PDA

View Full Version : Boat service in Havasu

Daddy_G
04-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I need to get my annual service done in Havasu this week (496 with I/O)
I was happy with the service and quick turn around by Absolute last year but they seem kind of high $...
Any referrals? :idea:
Thanks

phebus
04-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Prestige
Absolute
Savage
Alco

voodoomedman
04-02-2007, 08:27 AM
I was happy with the service and quick turn around by Absolute last year but they seem kind of high $...
Thanks
You get what you pay for. Seriously. Actually check around on pricing and they are in the ballpark. Maybe on the higher end but you can be confident that they do everything. Even service the trailer and wash down the outside of the boat before you pick it up. Some places might be cheaper but just change your oil. Oh yeah and if you have a tiny problem over the summer and stop by the shop on your way back from the ramp and they are busy.... They will stop what they are doing and help you get back on the water and won't ask for a cent. Maybe a 6 pack of beer. I payed a bit for my service and to unclog my low water pickups a couple months ago but it more than paid for that and the 3 or 4 times I stopped in there for free last summer.

bear down
04-02-2007, 08:43 AM
You get what you pay for. Seriously. Actually check around on pricing and they are in the ballpark. Maybe on the higher end but you can be confident that they do everything. Even service the trailer and wash down the outside of the boat before you pick it up. Some places might be cheaper but just change your oil. Oh yeah and if you have a tiny problem over the summer and stop by the shop on your way back from the ramp and they are busy.... They will stop what they are doing and help you get back on the water and won't ask for a cent. Maybe a 6 pack of beer. I payed a bit for my service and to unclog my low water pickups a couple months ago but it more than paid for that and the 3 or 4 times I stopped in there for free last summer.
Very true....I just had my boat serviced at Savage..they picked up and put my boat back in my garage. My wallet screamed when I had to pay them, but when I went to Havasu this weekend and saw the receipt and all the stuff they did to the boat and trailer, it did not hurt at all. It's a once a year service and should be done right.

Kiddunot
04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
go see jim at chongs rv and marine....he is a good guy and very reasonable.

dirty old man
04-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Lakeland

DMOORE
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks
I just started a thread about the service at Absolute. They were great. I had BOTH of my motors and drives serviced(drives pulled) and EVERYTHING done. less than $1500 bucks and that included a bunch of other things. VERY reasonable to me. AND a great piece-of-mind.
Darrell.

Vitus
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Go see Chris @ JC Marine! Real good guy that does excellent work!
928-505-5252

Daddy_G
04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the quick tips everyone!
I called pretty much everybody and the only guys who could squeeze me in this week (I need it done by Friday for my BUYER!!!!) was Prestige.
Don't want to jinx it - but it looks like the Cheetah is sold.
I appreciate the help.:)

phebus
04-02-2007, 07:11 PM
You will be more than happy with the service you recieve from Prestige. Great shop, great customer service.

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
You will be more than happy with the service you recieve from Prestige. Great shop, great customer service.
what he said :D

Havasu1
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Cambels has always done a good job for me on a 496 and a 496 Ho. They never try to upsell you and the customer service is number 1. Also, they have a big secured lot so they don't push you to hurry up and pick up your boat.

lalhc
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Go see Chris @ JC Marine! Real good guy that does excellent work!
928-505-5252
I have been using JC Marine for the past 3 years. I am very pleased w/their service.

little rowe boat
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
How about a #.
Thanks.
Jeff.

Daddy_G
04-04-2007, 06:23 AM
How about a #.
Thanks.
Jeff.
928-680-3344 - I talked to a real nice guy named "Chris" who is squeezing me in this Thursday so I may complete the sale of my boat on Friday.
Mention you were referred by Rick (Phebus) on ***boat.com - they're buds.

Daddy_G
04-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks, once I mentined you referred me, he slipped me right in - very cool!

Keith E. Sayre
04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Because he's too humble to brag, Chris Hamlin who owns
Prestige Marine just passed all the Mercruiser tests last week so he is now certified. He came from California where
he was the service manager at one of the biggest Mercedes
dealers in the world. Now I don't know what any of that means but it sounds credible!
He's a great guy and his wife who really runs the show won't hurt your eyes either! All those others mentioned
in this thread are all good people too. Everyone of them.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

dicudmore
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Prestige Marine just passed all the Mercruiser tests last week so he is now certified. He came from California where
dealers in the world. Now I don't know what any of that means but it sounds credible!
He's a great guy and his wife who really runs the show won't hurt your eyes either! All those others mentioned
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
come on Sayre get your info straight--he was team leader not service manager...you're correct on the rest, especially the Jen part :wink:

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
Yeah, he was with Fletcher Jones MB.
And now the rest of the story...
Chris was extremely nice, informative and efficient.
He had me out by Thursday (same day) mid afternoon.
His price was very fair and, yes his gal is sweet too.
I think he may be my new guy - when I get another boat that is.:confused: