PDA

View Full Version : ? for stab n steer

old rigger
01-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Stabber,
just wondered if you saw the Beezer in the latest Boat Trader. The add says its a '74 out of '58 molds. A little fourteen footer, SBC V-drive. I think the area code was 520 and thought it might be up by you. Heck, you might even know the guy.............

Stab-n-Steer
01-08-2002, 07:10 AM
Old Rig,
Wow, 14 foot? Man, I thought my boat was small at 16'... I can't imagine how the ride must be. Mine is terrible, this one must be unbearable!
520 is in Arizona... The whole state I think other than Phoenix. Biesemeyer was based in Phoenix. I had no idea they made a 14' unless it was an outboard hull converted to a v-drive.
Last summer at one of the Goodguy's car shows, a guy brought in a little v-drive that was 14 or 15'. I couldn't tell who made the hull but it definitely wasn't a Beezer...
Was the add in the paper or the website? I'd like to see a picture of it...
S&S

01-08-2002, 10:04 AM
14' almost qualifys as a PWC. I bet its fun to drive in flat water.

old rigger
01-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Stabber,
I saw the add (and pic) in the paper and checked the website for it, but had no luck. I can never find shit on the boat trader website even if I type in an add that I know is there. God, I hate computers. You might give it a try. The spelling on the add is 'Beisemire'
Says the beezer is called a 'Lightning'. Guy want's 5 grand for it.

Stab-n-Steer
01-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Old Rig,
Yeah, I searched the website as well. What a piece of crap search engine they have. I type in every key word I could think of. When I searched by key word of "V-Drive" every "V-berth" boat came up... I'll stop by the local 7-11 and get one from Omar...
S&S

Backfire
01-08-2002, 07:04 PM
I saw that boat at the Bluewater thing a couple of years ago. It's an outboard model and it is a completely rigged boat, but, as is typical of the round-tail late 50's Beezers, it's a light layup and the deck is collapsing under it's own weight.

V-Kid
01-08-2002, 08:18 PM
S&S

V-Kid
01-08-2002, 08:27 PM
S&S Ill figure this damn thing out yet. My rayson is a 16 as well but this is the first ive heard about a bad ride, whats bad? and what can improve this? Kid

Stab-n-Steer
01-08-2002, 09:11 PM
V-Kid,
The early Beezers have a hard chine that runs way up the length of the boat before it blends into the bow. Basically this creates a very large flat bottom area for it's length compared to most other flat bottoms. Also, being short it will want to porpose more than a longer boat.
From what I can remember of the Rayson Craft hulls, I am sure they will ride better than my Biesemeyer. They are much stouter hulls as well. They're still all flat bottoms however, so none of them are real smooth... Of course, a bad ride is a matter of opinion. My son and I love it, my wife won't get even get in it!
S&S
[This message has been edited by Stab-n-Steer (edited January 09, 2002).]

01-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Flatbottoms and smooth rides are generally not used in the same conversation but it can make for some interesting times such as when you hit some rollers and the well-endowed lady next to you comes out of her bikini top.

shirkey4750
01-09-2002, 02:08 PM
If you type in the v drive type (Casale) only v drives with that word will come up. Thats the way I check the ads, saves a lot of sorting.

Stab-n-Steer
01-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 058:
Flatbottoms and smooth rides are generally not used in the same conversation but it can make for some interesting times such as when you hit some rollers and the well-endowed lady next to you comes out of her bikini top.
We are on the same page Bob! You might remember my "first breast sighting story" from the "Fever" thread a few months ago. It's happened more than once in that boat over the years...
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
01-09-2002, 03:14 PM
shirkey4750,
Thanks for the tip, I'll give 'er a try.
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
01-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Backfire,
Yeah, the old Beezers are pretty light compared to the other boats from tha time especially Rayson Crafts and Mandellas... My old girl has been in the family for 30 years and has held up pretty well. I re-glassed the deck in '83 but that's pretty much it. I even flipped it once and it cracked the cross member between the front and rear seat but that was it. She should have another 30 years in her!
S&S

01-09-2002, 04:17 PM
S&S, I do indeed remember that thread, brought back memorys for me too. My ex-wife gave everyone a good show once when I was racing a friend and I wouldn't lift. Damn, I was winning....well, you know the rest of the story.

Stab-n-Steer
01-12-2002, 07:17 AM
So you lifted to protect your wife's honor and lost the race? What a gentleman!
S&S