PDA

View Full Version : staying at lake powell

blownmirage
03-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I know this subject has came up before, but have not looked in a while. We will be coming to stay at Havasu for 5 days in August and looking at 2 more days in Lake Powell, where to stay at Powell is the question, has anybody stayed at Lake Powell resorts and marina Wahweap? Is this where to stay and launch boat or is there somewhere else?
thanks is advance
Larry

ToMorrow44
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
The last time I was at Powell was probably 5 years ago, but when we went we stayed in the neighboring town of Page, AZ about 5 mins from Wahweap in the Best Western which has 3-bedroom suites that are nice. We kept the boat in the water at Wahweap and the trailer too but drove back and forth and worked out pretty well. We were also there for a week at a time so that's why the suite was nice. Never stayed at the resorts at the marina though, so this is just my experience.
-Tom

phebus
03-30-2007, 05:47 AM
I know this subject has came up before, but have not looked in a while. We will be coming to stay at Havasu for 5 days in August and looking at 2 more days in Lake Powell, where to stay at Powell is the question, has anybody stayed at Lake Powell resorts and marina Wahweap? Is this where to stay and launch boat or is there somewhere else?
thanks is advance
Larry
We have stayed there many times, and we've always been happy. Nice place with a lot of conveniences, with the slips, restaurants, bar, etc.

Wild Horses
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Sleep on the boat in your own private cove or take a tent and shack up.:eek:
I personally think this is the only way to go, you have no time schedule to follow like trying to get back before dark. Find a cove and your home!:D

blownmirage
03-30-2007, 07:54 AM
I forgot to mention that we will be in our motorhome, has anyone stayed in the campground there?

scarabrick2
03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Go to the marina @ waweep(sp) they have camp sites and hotel,rest,pool,fun stuff. Once your parked you walk everywhere. We got a slip for the 270 Hallett and it was perfect. Bring your check book as fuel I'm sure is big $. did a 120 mile run 1 long day. 60 miles up and 60 miles back(gps'd). Had a great time. keep your fuel level full. start everyday with a FULL TANK.

BajaMike
03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
thanks is advance
Larry
By the way, do you know it's a hell of a long drive from Lake Havasu to Lake Powell, I show 350 miles, and about half of it is 2 lane highway......
:idea:

Tremor Therapy
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Most of what everyone has stated is good info. We stayed at the resort and it was a great place, but next time we will stay in Page. And just one more thing, I might switch my time in each spot. I have been to Havasu more times than I can count, and to Powell just twice. But if Powell were closer, I'd never go to Havasu again!

WYRD
03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Sleep on the boat in your own private cove or take a tent and shack up.:eek:
I personally think this is the only way to go, you have no time schedule to follow like trying to get back before dark. Find a cove and your home!:D
I will let you know if I agree with this after September:D

Wild Horses
03-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I will let you know if I agree with this after September:D
You will learn young grasshopper!!:D :D

I DIG IT !
03-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Dude powell is the shit!!!!! Been going there for years. My older bro has a sweet houseboat there and he gos every year. Im lucky if I go every two to three years. Havi is fun with all the boats and people. But noting beats powell. Other than that your boat will run really fat there. I think that is at or over 4000 feet. Havi is like 400 feet. Big diffrence in proformance.

NdaWind
03-31-2007, 03:22 PM
We have stayed at the campground with our 41' DP and had no problems. Very clean restrooms, very few trees but then you get a good view of part of the lake, full hook ups and easy in and out pull through if you need. It is very close to the resort, restraunt and ramp. Best thing to do is rent a slip for your boat overnight. I'd make reservation for both slip and camp site quick as they fill up fast. There is also another primative campsite where you can camp right at the waters edge. No hookups and no marked sites just pick your spot. Not sure if they charge for that now or not. It is also in Wawheep bay over by Lone Rock