PDA

View Full Version : Bed Rug? Spray In?

dmontzsta
03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
I am deciding what to do with my new 07 F150. The bed is mint and I wash the inside of the bed everytime I wash the truck. I was thinking of a bed rug, but has anyone seen what they look like in between the rug and bed after a few years? I know drop ins destroy a bed. I would just like to know there is a nice new bed, if I trade it back in. Thanks.

Say10
03-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Spary in...no brainer...

djunkie
03-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Spary in...no brainer...
Yup. Line-X or Rhino liner. Can't go wrong with either. Although I'm sure your gonna have a ton of people saying different.

YeLLowBoaT
03-24-2007, 06:04 PM
what they said... just make sure the shop pulls the bed bolts before they spray... other wise it looks like shit and if you ever need to take the bed off... your fooked.

KineticoH20
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
The Bed Rug is awesome and looks great also. If your gonna get a hard top, the bed rug is a must. Everything looks clean, you can pour bleach on it and it won't stain. Now if you go open bed, then spray it. If you want to see one installed i'll be at the lake next weekend. Now if you can't trust a Lakr fanatic who can you trust.:D

Kachina26
03-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I have the bed rug, can't tell you about rubbing damage, as I had a drop in liner prior to the rug. I love the bed rug. Problem with spray in liner is the bed can still be dented.

Fiat48
03-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I am deciding what to do with my new 07 F150. The bed is mint and I wash the inside of the bed everytime I wash the truck. I was thinking of a bed rug, but has anyone seen what they look like in between the rug and bed after a few years? I know drop ins destroy a bed. I would just like to know there is a nice new bed, if I trade it back in. Thanks.
My 99...the bed is mint..wanted to keep it that way. I am happy with the Bed rug. $300 delivered on the web. Easy install and they fit really nice. Conform right to the bed. Have one on my Toyota Tacoma also.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/SUC50160.JPG

Kachina26
03-24-2007, 08:45 PM
My 99...the bed is mint..wanted to keep it that way. I am happy with the Bed rug. $300 delivered on the web. Easy install and they fit really nice. Conform right to the bed. Have one on my Toyota Tacoma also.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/SUC50160.JPG
Mine was free, but I still love it :D Just one of the perks I used to have working at a dealer.

dmontzsta
03-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I dont know, I am torn. I will have a cover on the bed. Mostly I carry chairs, luggage and parts/motor? once in a blue moon, so the bed rug would hold up fine. But, I dont know what it does to the bed, if it makes it rusty and the paint rubbed off, then it might be better to use that money towards a spray in...
damn...help!? :D

Schiada Time
03-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Line-X Dmonzta. Rhino Liner is not as nice of a texture.I have few friends who own Line-X shops so hit me up when you are ready.
Travis

Fiat48
03-24-2007, 11:19 PM
There is a padding made into the rug so I cannot see how it would rub paint off. But I don't know for sure. I just put this one in the Ford and the Toyota one has only been in there about 2 months.
I debated like you did and it was either Line X or the bed rug from all I read. They wanted $450 to spray the little Toyota bed here in Reno. I called Sacramento and prices were scattered but cheaper than Reno. So it pays to shop prices.

Riverkid
03-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a Bedrug and a tonneau. I put anywhere from 1000-3000+ pounds in my truck all the time. It hasn't done a thing to the paint on my F-350 bed. Really nice with the padding when you have to climb in there for something...

ultra26shadow
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Get a bedrug if you got a cover or camper but the line x is awesome strong and will last forever

GofastRacer
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
There is a padding made into the rug so I cannot see how it would rub paint off. But I don't know for sure. I just put this one in the Ford and the Toyota one has only been in there about 2 months.
I debated like you did and it was either Line X or the bed rug from all I read. They wanted $450 to spray the little Toyota bed here in Reno. I called Sacramento and prices were scattered but cheaper than Reno. So it pays to shop prices.
It's not the rubbing that's a problem it's the moisture, if water gets down in there it will rot out the bed, I've seen quite a few of them rotted out with those fiberglass bed inserts just after a year!..

RitcheyRch
03-27-2007, 04:19 AM
I have a Line-X sprayed in liner in my Tundra and love it.

GofastRacer
03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I think the spray in is about the best, no moisture can get behind it, providing it was prepped right that is!...

Duck
03-30-2007, 10:25 PM
One more bed rug vote-easier on the knees too.:D

curtis73
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
why not both? The rugs aren't that expensive. Then you have the best of both.

dmontzsta
04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
why not both? The rugs aren't that expensive. Then you have the best of both.
Well, the bed rug is about $350, not exactly a drop in the bucket. Buying both would really be counterproductive. If I got the bed rug it would be in hopes of preserving the bed and pulling it out later, the spray in would just be done and would stay forever.

LOWRIVER2
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Line-X, then drop in a rubber bed mat if you want some cushion on the knees. The bed mats are 50 bucks or cheaper, do not affect the Line-X and washable. Line-X and a little non silicone based spray conditioner and your bed will look like new forever.

Cole Trickle
04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Tonneau cover = bed rug
Open Air = LineX
We have a BR in our F350 and it is very surable and comfortable to sleep in if need be.

dmontzsta
04-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Tonneau cover = bed rug
Open Air = LineX
We have a BR in our F350 and it is very surable and comfortable to sleep in if need be.
Would you mind pulling it out? :D And letting me know what the bed looks like underneath? :D

Cole Trickle
04-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Would you mind pulling it out? :D And letting me know what the bed looks like underneath? :D
It's already out...It's been sitting in my garage for a month while I yanked the Tonneau to haul the rhino. After a couple of months there was no effect on the bed. (Honestly we haven't hauled anything crazy in the bed that would have scuffed/scratched it )

dmontzsta
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Anyone have experience with a dualcomp liner, they just changed the name to dualliner.
http://www.dualliner.com/
Seems too good to be true.
No scratching of the bed and pretty tough too.

GofastRacer
04-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Looks like a pretty good thing, as long as you can keep the moisture out!..

dmontzsta
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Looks like a pretty good thing, as long as you can keep the moisture out!..
yeah, I was talking to the GM today. He said the way it is set up it utilizes the factory drainage system in the bed. He said he guarantees it will not trap moisture. He just pulled his out after 2 years and said there was no chaffing in the bed. Seems pretty good and the mat is super durable, I think I might be buying one soon! :D
see you in Parker.

GofastRacer
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
yeah, I was talking to the GM today. He said the way it is set up it utilizes the factory drainage system in the bed. He said he guarantees it will not trap moisture. He just pulled his out after 2 years and said there was no chaffing in the bed. Seems pretty good and the mat is super durable, I think I might be buying one soon! :D
see you in Parker.
Well maybe it is a good one, just that I've seen a whole bed rotted out in less than a year from some those liners, I'm kinda partial to Line-X myself!.. See ya there!...

dmontzsta
05-01-2007, 11:24 AM
To end this thread I wanted to let everyone know I went with the dualliner.
www.dualliner.com
It is everything I was looking for! :) The pad keeps stuff in place and the sides protect from any dents (unlike spray ins). I can also take it out within 20 minutes and clean/wax the bed whenever I need and there is no chaffing.
AWESOME PRODUCT! And it looks great, the sides look just like a spray in, if not better cause of the shine.
http://www.dualliner.com/images/step5a.jpg

Schiada Time
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Your gay! Line-X all the way!
travis

dmontzsta
05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Your gay! Line-X all the way!
travis
haha, no way...not so far at least. All of the LineX's I see are faded, chipping and look like ass. Hey, even you have a rug over yours, cause it doesn't hold stuff in place.
The dualliner holds stuff where I leave it and it has hard sides to protect the paint. I can take it off in 15 minutes and still have perfect paint underneath, which is great for when I trade the truck back in. :)
I have hauled bikes, chairs, ice chests and all kinds of stuff already, it stays in its spot. Look for the dualliner install on powerblock TV this weekend, this is an up and coming company and more people will start buying in to it. They put one in a dodge truck that was modified and did 130+mph on road American with a pro driver 4 batteries in the bed and not one of them moved! :)