PDA

View Full Version : Vette sold so time for a new Toy/Daily Driver

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I tried to be rational and buy something that was boring and get 40 mpg......;)
I did get an automatic this time:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_0811.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_0808.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_0806.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_0809.jpg
Already hooked up tint and some new wheels.
Car scoots along pretty good with the 400hp LS2 from the factory.

RitcheyRch
03-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Very nice. I thought about getting an '04 to match my '64.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Brandin,
Those things run good especially with a 6sp ???? The interior, IMO, is the nicest that GM puts into anything they build. The GTO's are said to handle good also. (at least GM has the sense to use IRS system in the back instead of the lame live axle setup all Mustangs are using) I just read here on the boards that a guy just went to Magnason and had an Eaton SC installed on his TBSS. The GTO would be an absolute rocket with a Whipple or Eaton on it.
Have fun and stay safe
JM

707dog
03-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Iv Done A Lil Driving In One Of Those Without Traction Control On..fun Fun Fun Till The Le's Asked What The Hell I Was Thinking This Aint No Damn Race Track....so I Bought A Cts-v Instead..lmao

Jyruiz
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Very nice, congrats.
BALLER!:D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Brandin,
Those things run good especially with a 6sp ???? The interior, IMO, is the nicest that GM puts into anything they build. The GTO's are said to handle good also. (at least GM has the sense to use IRS system in the back instead of the lame live axle setup all Mustangs are using) I just read here on the boards that a guy just went to Magnason and had an Eaton SC installed on his TBSS. The GTO would be an absolute rocket with a Whipple or Eaton on it.
Have fun and stay safe
JM
Thanks.....I agree the interior is bar none the nicest thing GM offers. (It made my Vette look like crap in comparison)
Car is capable of low 13's off the showroom floor. I am gonna keep this one pretty mellow as opposed to my Magnuson equipped vette.
I already threw it on the dyno and we did a custom tune.
I plan on adding a Magnaflow Catback,Kooks headers and a K&N FIPK.
Perhaps a converter;)

djunkie
03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks.....I agree the interior is bar none the nicest thing GM offers. (It made my Vette look like crap in comparison)
Car is capable of low 13's off the showroom floor. I am gonna keep this one pretty mellow as opposed to my Magnuson equipped vette.
I already threw it on the dyno and we did a custom tune.
I plan on adding a Magnaflow Catback,Kooks headers and a K&N FIPK.
Perhaps a converter;)
Fricken kids. Leave the damm thing alone!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Fricken kids. Leave the damm thing alone!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
It runs good but it still needs a little help;):D
I will be happy at 370+ to the wheels (It's at 350 right now so it won't be hard)

dmontzsta
03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Is that the new Saturn? wow, I didnt know they upped the power like that, Saturn has really stepped it up.
Congrats!

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Is that the new Saturn? wow, I didnt know they upped the power like that, Saturn has really stepped it up.
Congrats!
Thanks
It runs just a tad better than those new mudstains;)

dmontzsta
03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks
It runs just a tad better than those new mudstains;)
:D You caught me. :)

Tige' 24v
03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Cole I am new to HB but the company I own actually sells and manufactures products for the GTO. We are W/D for most of the companies you mentioned. I know it is spam but our web site is www.rksport.com let me know if I can help you we are located in Murrieta.

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Cole I am new to HB but the company I own actually sells and manufactures products for the GTO. We are W/D for most of the companies you mentioned. I know it is spam but our web site is www.rksport.com let me know if I can help you we are located in Murrieta.
Small world
Very familiar with RK sport. I have driven quite a few of your show cars on the dyno and around the shop.
I worked as the development coordinator/lead dyno tech at Magnaflow for 2 years.(Been gone for 1.5 years)
Welcome to ***boat:)

LAND_LOVER69
03-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Poor man's Corvette! :jawdrop:
:D :D :D

Tige' 24v
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes it is a small world and thanks for the welcome.

spectras only
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
CT , cool car . Always liked Goats :) .Those 'Mudstains' have live axle for a reason :idea: .Why do you think they put live axle back in the GT 500's ?
This baby would probably brake an IRS ;) .Let you know how it does on the track when my buddy is going to take it there soon :) .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/05%20turbo%20stang.jpg

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Poor man's Corvette! :jawdrop:
:D :D :D
No doubt....:(;)
The vette will be missed but atleast i have memories;):eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0465.jpg

ULTRA26 # 1
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
CT , cool car . Always liked Goats :) .Those 'Mudstains' have live axle for a reason :idea: .Why do you think they put live axle back in the GT 500's ?
This baby would probably brake an IRS ;) .Let you know how it does on the track when my buddy is going to take it there soon :) .
I just sold my 98 Saleen S281 SC Speedster and my 03 SVT Cobra. While there was some slight wheel hop with the IRS, I found the IRS to be far superior with regard to handling and traction. My Cobra put out 460 to the rear wheels and the IRS held up just fine. In the 500+ range, the live axle is a better straight line rear end, but handling suffers. BTW, the reason that Ford did away with the IRS was mainly to due cost. Remember that the new ZO6 has an IRS rear.
John M

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Cool car....
Procharger?
What kind of power will the new 4V motor handle without internal work? (Pretty sure thay will make 450rwhp safely)
Let me know what it runs.
The IRS in my vette was way stronger than the crappy live axle in my 00SS;):devil:

TOBTEK
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
now just take it to Troy Lee designs up there, and have it painted like the Fast and Furious movie cars. WWW.RICEBOY.COM :D :D :D

LAND_LOVER69
03-26-2007, 12:27 PM
No doubt....:(;)
The vette will be missed but atleast i have memories;):eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0465.jpg
That thing iz BADD AZZZ!:crossx:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I just sold my 98 Saleen S281 SC Speedster and my 03 SVT Cobra. While there was some slight wheel hop with the IRS, I found the IRS to be far superior with regard to handling and traction. My Cobra put out 460 to the rear wheels and the IRS held up just fine. In the 500+ range, the live axle is a better straight line rear end, but handling suffers. BTW, the reason that Ford did away with the IRS was mainly to due cost. Remember that the new ZO6 has an IRS rear.
John M
John,
Did you get a new cool car or did all of the toy fund go towards that new Ultra deck?:eek: :idea: :)

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
now just take it to Troy Lee designs up there, and have it painted like the Fast and Furious movie cars. WWW.RICEBOY.COM :D :D :D
I have never been much of a paint and body guy.
I would much rather spend my $$ on tires;)
http://home.earthlink.net/~brandinss/SS/Fang.jpg

dmontzsta
03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Cool car....
Procharger?
What kind of power will the new 4V motor handle without internal work? (Pretty sure thay will make 450rwhp safely)
The IRS in my vette was way stronger than the crappy live axle in my 00SS;):devil:
Actually the new GT sports a 3v motor. :) I have seen dyno's and dudes online who have pulled down 550whp, pretty safe with some boost, not too sure of their limits though since I have not seen or heard of anyone popping one yet due to overpowering.
My friend/business partner has an 06 GT 5 speed and my 99 GT 5 speed still has a bit more bottom end acceleration than his and mine is still stock.
Also, the new GT with Live Axle beat the GTO (with IRS) in everything except straight line acceleration (which was VERY CLOSE) in a Car and Driver shootout. Here is the link: :D
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/8908/21st-century-muscle-cars-page4.html

GETSOME
03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Brandin I like the wheels and tint. Nice add. I thought you were going to leave this stock:confused: :confused:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Brandin I like the wheels and tint. Nice add. I thought you were going to leave this stock:confused: :confused:
Stock = no blower,turbos or nitrous;):D
Thanks for the feedback

GETSOME
03-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Stock = no blower,turbos or nitrous;):D
Thanks for the feedback
Well i Guess i said that too. 9 inch lift is close to stock right?

spectras only
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Cool car....
Procharger?
Forget about Procharger ;) .It's a Hellion turbo system . Car was also upgraded with a suspension . The tech guy at Brown Brothers ford who did the install runs pretty good numbers with his fairly stock Stang at Mission raceway .

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Actually the new GT sports a 3v motor. :) I have seen dyno's and dudes online who have pulled down 550whp, pretty safe with some boost, not too sure of their limits though since I have not seen or heard of anyone popping one yet due to overpowering.
My friend/business partner has an 06 GT 5 speed and my 99 GT 5 speed still has a bit more bottom end acceleration than his and mine is still stock.
Also, the new GT with Live Axle beat the GTO (with IRS) in everything except straight line acceleration (which was VERY CLOSE) in a Car and Driver shootout. Here is the link: :D
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/8908/21st-century-muscle-cars-page4.html
Let me know when the 2 of you are ready to show me tail lights. Loosers can buy a pitcher each and we can sit around and tell lies about how fast our cars are;):D

dmontzsta
03-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Let me know when the 2 of you are ready to show me tail lights.
Are you looking for tow options already? :D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Forget about Procharger ;) .It's a Hellion turbo system . Car was also upgraded with a suspension . The tech guy at Brown Brothers ford who did the install runs pretty good numbers with his fairly stock Stang at Mission raceway .
Sounds intresting....I haven't heard about the Hellion system. What does the tech run in his?:) :confused:
How much boost/power and what kind of ET/MPH?:devil: :idea:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Are you looking for tow options already? :D
Not so much.....just trying to hustle some beer;):skull:

spectras only
03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Sounds intresting....I haven't heard about the Hellion system. What does the tech run in his?:) :confused:
How much boost/power and what kind of ET/MPH?:devil: :idea:
Just e-mailed my buddy to get some info on that .
Don't want to type erroneous numbers ;) . My buddy is running 6 lbs daily , and adjusts the boost to 10 occasionally :) .

caroftheweek
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
real performance cars have 3 pedals:devil: :devil:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Just e-mailed my buddy to get some info on that .
Don't want to type erroneous numbers ;) . My buddy is running 6 lbs daily , and adjusts the boost to 10 occasionally :) .
My guess
440 rwhp daily
525 at the track:D
He running any kind of Alky or just a safe tune?
With a good hook I say 11.5@120 at 10lbs:devil:

jrgaudettes
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Brandin, Sweet ride. Congrats.:D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
real performance cars have 3 pedals:devil: :devil:
It has a dead pedal;)
Let me know when you want to race for pinks......winner gets your new RC boat:D :devil:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ba_06.jpg
220 miles... custom tune, zero mods:)
<-----always wanted a RC boat:idea: :) :sqeyes:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Brandin, Sweet ride. Congrats.:D
Thanks!
Let me know when your ready to trade for the Deck;):D

Phat Daddy
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
When can we expect to see the candy flake with airbags???:D :D :D

jrgaudettes
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks!
Will do.:D :D You in Havi this weekend?

caroftheweek
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks!
i've got 2 r/c boats, want one?:devil:
i think our deck will belong to someone else in the next couple days. we will see...

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Will do.:D :D You in Havi this weekend?
I wish :(
Hopefully see you out on Havasu for the Poker run.
Don't forget your Ipod;):D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
i've got 2 r/c boats, want one?:devil:
i think our deck will belong to someone else in the next couple days. we will see...
That thing still isn't gone?
You would think that the first serious person that looked at it would swoop it up....it is bar none the cleanest 04 Magic Deck on the market.

jrgaudettes
03-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I wish :(
Hopefully see you out on Havasu for the Poker run.
Don't forget your Ipod;):D
Going to buy one just for the boat. We will be out for the poker run also, see you guys there.:D

caroftheweek
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
That thing still isn't gone?
You would think that the first serious person that looked at it would swoop it up....it is bar none the cleanest 04 Magic Deck on the market.
it could be yours... its time for you to step up to a cat.:)

spectras only
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
My guess
440 rwhp daily
525 at the track:D
He running any kind of Alky or just a safe tune?
With a good hook I say 11.5@120 at 10lbs:devil:
Try 475 rwhp on 6 lbs ;)
CT , I'm into r/c boats . Check this website , lots of cool stuff ! http://206.206.85.209/xtdoc/default.aspx?store=mhzusa

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Try 475 rwhp on 6 lbs ;)
LOL...I was close;):D
Whats 35 rwhp between friends.....:devil:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree.....probably not gonna be a magic;):)

riverbound
03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
When is soccer practice??;)

MR.rvrluvr
03-26-2007, 01:59 PM
good lookin ride...Got engaged and already selling the fun stuff....did I say that out loud....:D :D :D J/K those GTO's haul the mail...

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
When is soccer practice??;)
3:30pm
Wanna meet for frapachinos first?;):devil: :D

riverbound
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
3:30pm
Wanna meet for frapachinos first?;):devil: :D
Look at you all domesticated and shit ;)

djunkie
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
good lookin ride...Got engaged and already selling the fun stuff....did I say that out loud....:D :D :D J/K those GTO's haul the mail...
Uhhhhhh Huhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil:

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Life is all about sacrafices;):D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Look at you all domesticated and shit ;)
You know this;)
How was the Parker B-Day? (Happy belated by the way:) )

GETSOME
03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I have to say after riding in deak, Cat ( 27 Eliminator fundeck) this weekend in havasu by far better for our party potential. But then again we could have fun in row boat.
And Ryan Save your boat for another 5 years and put no hours on it and give me the good guy price. then it will be mine

76ANTHONY
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
dammmmm cole, that JEN really is a baller buyin you that car huh???:D
nice ride bro, but i bet you miss the awesome power of the grand am now though:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
dammmmm cole, that JEN really is a baller buyin you that car huh???:D
nice ride bro, but i bet you miss the awesome power of the grand am now though:D :D :D
thanks
Jen is good to me;)
This thing has nothing on the bar car...lol I actually should have kept it and drove it to work 2-3 days a week.(Oh well)

Phat Daddy
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Let's break this beeyotch in right!!! Come pick me up... rally run in the hills!!!!:D :D

Dave C
03-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice ride!!
...mudstains.. thats funny! :D

sintax
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
weak, you should have bought my 04 when i had it for sale. =P
I walked my buddies 05 GTO 4 out of 4 runs down the strip. I had Kooks LT headers and a LPE intake and a very conservative dyno tune. I sure do miss that car.

OCMerrill
03-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Nice Holden...mate!
Basically an upright Corvette with a back seat so your not giving up to much.
And bagging the shifting shit is not all bad.
Very cool car.
My last fast-toy 4 yeras back was a 97 Camaro SS (SLP Car) with all options less the Torsion Diff. Last year of the LT1. I put over 78K on that car with not one single problem. 6 sp car - I missed shifting for like a day once the car was gone.
Now my toy is a Jeep...not fast...not even in first gear...Engine does not even rev up fast. smile_sp:

Ryphraph
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Did I see you in it on the 10 WB at around Fairplex at 5:15 today 3/26?
I was gonna throw the shocker, there was too much traffic to get near you though.
Ryph

Ivan Dan
03-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Did I see you in it on the 10 WB at around Fairplex at 5:15 today 3/26?
I was gonna throw the shocker, there was too much traffic to get near you though.
Ryph
I don't think it was Brandin....I talked to him this afternoon and he was almost home at that time.

Ryphraph
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
It was a brand new silver one with the black spoked rims. Looked just like it. It had a black paper plated from Rancho I think...
I was going to pick one up a month or so ago too. I realized I was too poor though (according to the "boss").
I did get the '02 6spd Z28, so I don't feel too bad ;-)
Ryph

ULTRA26 # 1
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
John,
Did you get a new cool car or did all of the toy fund go towards that new Ultra deck?:eek: :idea: :)
Brandin
The two Mustangs funded the boat upgrade. The TBSS went to fund the Civic SI. I drive from Brea to Bullhead City 15 to 20 times a year, minimum. The SI as a driver made more sense, not to mention it handles like a slot car. Still have my Lightning. A C6 ZO6 or a 5.4 SC Cobra will be next. A couple of years away.
John M

76ANTHONY
03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
thanks
Jen is good to me;)
This thing has nothing on the bar car...lol I actually should have kept it and drove it to work 2-3 days a week.(Oh well)
shiat now you probably think your gonna steal my "sumthin like a pimp" status huh??:D

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 08:04 AM
shiat now you probably think your gonna steal my "sumthin like a pimp" status huh??:D
Steal?
Shoot it's already been stolen!!!:D:D:devil:

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Brandin
The two Mustangs funded the boat upgrade. The TBSS went to fund the Civic SI. I drive from Brea to Bullhead City 15 to 20 times a year, minimum. The SI as a driver made more sense, not to mention it handles like a slot car. Still have my Lightning. A C6 ZO6 or a 5.4 SC Cobra will be next. A couple of years away.
John M
Completely understandable.
Sounds like you will have another monster in the garage shortly. I haven't had the chance to drive a 5.4L Cobra yet but I can tell you the Z06 was bar none the most exciting stock car I have ever been behind the wheel of.
Nothing wrong with a pullied/tuned lightning either;):D

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 08:11 AM
It was a brand new silver one with the black spoked rims. Looked just like it. It had a black paper plated from Rancho I think...
I was going to pick one up a month or so ago too. I realized I was too poor though (according to the "boss").
I did get the '02 6spd Z28, so I don't feel too bad ;-)
Ryph
Not me:)
I yanked the dealer plates/frame from teh car the second I got home.
Nothing wrong with a 6sp Z28. I still miss my 6spd 00 SS:D

spectras only
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Cole , the tech's Stang is a 94 body style with a 5.0 . He runs a PS 1 Procharger on stock bottom end with some headwork . He runs consistent
11.5's . Not bad for a crappy cheap mustang :)
Here's a closeup of my bud's 2005 GT with the Hellion setup. It's a nice clean install .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/turbo%20setup.jpg

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Cole , the tech's Stang is a 94 body style with a 5.0 . He runs a PS 1 Procharger on stock bottom end with some headwork . He runs consistent
11.5's . Not bad for a crappy cheap mustang :)
Good times..
I had a 90 no options 5spd notchback with a 89K mile original 5.0
I gutted the interior and put in race seats as well as a catback and K&N filter and the car ran 13.7@99 on drag tires.
I then added a dry NOS nitrous kit jetted for 100hp to the wheels and the car wen't 12.0@113 with the factory 3:08 gears and locker. I had planned to install 3:73's a locker and up jet to 125 to the wheels and I think the car would have gone 11.5@118+ with less than 1K invested in a $2800.00 car
Truth be told I miss that car it handle for crap but wen't really fast in a straight line for next to no investment. (I sold her to pay property tax a couple years back:( :) )
Future plans were to cage it throw in a built 331 with a big direct port set up and shoot for mid to low 10's