PDA

View Full Version : ISO time again

v-drive
04-03-2007, 04:48 AM
3 years ago we had our first iso audit and with a lot of mental support from some people on the board I muddled my way through it. when I submitted my goals and how I measured them they seemed pleased and said it was a fair measurement for a tool room but i didn't fair so well in the engineering dept.
I asked how I should proceed with it and ofcourse they helped(they are here to help you)in this endeavor. last year I did excellent. Yesterday it was like this guy grabbed ahold of my a** and wasn't going to let go. I try to be quiet because I know these people have a puyrpose but at the meeting at the end of the day I referred to last years meeting and the prior years and made the comment that he was the one that instructed me on how to do it.
His response floored me and it was. You shouldn't follow our guideline you need to make up your own. All I can say is now what do I do.:confused:
v-drive

Powerquestboy
04-03-2007, 06:53 AM
These audits are wierd because they change every year and the auditor usually will get tougher and tougher as the years go on. If you fix something and bring it up to the status Que its only usually good for that year. The big thing they are looking for in "Continual Improvement". We have a great computer system that does all kinds of stuff that we normally dont use but we are able to "prove" things by pulling reports etc. With ISO I think its important to develope a Quality manual and procedures tailored to your business and then be able to prove every year that "we do what we say we do" in that manual. Another thing to keep in mind during these audits is your demener with the auditor. You need to create a friendly enviroment. Its hard to not get upset or mad when they are questioning your business practices and how you do things but you have to do your best not to ruffle their feathers. Another important thing is when they ask you a question since its your business sometimes you tend to elaborate more than you should and it gets you into trouble. If they ask a question answer that question only and shut up. Dont give them anymore ammo to use.