PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Speed and Marine

desertbird
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know if Mario posts on the board? :confused: I've tried to find a website, address, etc. but I am turning up blank on the internet.
I've got a phone number: 661 644 3177, but it goes to voicemail.
I'm looking for the address, all I know is he's in Simi now.
I'd like to (and so would a few other former Teague peeps) schedule some service before the season hits and he's really busy. Good boat guys are hard to find in the SCV, and he was the reason I took things to Teague. :)
Thanks!!

Kilrtoy
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
this might help not sure
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125347

H20 Toie
03-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if Mario posts on the board? :confused: I've tried to find a website, address, etc. but I am turning up blank on the internet.
I've got a phone number: 661 644 3177, but it goes to voicemail.
I'm looking for the address, all I know is he's in Simi now.
I'd like to (and so would a few other former Teague peeps) schedule some service before the season hits and he's really busy. Good boat guys are hard to find in the SCV, and he was the reason I took things to Teague. :)
Thanks!!
thats a good number just leave a message

boater250s
03-30-2007, 01:01 PM
is that the same mario that worked at cole boats eight or nine years ago? i think i bought my cole from him.

TPI
03-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Same Mario. Mario Latka is his full name and he is one of the most honest/knowledgeable guys you will ever meet. His new place is on the Corner of Tapo st and Shopping lane on Simi Valley, just SouthEast of Los Angeles ave. I would imagine he is swamped.

Impulsive
03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Mario has recently moved his shop from Simi Valley to the Moorpark area.
The telephone number shown is accurate, but he rarely answers it live.
Sometimes he'll answer the phone late in the afternoon.
Mario just just finished a complete rebuild of my 454 Mag about a month ago.
He's a true gentlemen, a wonderful mechanic, and probably worth waiting for!
PS: I have a call into him also for some help on my son's 502 Mag!

boater250s
03-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Same Mario. Mario Latka is his full name and he is one of the most honest/knowledgeable guys you will ever meet. His new place is on the Corner of Tapo st and Shopping lane on Simi Valley, just SouthEast of Los Angeles ave. I would imagine he is swamped.
thank you gary sal

TPI
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
thank you gary sal
Sal,
Get in touch with him. If you do not, I will make sure that I tell him you are looking for him. He is one of the best guys in the marine industry,,,,,seriously.
Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hey Sal, Barbara promised me a cheescake about 8+ years ago and my mouth is still watering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I think I was supposed to come down and see you guys in person for it.:D Keep in touch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks Gary

Liquid Courage
03-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Couldn't agree more about Mario. One of the most honest, straight forth, coolest people (not to mention GREAT mechanic) I've ever met. His new shop is directly next door to Sport Trucks by Dean if you know where that is. In Moorpark not far from the 118.

boater250s
03-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Sal,
Get in touch with him. If you do not, I will make sure that I tell him you are looking for him. He is one of the best guys in the marine industry,,,,,seriously.
Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hey Sal, Barbara promised me a cheescake about 8+ years ago and my mouth is still watering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I think I was supposed to come down and see you guys in person for it.:D Keep in touch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks Gary
Gary,
Yeah I'm looking for someone to take a look at the alignment of my drive, haven't done it for awhile...yeah i do the fluids and the filters. So I will give Mario a call, I know some think it's too far but I know it will be done right. I can't believe it has been eight years since Mario sold that boat to us and you rigged it. It still looks new and only has about 225 hours on it and I can't believe what i paid for it, compared to what boats cost now, i'd like a little bit more power but who wouldn't.
Thanks again,
Sal
p.s-I don't know about the cheesecake, I'll have to talk to Barb about that.
http://i5.tinypic.com/4bq65pg.jpg

TPI
03-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Don't ever sell that boat!:D

Liquid Courage
03-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Talked to Mario today (he called me back!:D ):D I told him about this thread and about the good things people were saying. He was pleased and said he is seriously working on getting to the phone more often and appreciates peoples patience...He's just VEEEERY busy with getting the new shop up and running and getting things in motion while still wrenching on boats. It's hard to answer you cell when you're heads down in the bildge all day. He's getting a business line too so that should help.