PDA

View Full Version : Car covers?????

djunkie
04-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm looking for a car cover for my chevy truck. It sits outside and doesn't get used much and I want something to protect it from the sun and rain when I'm not using it. Also help to keep it clean. Whats a good one????

djunkie
04-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Something like this.
http://www.global-accessories.com/products/index.phtml?prod_id=wolfcovers&cust_id=zq4mw&SYSTEM=storelink&SESSIONID=none&ACTION=

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Call these people and they will set you up. They make the best car covers.
http://www.calcarcover.com/

djunkie
04-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I give them a call.

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 10:16 AM
You wont be disappointed. Have bought numerous covers for various cars from them over the years. Always been top notch quality and service.
Thanks. I give them a call.

riverbound
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Parents wont let you park in the garage anymore?? ;) Maybe its a hint they ant you out :)

Jyruiz
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Wax your truck before using the cover, it will reduce the minor scratches you get from dirt being trapped in there when putting it on and taking it off.

djunkie
04-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Parents wont let you park in the garage anymore?? ;) Maybe its a hint they ant you out :)
That truck won't fit in the garage like my old one used to. I'm just tired of washing it and letting it sit. A week later I go to drive it and its filthy again.

djunkie
04-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Wax your truck before using the cover, it will reduce the minor scratches you get from dirt being trapped in there when putting it on and taking it off.
Thanks, I'll get it done. :D

riverbound
04-03-2007, 10:25 AM
That truck won't fit in the garage like my old one used to. I'm just tired of washing it and letting it sit. A week later I go to drive it and its filthy again.
Do what I do and dont wash it till you cant see out the windshield. Last time I washed it I drove out to the river in rain and had to drive through mud puddles to get the boat. It was clean for less than an hour:mad:

djunkie
04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Do what I do and dont wash it till you cant see out the windshield. Last time I washed it I drove out to the river in rain and had to drive through mud puddles to get the boat. It was clean for less than an hour:mad:
Thats just it. I don't drive this truck unless I'm going to the river. Plus I kinda like having a clean truck. :D

River918
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
That's who I have used. Bought three from them and they are great

BoatPI
04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
If you park it outside then go with Cal Car Cover. I have one for my new F-250 crew, big cover that takes 2 to install. Fits perfect but it took 3 weeks to make. But it works and is needed at the beach due to the salt air. My inside garaged cars just use the Wally World $20 cheap stuff as a dust cover.

beaverretriever
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Ditto on Cal Covers. They are the best fitting, best quality. Just make sure your vehicle is super clean be for you put the cover on.
When I lived in the South Bay, I didn't have a garage. I used to take the cover off in the morning, drive to work, wipe the whole car down with a micro fiber cloth and quick detailer, then put the cover back on. Same thing when I go back home. :)

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Exactly what I do. I have 2 covers for the same car. I have one of their dust covers for when the car is in the garage and have an outdoor cover if ever need to leave the car outdoors.
They have most of the covers in stock which is good.
Ditto on Cal Covers. They are the best fitting, best quality. Just make sure your vehicle is super clean be for you put the cover on.
When I lived in the South Bay, I didn't have a garage. I used to take the cover off in the morning, drive to work, wipe the whole car down with a micro fiber cloth and quick detailer, then put the cover back on. Same thing when I go back home. :)

djunkie
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Well I just ordered one from Cal covers. Damm these things are expensive. But it will be nice to unwrap a clean truck for once. :D

Jyruiz
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Well I just ordered one from Cal covers. Damm these things are expensive. But it will be nice to unwrap a clean truck for once. :D
Who you kidding, you are a baller bro.

djunkie
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Who you kidding, you are a baller bro.
:messedup: :messedup: :D

BoatPI
04-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I think I paid about 300 for my Super Duty crew.

djunkie
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I think I paid about 300 for my Super Duty crew.
Ya thats about what this thing cost. :(

GETSOME
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Easy with covering a truck. Just climb into the pick up and cover the front, and keep on rolling. Simple one man job. Better then a suburban let me tell ya.

Devilman
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm gonna check the label on mine this afternoon. Its a good one, cost around $300 bucks or so. Wife got it for me for Christmas one year. Got my black truck all cleaned up, covered it up, & it sat untouched for 3 months rain & all. Uncovered it one afternoon & it looked just as good as the day I covered it up..... Like you say, nice just to be able to uncover it & roll with a clean truck....

djunkie
04-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm gonna check the label on mine this afternoon. Its a good one, cost around $300 bucks or so. Wife got it for me for Christmas one year. Got my black truck all cleaned up, covered it up, & it sat untouched for 3 months rain & all. Uncovered it one afternoon & it looked just as good as the day I covered it up..... Like you say, nice just to be able to uncover it & roll with a clean truck....
Thats what I'm hoping for. The truck will sit for a week or 2 sometimes. It sucks washing it then parking it for a week or so. Then when i get back in it its dirtier than before.

Devilman
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Thats what I'm hoping for. The truck will sit for a week or 2 sometimes. It sucks washing it then parking it for a week or so. Then when i get back in it its dirtier than before.
Main deal at my place, is stuff out of the trees & a friggin cat walkin round on it. :mad: LOL. Puttin kitty down for a dirt nap would be ideal, but my daughter would have a shitfit. :D The cover has some sort of liner, so that the cat walkin around on it don't hurt it or say sticks falling out of the tress & landing on it or if the wind comes up enough to blow it around it doesn't chafe(?) up the paint. Keeps it protected pretty damn good. You'll like it.

ryantparks
04-04-2007, 06:31 AM
do yourself a favor and put a cable lock on it. Some f*ucker stole mine right of my truck in my driveway.

djunkie
04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Well the new car cover showed up yesterday. So I got the truck washed and waxed today and went to install it and the phucker doesn't even come close to fitting. Called them up and the lady told me "oops, your right, we sent the wrong one" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
04-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Well the new car cover showed up yesterday. So I got the truck washed and waxed today and went to install it and the phucker doesn't even come close to fitting. Called them up and the lady told me "oops, your right, we sent the wrong one" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That sucks.

djunkie
04-18-2007, 01:45 PM
That sucks.
Ya it really does......... Now I have to probably wait another 2 weeks to get the right one.

OGShocker
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
David,
You looking for something like this? (http://www.global-accessories.com/products/index.phtml?prod_id=wolfcovers&cust_id=zq4mw&SYSTEM=storelink&SESSIONID=none&ACTION=):idea:

djunkie
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
David,
You looking for something like this? (http://www.global-accessories.com/products/index.phtml?prod_id=wolfcovers&cust_id=zq4mw&SYSTEM=storelink&SESSIONID=none&ACTION=):idea:
I ordered one from cal car covers. The one that showed up is nice just didn't fit. Phuckers!!!!!!!!

Jyruiz
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Ya it really does......... Now I have to probably wait another 2 weeks to get the right one.
Well, I guess you can use your Spiderman linens till the new cover shows up.:D

djunkie
04-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I guess you can use your Spiderman linens till the new cover shows up.:D
Those are too new. How about my Star Wars ones? :D

Jyruiz
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Those are too new. How about my Star Wars ones? :D
LMAO!

HammerDown
04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
The only thing bad about Car Covers even the custom fit ones is on windy days...a cover that moves around will burn through the paint. Like maybe on a corner.

djunkie
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
The only thing bad about Car Covers even the custom fit ones is on winds days...a cover that moves around will burn through the paint. Like maybe on a corner.
Not much wind makes it through my driveway. It can be blowing in front of the house but up our driveway it is sheltered by the wall/ house, and garage.