PDA

View Full Version : So my wife comes back from lunch and fired.

coolchange
02-03-2006, 09:10 PM
So she comes in from lunch and gets called in and told she no longer works there. Never been written up, was recruited from a competitor to come over there. The only one that knows commissions in the whole place. Just get out. So it seems she was told to throw away some loan docs about three years ago and didn't. These people are suing the company and it appears the docs showed up. The lawyers said fire her. Seems she could be a witness or something. Great. No insurance with a Diabetic son. I'm so fricken pissed i could ****. I gotta figure out who the plantiff is and call them as a witness for the plantiff. :mad:

H20Advantage
02-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Does she have a contract? I might contact the labor board, Sounds like a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Seems if the file should have been tossed and it is now causing problems for the company they did somthing underhanded.

coolchange
02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Does she have a contract? I might contact the labor board, Sounds like a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Seems if the file should have been tossed and it is now causing problems for the company they did somthing underhanded.
Ya major underhanded. You can't just throw away loan documents and say it never happened and not pay out the commission. I'm gonna fix this guy. Not sure how yet. :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
02-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Man............I am so sorry to hear that!!!!!Im sure that there is something better for her! :p :p

roostwear
02-03-2006, 09:46 PM
There's laws against firing "whistleblowers" ya know. wink wink :idea:

Drift
02-03-2006, 10:55 PM
CA is an "At will employment state" meaning that the employer does not need any excuse legally to fire you. :mad:

dicudmore
02-03-2006, 11:05 PM
So she comes in from lunch and gets called in and told she no longer works there. Never been written up, was recruited from a competitor to come over there. The only one that knows commissions in the whole place. Just get out. So it seems she was told to throw away some loan docs about three years ago and didn't. These people are suing the company and it appears the docs showed up. The lawyers said fire her. Seems she could be a witness or something. Great. No insurance with a Diabetic son. I'm so fricken pissed i could ****. I gotta figure out who the plantiff is and call them as a witness for the plantiff. :mad:
I know the feeling :mad:
Good luck to you and yours, it'll all work out :cool:

C-2
02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah, she would make a fine Plaintiff's witness. Sooner or later the plaintiff will find her. Remember though, it can be pretty inconvenient to be involved. Interviews, depositions, all for no money/compensation.
What county? LA/Riverside/San Bernardino/SD, Ventura counties are all online, you can search civil filings by her employers name. the only county which blows is OC - need to go to the courthouse.

AltarGirl
02-04-2006, 12:52 AM
So sorry to hear about this. She obviously doesn't need that company, sounds like she could easily move to place that would appreciate her for her work & not threaten to sue her or her coworkers! Good luck to you both!! :rolleyes: :p :p

Infomaniac
02-04-2006, 07:03 AM
That sucks for you guys.
She was insubordinate not throwing those docs away as instructed. As wrong as that sounds. If illegal to do so she should have taken the docs to her boss for him/her to throw away. That way she would still have done what she was told to do and not actually have done it.
But I'm sure the lawyer recommended firing her so it would appear as a disgruntled employee if she does end up testifying. If she goes on the stand and they ask her if she is upset about being fired. She should answer no it was the best thing that ever happened to her.

sanger rat
02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
If she would have been working a Union job...... :)

TCHB
02-04-2006, 08:14 AM
1. File a lawsuit for wrongfull termination.
2. They may settle to quiet you down.

coolchange
02-04-2006, 09:02 AM
She was told by her immediate supervisor not to throw them away. Ya I was thinkin about that whistle blower thing but don't know if it applies but I'm gonna look into it. Thanks for the opinions and different perspectives.

havasu5150
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
If she would have been working a Union job......
Today 08:03 AM
She wouldn't have been dealing with Loan docs......scanning bar codes.....maybe

a catered life
02-04-2006, 09:30 PM
did someone say enron

jdogginla
02-05-2006, 12:38 AM
1. File a lawsuit for wrongfull termination.
2. They may settle to quiet you down.
Pretty hard to file a lawsuit.......as stated earlier, California is an "at will" state. Meaning the employer does not need any reason to let you go......they may let you go "at will".

TCHB
02-05-2006, 07:07 AM
You can still file a law suit and about half the time a settlement will happen.

Daytona100
02-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Old loan docs peoples information need to be shredded not thrown in the trash. Maybe the shredder was broken the day she was told to throw them away. :idea:

Tequila-John
02-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Coolchange I have access to the biggest Labor lawyer in CA. He did a class action against Wamu and Wells Fargo. PM me if you want his contact info. This guy is a crusher!

Tequila-John
02-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Old loan docs peoples information need to be shredded not thrown in the trash. Maybe the shredder was broken the day she was told to throw them away. :idea:
If the loan funded. The company has to keep either a copy package or the OG's. Most lenders/broker store them in a storage container

BoatNut Recruiter
02-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Without knowing all the facts surrounding the termination of employment, hard to say if she has a wrongfull termination/whistle-blower case., or not... Could be?
However, with regard to your diabetic son, your family is eligible for COBRA medical benefits, at least... Be sure to explore that option and costs within the next 30 days. It may be cheaper than dealing with the expenses on your own....
However you slice it up - that sucks...
Good luck...

Three Days Only
02-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Sue the bastards for wrongful termination. If it is legit and she was wronged, you got a case. There could also be more since it sounds like they were trying to cover something else up.

HighRoller
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, you could go through the trouble and time to file a lawsuit but what are you really going to gain? Payback? A few thousand dollars? If I were your wife I would do the adult thing and just move on with life. Yeah, she lost her job and it sucks but oh well. We've all lost jobs for whatever reasons, but to fixate on that situation only keeps you where you are right now instead of moving you forward. Six months from now you want to be in a better job making more money, and you can't do that by holding on to a grudge. Let it go, swallow your pride and remember that success is the best revenge!!!

coolchange
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
If the loan funded. The company has to keep either a copy package or the OG's. Most lenders/broker store them in a storage container
The loan funded. You can't just loose the docs cause you don't want to pay a 5 figure commision. Her immediate supervisor told her NOT to toss them. They felt she would be the fall guy on this some how later down the road. Here it is later and her name is all over the deposition. Normally I would just move on, but she was set up from the begining. After all the 7 am till 11 pm days she put in turning the whole dept around, bringing in new soft ware, pulling the people together, I'm out to kick some asses. T- John I may take that up.