PDA

View Full Version : Texas law as it should be for all....

Liberator TJ1984
03-28-2007, 07:16 AM
DALLAS (Reuters) - Criminals in Texas beware: if you threaten someone in their car or office, the citizens of this state where guns are ubiquitous have the right to shoot you dead. :D
This should put a dampner on car jacking !:D
Rick Perry just signed this bill , to give citizens more rights to protect themselves.

DCBob
03-28-2007, 07:23 AM
DALLAS (Reuters) - Criminals in Texas beware: if you threaten someone in their car or office, the citizens of this state where guns are ubiquitous have the right to shoot you dead. :D
This should put a dampner on car jacking !:D
Rick Perry just signed this bill , to give citizens more rights to protect themselves.
Whats ubiquitous:confused: :D

uvindex
03-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Whats ubiquitous:confused: :DIt means "all over the place" or "seemingly everywhere."
Example: Pools of vomit were ubiquitous at the high school keg party. :D

DCBob
03-28-2007, 07:45 AM
It means "all over the place" or "seemingly everywhere."
Sweet................Thanks:D

phebus
03-28-2007, 07:49 AM
It means "all over the place" or "seemingly everywhere."
Can you shoot someone for that? :)

uvindex
03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Can you shoot someone for that? :)If it's tile floor no, but if you have really nice carpet, no jury would convict you! :D

RitcheyRch
03-28-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/3/27/213247.shtml?s=us
Texas Signs New Self-Defense by Gun Law
NewsMax.com Wires
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
AUSTIN -- Criminals in Texas beware: if you threaten someone in their car or office, the citizens of this state where guns are ubiquitous have the right to shoot you dead.
Governor Rick Perry's office said on Tuesday that he had signed a new law that expands Texans' existing right to use deadly force to defend themselves "without retreat" in their homes, cars and workplaces.
"The right to defend oneself from an imminent act of harm should not only be clearly defined in Texas law, but is intuitive to human nature," Perry said on his Web site.
The new law, which takes affect on September 1, extends an exception to a statute that required a person to retreat in the face of a criminal attack. The exception was in the case of an intruder unlawfully entering a person's home.
The law extends a person's right to stand their ground beyond the home to vehicles and workplaces, allowing the reasonable use of deadly force, the governor's office said.
The reasonable use of lethal force will be allowed if an intruder is:
Committing certain violent crimes, such as murder or sexual assault, or is attempting to commit such crimes
Unlawfully trying to enter a protected place
Unlawfully trying to remove a person from a protected place.
The law also provides civil immunity for a person who lawfully slays an intruder or attacker in such situations.
Texas joins several other states including Florida that have or are considering similar laws.
Sympathy for violent offenders and criminals in general runs low in Texas, underscored by its busy death row. The state leads the United States in executions with 388 since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976 by the U.S. Supreme Court.
A conservative political outlook and widespread fondness for hunting also means Texans are a well-armed people capable of defending themselves with deadly force.
It is easy to acquire guns over the counter in Texas and lawful to carry a concealed handgun with a permit.

hoolign
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Can you shoot someone for that? :)
RIP NOTALENT :D

HocusPocus
03-28-2007, 11:02 AM
the idea sounds great to me... just try to get something like that passed here in Ca... makes me wish i still lived in Texas.

abraman1326
03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I knew I wanted to move to TX for a reason. Them there's my kind of folks!!!
BRA

rrrr
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
rrrr<--------------ready to shoot the first SOB that messes with my stuff. :jawdrop: :D

ratso
03-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm buying another gun this weekend...;)

Wheeler
03-28-2007, 12:51 PM
How the hell are you gunna shoot two guns, with a beer in each hand?

78Eliminator
03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
My girlfriend got carjacked. They pulled her out the window and threw her on the ground all while at gun point. I wish more states would follow........

rrrr
03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
The girls in Dallas are showing up at the clubs ready for action....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860knuttz_ueba_30t.jpg
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Devil's Advocate
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Kinda like a right to work state. Theirs is a right to kill state.:crossx:

Liberator TJ1984
03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
the idea sounds great to me... just try to get something like that passed here in Ca... makes me wish i still lived in Texas.
ya , in Cali. where murderers sit in A/C rooms watching Cable , soaking up your tax dollars.....
all we give them is a nice warm " Chair " :220v: