PDA

View Full Version : Water marks on black paint revisited

gramps
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought I'd pass on an update on the black paint & hard water stains post that I started a few days back. First we did the vinegar solution........didn't work, next we went the clay bar route.........nope...........About that time MAGIC34 (Mike) got in touch with me and was going to send me "something" that should do the trick. UPS got her today with a bottle Dri Wash Oxygone. Before I gave it to the neighbors to try on the black paint I thought I'd give it a shot on my 15 year old boat. Most of my horizontal surfaces on my boat (red metalflake) have varying degrees of oxidation. In the past year I have gone through the Maguire’s route of different compounds and a buffer with no luck. Next I took the boat to the detail shop ..........Again no luck. I hit it with the Oxgone and BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! The stuff WORKS and without very much rubbing at all. I just got back from the neighbors after trying it on the black paint and AGAIN it worked. As soon as the weather gets warm enough here at home and I know it's not going to freeze at night (I'm in the mountains) my boat is coming out of the barn and it's going to get all of the horizontal surfaces done in with the Oxygone. If any of you have any paint & spot problems you gotta use this stuff, it's GREAT!!!!!

ChumpChange
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Haven't used the Oxygone yet but all the other stuff I've used from him is AWESOME. Good to hear about the success.

riverbound
04-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I used his stuff once and it worked VERY well.

Magic34
04-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words Steve, glad it worked out.
You 2 other guys... Thank you too :D

Ziggy
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
We used DWNG back in the days when the bottles were still avocado green and white on our car lot...Its a product that worked back then too and likely has improved since then. In a mass use situation it wasn't quite as convenient(time efficient) as just spraying down and chamoising the many cars.
I started using the spray wax on my boat last summer and am very pleased and will continue to do so.

SOCALDETAIL1
04-02-2007, 11:46 PM
You took it to the detail shop and they couldnt get them out? Detail shop or car wash? I cannot see anyone in the business that Doesn't know how to remove waterspots? Thats like taking a car to Jiffy Lube and them not knowing how to take off the filter?????????:confused:

Magic34
04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
You took it to the detail shop and they couldnt get them out? Detail shop or car wash? I cannot see anyone in the business that Doesn't know how to remove waterspots? Thats like taking a car to Jiffy Lube and them not knowing how to take off the filter?????????:confused:
I think he was talking about the boat in regards to the detail shop.
There are 2 stories in that post. :)

gramps
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM
It was the boat (with the oxidation) that went to the detail shop. It came out of there with the same amount of oxidation that it went in with........

SOCALDETAIL1
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
It was the boat (with the oxidation) that went to the detail shop. It came out of there with the same amount of oxidation that it went in with........
Yea when there that oxidized its better to spend the extra cash to have it colorsanded. Also most detailers are car detailers and don't realize that gel is a resin and dries out if the right waxes are not used. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. Mark