PDA

View Full Version : Bimmers are nice cars but

H20 Toie
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
one of the girls that works for me has an 04 325 and while on a trip last weekend they ran over a pipe in the road and the car started smoking so they pulled over and sure enough oil is leaking from the trans, so they had it towed to the local dealership, there insurance company went and looked at the car today and the estimate to fix it is $17k. :eek: how much damage can you do to the bottom of the car? and nothing engine related it sounds like but a new trans.

ChumpChange
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
A guy I know drove his 5 series through a puddle at a construction yard. Although it was a small puddle, water got into the intake and blew the engine. I think his repair bill was about $9,000.

3 daytona`s
04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
one of the girls that works for me has an 04 325 and while on a trip last weekend they ran over a pipe in the road and the car started smoking so they pulled over and sure enough oil is leaking from the trans, so they had it towed to the local dealership, there insurance company went and looked at the car today and the estimate to fix it is $17k. :eek: how much damage can you do to the bottom of the car? and nothing engine related it sounds like but a new trans.
A licence to steal, what would she do if half way across the country in a small town? They would not have a clue how or what to do.?

nodigg
04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
They ain't cheap to fix, but they sure are a hoot to drive. 2000 323, 100,000 miles and purrs like new still.

OGShocker
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe we should all get together and kick Ziggy in the JUNK! Just a thought. :D

Ziggy
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd be willing to bet there's plenty more to it than just the tranny....
Who'd they take it to?

h2oski2fast
04-03-2007, 05:20 PM
That's why we make him buy the beer at the Desert Bar. :) :) :)

RiverDave
04-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd be willing to bet there's plenty more to it than just the tranny....
Who'd they take it to?
Sounds to me like they took it to Amato's... :D
RD

Tom Brown
04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
It probably just needs a CoP (coil over plug).

Jyruiz
04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Sounds good to me, where does the line start.:D

MBlaster
04-03-2007, 07:37 PM
So BFD thats what insurance is for. Plus I'm sure the stealer marked up all the work. Thats the way of the world. Hope at least they have a low deductable. BTW Bimmers are great cars.

INSman
04-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Yup, insurance companies love the BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche and such because of the expensive parts and te labor rates :eek: :D

Ziggy
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
:eek: Throw me under the bus or what you focker? :D:D:D:D:D:D
Youu wait!!!:sqeyes: :D

BajaMike
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
They ain't cheap to fix, but they sure are a hoot to drive. 2000 323, 100,000 miles and purrs like new still.
I agree with Rick.....my 528 is the best car I ever had....love it every time I slide into that black car with the black leather....and with the warranties they have now, it costs me almost nothing to drive.:idea:
:D