PDA

View Full Version : buyers leverage?

kingbrutis
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
With all the mortage forclosures that are being talked about, and the stock mark not do well, does that give us the buyer any advantages? I'm not really talking about from dealers, but from private owners? Just wondering. Later Joe

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
With all the mortage forclosures that are being talked about, and the stock mark not do well, does that give us the buyer any advantages? I'm not really talking about from dealers, but from private owners? Just wondering. Later Joe
Are you refferring to homes, cars, boats, swing sets?:confused:

kingbrutis
03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Yea sorry, I meant boats. Is it a buyers market for your average buyer, not the super rich guy who has $100K cash. One example is a local dealer has new (yes new) leftover 05 seadoo jet boat. 155 hp for 10K. Not what I'm looking for but are there as many people buying boats now that it seems defaults on loans are so high. Make sence? Later Joe Are you refferring to homes, cars, boats, swing sets?:confused:

SB
03-29-2007, 08:56 AM
I would guess there is no effect on the price of the $3-5,000 boat.
Yes, anytime there is an economic downturn, there are good buys available (for those with cash) in houses, cars, and boats in the near luxury class. The very top luxury items probably have little effect because their owners don't feel the economic crunch.
So I would guess there are great buys in boats $20,000-$200,000.