PDA

View Full Version : Got my boat checked for mussels today

DILLIGAF
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
at the check point leaving Havasu on the 40. Only took about 1 minute to do. They run their hand down the hull and see if any are attached. Other than that nothing. He was cool as I told him I only brought it to LHC for service and it never went in the water. Said his boss was watching so he had to do it. This is going to cause some backups on Sundays.....They have no special lane or anything like that. I could have avoided the checkpoint and took Topock to BHC but I wanted to see exactly what they are doing.

Lavey29
03-30-2007, 10:27 PM
I got checked the same way coming back last Thursday. Only took about a minute and they documented where I was coming from and my destination. Glad I did not have any crabs or clams or anything else they were looking for.

burtandnancy2
03-31-2007, 07:44 AM
When stopped at Yermo, they had 3 inspectors, one even taking pictures. Only took a few minutes, they were polite, but I don't think the line behind me was real happy. Looks like all the Ag stations are reopened again. Wonder what all those people have been doing for the last few months, while getting paid...

GRUNION
03-31-2007, 07:52 AM
at the check point leaving Havasu on the 40. Only took about 1 minute to do. They run their hand down the hull and see if any are attached. Other than that nothing. He was cool as I told him I only brought it to LHC for service and it never went in the water. Said his boss was watching so he had to do it. This is going to cause some backups on Sundays.....They have no special lane or anything like that. I could have avoided the checkpoint and took Topock to BHC but I wanted to see exactly what they are doing.
Sorry this might be dumb but what the hell are they and why would they be on your boat from havi?

DILLIGAF
03-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Sorry this might be dumb but what the hell are they and why would they be on your boat from havi?
It is the mussel invasion of the CO RIV waterways. Search and you will find some threads on it. basically they are checking boats entering CA from the Colorado River areas.

HCS
03-31-2007, 07:54 AM
See the mussle thread.

hoolign
03-31-2007, 08:38 AM
See the mussle thread.
Not aharons thread either!:D

Jordy
03-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Glad I did not have any crabs or clams or anything else they were looking for.
See a doctor and get it cleared up!!! :D :D :D

gigamurph
03-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Not aharons thread either!:DScares da gig that ya remember aharon hooli! Or is he back? Been gone awhile.
:D

gigamurph
03-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Sorry this might be dumb but what the hell are they and why would they be on your boat from havi?Supposedly every registered boat owner in CA got a letter on this subject. Apparently they don't care if y'all from AZ have muscles; I mean mussels.
:D Pain in the butt; but a situation that needs to be handled.

topless
03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Scares da gig that ya remember aharon hooli! Or is he back? Been gone awhile.
:DAharon has been scary for years and it's not surprising that holli remembers. He actually wanted a little "push".:D

Havasu Sun
03-31-2007, 10:31 AM
has anyone seen or heard of a boat from havasu that had the little sh*ts attached?

Boatcop
03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
has anyone seen or heard of a boat from havasu that had the little sh*ts attached?
While there probably won't be very many attached, the microscopic larvae can be in bilge water, live wells, baitwells, etc. That's what they're primarily looking for.

burtandnancy2
03-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Boatcop, I hope they can't live in my oil filled bilge! If so, they're pretty tough little bastards. So far though, no inspector has looked inside any of the boats I've taken thru, just the exterior. What are the pictures for, do you know?