PDA

View Full Version : What year is your G/F and how many hours do you have on her?

hoolign
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok every chick that I look at new and old all have pretty low hours!! I donÂ’t get it. Do people just get G/F's and donÂ’t use them, or just chill and drink beer and hang out all day. I got my G/F because I love to drive her!! I'm On my 2nd G/F and I seam to put around 100 hours a year on her. And I donÂ’t have the 8+ months of outdoor sex as Washington. I would think that a lot of G/FÂ’s in Havi would have tons of hours on them with the sweet weather.

centerhill condor
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
you just don't spend as much time running her as you "think" you do...

riverbound
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Ok every chick that I look at new and old all have pretty low hours!! I donÂ’t get it. Do people just get G/F's and donÂ’t use them, or just chill and drink beer and hang out all day. I got my G/F because I love to drive her!! I'm On my 2nd G/F and I seam to put around 100 hours a year on her. And I donÂ’t have the 8+ months of outdoor sex as Washington. I would think that a lot of G/FÂ’s in Havi would have tons of hours on them with the sweet weather.
I would venture to say some of the havi girlfriends have seen plenty of runtime;)

hoolign
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Trolling motors don't count as hard driving Hooli:D
:(

SmokinLowriderSS
04-03-2007, 06:04 PM
The g/f is a '64, but still looks like (and rides better than) she did in '84. I've got something over 200 hours on her, over a 22 year run (lotsa un-used time in there), off and on (off when one of us is married, on when not).
Normally just permanent best of friends. :)

whiteworks
04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
mine was built in 75, picked her up slightly used but in excellent condition. through an extensive maintenance regimen the ride has only gotten better.:D

SB
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I have lots of hours on Hooli's GF.
For guys that don't use a lot of hours, it's cheaper to rent.

AZJD
04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
My girl is a 77' and I am afraid to ask to see her smart craft printout!:D :devil: :devil:
She does have aftermarket bumpers though!

Liberator TJ1984
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Currently GF less at the moment !
anyone trading one in ? Post Picks !!! I might be willing to take up payments and split shipping fees !:D :devil:
Hours don't matter as long as the frames not bent and No Hail Damage :jawdrop:

ratso
04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
I have lots of hours on Hooli's GF.
For guys that don't use a lot of hours, it's cheaper to rent.
AMEN!;)

Strippoker
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Ok so why do I feel like the dirty old man with being a 73 running a 82 german import model.

racecar.hotshoe
04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok so why do I feel like the dirty old man with being a 73 running a 82 german import model.
Import you can get new motors for those cheap.........:D

Screaming Pete
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
so back in 72 i picked up a 53 model unused. man this thing was cherry!!! ran it easy for about 10 years than started taking it to the track and the river almost every weekend were we racked up some major hours. after a few seasons had to get the top end rebuilt and went with bigger heads and got alot more top end out of her. well as you could imagine it let go and has been getting a rebuild for the last 1 1/2, sure would like to get her wet again and hopfully get another few great seasons out of her

AZJD
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
so back in 72 i picked up a 53 model unused. man this thing was cherry!!! ran it easy for about 10 years than started taking it to the track and the river almost every weekend were we racked up some major hours. after a few seasons had to get the top end rebuilt and went with bigger heads and got alot more top end out of her. well as you could imagine it let go and has been getting a rebuild for the last 1 1/2, sure would like to get her wet again and hopfully get another few great seasons out of her
Nice! LMAO:D :D :D

Throttle
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
she's young with a couple hundred hours of experience

wolfie
04-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't think Hooli knows that the milage has been turned back a little (lot).

wolfie
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Of course you always want to buy from a v-driver as then the G/F usually has no milage on them. they're usually left on the trailer a lot.

Chico&Zeus
04-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Got me a '79, classic year. Pick her up almost brand new in the early 90's, traded her a couple of times;) but always got her back. Shes getting ready for some upgrades, they didn't have the "air bags" back then, but for my safety she wants to get them installed:D

Ziggy
04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Got me a classic I intend to keep and be buried with :D
Came with all the bells and whistles so no mods have been neccessary :D
Always fires up on the first try :)

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
mine was built in 75, picked her up slightly used but in excellent condition. through an extensive maintenance regimen the ride has only gotten better.:D
My girl is a 77' and I am afraid to ask to see her smart craft printout!:D :devil: :devil:
She does have aftermarket bumpers though!
Got me a classic I intend to keep and be buried
with :D
Came with all the bells and whistles so no mods have been neccessary :D
Always fires up on the first try :)
Shit, ROTFLMFAO you guys.:D :D

Riverguy92345
04-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Very low hours, but lots of high speed passes. I can only go 1/4 mile at a time.

Debbolas
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I think most GF/Wives really like to be driven all over the lake instead of just sitting in storage:Dgathering dust;)

I DIG IT !
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Nice work. Pritty funny, but I think you have a little to much free time on your hands.... Still made me laugh.:) :) :)

lucky
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
mines a 74 model with a small bore and o-ringed headlights - - and i'm a 69 model with a beer shelf :)

hoolign
04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice work. Pritty funny, but I think you have a little to much free time on your hands.... Still made me laugh.:) :) :)
I'm a consultant...nuthin but time on my hands..and a lil jergins..to comfort my dry skin :D

Marlin455
04-06-2007, 06:39 AM
This past summer I traded in a 1959 model that was beyond rebuilding:D for a 1980 model- very low hours;) good tires and balljoints- i am a 1963 model, and luvin life!

Strippoker
04-06-2007, 06:53 AM
looks like if all goes well the import maybe be getting a new set of headlights this year the rear bummper is still looking flawless so need to do any body work at this time. Just got to make sure and check her oil alot or she does get a bit cranky if not she has to change her oil with synthetic. :rolleyes:

heartless
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I am an 81' low miles but high maintenance new age classic. likes to get in lots of drive time but has not been able to locate driver willing to put in the work for up keep. Limited but extensive body work and alterations have been made. You wont be disappointed with vehicles condition.

Kilrtoy
04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I am an 81' low miles but high maintenance new age classic. likes to get in lots of drive time but has not been able to locate driver willing to put in the work for up keep. Limited but extensive body work and alterations have been made. You wont be disappointed with vehicles condition.
Can we get a
CAR FAX
on this please
and some more under the hood pics....
maybe open up the tail gate so we can see inside..

ratso
04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/32.gif :D

Deano
04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I had me a pretty clean 72 awhile back. Damn kids kept stealing it at night and taking it around the block for test drives. I finally just left the keys and pink (signed) in the box. Haven't seen it around since.
Now I am a proffesional test driver. I'd rather just rent em, drive it like its stolen, and give it back!

dmontzsta
04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Of course you always want to buy from a v-driver as then the G/F usually has no milage on them. they're usually left on the trailer a lot.
Not true, mine is a 83' model and has TONS of miles. She was with me through the high school years all the way up until now. Damn reliable for as hard as I run her. :D

ratso
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I had me a pretty clean 72 awhile back. Damn kids kept stealing it at night and taking it around the block for test drives. I finally just left the keys and pink (signed) in the box. Haven't seen it around since.
Now I am a proffesional test driver. I'd rather just rent em, drive it like its stolen, and give it back!
...a school teacher? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Misogynist
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
No Hail Damage :jawdrop:
Absolutely... that is a deal breaker. If they have hail damage... they aren't worth keeping. Hail damage is impossible to repair and devalues the model completely...... :devil:

ratso
04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Absolutely... that is a deal breaker. If they have hail damage... they aren't worth keeping. Hail damage is impossible to repair and devalues the model completely...... :devil:
...lol... A buddy of mine took a chick home the other night and I'm like "Dude, it looks like her face caught on fire and somebody tried to put it out with an icepick!":jawdrop:

Strippoker
04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
now if we can only fix those damn lower unit leaks once a month the drive time would increase alot.

talbert450r
04-06-2007, 10:51 AM
1982, clean, one owner, must sell :D

Deano
04-06-2007, 10:53 AM
...a school teacher? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
:D Pretty close. Maybe Devry. I don't think they had a license to drive it:rolleyes: Probably take some heavy body work to get all the dents out now. It's not worth it, basically a salvage title kinda thing;)

wright27
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I got a 71 model. Great shape, with custom set of headlights. Rear end is tight and purrs like a kitten, but can roar with the best of them. A little cold blooded, but once she's warmed up, look out. I am not to sure of previous owners, and don't really care. She is mine and is a keeper. I have owned her for over three years and I have put a good 400 hours on her.

havasurat27
04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
now if we can only fix those damn lower unit leaks once a month the drive time would increase alot.
Now that is funny!

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Like my Truck I'm ready for a new younger one...and I'm thinking about an Asian one this time, GF that is :)

Cole Trickle
04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
My 79 is driven hard yet still purrs like a kitten..:D :devil:
It's amazing how good they run and how reliable they can be if you treat them right ;)

Bense468
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I got me an 82 tubbed with tight and trued drag spokes, no rust, texas built big block, with a hell of a blower w/ a cowl hood. 650 cc lift cam, shaved door handles, runs hard, gear box is setup tight, and when I drop the hammer she hooks up. I keep the oil changed regularly, and throw in a set of plugs everyonce in a while. When you fire her up, she sounds mean and nasty, but thats how I like em and you have to respect it or your dick will be in the dirt.

Jetaholic
04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Bump
LOL let's keep this thread going! :D

1968Droptop
04-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a rare `69 sport model, red on white, w/o rust spots on the grill. Options include heat, tilt, NO A/C, convertible, rim blow, posi with traction bars, auto wipers, spoiler, cowl induction, and hide away head lights. They sure knew how to make 'em back then, put the curves in all the right places ! Fortunately I take real good care of her, she sleeps in the garage and is happy to do so. Wax her as often as possible, and she even returns the favor with some polishing of her own. Been driving her for 12+ years, makes me feel like a kid every time I get in.

Riomouse911
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm a '67...almost time for "Historical Vehicle" plates. Mine is a '78 who purrs at idle, but when I get on it and work the 4 on the floor, the engine screams. :devil:

DaddyMack
04-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm a 63 SS model... just refurbished 3.5 years ago... ready to roll... Mine is a 70 model... but i only have had her for 4 months or so and interior still smells new... She's a little american sports car with a lot hiding under the hood... I have driven all kinds... sports cars to 4 x 4's, foreign jobs to american... this is she best by far... even taken hard into the turns she comes out even and on all fours.. no unusual repairs and no need for any adjustments... she does have an alignment issue, and occasionally likes other models of the same type.... but I like the way she rides just fine... I am a lucky man. :) :D
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/daddymacklv/IMG_3499.jpg

DaddyMack
04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
How do you feel about carpooling and long distance trips?? lol..:devil:

Riverguy92345
04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Even after all this time we still haven't decided the answer to the age old question.
Which is better? Injection is nice but i rather be blown.
Guess this model has both...lol

justfloatn
04-10-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm a 72. Had quite a few over the years. Never kept them long but used them non stop while I had them. When I was younger and broke all I could afford were late 50's to mid 60's models. Came with free gas, insurance and just wanted to be driven hard and long. I finaly setteled in on a 75 for the last 5 years. Still runs like a late 80's. But after a couple of passes that blew up her bottom-end and damaged the mid-section shes ready for some body work. New bumpers and get the wrinkles out of the mid section. Should be out of the body shop by next summer.

JetBoatRich
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
no G/F here, but I have spent approximately 196,567 hours together:D off and on

Burn504
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
i got me a Hispanic 80 model. Must of been when they started outsourcing them to Mexico and bringing them back into the states :) but i cant complain she runs good and doesn't mind if i take her out for a spin 3-4times a day. Gotta love that. Carfax says its only got a few miles on her, but its hard to believe by the way she likes to be driven.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/burn504/147985186_485762599_0.jpg