PDA

View Full Version : Laid off....

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Working for a subprime mortgage company sucks! I made it through the first 4 rounds of layoffs, but you can only be lucky so long :(
Kristy

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear, must have been Ameriquest right?

Do F150's Float?
03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Hahaha...
Try Ameriquest, New Century, Master Financial, Aegis Funding, Resmae, Fremont... the list grows ever day...
:EDIT: Sorry - didn't mean to sound mean there. Sorry to hear about the layoff :( I work for a broker so we're feelin it too...

Brady Bunch
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
or.....the hundred other subprime lenders that have closed their doors!:confused:

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Lol.... Yep, it was Ameriquest.
It was a huge layoff... From what I know about 50%

HocusPocus
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
i know it sucks but im sure it wasn't really much of a surprise considering the way things are going with lenders these days. i hope you get back in the game soon... unless your looking forward to a little time off anyways then time to enjoy some sunshine.

Rvr Swpr
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Working for a subprime mortgage company sucks! I made it through the first 4 rounds of layoffs, but you can only be lucky so long :(
Kristy
Sorry about the lay-off. have wanted to ask if you or your husband have family at Grand Island.

Tequila-John
03-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your job. Any plans?

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
i know it sucks but im sure it wasn't really much of a surprise considering the way things are going with lenders these days. i hope you get back in the game soon... unless your looking forward to a little time off anyways then time to enjoy some sunshine.
Definitely not a surprise. I worked in the IT dept. and most of us have known it was coming since last Friday. Every day this week was wait and see....
I'm definitely glad it came at this time. The first round of layoffs they did was in November of 2005. Talk about a holiday killer!

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your job. Any plans?
Enjoy the sun :p
Thankfully I have a couple recruiter contacts, so *fingers crossed*, I'll find something soon.

RitcheyRch
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Havasu1986
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Maybe Killian Fire Protection has a opening.:)

BiggusJimbus
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
With apologies to those that lost their jobs...
In the long run, it's the best thing that could have happened for the good of almost everybody.
Still sucks rocks to have to find work.
The subprime business has been a train wreck waiting to happen. Unfortunately, it'll reverberate through all financial institutions and will negatively impace a lot of people that will see their value drop.
On the other hand, it's one of the reasons that values got to be where they are now. So, it works both ways.

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe Killian Fire Protection has a opening.:)
hahahahaha!!!!
Wouldn't that rock! :)

Screemy1
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Countrywide is hiring..... but it is amazing how many high up VP's are bailing.... don't know if it is a forced push or they found something better.... still looks scary when the high ups bail.... since they normally are privvy to certain info.....

robk
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
No surprise... this was round 5 since they started laying people off in '05. It's actually been more of a "when" question since then. I got the axe there last May... one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Maybe Killian Fire Protection has a opening :)
I keep telling the old man he needs an IT department :)
Rob

robk
03-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Countrywide is hiring..... but it is amazing how many high up VP's are bailing.... don't know if it is a forced push or they found something better.... still looks scary when the high ups bail.... since they normally are privvy to certain info.....
They're just finishing up doing a buildout of a huge suite for Countrywide right next door to where I work (in Aliso Viejo). Looks like they didn't spare any expense, either.
Rob

Screemy1
03-15-2007, 03:52 PM
They're just finishing up doing a buildout of a huge suite for Countrywide right next door to where I work (in Aliso Viejo). Looks like they didn't spare any expense, either.
Rob
they say they are good.... short sales are up and they can't negotiate fast enough with the investors..... but I bet Full Spectrum will take a hit....

ultra27jay
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Rob
HEY ROB, WHATS UP. HOWS THE TRUCK AND THE GEARS. DID U EVER HOOK UP THE COMPUTER CHIP.

robk
03-15-2007, 04:07 PM
HEY ROB, WHATS UP. HOWS THE TRUCK AND THE GEARS. DID U EVER HOOK UP THE COMPUTER CHIP.
It's all good, PM sent.
Rob

mbrown2
03-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Countrwide IT is hiring in certain areas...but most jobs would be in the either the Conejo valley area...Agoura, Simi, TO or Westlake....or in TX and AZ.
Sorry to hear about the layoff.
What did you do in IT?

catman-do
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I work at BNC. I can see if we have any openings in our IT department. Im sure they are going to be needing a few people as they introduce out Alt-A side.

Tom Slick
03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Hahaha...
Try Ameriquest, New Century, Master Financial, Aegis Funding, Resmae, Fremont... the list grows ever day...
:EDIT: Sorry - didn't mean to sound mean there. Sorry to hear about the layoff :( I work for a broker so we're feelin it too...
Sorry to hear about the layoff...this past week or so has been pretty crazy for sure.
P.S. ResMae is still alive and kicking!

catman-do
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the layoff...this past week or so has been pretty crazy for sure.
Did they finally get everything squared away with Credit Suisse? I know there were talks that once Resmae filed bk, Credit Suisse was going to take them over under different terms as to not assume their liabilities and future suits...
It will be interesting to see the how the boating industry gets hit with all the layoffs to the mtg industry. Not only have people been buying boats out of their equity, but also alot of boat owners are also some way or another tied into mtg/realestate.... I would say about 75% of the people in our company has a boat.

truksnboats
03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I used to be an Area manager for Countrywide subprime. I saw the subprime market falling out and made the move to an A-paper/ Alt A lender and it has been the best move for me. I have more deals since all the other lenders are shutting the doors. At least the Argent/Ameriquest employees got a severance. I feel bad for the New Century employees who had a nice 401K. Looks like New Century is the new Enron with the accounting they have been doing.

All-Star
03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Since you work in the Mortgage industry in the "I.T. Dept"... shouldnt it be a minor jump to work for a credit union??? My friend is in the IT department for a Credit union and they are hiring and she makes bank!!! But it is in LA County

reDECKulous
03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
What do you do for BNC? Rep?

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Lol.... Yep, it was Ameriquest.
It was a huge layoff... From what I know about 50%
I use to work there, left in 2000. I was talking to Rob about it earlier and all the people we both know in IT there. Take a break, relax a bit and hope you find something that makes you happy.

barbigrl
03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I left the title business in December.....THANK GOD!!! So many reps that I worked with got laid off or "let go"
Just got word today that my old boss at my previous Title Company got let go!! TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!

Parker Dreamin
03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear the news.

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Countrwide IT is hiring in certain areas...but most jobs would be in the either the Conejo valley area...Agoura, Simi, TO or Westlake....or in TX and AZ.
Sorry to hear about the layoff.
What did you do in IT?
I was a Desktop Engineer and the site lead for one of the buildings in Orange. It was good while it lasted...
I work at BNC. I can see if we have any openings in our IT department. Im sure they are going to be needing a few people as they introduce out Alt-A side.
Awesome! Thank you :)
I used to be an Area manager for Countrywide subprime. I saw the subprime market falling out and made the move to an A-paper/ Alt A lender and it has been the best move for me. I have more deals since all the other lenders are shutting the doors. At least the Argent/Ameriquest employees got a severance. I feel bad for the New Century employees who had a nice 401K. Looks like New Century is the new Enron with the accounting they have been doing.
Very true. I am glad I received a severance package.... I think if you didn't see it coming, your eyes weren't open!

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Since you work in the Mortgage industry in the "I.T. Dept"... shouldnt it be a minor jump to work for a credit union??? My friend is in the IT department for a Credit union and they are hiring and she makes bank!!! But it is in LA County
I could *jump* anywhere. The nice thing about working in this field is you aren't attached to any one industry. Mortgage companies just happened to be the hot spot for quite a few years due to the market.
I use to work there, left in 2000. I was talking to Rob about it earlier and all the people we both know in IT there. Take a break, relax a bit and hope you find something that makes you happy.
Hi!! He was telling me you know Joe.... What a small world.
Thanks for the warm thoughts! As much as I want to take a break, the thought of not having a job worries me to no end. I will enjoy the sun this weekend though :D

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I could *jump* anywhere. The nice thing about working in this field is you aren't attached to any one industry. Mortgage companies just happened to be the hot spot for quite a few years due to the market.
Hi!! He was telling me you know Joe.... What a small world.
Thanks for the warm thoughts! As much as I want to take a break, the thought of not having a job worries me to no end. I will enjoy the sun this weekend though :D
Yes I know Joe, we went to the same high school, I have known him since 1986. I got Joe the job at Ameriquest when he was a contractor for Compucom. The guy in charge of the BF department did not want to hire him till I told him Joe was the best guy at American Honda Motors, I got him that Job at AHM as well.:)
Hope you get on your feet real quick.

HCS
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Ameriquest just shit canned their whole branch here. 500 employees.
Better hit the road.

robk
03-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Ameriquest just shit canned their whole branch here. 500 employees.
Better hit the road.
Sac-town? Branch super center?
Rob

HCS
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Sac-town? Branch super center?
Rob
I would say yes. My baseball coach buddy has a wife that works for Ameriquest. They first said they were cutting back, now they say their shutting down the whole branch.
Word of mouth.

mrs.robk
03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I would say yes. My baseball coach buddy has a wife that works for Ameriquest. They first said they were cutting back, now they say their shutting down the whole branch.
Word of mouth.
It was the whole branch. They closed all of the Ameriquest branches (supercenters). The retail division of Ameriquest is gone.

OverKill
03-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Come to Arizona!! People can't afford homes in California so they are buying here in AZ.

shueman
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I am glad I received a severance package.... I think if you didn't see it coming, your eyes weren't open!
Best of luck going forward.... :cool: IT is very portable..
I was in food for 20 years and was downsized out in Feb....saw it coming, just didn't want to re-locate. The package was a nice way to say "goodbye"...;)

catman-do
03-16-2007, 07:03 AM
What do you do for BNC? Rep?
Yeah, I've been over there for a little over 3 years now. You work wholesale or retail?

Kiddunot
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Funny you should say, I used to work the IT Department for Secured funding. We were roughly supporting about 1000 people in 3 different building then one day came and they laid off 400 people, 3 weeks later they laid off another 400 people. Currently they subleased the other 2 buildings and downsized and there is only 150 people now working for this company. This place was located in Costa Mesa California. Believe me I can use a new IT job as well. Still on the prowl but also have the Sheriffs Department in the works.

Do F150's Float?
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
I work for a broker in Fullerton - PM me your contact info if you can be our rep... I don't think we have one with BNC right now.
I swore that was one of the first i heard of?? Ok, well... good for them! :)

AvengerBabe
03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
That sucks Mrs. Robk.... I got the same news a month ago at my job with Homecomings. :mad:

Do F150's Float?
03-16-2007, 10:06 AM
http://ml-implode.com/
.... 39 subprime lenders out since 2006... YIKES!

OCMerrill
03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Sorry to read all this. I know Robk is not happy with his Job and to loose yours...sucks big time.
I am sure your next move will be for the better. Something is a working in the "Big Plan" and your just have to ride it out.
Good Luck!

catman-do
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I work for a broker in Fullerton - PM me your contact info if you can be our rep... I don't think we have one with BNC right now.
I swore that was one of the first i heard of?? Ok, well... good for them! :)
PM sent.... Anyone else that works for a broker shop and may need a BNC rep, or arent happy with the one you've got let me know! :D

robk
03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry to read all this. I know Robk is not happy with his Job and to loose yours...sucks big time.
I am sure your next move will be for the better. Something is a working in the "Big Plan" and your just have to ride it out.
Good Luck!
Well... not to say too much but an IT position up in Big Bear might be in the "Big Plan" :) Thanks for the kind words OCMerrill.

OCMerrill
03-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Well... not to say too much but an IT position up in Big Bear might be in the "Big Plan" :) Thanks for the kind words OCMerrill.
Nice! You mentioned that before on a PM. Looks like its going to work out? Very Cool.
I have had my Lavey on Big Bear Lake a few times. We give it a Thumbs Up! Nice town.
Keep in mind...Down the back side of the mountain on Hwy 18...Right on 247 through Landers into Yucca Valley, Left on 62, Left on 177...Parker in about 2 1/2 hours. Not all bad.:D
Plus Lucerne Valley in 45 min. if you were to get bored with all those 4x4 trails up the hill.:D

mrs.robk
03-18-2007, 06:49 AM
That sucks Mrs. Robk.... I got the same news a month ago at my job with Homecomings. :mad:
I'm sorry to hear that! Are things looking up for you yet?

mrs.robk
03-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Good Luck!
I am looking forwards to moving on. It was almost a relief to have it finally end.

Parker Dreamin
03-18-2007, 09:02 AM
or arent happy with the one you've got let me know! :D
You dirty bird.......