PDA

View Full Version : Stoker or Baker

Faceaz
04-02-2007, 09:02 PM
What's the difference? Are they both layed up by Eliminator for John's Custom Marine, or is there no relation @ all? I know this will spark a little controversy, but which one's better (durability)? It seems like Stoker is a little more well known. Thanks in advance.

BADBLOWN572
04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I do not know what the difference is between the two boats, but I have owned one Stoker and have been around them for the past 3'ish years. I have driven them WELL into the tripple digits and felt extremely comfortable doing so. Hands down, I love the boats! We ran one in the Parker 300 and it impressed me. :) I would own another one in a heart beat. :)
In my opinion, Al Stoker over at John's Custom Marine is one of the very best in the industry. He knows his stuff and will steer you the right way. One of the few people that I will let work on my own personal equipment and I trust his judgment more than my own. :eek: ;)
Like I said, I do not know about Baker hulls, but if you go with a Stoker, you can't go wrong. :)

Faceaz
04-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Is a Baker somehow related to Stoker. I found one that looks like it was rigged by John's Custom Marine, but don't know much about the make?

riverbound
04-03-2007, 09:07 AM
From what I know, The Stoker and Baker have very similar hulls. I can guess that TheBaker you are looking at could have been brought to Johns to have Al Rig it, since he is one of (if not the most) knowledgeable people when it comes to these hulls.
PM 22Stoker here on the boards and he can answer all of your questions ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
We have a Stoker and it is fabulous. I know nothing about a Baker.
That is the end of my story.
Have a nice day! :D

HavasuDreamin'
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Al Stoker use to run a Baker boat back in the day before they split and went their separate ways. After that, Stoker designed his own hull and ran them in mod-vp. There is definately some history there. I don't know all the details.