PDA

View Full Version : Cameraman Jailed!

LHC30Victory
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
The guy who videotaped the SBSO shooting of the soldier was arrested on a Florida warrant charging ADW. Here's the link:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AIRMAN_SHOOTING?SITE=ILMOL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Aint that sumptin?

Jbb
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
"My family is outraged because this person hasn't been arrested and is on paid vacation," Carrion's wife, Mariela, said at a news conference.
Legitimate reaction.... I would think.

Tom Brown
02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
It doesn't smell good.
I think care should be taken to make sure the officer involved is treated justly.
I also think some money should be raised to make sure Jose is well represented with whatever problems he has. People who don't wish to be shot by the police owe that man a lot.
If the system is rolling over on Jose... put a nuclear bomb under the system and light the bitch.

ROZ
02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Discredit the person who shot the footage... Provided the footage hasn't been altered (sure someone in a lab could prove it either way)I hope this doesn't affect the soldiers case....

Boatcop
02-03-2006, 04:05 PM
The arrest was totally unrelated to the SBCSO shooting.
The cameraman went to an Immigration Office to renew his papers, and the warrant came up in the routing check. He was turned over to Pomona Police, the Department with jurisdiction in the location of the Immigration Office.
So tell me how an federal agency with no affiliation with the SBCSO can be accused of "retribution" for enforcing a warrant issued long before the video tape incident?

Tom Brown
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
So tell me how an federal agency with no affiliation with the SBCSO can be accused of "retribution" for enforcing a warrant issued long before the video tape incident?
Sure... right after you tell me how someone complying with a police officer's orders can be shot three times. :)

LHC30Victory
02-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Funny how simply sharing a news story will provide conspiracy theories for some folks.

Jbb
02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Sure... right after you tell me how someone complying with a police officer's orders can be shot three times. :)
That was an ...attention getter!...

Biglue
02-03-2006, 05:07 PM
That was an ...attention getter!...
I know this is a serious subject, but that was way too fokn funny. LMAO.

Boatcop
02-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll hold judgment until the investigation is completed. The video that's been shown provides little more insight into the shooting than an audio tape would. The means are available to enhance it. The truth, right or wrong, will come to light then.
Although it appears that a lack of post-pursuit discipline, and an adrenaline rush probably played a big part in the incident.

Mardonzi
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Being a former LEO myself,, 15 years ago... I can relate to the situation and how shitty it is to have people second guess your decisions that you have to make in a split second...
Then again,, the old statement, "minimum force necessary" comes to mind. Something tells me that 3 rounds sort of exceeds that mantra...