PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Time Already!

Concept1
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Well after alot of advice, talking to different people about motors, boats, upgrades etc, ive finally decided to just get something new. I know for sure that my boat is nice but it just isnt going to fit what i want anymore. Ive been talking to DCB, and Americal offshore today and ill be calling some others tomorrw to narrow down the search. I AM gong to shop around this time and research everything this time. Looking for 30 ft and bigger cats with probably ilmor 625's or something comparable. Let the quest to sell my boat and get in debt up to my eyeballs begin!!!!:D

Kilrtoy
04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
wHY NOT TRY THE MERC 700'S THOSE THING RIP.....

MR.rvrluvr
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't know you but didn't you just buy that NEXT...
Wow......Balller:D :D
And I wonder how I am gonna pay the high gas prices..:( :( :devil: :) :D

squirt'nmyload
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
good luck...........and take your time, it's not like you'll be cruising around in a turd till you get something new :D

3 daytona`s
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
wHY NOT TRY THE MERC 700'S THOSE THING RIP.....
Kilr,if we are going for RIP how about the new Merc 850 or 1075?

Kilrtoy
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Kilr,if we are going for RIP how about the new Merc 850 or 1075?
Well then how about these 1200 HP bad boys
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/8612.jpg

3 daytona`s
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Well then how about these 1200 HP bad boys
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/8612.jpg
Just reading the article of the decision by Mercury Marine to continue to be #1 in every phase of marine power. Just takes Money. Kirl you know as well as I there is always a tougher,meaner,faster guy on the block. There gets to be a point you kick back have a toddie and say you are cool. But I`m happy and satisfied,do you think?:)

Concept1
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Ive been weighing all of this out in my head, bigger motors are going to be around 40K or so. I think I just want something bigger and more performance set up then a party boat. I love the boat dont get me wrong, but after a motor ill be into it for 170K. Im just gonna take that 40K that i would spend on the motor and use it as a down payment and have my payment go up a little bit. I am going to be VERY careful this time though, i already have a quote from DCB and im gonna wait and try a couple others to see what will be the best for me. Reguradless its going to be for next season so I have some time to look and sell my boat. Im not opposed to getting something slightle used either I guess my journey will take me where i need to go.

EAZYKILLER2006
04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know you but didn't you just buy that NEXT...
Wow......Balller:D :D
And I wonder how I am gonna pay the high gas prices..:( :( :devil: :) :D
thats what i was thinking...what they said...

3 daytona`s
04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Ive been weighing all of this out in my head, bigger motors are going to be around 40K or so. I think I just want something bigger and more performance set up then a party boat. I love the boat dont get me wrong, but after a motor ill be into it for 170K. Im just gonna take that 40K that i would spend on the motor and use it as a down payment and have my payment go up a little bit. I am going to be VERY careful this time though, i already have a quote from DCB and im gonna wait and try a couple others to see what will be the best for me. Reguradless its going to be for next season so I have some time to look and sell my boat. Im not opposed to getting something slightle used either I guess my journey will take me where i need to go.
I want to ask is it a priority to be a "NEW" boat? I do not care how much money I had,I would consider looking at beautiful,clean,almost perfect performance boat. I understand there are people who will not do "pre owned" /used boats but may wish to step back and look at the big picture and how much could save and achive by a pre owned boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Might want to give Spectre a look as well. Andy01's old boat(Dicudmores current boat) is nothing short of spectacular.....

Concept1
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Might want to give Spectre a look as well. Andy01's old boat(Dicudmores current boat) is nothing short of spectacular.....
I just looked at the Spectre site, it does look promising. Ill email them and call to see about pricing.

Concept1
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I want to ask is it a priority to be a "NEW" boat? I do not care how much money I had,I would consider looking at beautiful,clean,almost perfect performance boat. I understand there are people who will not do "pre owned" /used boats but may wish to step back and look at the big picture and how much could save and achive by a pre owned boat.
Its not a bad question at all, in my last post I said that im not opposed to it, I just like new things. If something really close to new like mine comes across Ill look at it. Also usually new boats are alot cheaper interest and ill be financing alot of this one after losing alot on my current one..

Kilrtoy
04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I just looked at the Spectre site, it does look promising. Ill email them and call to see about pricing.
watch out for the Dolphins in that boat, you may not like them

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Might want to give Spectre a look as well.
I was over at SC Performance on Friday of last week. Got a chance to check out the Spectres. If I was in the market for a big boat, I would very seriously look at the 32 Spectre. :) I have talked to a couple of owners and they say that they are awesome boats and run great. They haul ass too with a pair of I/O's and outboards. :) I know of one that is going to be coming out in the next couple of months that is going to make a lot of people pay attention. ;) :devil:
Not in the 32. The 30 and the 36 yes, the 32 no.

andy01
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
How much does the 32' porpoise? How much does your 26' porpoise?
Andy

Concept1
04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Thats why im asking alot of questions this time man. What does that mean?

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I was over at SC Performance on Friday of last week. Got a chance to check out the Spectres. If I was in the market for a big boat, I would very seriously look at the 32 Spectre. :) I have talked to a couple of owners and they say that they are awesome boats and run great. They haul ass too with a pair of I/O's and outboards. :) I know of one that is going to be coming out in the next couple of months that is going to make a lot of people pay attention. ;) :devil:
Not in the 32. The 30 and the 36 yes, the 32 no.
what he said...32 does not porpoise at any speed from what I hear of it :D

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Thats why im asking alot of questions this time man. What does that mean?
he's talking about the mid-speed porpoise of the 30 and 36' Spectres...the 32 has NO porpoise :cool:

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks, I kinda like it :D

Concept1
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Sweet the 32 is what im going to call about. Whats the prices on these because they are bigger. The DCB is 300K with an open bow,all the options that I want with twin 625 ilmors. I want to stay around that number if at all possible.

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Sweet the 32 is what im going to call about. Whats the prices on these because they are bigger. The DCB is 300K with an open bow,all the options that I want with twin 625 ilmors. I want to stay around that number if at all possible.
Equipped with the same power, they will be less than the DCB. The Spectre is built as a bullet proof boat capable of running offshore. There is not a lot of "bling" in the boats, but they work EXCELLENT and can handle the rough stuff all day long. They are very well equipped, but not flashy. DCB's have a lot more "bling" to them.

Phat Matt
04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
One of these are getting built right now with a pair of OB's. Of course you could get vipers too if you wanted.
http://www.eticketboats.com/RC-28/rc28_gallery/images/19.jpg

phebus
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Equipped with the same power, they will be less than the DCB. The Spectre is built as a bullet proof boat capable of running offshore. There is not a lot of "bling" in the boats, but they work EXCELLENT and can handle the rough stuff all day long. They are very well equipped, but not flashy. DCB's have a lot more "bling" to them.
Channel jewelry :D

eliminated1
04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
What Up Mike , Bubba Here Check Out Some Of The Used Dcb's In The Spam Some Sweet Ones In There . Call Me About The Cards Tommorow If You Get Time Ive Been Selling Lots The Past Week!

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
One of these are getting built right now with a pair of OB's. Of course you could get vipers too if you wanted.
http://www.eticketboats.com/RC-28/rc28_gallery/images/19.jpg
I am really surprised that you do not see more E-ticket cats out there. I think that they are one of the best looking boats out on the market and appear to run with the best of them. :)

Phat Matt
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
I am really surprised that you do not see more E-ticket cats out there. I think that they are one of the best looking boats out on the market and appear to run with the best of them. :)
It will be cool to see how the OB boat runs. I think it is in the mold now if it hasn't been popped yet. It should be done around June.

vmjtc3
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I can attest to dicudmore's old/my new spectre being nothing short of spectacular!! :D

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
It will be cool to see how the OB boat runs. I think it is in the mold now if it hasn't been popped yet. It should be done around June.
that will be cool to see :D

phebus
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Will it be running the new 300's?

Phat Matt
04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Will it be running the new 300's?
You know, I just assumed it would, but I'll ask him for sure.

ULTRA26 # 1
04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
I can attest to dicudmore's old/my new spectre being nothing short of spectacular!! :D
Dan,,,, ???? Are you taking a break?
John M

Concept1
04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
What Up Mike , Bubba Here Check Out Some Of The Used Dcb's In The Spam Some Sweet Ones In There . Call Me About The Cards Tommorow If You Get Time Ive Been Selling Lots The Past Week!
Yo Mike yea i need to get on that, damn ive been slacking so bad on those, but its for goos cause, Ive been going OUT OF MY MIND on 3 different deals that all need to be nursed. My new house is almost ready for C of O, my land deal is just taking forever and the lender wants everything under hte sun from me to get it through, and I have 1 house in escrow that is hanging on by a thread so im having to get those buyers ANYTHING I can to help out and close that damn place! Im hoping all have some extra time next week, ive talked about them to a couple different people but havent pushed them like we all know I can. I have a new BAD ASS boat coming so I need some $$$ to support this habit!!! :D :eek:

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Dan,,,, ???? Are you taking a break?
John M
haha just trying to get vmjtc3 to take over the payment so I don't have to pay for it, but still get to run it :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
04-02-2007, 09:46 PM
haha just trying to get vmjtc3 to take over the payment so I don't have to pay for it, but still get to run it :D :D
Cool. Sure is a nice boat and those twins sing real nice too. I love that sound.
:)
JM

dicudmore
04-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Cool. Sure is a nice boat and those twins sing real nice too. I love that sound.
:)
JM
me too--lots of fun :D I can't wait to see the first Shadow with O/B's :cool:

40FlatDeck
04-03-2007, 07:56 AM
I think it was said before but you need to go talk to Scott Conrad at SC Performance. He still has my 2003 Spectre 36' with MDG 650's in it. It was mint when I traded it in. Low hours, decent to insure, and will dominate Havasu water.

hotlavey
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
You might also consider the 335 Hallett. A fantastic ride. Call Justin there.

Concept1
04-03-2007, 10:13 AM
WOW, well i just got off the phone with Scott at Spectre and I just am VERY impressed. Great price for a 32,with 625 Ilmors. Now I have to try and talk him in to doing an open bow since I wont be going offshore with it! :D
Said the thing should be around 132 MPH with that set up :jawdrop: Thats even faster that I wanted for less money then i want to spend. Looking good!!!

Jordy
04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Now I have to try and talk him in to doing an open bow since I wont be going offshore with it! :D
The new 32' Spectre is badass, but don't ruin a performance cat by cutting a big hole in the deck. That's one of the best places to hang out when you're at Pleasant, standing room only!!! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27931&stc=1&d=1175625025
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27932&stc=1&d=1175625082
Besides, at 132 mph, who would want to be in the open bow anyway, not to mention the aerodynamic changes/turbulance you're going to create over the top of the boat.
Just my $0.02.
This boat was out a few times last season. Just sick:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27933&stc=1&d=1175625232

BADBLOWN572
04-03-2007, 10:35 AM
WOW, well i just got off the phone with Scott at Spectre and I just am VERY impressed. Great price for a 32,with 625 Ilmors. Now I have to try and talk him in to doing an open bow since I wont be going offshore with it! :D
Said the thing should be around 132 MPH with that set up :jawdrop: Thats even faster that I wanted for less money then i want to spend. Looking good!!!
A guy I know took a ride in their 32 with Ilmors and was definitely impressed. Turned around and bought one himself. Should be done shortly and will be one of the fastest boats on the water! :) :idea:

Jordy
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Another aside to the open bow option, I'm thinking the way that the Spectres are set up, at least how my 30 was, it would be a very shallow open bow as the tunnel runs right down the middle of it. You could definately make it deep on the outsides though. :D :D :D

Concept1
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Yea thats 1 thing im trying to get over still, Im trying to shake the whole " take all your frineds to the lake " thing.Thanks for the advice Jordy. Im already getting over that and im going to head to the shop next week siometime and talk to Scott in person about paint, time, and final $$$. Looking good for that though. Do you think i should just ditch the American offshore idea too?

Jordy
04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Yea thats 1 thing im trying to get over still, Im trying to shake the whole " take all your frineds to the lake " thing.
Yeah, it's fun at first, but then turns into more of a chore as time goes on (except of course for my friends who are currently taking me to the lake :) )
Thanks for the advice Jordy. Im already getting over that and im going to head to the shop next week siometime and talk to Scott in person about paint, time, and final $$$. Looking good for that though. Do you think i should just ditch the American offshore idea too?
I guess it's all in what you want to do. The 32' Spectre is a sick boat, but for the local lakes, with no offshore, it's kind of overkill. Cruising from the 10 lane to Humbug in under 3 minutes is fun, but we're all the same speed in the no wake zones. To raft up and party while still having the speed thing at your fingertips, I'd go back and look at the Trident with the 710. Hell, with the 550 it's running in the 90's which will beat 99% of the boats that hang out at Pleasant, not to mention it's a great party platform. Everytime Wes comes to Pleasant, we have to tell him not to come back because all the girls end up on his boat. :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27934&stc=1&d=1175627068
You also might want to check insurance on that 32'er as cat insurance seems to get worse every year, which is part of the reason I got out of my Spectre.
Again, just my $0.02

Run_em_Hard
04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow...that is an ass load of cash.:sqeyes: You can get into a used Nor-Tech or an MTI for that price:D

dumbandyoung
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
don johnson has a bitch'n Daytona for sale with twins.
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128574

Deano
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
don johnson has a bitch'n Daytona for sale with twins.
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128574
That boat is without a doubt one of the baddest on the lake. I would love to own that thing..

dicudmore
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Yea thats 1 thing im trying to get over still, Im trying to shake the whole " take all your frineds to the lake " thing.Thanks for the advice Jordy. Im already getting over that and im going to head to the shop next week siometime and talk to Scott in person about paint, time, and final $$$. Looking good for that though. Do you think i should just ditch the American offshore idea too?
YES :D

dumbandyoung
04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
That boat is without a doubt one of the baddest on the lake. I would love to own that thing..
for sure!