PDA

View Full Version : R/e Market In Havasu

local805
03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Just Wondering How Is The Housing Market Holding Up In Havasu???any Info On Houses With Rv Workshop/garage Next To Blm Land Values????

DCBDaytona
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM
One word...SLOW. Actually very very SLOW. California money isn't flowing in as quickly and home prices are declining.

Unitek
03-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Are there houses actually on Lake Havasu ? Never been but really wanna go ! :D

RiverDave
03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Prices are dropping fast from what I understand. In another few months it'll be a good time to buy out there! :)
If your looking for someone to show you some properties I have a great agent out there if your interested.
RD

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I was talking to the contractor working on my trailer up at the river last weekend.. and he was saying that California owns that city. His opinion is that if california suffers, it affects the Colorado river and havasu areas real hard.

DILLIGAF
03-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I was talking to the contractor working on my trailer up at the river last weekend.. and he was saying that California owns that city. His opinion is that if california suffers, it affects the Colorado river and havasu areas real hard.
Is he a rocket scientist in his spare time?
:)

Phat Matt
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes. He also mentioned if the rocket booster doesn't ignite it's hard to make orbit. :)

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Haha! ... I wouldnt say hes that good of a contractor either. the guy couldnt cut a 45 if his life depended on it. How he has an account with state farm i will never know.:confused:

DILLIGAF
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes. He also mentioned if the rocket booster doesn't ignite it's hard to make orbit. :)
Just one of those thinking outside of the box guys

DILLIGAF
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Haha! ... I wouldnt say hes that good of a contractor either. the guy couldnt cut a 45 if his life depended on it. How he has an account with state farm i will never know.:confused:
Low bidder?

Phat Matt
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Just one of those thinking outside of the box guys
I always thought most guys thought about how to get in the box. :rollside:

DILLIGAF
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I always thought most guys thought about how to get in the box. :rollside:
Who actually thinks when they are IN the box Matt?

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Low bidder?
must be..
Its so hard to find good work around there. The damn crew never shows up when they say they are. I would think they need the money, i guess not. Hell, if it was me Id wanna get the job done and get paid. Then they bs with you about how nice it must be to live in CA and have the money to own a 2nd home and be able to go up there and all that jazz. Im thinking,,Well if you actually did your job you would be able to have them same or better.

DILLIGAF
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
must be..
Its so hard to find good work around there. The damn crew never shows up when they say they are. I would think they need the money, i guess not. Hell, if it was me Id wanna get the job done and get paid. Then they bs with you about how nice it must be to live in CA and have the money to own a 2nd home and be able to go up there and all that jazz. Im thinking,,Well if you actually did your job you would be able to have them same or better.
That is why we don't usually bid on jobs going out for the public sectors. They almost always go with the lowest bidder and then they are surprised when things are all ****ed up.

ChumpChange
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
From what I have heard, it is really slow with a lot of choices on the market. I hope to get up there in a couple of weeks to check out some homes. Probably won't but until later in the year when more investors have their rates adjust and are REALLY ready to get out fast. :D

Mandelon
03-21-2007, 12:07 PM
The way foreclosures are accelerating around so cal, I think Havi could be in for a rough time. The ballers will be fine, but those on the bubble with be selling or letting them go. Prices are dropping.

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 12:09 PM
That is why we don't usually bid on jobs going out for the public sectors. They almost always go with the lowest bidder and then they are surprised when things are all ****ed up.
Yah, I had to sit there and babysit them all weekend and have them fix all their sloppy work. I gave them free beers and and lunch and they worked with no complaints. Theyre finally just about done. The have to fix a few ac ducks claen up there mess. I took two trips to the dump for them to ensure the place was clean. I cant believe its taken this long to get the work done. We did get new badass microfiber sleeper couches a washer, dryer, a fridge and a few other things out of it so I guess i cant complain too much.:D

Havasu1986
03-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Yah, I had to sit there and babysit them all weekend and have them fix all their sloppy work. I gave them free beers and and lunch and they worked with no complaints. Theyre finally just about done. The have to fix a few ac ducks claen up there mess. I took two trips to the dump for them to ensure the place was clean. I cant believe its taken this long to get the work done. We did get new badass microfiber sleeper couches a washer, dryer, a fridge and a few other things out of it so I guess i cant complain too much.:D
How did grandma's room turn out.:D

djunkie
03-21-2007, 12:12 PM
The way foreclosures are accelerating around so cal, I think Havi could be in for a rough time. The ballers will be fine, but those on the bubble with be selling or letting them go. Prices are dropping.
Thank God my house payment out there is about the same as most peoples car payments. :D :D

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 12:15 PM
How did grandma's room turn out.:D
The whole place looks great.;) Thanks for your concern on grandmas room

4DAY4PLAY
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank God my house payment out there is about the same as most peoples car payments. :D :D
It may be....but you dont usually pay a car off over 30 years!!! Otherwise the avg car payment would be $50/month!!!

djunkie
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
It may be....but you dont usually pay a car off over 30 years!!! Otherwise the avg car payment would be $50/month!!!
You don't get to right off your car payment either and usually after 30 years the car is worth a lot less than you paid for it. :idea: :idea: :idea:

riverracerx
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
My in-laws house out there is paid for! And my boat is nice and comfy in their garage.
Works for me. :D

djunkie
03-21-2007, 01:16 PM
My in-laws house out there is paid for! And my boat is nice and comfy in their garage.
Works for me. :D
Moocher!!!!!!!:D :D

2Driver
03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
My buddy has a nice southside home and his neighbor's home, a clean 3 bedroom 1500 Sq ft home in decent shape ( although older) only brought $128k at foreclosure auction last month.
That is pretty low

ChumpChange
03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
My buddy has a nice southside home and his neighbor's home, a clean 3 bedroom 1500 Sq ft home in decent shape ( although older) only brought $128k at foreclosure auction last month.
That is pretty low
That is low. Wish I would have known. :(

2Driver
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
That is low. Wish I would have known. :(
A lot of us said the same thing. It was a decent place for the price considering my buddy paid $400K for his furnished 10 month ago :eek:

boatnam2
03-21-2007, 01:41 PM
i see it going down quite a bit more and hope to have a chance next winter to buy something again.

CA Stu
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
A lot of us said the same thing. It was a decent place for the price considering my buddy paid $400K for his furnished 10 month ago :eek:
Furniture is evidently pretty goddamn expensive out there.
Thanks
CA Stu

BEER&WATER
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
That is pretty low
your gonna see alot of the old beat up home's go like this here
it is basicly knock it down for the land value. you will not see
anything in good shape go for less than 179K

Lavey29
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Driver, Do you know of a good way to find out about these foreclosures and public property auctions up there? The agents I have spoken with don't deal with pending or foreclosed properties. Seems like that would be the best way to really find a good deal and save some money on the purchase..
That is pretty low

Kilrtoy
03-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I have been saying this for a year and everyone said I was wrong, Now everyone is agreeing with me....

Jyruiz
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Let it go down, I am ready to buy another property.

SummitKarl
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Let it go down, I am ready to buy another property.
have I got a deal for you.......:D LMAO

BEER&WATER
03-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Driver, Do you know of a good way to find out about these foreclosures and public property http://www.realtytrac.com/pub/landing/optimized_c.asp?&accnt=15601up there? The agents I have spoken with don't deal with pending or foreclosed properties. Seems like that would be the best way to really find a good deal and save some money on the purchase..
http://www.realtytrac.com/pub/landing/optimized_c.asp?&accnt=15601
HERE YA GO GOOD LUCK
they way to go about it is to talk to a re agent that has there bank owed
listings all together. buying at auction is not as simple as it sounds . also you dont get a clear title ( suit to quiet title ) can cost $10k and 6 months
plus all the hassle . plus all the cash up front . a good re agent can make a deal on a REO( BANK OWNED ) if your interested about it all pm me and all tell you what i know

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I have been saying this for a year and everyone said I was wrong, Now everyone is agreeing with me....
Oh i completely saw this coming a year and a half ago when there were a ton of houses for sale in my neighborhood up there. And i was proven right last weekend when I noticed that a bunch of those same houses are STILL for sale.
I remember people telling me i was wrong. ..Im with you kilrtoy!:D hopefully prices keep going down so i can get a bigger place! lol;)

Havasu1986
03-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Im with you kilrtoy!:D hopefully prices keep going down so i can get a bigger place! lol;)
Uh...That means your trailer price is coming down also.:eek: :)

2Driver
03-21-2007, 06:00 PM
your gonna see alot of the old beat up home's go like this here
it is basicly knock it down for the land value.
Actually this was a very nice home. Not built yesterday but certainly an average LHC home.
Hey Driver, Do you know of a good way to find out about these foreclosures and public property auctions up there? ..
The foreclosure I was speaking about was in the local paper (Herald). With pick up prices like that I am also looking for the inside info :D
Havasu is a very resilient home market. At the end of the day it will always persevere

dumbandyoung
03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Uh...That means your trailer price is coming down also.:eek: :)
the good thing is im not relying on the equity of that. the monthly payment is my concern..so interest rates might take a toll on me there. lol...who knows???
ahhh this aint for another few years anyways...im just dreamin

Lavey29
03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the link B&W,,,seems like a lot of good properties out there to be had for a good price...I think another 6 months and the prices wil be even better. I will PM you for some more info...
http://www.realtytrac.com/pub/landing/optimized_c.asp?&accnt=15601
HERE YA GO GOOD LUCK
they way to go about it is to talk to a re agent that has there bank owed
listings all together. buying at auction is not as simple as it sounds . also you dont get a clear title ( suit to quiet title ) can cost $10k and 6 months
plus all the hassle . plus all the cash up front . a good re agent can make a deal on a REO( BANK OWNED ) if your interested about it all pm me and all tell you what i know

Rvr Swpr
03-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh i completely saw this coming a year and a half ago when there were a ton of houses for sale in my neighborhood up there. And i was proven right last weekend when I noticed that a bunch of those same houses are STILL for sale.
I remember people telling me i was wrong. ..Im with you kilrtoy!:D hopefully prices keep going down so i can get a bigger place! lol;)
You need to shut up for awhile.