PDA

View Full Version : Granite Referral or Hookup

THATJEFFGUY
03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I just got a quote on granite countertops. It was $7.50/SF for Tropical Brown, and the labor was $33/SF. I only have about 37SF of counters. Is this a good deal... or does anyone have a better hookup on this stuff ?

beaverretriever
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I just got a quote on granite countertops. It was $7.50/SF for Tropical Brown, and the labor was $33/SF. I only have about 37SF of counters. Is this a good deal... or does anyone have a better hookup on this stuff ?
I would like to know as well... :)

WET HULL
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
That is a good deal. The only thing though is that you typically need to buy a entire slab @ about 80sq ft. My granite guys will do mine for right around $25 a sq ft. on labor. You are in the ballpark, so if you feel good about the guy go for it.

THATJEFFGUY
03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
That is a good deal. The only thing though is that you typically need to buy a entire slab @ about 80sq ft. My granite guys will do mine for right around $25 a sq ft. on labor. You are in the ballpark, so if you feel good about the guy go for it.
Isn't a full slab only 55sf ?? How far do your guys travel ? I'd rather pay $25/sf for labor.

AirtimeLavey
03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I think that's a good price, too. I just put in 91 sq. ft. for $4k. I went w/full back splashes, island, window ledge, etc. That included the plywood. Went w/Tropical Brwn also, and love it. You're right about the slab size. Many are around 55 sq. ft. You'll want to watch the install to make sure it all fits right the first time, and the seams get done right. I almost ended up w/an extra 1 1/2" overhang, but I made them re-do that section. Glad we went w/granite and the full back splashes.

purrfecttremor
03-23-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm lookig at doing by countertops and setile the downstairs floor. What a good price for floor tile installed ?

WET HULL
03-23-2007, 06:19 AM
What kind of tile and what pattern?

Mr. Crusader 83
03-23-2007, 06:20 AM
For slab granite install anything under $50 a square foot is good for materials plus labor

ChumpChange
03-23-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm lookig at doing by countertops and setile the downstairs floor. What a good price for floor tile installed ?
Just had over 2,000 square feet of my house tiled. Turned out awesome. I'm in Claremont so Chino is not too far away from my tile guy. It was the best price around with a great installer.

Jim W
03-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Jeff,
I have a customer who is the president of the company who fab's the counter tops for the local Lowes and Home Depots.
Went to my Lowes store and picked out what I wanted then went up to his fab shop and got a price that was $2,500 cheaper than Lowes. He really liked that I handed him a pile of cash.
If you can find out who Lowes/Home Depot is using as their fab shop (this should be fairly easy) I would go right to them.
Be good, Jim

Legal Chemistry
03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Depending on the install, you may want to look at the prefab tops. They are much cheaper than the custom slab -it may work out better b/c you are doing a small area. Off the top of my head they are 9' x 26" 1 1/2 w/bullnose edges. Just another option. Good luck

yopengo
03-23-2007, 10:30 AM
My Trop Brown Granite is being installed today. PM me your info and will get some info for So Cal. :D

purrfecttremor
03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Just had over 2,000 square feet of my house tiled. Turned out awesome. I'm in Claremont so Chino is not too far away from my tile guy. It was the best price around with a great installer.
How about his #.Sure would help and thanks:D

ChumpChange
03-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Rustico Imports
1574 Arrow Hwy, Ste 1
La Verne, CA 91750
909-596-3444
Dave Monaco is the owner. James is his installer. He just finished my flooring last week and as soon as the Granite counters go on, he will be doing my full travertine backsplash. He also did all the vertical shower...basically everything in my house. Just tell him Matt R gave you his number.

purrfecttremor
03-23-2007, 03:46 PM

al cole'holic
03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
..man, I can't spam it enough...just finished a kitchen in pre-fab granite for 2100 bucks including an island and backsplash! Find a guy that will hook you up with pre-fab or call my buddy Albert 805.822.4412 :D

finsfan4life
03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Fellow Hot Boaters.. I recently did lots of homework on this matter. I found a guy that did everything for about $45-$48 per square foot (Demo,labor,materials,clean up). Who ever who guys do hire, be sure their price includes full demolition (old c/tops) and make sure it includes hauling away the trash. Also be sure that whoever u hire will include doing a full "Bull nose" on the edges. Bull noses are the most work, and lots of granite co's will defer away from it. A buddy of mine got qoute from a reputable co. in Chino at $52.00 sq ft. He later found out they wanted another $2500.00 for demolition.
Another thing to avoid is the granite that comes from China. This granite is a much weaker stone than from Brazil for instance. Home Depot is currently advertising Granite at about $52 per sq ft, with no demo...
If anyone wants my guys info (out the the S. El Monte area) shoot me an email....(brlopez55@yahoo.com)...Good luck.....Finsfan4life