PDA

View Full Version : title and registration question

gmocnik
03-28-2007, 01:58 PM
recently bought and put together a "golf cart" for lack of a better description that is based on an old (1978) japanese daihatsu delivery truck. want to use this thing in havasu and make it street legal (it has all the street legal stuff, horn, lights, belts, etc..)...this thing has never been titled (as far as i know) and has been used on a ranch for the last ten years...i have a bill of sale from the guy i bought it from and thats all....
california dmv is impossible. they say they don't register golf carts with more than two seats...i'll try at arizona adot when i move it to havi this spring...heres the catch (i think)...without a title the process seems impossible....is there a way (legal preferred) to get some one to write an mso for this thing stating that it was built from salvaged/used parts????
with an mso, at least all i have to battle is the dmv or adot process...anyone have an idea????
thanks

Screemy1
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
ca does not register with more then two seats????then how in the hell are all those carts on Catalina legal?? some have 4 rows of seats....:confused:

gmocnik
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
catalina is the exception....good catch...