PDA

View Full Version : Larry Dixon Fire

Taylorman
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Was leaving the races yesterday in Houston and Larry Dixon's bus was on fire. What i found unbelievable was the NHRA safety safari went to the fire and did not have the equipment to put out the fire. They had to call the local fire dept to come put it out. We left before the fire was out and as we were walking down the road to our vehicle, the fire truck got there. I'd say it took the fire truck about 20 min to get to the fire. I can't believe NHRA did not have a fire truck on standby for the race. Thank god it did not spread cause nitro im sure would make a big boom.

Strip Poker 388
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Was leaving the races yesterday in Houston and Larry Dixon's bus was on fire. What i found unbelievable was the NHRA safety safari went to the fire and did not have the equipment to put out the fire. They had to call the local fire dept to come put it out. We left before the fire was out and as we were walking down the road to our vehicle, the fire truck got there. I'd say it took the fire truck about 20 min to get to the fire. I can't believe NHRA did not have a fire truck on standby for the race. Thank god it did not spread cause nitro I'm sure would make a big boom.
seen the same type thing happen at Hub City strip in Hatisburg, A 70 Nova caught fire going down the track.They didn't have the equipment to put it out, I asked the track guy did they call the fire dept , they said no that they would be liable if they did. The car burned to the ground before the fire dept got there. Lucky the guy got out,Thats my only fear burning to death inside the car as everybody watches:jawdrop:
Also was there awhile back a guy was in a bad wreck there pined in the car and the ambulance driver said she wasn't experienced enough to get him out to take him to the hospital. They had to call another ambulance.
Rob:D