have refrained from bragging about how his company profile and product was second to none. Seems that the bar has now been lowered in order to bring a buck in the door. Nothing wrong with that, if you had humble beginings.:idea:
He may have spoken to soon but Im sure at the time he meant every word, but only a dumb, stubborn, SOB wouldn't change the way they operate their business based on a changing market situation. I would also be willing to bet, had he come to market a couple years earlier and gotten a good foothold he wouldn't have had to change his mission statement (at least not this much). We will never know.
The good news is now the average joe can have a Revolution. If we wouldn't have already purchased last year I would have to seriously think about spending the extra and upgrading to one. Keith was correct in an earlier post, this is nothing but good news for the consumer.
The big boys are now going to have to take notice and change a number of things, price point being one.

wsuwrhr
03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
wsuwhr eyeballing a trident? WTF?:confused:
Are you kiddin me?
Ride in the boat, it is badass. Runs hard, looks good, handles chop, turns and accelerates like a boat should.
The walk around swimstep and mechanized front ramp are both better than sliced bread.
Best yet, it finally powered by a Dodge, without me having to install it.
The only reason I don't own one yet is, I haven't figured a way to use
over-transom headers.
Brian

bigq
03-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I liked the idea with the jet drive. I have always liked jets for many reasons, but I understand why the outdrive is the better choice. Good luck Trident.

RP2
03-17-2007, 07:51 AM
He may have spoken to soon but Im sure at the time he meant every word, but only a dumb, stubborn, SOB wouldn't change the way they operate their business based on a changing market situation. I would also be willing to bet, had he come to market a couple years earlier and gotten a good foothold he wouldn't have had to change his mission statement (at least not this much). We will never know.
The good news is now the average joe can have a Revolution. If we wouldn't have already purchased last year I would have to seriously think about spending the extra and upgrading to one. Keith was correct in an earlier post, this is nothing but good news for the consumer.
The big boys are now going to have to take notice and change a number of things, price point being one.
I do agree 100% with this. My intent was to point out that Wes has come as close to a compromise and option list as he can while still producing a great product.

bigq
03-17-2007, 08:22 AM
If the average Joe can afford a $99k boat I must be missing something. I wouldn't mind having one, but I think I'll wait for the used market.:confused: I am sure it moves it closer for some, but remember the aveage Joe just bought a half million dollar house.;) No doubt it is worth every penny though.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
The avarage joe is just getting ready to buy a half million dollar house....
No doubt, probably only "worth" half that.
I am sure it moves it closer for some, but remember the aveage Joe just bought a half million dollar house.;) No doubt it is worth every penny though.

Kahuna
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't worry someone will buy the molds after the company goes under and then someone will make a reasonable priced boat.:eek:
From the beginning this effort was doomed. Ever heard of the car builder Vector? The tried to make the most advance sports car but failed.
If an entry level boat is 100K then I must be missing something.:idea:

Phat Matt
03-17-2007, 09:12 AM
If an entry level boat is 100K then I must be missing something.:idea:
A bayliner is an entry level boat. This is a performance boat targeted at buyer with money who knows the difference. It isn't built for the masses. Not everyone can afford a 100k boat regardless of the builder. I think everyone can agree on that.

Kahuna
03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
A bayliner is an entry level boat. This is a performance boat targeted at buyer with money who knows the difference. It isn't built for the masses. Not everyone can afford a 100k boat regardless of the builder. I think everyone can agree on that.
Entry level for that manufacture. You have to have a boat that you can sell in high number so you can sell a few at the higher prices. I will bet you that boat manufactures make the majority of their money of the lower priced boats then there higher prices models. The margins are smaller on the lower priced boat but you make up for it with the numbers sold.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I have to disagree with this statement.
Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much hand labor in a boat.
Brian
The margins are smaller on the lower priced boat but you make up for it with the numbers sold.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed

h2oski2fast
03-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Entry level for that manufacture. You have to have a boat that you can sell in high number so you can sell a few at the higher prices. I will bet you that boat manufactures make the majority of their money of the lower priced boats then there higher prices models. The margins are smaller on the lower priced boat but you make up for it with the numbers sold.
As with most industries, 25% is low end, 25% is high end...... 50% of the business is in the mid lines.

superdave013
03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Some companys just don't cater to entry level. I mean could you call Schiada's 21' River Cruiser entry level? Heck, I could buy 3 Commanders for that money and have change left for a used truck. lol

Kahuna
03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
If the average Joe can afford a $99k boat I must be missing something. I wouldn't mind having one, but I think I'll wait for the used market.:confused: I am sure it moves it closer for some, but remember the aveage Joe just bought a half million dollar house.;) No doubt it is worth every penny though.
There are a lot of people that think they can afford a $100k boat but in reality they can just make the payment. There are a lot of people living above their means but the bill comes due eventually.:jawdrop:

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:09 AM
...and yet you are surprised?
The United States(you, me and everyone else) has been writing checks to China(trade) with no way to pay for the last ten years. When we cease to make anything, we will cease to have something to sell. What does your post have to do with my thread?
What do you guys think of Trident's new update?
Brian
There are a lot of people that think they can afford a $100k boat but in reality they can just make the payment. There are a lot of people living above their means but the bill comes due eventually.:jawdrop:

Kahuna
03-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Some companys just don't cater to entry level. I mean could you call Schiada's 21' River Cruiser entry level? Heck, I could buy 3 Commanders for that money and have change left for a used truck. lol
Yes their 21' River Cruiser is their entry level to their other boats. The Schiada customer appreciates the craftsmanship of Schiada and is willing to pay for that but the Commander customer appreciates that the boat floats and is at a good price.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:16 AM
A nickel tour of Trident's facility and one would be impressed at the level of detail put into the product.
I think Trident's day will come soon.
Yes their 21' River Cruiser is their entry level to their other boats. The Schiada customer appreciates the craftsmanship of Schiada and is willing to pay for that but the Commander customer appreciates that the boat floats and is at a good price.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Brian

shadow
03-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Brian
Getting warmer,but still priced way too high.The competition has still got the saftey(comfort to the consumer) of a proven reputation with 100's of thousands of combined clocked hrs.
I say he blows atleast 4-5 boats out in the 75k range to try and get some customers.Been operating in the red this long.
Noone wants to be first with the price tag thats on there now and "NONE" sold.
Now that Wes has pulled his head out of his ass and realized he's not above the industry he might be able to sell a few to get started and stay afloat.
Good luck to them:)

Havasu1986
03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Darrel...What the hell are you doing on the computer when its 100 degrees out there.:D Duh Why am I on here when nice here also...Gotta get a beer and go outside.:)

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Brian
Well since you keep bringing your spam to the top asking for more opinions I guess I'll tell you. Wes could lower the price all he wants but it still won't make the thing look any better. No disrespect meant but I've been on the boat and know a lot of people that have also and I have yet to talk to anyone that likes the styling. I think everything about it is great except the styling.

Phat Matt
03-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Agreed.
He isn't looking for novice boaters. They wouldn't understand the difference between a poorly rigged boat or a cleanly rigged boat. He is targeting a different customer, one with money and some knowledge of what they are buying. Does Porsche care if not everyone can afford their entry level car? I don't think so.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:53 AM
It is no more spam that 100's of other topics on the sandbar forum. I am not selling a boat. I am interested in Trident's quest just as many others here are.
This is a BOATING forum...right? ***boat? Seems related to me.
Well since you keep bringing your spam to the top asking for more opinions I guess I'll tell you. Wes could lower the price all he wants but it still won't make the thing look any better. No disrespect meant but I've been on the boat and know a lot of people that have also and I have yet to talk to anyone that likes the styling. I think everything about it is great except the styling.

Phat Matt
03-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Spam bump.
I'll bump it again later just so nobody misses it and/or to piss someone off. :D

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
It is no more spam that 100's of other topics on the sandbar forum. I am not selling a boat. I am interested in Trident's quest just as many others here are.
This is a BOATING forum...right? ***boat? Seems related to me.
Ok, you win, it's not spam. Boat's still ugly though.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I do agree with most of what you said Shadow. The last sentence could be put different though.
I don't think the price is too out of line. What does an Advantage deck (one of the first decks that I recall) cost with similar power, features? I know of a couple that were in that range a few years ago.
I have related many of those things to Wes myself.
Good post.
Brian
Getting warmer,but still priced way too high.The competition has still got the saftey(comfort to the consumer) of a proven reputation with 100's of thousands of combined clocked hrs.
I say he blows atleast 4-5 boats out in the 75k range to try and get some customers.Been operating in the red this long.
Noone wants to be first with the price tag thats on there now and "NONE" sold.
Now that Wes has pulled his head out of his ass and realized he's not above the industry he might be able to sell a few to get started and stay afloat.
Good luck to them:)

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok, you win, it's not spam. Boat's still ugly though.
thanks. I can respect that.
If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place.
I know a couple guys who think Lambroginis(sp?) suck too.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Spot on.
He isn't looking for novice boaters. They wouldn't understand the difference between a poorly rigged boat or a cleanly rigged boat. He is targeting a different customer, one with money and some knowledge of what they are buying. Does Porsche care if not everyone can afford their entry level car? I don't think so.

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I know a couple guys who think Lambroginis(sp?) suck too.
Atleast they actually sell a few cars.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Alright, you win.
Fill me in on the biggest risk you took of your life.
Allow me to critique.
You can't fault the guy for what he has accomplished, even if he does fail.
Do you feel better knocking a guy who gave his all?
Don't be a dick Sir, if you have nothing good to say....
Brian

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
You know, I keep hearing this over and over.
The problems with the Revolution were well documented and no big secret.
If Wes had ditched the Dual drive last season and installed an outdrive, he would be in a much better position.
In my opinion, few of Trident's problems were caused by Trident, rather by vendors who didn't uphold their commitment to the project.
Who is ultimately responsible? Trident of course.
Brian

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Alright, you win.
Fill me in on the biggest risk you took of your life.
Allow me to critque.
You can't fault the guy for what he has accomplished, even if he does fail.
Do you feel better knocking a guy who gave his all?
Don't be a dick Sir, if you have nothing good to say....
Brian
Your not very smart...are you? You keep bringing this thing to the top asking for more opinions then when you get ones you don't like you get all butt hurt.
Go back and read my first post in this thread and tell me if i'm knocking someone or giving a fair honest opinion.
You're like some little reverse troll. Posting a nice thread and then pouncing on anyone who doesn't agree with your nut swinging opinion.
Wes has got to be very proud that his little butt buddy is starting spam threads for him and then calling people names if they don't drink the cool aid.
If you want more honesty just keep replying to my posts.

shadow
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh forget it!!!!!!!!!!

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 12:33 PM
In my opinion, few of Trident's problems were caused by Trident, rather by vendors who didn't uphold their commitment to the project.
Brian
The vendors are responsible for the styling?

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I am plenty smart. Too smart for my own good somtimes.
I don't like people saying things just to get a reaction. Different opinions are great, talking shit, just to talk shit, isn't necessary.
I didn't pounce on anyone.
I don't recall "calling people names" Sir.
Brian
Your not very smart...are you? You keep bringing this thing to the top asking for more opinions then when you get ones you don't like you get all butt hurt.
Go back and read my first post in this thread and tell me if i'm knocking someone or giving a fair honest opinion.
You're like some little reverse troll. Posting a nice thread and then pouncing on anyone who doesn't agree with your nut swinging opinion.
Wes has got to be very proud that his little butt buddy is starting spam threads for him and then calling people names if they don't drink the cool aid.
If you want more honesty just keep replying to my posts.

BADAXE
03-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Dude, Wes called and wanted me to give you a message.
"SHUT UP YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE F'ING UP MY BUSINESS"

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:50 PM
You're (Your) slipping.
Dude, Wes called and wanted me to give you a message.
"SHUT UP YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE F'ING UP MY BUSINESS"

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Personally I'm tired of hearing about this boat for the last 2 years! Until I start seeing a few or more at the lake every time there is a Trdent post all I see is bla bla bla bla bla:rolleyes:

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Personally I'm tired of hearing about this boat for the last 2 years! Until I start seeing a few or more at the lake every time there is a Trdent post all I see is bla bla bla bla bla:rolleyes:
In time. Maybe.
I heard of a Trident sighting already in Havasu this weekend.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Anyone need any high-misalignment sleeves? I'll be back.
I have some 304 to turn.
Now that is SPAM.
Brian

superdave013
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Bump for wsuwrhr's green eggs and spam. :D

superdave013
03-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone need any high-misalignment sleeves? I'll be back.
I have some 304 to turn.
Now that is SPAM.
Brian
Yeah, I know a guy that needs all that stuff. The sleeves for rod ends too. He pays and is at this point my best stocking customer. I think he was talking 17-4 though.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Can I get in on this :devil:

Phat Matt
03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
:D
http://www.starfleetcommand.us/spam3.jpg

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I know a guy that needs all that stuff. The sleeves for rod ends too. He pays and is at this point my best stocking customer. I think he was talking 17-4 though.
Let me know SD. I got-er all cranked up spitting them out like a screw machine.
I like 17-4 better than 304 anyway.
Brian

Phat Matt
03-17-2007, 05:06 PM
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shinobi/images/spam.jpg

Scarab Jet
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Not with a house purchase edging closer.
But certainly in my future.
I think a closer goal of mine is getting Wes to infuse a 18-19 footer, flat or jet. The weight savings of the infusion process is HUGE.
Brian
He'll never do it... Not half as good a margin in smaller boats as it is in selling the big ones... The only reason that I see him doing it, is out of the goodness of his heart... Period... [right, Wes?]
PS, In case he does, I'll be in line right behind you to order one...

superdave013
03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
He'll never do it... Not half as good a margin in smaller boats as it is in selling the big ones... The only reason that I see him doing it, is out of the goodness of his heart... Period... [right, Wes?]
Well if that's the only one reason then I could see it happening some day. He's a cool cat in my book. I miss that focker posting here. He could toss out a few lines and get 8 pages of hook ups before lunch. lol

wsuwrhr
03-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Custumer or not, I agree with you Dave.
I have asked him on more than one occasion why he isn't present.
Well if that's the only one reason then I could see it happening some day. He's a cool cat in my book. I miss that focker posting here.

wsuwrhr
03-18-2007, 06:34 AM
I think there is money to be made. He needs to put as much time in it as necessary and no more. I am thinking he infuses the boat and pops it out of the mold and be done with it. Someone else handles all of the rigging.
I have actually talked to him about doing it for me.
"Brian's Boat shop"

RiverDave
03-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Custumer or not, I agree with you Dave.
I have asked him on more than one occasion why he isn't present.
Him posting here probably cost him a sale or two. Whether that be becuase some people didn't like what he had to say, or how he said it etc... doesn't really matter, if it cost him a sale then him posting on here isn't worth it anymore.
I think after april he's going to have atleast one or two boats out on the water. After he sells a couple and people get over the 1st boat syndrome I think sales will go up from there, and once that happens it wouldn't surprise me if you see him on here again.
As far as a few small boats being layed up down at Trident... Ya never know, once sales take off he might take on another project. ;) The problem is you can't do what he does with just any old average mold. The molds have to be slightly modified with some flange or something (don't quote me on that becuaes I'm not sure.. He explained it once, but I can't remember) all the way around them so it adds some costs upfront to do it.
RD

wsuwrhr
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes the molds will need to be modified for the infusion process.
Brian
As far as a few small boats being layed up down at Trident... Ya never know, once sales take off he might take on another project. ;) The problem is you can't do what he does with just any old average mold. The molds have to be slightly modified with some flange or something (don't quote me on that becuaes I'm not sure.. He explained it once, but I can't remember) all the way around them so it adds some costs upfront to do it.
RD

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Seen the Trident this weekend in Thompson Bay, looks awesome. Cant wait to check it out up close.

Cole Trickle
03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Seen the Trident this weekend in Thompson Bay, looks awesome. Cant wait to check it out up close.
I partied/rode on it friday night. The Red and White boat is off the hook!!!:D:sqeyes:

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I partied/rode on it friday night. The Red and White boat is off the hook!!!:D:sqeyes:
Yup, thats was the one. Looks great on the water.

Totally IncapASSitated
03-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree with Brandin...partied with Wes on Friday night and I was definitely impressed with the boat!!!
Thanks again for the ride Wes!!! And next time we really will leave the girls with you!!! LOL :D

dmontzsta
03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Are you kiddin me?
Ride in the boat, it is badass. Runs hard, looks good, handles chop, turns and accelerates like a boat should.
The walk around swimstep and mechanized front ramp are both better than sliced bread.
Best yet, it finally powered by a Dodge, without me having to install it.
The only reason I don't own one yet is, I haven't figured a way to use
over-transom headers.
Brian
I will have to disagree with most of that. :) Runs hard? compared to what? looks good? to each his own I guess, handles chop? so do most 21'+ boats, turns and accelerates like a boat should? once again, compared to what? I am sure a 21' RC would clownpunch a trident.
Who needs swimsteps and mechanized front ramps? lol.
A dodge? I must say that is unique. :D
Over the transom headers on a trident? That is like putting lipstick on a pig. ;)

bohica
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I also saw it in Thompason Bay on Saturday. They were being questioned by the Sheriff's boat. Anybody know what they were getting questioned for?:confused:
Boat sure does look nice though.

Cole Trickle
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I also saw it in Thompason Bay on Saturday. They were being questioned by the Sheriff's boat. Anybody know what they were getting questioned for?:confused:
Boat sure does look nice though.
Unregisterd boat and Wes's dancing ability;):D
Prety sure once he explained that it was a demo boat on a test drive they let him go with no problems.:)

voodoomedman
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Nobody told me and I didn't see it. I would have liked to check it out.

RiverDave
03-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I will have to disagree with most of that. :) Runs hard? compared to what? looks good? to each his own I guess, handles chop? so do most 21'+ boats, turns and accelerates like a boat should? once again, compared to what? I am sure a 21' RC would clownpunch a trident.
Who needs swimsteps and mechanized front ramps? lol.
A dodge? I must say that is unique. :D
Over the transom headers on a trident? That is like putting lipstick on a pig. ;)
Dmontza would you like to bet on it? I'm sure we can dig up a 21 RC with a 525 in it.. I'll bet they don't run anywhere near 93mph, nor will it have the accelleration the Trident has. I'll bet those lights on it if your down.. :D
Don't get me wrong the 21RC (or rather the 22 for me) is pretty much the end all of boats in my opinion, but in this particular arena it'd get it's ass handed to it apples to apples.
RD

h2oski2fast
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Dmontza would you like to bet on it? I'm sure we can dig up a 21 RC with a 525 in it.. I'll bet they don't run anywhere near 93mph, nor will it have the accelleration the Trident has. I'll bet those lights on it if your down.. :D
Don't get me wrong the 21RC (or rather the 22 for me) is pretty much the end all of boats in my opinion, but in this particular arena it'd get it's ass handed to it apples to apples.
RD
What are you gonna bet with?:) :) :)

abraman1326
03-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I am so glad that he's affering a step down from fully ,oaded. Now it'll only be 20 years til I can afford one. LOL It'll definetly help his sales and get more of them out of the mold and onto the water. Can't wait to see one up here in Nor Cal to get a close look and get a ride for myself. Good luch Wes!!!
BRA

Jbb
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
That is like putting lipstick on a pig. ;)
I have heard Brown use that phrase before....:p

Tom N
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/thomasnelson217/69trident.jpg
Check out this 1969 Chris Craft Trident

Biglue
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/thomasnelson217/69trident.jpg
Check out this 1969 Chris Craft Trident
That whole idea reminds me of the old WWII era personnel carriers that delivered our troops to the beach. Dunno the actual name to them tho.

RiverDave
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
What are you gonna bet with?:) :) :)
Some LED's that I have that he wants. Didn't you read the post? :D
Do you think a 21 RC will run 90+ with 550HP?
RD

h2oski2fast
03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Some LED's that I have that he wants. Didn't you read the post? :D
Do you think a 21 RC will run 90+ with 550HP?
RD
You're asking me that question? You already know my answer:) :) . It will however out handle and out turn Wes' creation.
Ship those LEDs my direction.:D Oh, and give me a call or email me the CA #'s..... I don't think I am going this weekend. I need to re wire Pat's Vector. So, I think I am going to hagn out in Canyon Lake...... Maybe take a break from the wiring and go for a ski ride.

Riverkid
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
So, I think I am going to hagn out in Canyon Lake...... Maybe take a break from the wiring and go for a ski ride.
Blah Blah Blah.

robk
03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
That whole idea reminds me of the old WWII era personnel carriers that delivered our troops to the beach. Dunno the actual name to them tho.
LCVPs, "Higgins Boats"
Rob

h2oski2fast
03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Blah Blah Blah.
Funny, that's exactly what you sounded like after the ski races on saturday.:D :D :D