PDA

View Full Version : Marine Radio Check - On the Water at Havasu

C-2
03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Marine Radio Check – Havasu
Hey Guys:
I am looking for a couple of peeps who can do a marine radio check, a two boat team. I'm trying to ensure we have seamless radio covergae in advance of the poker run.
I need somebody positioned at Thompson Bay; and another person at the dam, who can also stop at a few places on the return trip back up the lake.
Is there anybody going out over the next few days, or over the weekend who can help?
Just calling out radio check on a specific channel, seeing if it works at various positions throughout the lake. Handheld or hardwired is fine - in fact would like to test both if possible.
Lemme know and thanks in advance!:)

LHC30Victory
03-29-2007, 10:59 AM
I expect to be in town Monday and perhaps Tues but wont have my truck to launch the Victory.....

SummitKarl
03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I expect to be in town Monday and perhaps Tues but wont have my truck to launch the Victory.....
you got my truck:D .......and I have a bunch of radios:D

4day!!
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been wanting to do this too. I just got a handheld a few weeks ago. I wont be out there for a few more weeks. Let us know how it goes. Does anybody use/monitor radios? channel?

bohica
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
I'll be out this weekend and have a handheld VHF. Just name a channel and time. It would be nice to know if it really works. I bought it for Powell last summer, but because of the huge canyon walls, it didn't work very well. Seemed as though it only works within line of sight without a big VHF antenna.

C-2
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys - I'll be sure to get event t-shirts to whoever helps.
And LHC30VICTORY - thanks again for your relentless willigness to help. <----You guys are great!;)

C-2
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
you got my truck:D .......and I have a bunch of radios:D
>>>BIG<<< radios too, huh? As soon as I receive approval, I'll send you a PM. Thanks Karl :)
--- And thanks to everybody willing to help, keep em' coming. :)