PDA

View Full Version : Front license plate

Blown 33 Daytona
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
So who has them? I got a parking ticket for no front plate tonight and was suprised because my dad has never had one as long as i could remember and i havn't had one for the 3 years i have been driving. On the way home i was looking to see how many cars had a front plate and a suprsing number didn't. Whatever i guess i'll just pay the 25 dollors

RiverDave
03-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Did I miss something or did you say the words "3 years of driving" and your screen name is "Blown 33 Daytona" ???
Your 19 and have a blown 33 Daytona?
Incidentally, most everyone I know doesn't have front plates on their vehicles.. Not sure why? I don't have one on mine, but it's not some political statement or anything.. Just never put one on.
Welcome to ***boat by the way.
RD

wolfie
03-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Two of our four cars have them. Have them on the truck & the son's Elky. Don't have them on the Bronco or the magnum. So far so good.

LHC30Victory
03-31-2007, 04:57 AM
all of ours have them but that aside I cant believe you got a ticket for it!!!
We use that for cause to stop people and find out what they're up to but never write the ticket so we can stop them again later to check up on those who need checking :idea: :eek: :D

shadow
03-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Not required here in AZ.
Another plus to living in Havasu,plus the beer always tastes better in Havasu.;)

Wet Dream
03-31-2007, 06:24 AM
If you really want to save the $25 on a chicken shit ticket, go to the issuing police department with a Polaroid or digital camera and take photos of all the vehicles in their lot that don't have a front plate. Go to them and say that you are going to pay this, but you want all the vehicles in the lot also cited. Polariods work great for this because you have a hard copy of the violations, and they'll usually find a way to get rid of your citation. In those photos, you'll have plenty of employee vehicles in question. Or, take the photos and get a court date, or pay the stinkng $25. If you have a blown 33' Daytona, quit wasting our time and pissing about $25.

framer1
03-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Not required here in AZ.
Another plus to living in Havasu,plus the beer always tastes better in Havasu.;)
True about the beer:) Also the weather always nicer.

shadow
03-31-2007, 06:33 AM
True about the beer:) Also the weather always nicer.
How would you know,do remember howto get to Havasu?:D

blown dough
03-31-2007, 06:34 AM
None of cars have front license plates

framer1
03-31-2007, 06:42 AM
How would you know,do remember howto get to Havasu?:D
No but I did start up my boat in the driveway last weekend. That's been the highlight of my week:D I'm old but I can still sort of remember how good the beer tasted on the water. I'm sure i'll make over there one of these days.

ratso
03-31-2007, 06:43 AM
I've never run them. Now it isn't a problem but I run dealer plates on everything.

shadow
03-31-2007, 06:43 AM
No but I did start up my boat in the driveway last weekend. That's been the highlight of my week:D I'm old but I can still sort of remember how good the beer tasted on the water. I'm sure i'll make over there one of these days.
Come on down anytime,Trailer is going to Crazy Horse next weekend.

blown dough
03-31-2007, 06:50 AM
I've never run them. Now it isn't a problem but I run dealer plates on everything.
Exactly!!! We do throw them on the truck when doing the Havi run, one less thing they can write us for.

termiteguy
03-31-2007, 06:55 AM
dont have them on any of the cars the wife got a ticket yesterday morning for not having one :( now i may have to put hols in the bumper to in stall one

superdave013
03-31-2007, 07:02 AM
We use that for cause to stop people and find out what they're up to but never write the ticket so we can stop them again later to check up on those who need checking :idea: :eek: :D
DING DING DING DING!!!
That right there is enough reason to have one.

RitcheyRch
03-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Only one of my five vehicles doesnt have a front plate.

RiverToysJas
03-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Never have consistently run the front plate on any of our cars or trucks.
Do NOT go to LAX w/o a front plate. They will nail you every time. We learned. I was stopped and cited while being dropped off, and the wife was stopped again in the same vehicle while picking me up a week later. She wasn't cited because the first ticket was still in the car. Now I always put them on for airport runs.
Other than that, I've been cited for it two other times. Once in High School (very low Bug got lots of fix-it tickets in the mid-80's - but only once for the plate), and once in Huntington Beach because they had a fix-it ticket check-point set up on main street. Wife's never even been cited. So total...7 cars, two drivers, and over 45 combined years of driving in So Cal, we've paid a total $30 in front plate fix-it tickets and been pulled over 4 times for it.
RTJas :D

roostwear
03-31-2007, 07:45 AM
The only car I have one on is the roadster. I don't want to get stopped for no front plate on that car. If they did stop me, they might notice the zoomies, slicks, and no fenders and write me for that too.

Taylor923
03-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Be careful ratso, I got stopped for pulling a trailer with dealer plates a couple of months ago. Did not know it was illegal, I have been doing it for 10 years with no problems. I have scince registered my Suburban so it won't happen again.

Racey
03-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Had one untill a gravel truck threw a tread and ripped it off a couple years ago, never bothered with trying to get a new one from dmv, f that hassle. The cops will only usually ticket you for that if they are being a dick or looking for a reason to bust you.

STLRFAN
03-31-2007, 09:12 AM
I haven't had one on my truck for years, I keep it in my truck just in case. I guess I'm just to damn lazy to put it on. Plus it looks like shit with a front plate.

H20Advantage
03-31-2007, 09:27 AM
They are stepping up enforcement due to the increase of red light camera and toll road violators.

Moneypitt
03-31-2007, 09:29 AM
DING DING DING DING!!!
That right there is enough reason to have one.
Yep, it is called probable cause to stop the vehicle, also applies to tint, license plate light, ALL original tail lights, stuff hanging from the rear view mirror, 3 lower center trailer lights if the trailer is over XXX inches wide, or a small crack in the windshield. (it is the officers judgement if the chip is a chip or a crack). Once the officer stops you, all is fair game, even the deadly weapon, you call a baseball bat, under the seat. Had 2 beers, you're fair game for the DUI routine, all because of some little nick in the armour of the 4th amendment, probable cause........... MP

al cole'holic
03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
...I don't have em, and am seriously considering tinting my front windshield :)

DeltaSigBoater
03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Be careful ratso, I got stopped for pulling a trailer with dealer plates a couple of months ago. Did not know it was illegal, I have been doing it for 10 years with no problems. I have scince registered my Suburban so it won't happen again.
You got poped because the trailer had dealer plates? Thats unheard of.

burtandnancy2
03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I've had two cars that absolutely look hidious with a front plate; a Chrysler 300M and my new MB CLS550. But my home town now has a few new cameras on some intersections and I'm pushing my luck here...

Chipster27
03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Never have consistently run the front plate on any of our cars or trucks.
Do NOT go to LAX w/o a front plate. They will nail you every time. RTJas :D
Got popped for that 2 weeks ago when I parked at LAX. Heading to LAX tonight and will have the plate duct taped to the front of the truck :D

ElimJimsOtherHalf
03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
1) Got a speeding ticket on one, he added the 'no plate' fine also
2) Police went through all cars in Riverside LaSierra Metrolink parking lot just last Thurs, and ticketed everyone with no front plate or out of date registration...I've been parking there 3 years without a plate till now...$50

vdrive502
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't think someone who can't spell dollars right owns a 33ft daytona but I could be wrong!

Moneypitt
03-31-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't think someone who can't spell dollars right owns a 33ft daytona but I could be wrong!
Probably has direct deposit, and automatic boat payment deductions to the bank, so he never sees what a "dollor" looks like..........MP

RiverToysJas
04-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Got popped for that 2 weeks ago when I parked at LAX. Heading to LAX tonight and will have the plate duct taped to the front of the truck :D
Yeah that's the other thing, they will nail you if you're parked in Long Term w/o a front plate too. Easy money for the motor cops. :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

Baja Big Dog
04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
All my cop buddies love the "no front plate" look. They think its way cool....most of the DUI's they give are for no front plate, or no lic plate light!!!
Beware at the borger crossings, they are getting pissed with no plates, too much work for the agent to go to the back of the car/truck to get the lic number.

Biglue
04-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I actually put my front plate on with my new truck. I'm just going to avoid the hassle of getting pulled over.
While we're on the subject, has anyone ever seen some sort of mouting deal for the LP? On the Chevy HD's the LP's look like shit.

MudPumper
04-01-2007, 11:43 AM
You guys kill me. :D Put both plates on your car, it's the law. Also, It's an equipment cite, show proof of correction and the fine is only $10. :D

Taylor923
04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
You got poped because the trailer had dealer plates? Thats unheard of.
No, sorry it sounded like that, my Suburban had dealer plates. In Texas you can't pull a trailer with a vehicle running dealer plates.

Blown 33 Daytona
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I guess i should explain. I am 18 and i don't have a blown 33 daytona. Thats just always been my dream boat and i made the name a while ago. I've been stopped a couple of times and they ask about the tinted front windows and no mud flaps but never say anything about no front plate. I always figured that it would be a fix it ticket not a parking ticket. I don't like the look of the truck with a front plate. Its a 1500hd. I'm thinking about writing a letter saying it fell off in the car wash and it was sitting on the dash.... what do you think?

Mr. C
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Got pulled over last saturday, they actually had to make a u turn and followed me into a store parking lot, called me over and gave me shit. I told them i have it in the back of the car and they said(with an attitude of course) well you better get it put on. I said no problem i can do that. Then i asked them how come when i call you guys it takes 2-3 hours for you to show up(always to busy) but you have time to **** with me on a front liscense plate. Just a smirk from both of them. Gee i wonder why we have certain opinions of some LE.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I have a Camaro, so there is no bracket for the front license plate. I know it's only a matter of time before I get popped.

grads2112
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
I just got a ticket for no front plate yesterday. The Viper has no mounting brackets, no holes, no anything to mount the plate and when I asked the cop how he expected me to do it he said "that's going to be a tough one, here's the ticket, have a nice day". I guess I'll tie strap it, get it signed off and take it off once again. It probably didn't help me that the one plate that was on the car says "65 OFICR".

ratso
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
No, sorry it sounded like that, my Suburban had dealer plates. In Texas you can't pull a trailer with a vehicle running dealer plates.
Wow... I'm gonna check up on that.:jawdrop:
Heck, we have dealer licenses for autos, boats, trailers, and motorcycles, and been pulling with plates for years. I'll call my bud with the local auto auction and see what the deal is or if he has heard of that one. Funny because nothing gets by him or my secretary who handles all this stuff for me...:jawdrop:

superdave013
04-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Got pulled over last saturday, they actually had to make a u turn and followed me into a store parking lot, called me over and gave me shit. I told them i have it in the back of the car and they said(with an attitude of course) well you better get it put on. I said no problem i can do that. Then i asked them how come when i call you guys it takes 2-3 hours for you to show up(always to busy) but you have time to **** with me on a front liscense plate. Just a smirk from both of them. Gee i wonder why we have certain opinions of some LE.
Yeah, I smarted off to a cop like that once. lol
He got out and wrote me fix it tickets for any and everything.
The small crack in the windshield cost me. But not as much as the one for low tire tread. Had to buy 4 new 33" skins because I was the smartass.

Mr. C
04-04-2007, 10:14 AM
nothing else wrong with car, well at least when the front windows are down you can't tell the are tinted.:D
Who knows maybe they were picked on in school now they have a badge and a gun, oh well you know where i'm going with that.
Yeah, I smarted off to a cop like that once. lol
He got out and wrote me fix it tickets for any and everything.
The small crack in the windshield cost me. But not as much as the one for low tire tread. Had to buy 4 new 33" skins because I was the smartass.

dumbandyoung
04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I dont have one on the front, I think its looks dumb. I used keep dealer plates on as long as possible so I can avoid the camera tickets. Then I saw somebody get T-boned running a red light so I took off the dealer plates and put my dmv plate and stopped running red lights. Now I obey they law (a little more), I guess its there for a reason. lol :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2007, 10:25 AM
MY FRONT PLATE WAS A FIX IT TICKET.. i DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY.. i JUST HAD THE PLATE IN MY WINDOW AND THEY SAID i WAS GOOD TO GO. ooops.. sorry not yelling.:D