PDA

View Full Version : Mexico hot spot vaction destinations......

NashvilleBound
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I need a reccomendation. Tell me your stories people....... Need a July destination.

stoker
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I need a reccomendation. Tell me your stories people....... Need a July destination.
Cozumel rocks!

beaverretriever
We stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar... Expensive but real nice.
Here is a thread about our trip... Good luck and enjoy.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135264&highlight=cabo

BADBLOWN572
I love both Cozumel and Puerto Vallarta.
Cozumel is not AS industrialized as other Mexico hot spots. It is some of the best diving I have ever seen. Jeaque Cousteau (?sp) has a diving preservation over there. Probably 100'+ of visibility. Beaches are great. Definitely does not have as much of a night life as Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa. There is still night life there, but that is not what it is known for.
Puerto Vallarta was awesome! Since is it on the Pacific side, the beaches are similar to the ones in CA. Nothing really impressive, but cool none the less. We stayed in Nuevo Vallarta @ Paradise Village. Real nice facility with a lot of activities. It is about a 10 minute outside of downtown Puerto Vallarta. Downtown, they had a lot of shopping and a bumping night life. The wilderness tours are really cool and so is the fishing.
I would recommend Cozumel if you are going to relax. I would recommend Puerto Vallarta if you are going to party. :)

rojo4
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Nothin like spending time at "The Office" in Cabo

Windy
03-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Nothin like spending time at "The Office" in Cabo
I agree..but in July way too hot and humid.

Angry Inch
03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Hawaii.

riverracerx
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Too hot in July but Hacienda Del Mar is the WAY to go!!!

Jordy
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Next to Tijuana and Nogales, I'll take Puerto Vallarta over Cabo any day!!! :D :D :D

RT21
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Los Angeles

Tom N
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Have been to Cancun thirteen times and always had a great time.
I have never been there during the summer, so I do not know how it is "party wise" in July.
:mad: Stay away from Mazatlan!!:mad:

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
do the carnival curise. its 7 days from LBC to Cabo, Puerto Varata and Mazatlan.. i think i spelled those right.:D anyways i went on it and had a blast!

Schiada76
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Huatulco

YeLLowBoaT
03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Los Angeles
LOL
I've been ona couple trips with the MDPA and they fly in to place that its a days travel by 4x4 to get too or fly in. Its a 1000x better then any of the "resort" towns in baja.

AZKC
03-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Next to Tijuana and Nogales, I'll take Puerto Vallarta over Cabo any day!!! :D :D :D
Nothing like a week in Nogie to get your mind relaxed, great people, cold beer, good food:D

Jordy
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Nothing like a week in Nogie to get your mind relaxed, great people, cold beer, good food:D
That's what I'm talking about. I did a week in Nogie one night back in college, at least it seemed like a week, and I'm sure we drank and ate about a weeks worth of food!!!! :D :D :D
Gotta love it when the cruise ships come in too!!! :D :D :D

KREGER
03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
I did the rivera cruz and loved it. Cabo was my favorite. I have been in Mazitlan in Late June. It is a HOT time to go. Go to Cabo in September - Octoberish. The Water is 80 degrees! Good time :)

BoatPI
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Just watch the movie "Up In Smoke", filmed in East Los. Cheap motel 6's, etc. same-same

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I did the rivera cruz and loved it. Cabo was my favorite. I have been in Mazitlan in Late June. It is a HOT time to go. Go to Cabo in September - Octoberish. The Water is 80 degrees! Good time :)
yah it gets really humid out there

acatitude
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Id stay away from cabo late august thru early october... hurricane season there

TUNNEL T
03-29-2007, 05:27 PM
anywhere you can get a cold beverage and have could possibility 's of getting laid hourly! STAY AWAY FROM TJ

h2oski2fast
03-29-2007, 05:31 PM
I heard Playa Del Carmen is the place to go. My next trip to Mexico (if there is one), will be there.

PBOCOP
03-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Cabo San Lucas !! Any of the Pueblo Bonito Resorts !! We go once a year for a week and love it !!
PBO

AZKC
03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
That's what I'm talking about. I did a week in Nogie one night back in college, at least it seemed like a week, and I'm sure we drank and ate about a weeks worth of food!!!! :D :D :D
Gotta love it when the cruise ships come in too!!! :D :D :D
You my friend live the High Life thats for sure:)

AZKC
03-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I heard Playa Del Carmen is the place to go. My next trip to Mexico (if there is one), will be there.
Yep heard that also, but the Summer is a bit on the muggy side and yes the Hurricane season is starting to kick in, but I like that kind of stuff:devil:

PHOTOGLOU
03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Went there for New Years IT IS AWESOME.... Cheap and very clean... Like a european Mexico.....

Panic Button
03-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Akumal/Tulum area. It's quite, lots of nice hotels (AI's) and good diving.
Check out Locogringo.com

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Hawaii.
Looks like Cozumel is where I need to search at... were just trying to squeeze in a week somewhere at the end of the kids summer.
Were doing an Hawaiian cruise March 08..... just got back from Peurto Rico and the Caribbean..... cool stuff just Peurto Rico is like Ensenada. Only good for a pit stop or a high end all inclusive stay.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27696&stc=1&d=1175266592
Wish this was for a gallon not liter....

OGShocker
03-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Have you ever considered FIJI? (http://www.fiji-islands.com/book-now-save-fiji-hawaii-tahiti.html):idea:

jbone
03-30-2007, 06:54 AM
I Love Puerto Vallarta!
I've stayed at both ends of the bay. Paradise Villiage on the Nuevo Vallarta side, and La Jolla De Mismaloya on the south side of the bay, plus different resorts in town. Both named resorts are all inclusive and offer deals from time to time.
The south side is way better. VERY beautiful beaches with emerald green water. Great for snorkeling. The road ends at the river by that resort, so take a water taxi farther south to some remote beaches for a great time. (las Animas is one beach I remeber) They will serve you lunch and cold Coronas from small huts on the beach. Don't be afraid to take the bus. It is very convenient and cheap.
Huatulco is great too. We honeymooned there 14 years ago. It was very nice, but just being built up then.
Cabo was okay, but not the natural beauty of the previous to places.

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Have you ever considered FIJI? (http://www.fiji-islands.com/book-now-save-fiji-hawaii-tahiti.html):idea:
Isnt that part of the Tahitian islands? We were there 18 years ago for our honeymoon....I think.... geezz...cant remember, must be getting old. Ill look into that too....thanks.

jbone
03-30-2007, 06:57 AM
here is a link.
http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en-GB/Hotels/Mexico/PuertoVallarta/LaJollaDeMismaloya/Home.htm?ls=1

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
here is a link.
http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en-GB/Hotels/Mexico/PuertoVallarta/LaJollaDeMismaloya/Home.htm?ls=1
Very nice..one more to the list;) Thx

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Sounds to me you are traveling too much!! Time to build a house or two!!! We will be back out to bug you this summer. I told Lynn to call you guys, she finaly got her license again. Hows the market?

RaceFace
03-30-2007, 07:45 AM
My buddy has a real nice condo out of San Felipe that he rents out.
http://www.laventanadelmar.com/Vacation/Rental_Condos_033.html

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh ya, I have satayed at the la jolla mis maloya or what ever you call it and it sucked. If I know your baller status you better go to St John or Antigua or hop on the southern Caribean Cruise in the penthouse suite! You are too close to all the good spots to fly way the hell over to Mexico.:D

CornWater
03-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Went there for New Years IT IS AWESOME.... Cheap and very clean... Like a european Mexico.....
I hope so... I'll be there in October for the honeymoon..
;)

roostwear
03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Moorea. I'll post pics in May :D

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh ya, I have satayed at the la jolla mis maloya or what ever you call it and it sucked. If I know your baller status you better go to St John or Antigua or hop on the southern Caribean Cruise in the penthouse suite! You are too close to all the good spots to fly way the hell over to Mexico.:D
HAHA. :| But truth be told we just got back from 7 nights on the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas in an Owners suite. Neiner. And 5 days in Puerto Rico...... Stacy wants to go back...I want something new.... well see. Markets going very nice out here. Stacy had 8 closings last month and 5 so far this month....Shes running full speed..... I just started a gated community. First one here in Murfreesboro. Just starting to turn dirt next week. 25% sold out by word of mouth. Come on back..... Lets hit the lake for a day or so.

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Moorea. I'll post pics in May :D
THAT is a BEAUTIFUL place. We hit Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora already. Honeymoon is perfect for that. But with kids it would be boring boring ;)

voodoomedman
03-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Didn't you live in San Diego until 3 years ago. What's the point in going to Mexico??? Same thing. :D
Hey if we end up deciding to be your neighbor sometime in the future do we get to tagalong on all these nice vacations you go on??????

NashvilleBound
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Didn't you live in San Diego until 3 years ago. What's the point in going to Mexico??? Same thing. :D
Hey if we end up deciding to be your neighbor sometime in the future do we get to tagalong on all these nice vacations you go on??????
LOL....surrrrreee. The more the marrier. Actually we did live in San Diego till three years ago. But Ive always wanted to see the ruins down there. Not sure yet where were headed............
You get the payyykage yet?

totenhosen
03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Cancun is cool. Make sure you get some food and drinks outside of the toursit area. Chichen Itza is a must see. Other than that I say go to Hawaii!

voodoomedman
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
LOL....surrrrreee. The more the marrier. Actually we did live in San Diego till three years ago. But Ive always wanted to see the ruins down there. Not sure yet where were headed............
You get the payyykage yet?
The San Diego thing was a joke. I was equating San Diego to pretty much being Mexico. Or at least slowly turning into it. :)
Time in Transit from your neck of the woods to mine is 4 day so I should get it on Tuesday. Thanks again soooo much. If we do it then I know it will be a few years but lately I wish I was going tomorrow.

Lavey29
03-31-2007, 01:59 AM
I would check out the palace resorts in Mexico,,,the Moon Palace in Cancun or the Vallarta Palace in Puerto Vallarta...5 star incredible resorts...

XTRM22
03-31-2007, 05:28 AM
What's up, you and Jordy got something against Naco? That's the Mexico experience I'm here to tell ya!
Chuck:D

Dan Lorenze
03-31-2007, 07:27 AM
The wife and I just booked a dive trip in Cozumel in July... Never been there, they it's nice...
Nashvillebound, You goin to the Bonaroo this year?

NashvilleBound
04-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Nashvillebound, You goin to the Bonaroo this year?
Never heard of it...........what is it?

boatnam2
04-01-2007, 08:19 AM
We are going to cabo in may,how does everyone handle there money while there?I have heard stories of even the hotel safe being robbed.Probaly just stay in the hotel most of the time and it all inclusive so i dont plan on bringing a whole bunch of money but what i do bring i dont want to lose or have it stolen.

Baja Big Dog
04-01-2007, 08:50 AM
We are going to cabo in may,how does everyone handle there money while there?I have heard stories of even the hotel safe being robbed.Probaly just stay in the hotel most of the time and it all inclusive so i dont plan on bringing a whole bunch of money but what i do bring i dont want to lose or have it stolen.
Spend it!!!! Travelers checks, check with the hotel first, most people down there wont take them. Credit cards is safe but be prepared to pay higher rates when the bill comes.
Dont exchange for peso's if your hanging around resort towns, unless your buying gas, the Pemex stations are the rip offs when they exchange.

Baja Big Dog
04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Looks like Cozumel is where I need to search at... were just trying to squeeze in a week somewhere at the end of the kids summer.
Were doing an Hawaiian cruise March 08..... just got back from Peurto Rico and the Caribbean..... cool stuff just Peurto Rico is like Ensenada. Only good for a pit stop or a high end all inclusive stay.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27696&stc=1&d=1175266592
Wish this was for a gallon not liter....
$2.70 A GAL....NOT BAD:jawdrop:

Dan Lorenze
04-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Never heard of it...........what is it?
The Bonaroo is a huge "Woodstock" syle outdoor music festival at a hay farm outside of Murphysburo TN. I'll be there in June to shoot it... :)

catman-do
04-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Anywhere in Mexico in July is going to be VERY HUMID!!! Ive been to Cancun, Mazatlan, Cabo, and Puerto Escondido. Depends on what you are looking for.
Mazatlan- SUCKS!! I will never go there again
Cabo- Nice if you want to go somewhere on a budget, everythings close, and you can party, plus its a short flight
Cancun- Beautiful, nice hotels, decent beaches (depending on what part of hotel row you are in), plenty of restaurants, clubs, shopping, misc things to do, ruins, isla mujeras. Great public transportation. Only downfall is that it can get a little on the expensive side for mexico.
Puerto- Great if you like to surf, drink cheap beer, and good taco's.

Caljamr
04-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Cabo San Lucas !! Any of the Pueblo Bonito Resorts !! We go once a year for a week and love it !!
PBO
I have a time share in Mazatlan at the Pueblo Bonito. Had a great time and the resort was awesome. It's not an all inclusive but it's nice. I swam up to the bar and told them what i wanted in a drink. Coconut rum, pineapple juice and a splash of OJ. They said name the drink so i named it CALJAMR. All week i was swimming up to the bar and calling out for a CALJAMR. People would ask what's in it and that it looked good. I would call out for four CALJAMR's for the ladies. My liquer bill was outrageous when i went to check out. :)
Also the shrimp is big in Mazatlan. Just like in Forrest Gump...you can get shrimp any way you like it.
Overall a great week. Next time i'm going to the Pueblo Bonito in Cabo.