PDA

View Full Version : street legal

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
how do you make a golf cart street legal?

OutCole'd
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
how do you make a golf cart street legal?
Depends on where you plan on registering it. AZ, windshield, horn & turn signals & proof of insurance I believe.

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Arizona
Do I have to insure the cart or do I just show my proof of insurance for my truck?

OutCole'd
03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Arizona
Do I have to insure the cart or do I just show my proof of insurance for my truck?
Insure the cart seperately.

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
really?? damn.. How much is cart insurance?? $12 a month??:confused:

OutCole'd
03-28-2007, 02:30 PM
really?? damn.. How much is cart insurance?? $12 a month??:confused:
:D I think I pay about $50.00 per year or so.

lake p.a.l.
03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
To be street legal in AZ you need to have insurance($50-95yr), head lights, tail lights, brake lights, mirror, horn, and windshield. You don't "need" turn signals installed on your cart because hand signals are still legal as long as it's not the one finger signal. Let me know if I can help with anything regarding the cart. Rob

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 03:11 PM
thanks man! does the insurance cover theft?

Infomaniac
03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Move to Oklahoma and don't worry about it.

phuggit
03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Sierra-title.com

1RVRRYD
03-29-2007, 05:48 AM
To be street legal in AZ you need to have insurance($50-95yr), head lights, tail lights, brake lights, mirror, horn, and windshield. You don't "need" turn signals installed on your cart because hand signals are still legal as long as it's not the one finger signal. Let me know if I can help with anything regarding the cart. Rob
Are these the same requirements for registering a dune buggy to be street legal? I thought I heard you needed a windshield wiper, license plate light and reflectors as well. This is good information, thanks.

kindsvatercurt
03-29-2007, 05:52 AM
u don't have to have a windshield as long as you wear eye protection.

don johnson
03-29-2007, 06:33 AM
When I registered the Rhino I made the mistake of going to BHC motor vehicles and they just jerked me around.
Then drove to Havasu and they did not even want to inspect it, they handed me a paper to sign saying the vehicle has all the required street legal mod's done to it. I signed that and they handed me the plates, done deal....

lake p.a.l.
03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Are these the same requirements for registering a dune buggy to be street legal? I thought I heard you needed a windshield wiper, license plate light and reflectors as well. This is good information, thanks.
Don't know about the dune buggy, I am a Club Car dealer. You don't need a windshield wiper, the license plate light is required also(sorry I forgot about that), and reflectors are not mandatory but suggested.

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
When I registered the Rhino I made the mistake of going to BHC motor vehicles and they just jerked me around.
Then drove to Havasu and they did not even want to inspect it, they handed me a paper to sign saying the vehicle has all the required street legal mod's done to it. I signed that and they handed me the plates, done deal....
really?! thanks for saving me a head ache.. ill go down to havi!