PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye ***boat

Magic34
04-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Goodbye ***boat
Over the past year, MY personal opinion, and everyone has one, is that I needed to get out of the cat game. I feel that with the way insurance had been going with the excessive rates, and the unfortunate incidents at poker runs last year, that the whole program for cats was going to get even worse. As many cat owners will tell you, they feel that for the lakes, their cat feels much safer/more stable than a V they previously owned. I agree with that statement, but because on average cats are faster than V bottoms the insurance is much more in terms of $$ with cats for comparable V bottoms in size.
This was the last picture I took of my 34 cat. As many of you may know, I sold it in January. It was sad to see it go, as I really loved that boat. I built it exactly how I wanted it and we had some great times on it. For now, my ***boat days are over.
I think a time has come in my life where I am ready for a different chapter. So, goodbye ***boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348IMG_1143_trim-med.jpg
Now, the next chapter brings thisÂ… In saying goodbye to ***boat, I say Hello to CruiserBoat!!!! Just got back from Newport and signed on the dotted line. I now own a cruiser. I love it!!!!!
Sure it is a little slow compared to a “performance” anything, but it still tops out at 55 MPH and cruises around 42 MPH. It has everything including satellite TV. I’m stoked and the wife loves it!!!!
Formula 370SS
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348IMG_1816-med.JPG
I have a new signature:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348truck_and_boat-med.jpg
Oh, and in quitting this site and saying goodbye to the ***boat forumsÂ… Has anyone ever successfully done that? Let me rephrase that, has anyone ever done that who wasnÂ’t run off by the lynch mob? The addiction is still there, I will still be here daily. :D

Jordy
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
And of course you know where to find us at Pleasant. Baller. :D :D :D
Nice boat, at the Dunes no less huh??? ;)
Oh, and I feel the same way about cats. It's a game of hot potato with some musical chairs thrown in. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Lmao

Phat Matt
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
That boat would be a blast. Especially out on the big blue.
Nice boat. :)

Magic34
04-03-2007, 10:07 PM
That boat would be a blast. Especially out on the big blue.
Nice boat. :)
Thanks
It was my first time out there on a boat like this. We launched out of the dunes at Newport, and I am hooked. I'm trying to move a boat we have in FL over there as we speak. I'm totally into this deal now. I want to sell the Toyhauler and do this over the winter instead of playing in dirt.
My wife and I had an awesome time today. I am taking delivery on Friday April 27th at the Poker Run. I'll be on the water with it on Saturday until about 3 PM before pulling it out and heading home.

BajaMike
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Goodbye ***boat
Over the past year, MY personal opinion, and everyone has one, is that I needed to get out of the cat game. I feel that with the way insurance had been going with the excessive rates, and the unfortunate incidents at poker runs last year, that the whole program for cats was going to get even worse. As many cat owners will tell you, they feel that for the lakes, their cat feels much safer/more stable than a V they previously owned. I agree with that statement, but because on average cats are faster than V bottoms the insurance is much more in terms of $$ with cats for comparable V bottoms in size.
This was the last picture I took of my 34 cat. As many of you may know, I sold it in January. It was sad to see it go, as I really loved that boat. I built it exactly how I wanted it and we had some great times on it. For now, my ***boat days are over.
I think a time has come in my life where I am ready for a different chapter. So, goodbye ***boat.
Now, the next chapter brings this… In saying goodbye to ***boat, I say Hello to CruiserBoat!!!! Just got back from Newport and signed on the dotted line. I now own a cruiser. I love it!!!!!
Sure it is a little slow compared to a “performance” anything, but it still tops out at 55 MPH and cruises around 42 MPH. It has everything including satellite TV. I’m stoked and the wife loves it!!!!
Formula 370SS
I have a new signature:
Oh, and in quitting this site and saying goodbye to the ***boat forums… Has anyone ever successfully done that? Let me rephrase that, has anyone ever done that who wasn’t run off by the lynch mob? The addiction is still there, I will still be here daily. :D
Ok, where you keeping the boat?:confused: I have captained a 60 foot sailboat and a 20 foot Baja Outlaw, and a lot in between....
Let me know if you need a deck hand......:idea:
Looks like a beautiful boat!!!

Magic34
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Cockpit
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348IMG_1804-med.JPG

plaster dave
Very nice congrats.

Magic34
Ok, where you keeping the boat?:confused: I have captained a 60 foot sailboat and a 20 foor Baja Outlaw, and a lot in between....
Let me know if you need a deck hand......:idea:
Looks like a beautiful boat!!!
Thanks, but I am keeping it in the garage. It will be trailered everywhere.

vmjtc3
04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Cant go wrong with all the comforts of home in a boat

BajaMike
04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Congrats....that's a beauty...."built for confort......."
:idea:

burtandnancy2
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I tried to get out of performance boating just a few years ago, bought a beautiful Sea Ray Sundancer and kept it in a slip at Lake Mead. But even tho I was not quite 70, and had owned nearly 30 performance boats (Campbell, Spectras, Schiadas, Raysons, Eliminator, Halletts, and others), the Sea Ray was boring. So I sold the only non-performance boat I ever owned and went back to a full blown, double throw down, 40 foot hundred miler. That only lasted another year and I decided to slow things down a bit. Have had two 24 footers since then, and am still getting out of boating slowly. I hope you learn to adapt to the cruiser, they can be a lot of fun in a whole different way. Good Luck...

Magic34
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I tried to get out of performance boating just a few years ago, bought a beautiful Sea Ray Sundancer and kept it in a slip at Lake Mead. But even tho I was not quite 70, and had owned nearly 30 performance boats (Campbell, Spectras, Schiadas, Raysons, Eliminator, Halletts, and others), the Sea Ray was boring. So I sold the only non-performance boat I ever owned and went back to a full blown, double throw down, 40 foot hundred miler. That only lasted another year and I decided to slow things down a bit. Have had two 24 footers since then, and am still getting out of boating slowly. I hope you learn to adapt to the cruiser, they can be a lot of fun in a whole different way. Good Luck...
I think I can adapt very well. Turn on the genny, fire up the A/C. Throw the kids down below with cartoons on the TV and shut the door. :D :D
I'll be cruising the channel in a, 8' dinghy. Just need to get a stereo figured out for an inflatable.

Magic34
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks again everyone, we are very excited.
I have been going over this decision for 8 months now. Started gettting serious about it in December, and I looked at a ton of options, including a 47 Fountain, 40' Hallett and 38 Fountain EC.
In the end, this boat made the most sense and the one I kept going back to. I have never sat on a decision a week, let alone 8 months.

SoCalHD
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Very nice looking new boat Michael!!!

DeltaSigBoater
04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the new boat.
Thats a lotta boat to tow around, are you getting a new tow rig too:D

Magic34
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
are you getting a new tow rig too:D
NO!!!!! Dont want to go down that road, and if I try to, it may lead to divorce. My wife may leave me if I start that.
Now after Ford gets their crap together, I'm liking the new F450, but that is over a year away before the bugs are worked out in my opinion.

caroftheweek
04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Goodbye ***boat
Now, the next chapter brings thisÂ… In saying goodbye to ***boat, I say Hello to CruiserBoat!!!! Just got back from Newport and signed on the dotted line. I now own a cruiser. I love it!!!!!
Formula 370SS
I have a new signature:
Oh, and in quitting this site and saying goodbye to the ***boat forumsÂ… Has anyone ever successfully done that? Let me rephrase that, has anyone ever done that who wasnÂ’t run off by the lynch mob? The addiction is still there, I will still be here daily. :D
1st, you sell your Magic and buy a cruiser, then we sell our Magic and are buying a Bennington tooner. Apparently owning a Magic will eventually lead you to a more relaxed boating life. just an observation:D :devil:

dicudmore
04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
so, I have learned from this thread---never buy a Magic boat :D :D
Congrats on the new ride Mikey :D :D

C-2
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Not bad for a 70 year old kid...you gots more toys than Kobe has skillz.
See ya on the point in a couple of weeks? Missed you last year, but a little crowd seems to be getting bigger, year by year.

C-2
04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Congrats on that Formula cruiser....those two words just never seem right in the same sentence. That's a sweet ride for sure.:)

SOCALDETAIL1
04-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Congrats Magic, I detail alot of these boats from Marina Del Rey to Newport. Great idea to keep it garaged. If you ever decide to keep it in the water cover the whole thing and get a bottom liner, it's well worth the money.

TBONE1904
04-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Goodbye ***boat
Formula 370SS
I have a new signature:
I sold my river/lake boat because I wanted an ocean boat. The question is you live in AZ, but you sold the lake boat for a real boat......Did my geography teachers do that bad, or is there a canal from AZ to the ocean?

shueman
04-04-2007, 04:26 AM
WOW...:eek: nice trailer boat... :cool:

sigepmock
04-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Congrats OLD MAN:D :D At least I can finally get across the lake faster than you...I'll just make sure not to cross your wake.:eek: See you out there for the poker run.
Chris

yamamoto
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Now that's a bitchen boat. congrats

AZJD
04-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Nice boat Mike! See ya out on pleasant my friend!

NOTALENT
04-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Dont know about the leaving HB part....you may need some counceling and a buddy to help you out through withdrawls...:D
But the boat is pretty damn sweet! What do boat slips cost yearly @ the Dunes or LB...anyone know? If you get on the list that is....

Throttle
04-04-2007, 06:13 AM
dont go away mad, just go away... j/k
the new boat looks nice, enjoy!:D

Racey
04-04-2007, 06:16 AM
When are you taking all of us to Catalina???:D love that 'photoshopped' sig btw.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I sold my river/lake boat because I wanted an ocean boat. The question is you live in AZ, but you sold the lake boat for a real boat......Did my geography teachers do that bad, or is there a canal from AZ to the ocean?
It is easier to trailer than a 40' Skater. The Skater is wider.
No problem.
The canal is called I10.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks again everyone.
On the Catalina thing, we have a slip lined up already in Newport for our Sea Ray that is in Tampa. If I can get that thing moved here, I'll take 30 people to Catalina!:D

GHT
04-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Hook, line, and sinker... I took it. Hope you enjoy the new boat.
GHT

ChumpChange
04-04-2007, 07:57 AM
That's just a sick boat. Sick Sick Sick. Congrats.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:03 AM
That's just a sick boat. Sick Sick Sick. Congrats.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about this whole thing, but once I got on the water with it yesterday, it was a done deal for me.
Probably the best feature is that I get to push a buttom for the anchor. No more pulling up 75-100 feet of line.

dirty old man
04-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Theres more to an electric anchor winch than meets the eye. Be sure you have a watch with a second had, depth finder, and a knowledge of scope. (X7) When you master that, you'll have fun. By the way, its harder to anchor in Lake Mead than the ocean

Ziggy
04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Not long ago any HB member showing off a cruiser would have been hung by the lynchmob.....counseling must have worked on all these people because tolerance sure has been displayed here.. ;):D:D
Nice new cruiser you got there......enjoy it to the fullest with the wife :)
That thing is gonna require a full bottle of DWNG each cleaning :) :D

soupersonic
04-04-2007, 08:17 AM
I have been looking at doing the same thing soon.Soon to me on something with that price tag is 1-2 years from now. I was wondering if you looked at the Fountain 38 express,which is the one i think im interested in.If you did what made you choose the Formula.Beautiful boat BTW :D

andy01
04-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I have often wondered what owning something like that would be like. I figured it for boring and not a lot of fun. But I have customers with them that go over to twin habors for the holiday weekends and such that just rav about how fun it is. I am 10 minutes from the beach, I ran the Spectre out there most of the time. You should have fun for at least 6 months..... :D
Andy

Jordy
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
You should have fun for at least 6 months..... :D
Andy
Then it's back to Magic for another new 34' cat. :D :D :D

707dog
04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
nice boat! name idea's- "Titanic"... my girl seen a lil documentry on the big cruisers and she got a juiced until the price tag..lmao..enjoy its defifnitly made for entertaining.........

Cole Trickle
04-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Sweet Trailer:D:D:jawdrop: :devil:

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I have been looking at doing the same thing soon.Soon to me on something with that price tag is 1-2 years from now. I was wondering if you looked at the Fountain 38 express,which is the one i think im interested in.If you did what made you choose the Formula.Beautiful boat BTW :D
Actually, the Fountain 38EC is the boat that started all this for me. It is a few MPH faster than the Formula, which is important. I didn't want a 40 MPH top speed cruiser.
After looking at these 2 boats extensively, I thought the Formula looked better in terms of quality. This is not saying that the Fountain isn't nice, just that I liked the Formula better and seemed better in my opinion.
The other difference in the 2 is the cabin layout. The Fountain has 2 beds, where the Formula has a big U sofa that turns to a bed. So, if you have 5 people down in the cabin of the Fountain, there isn't enough room for everyone to sit. The Formula can fit everyone and then turn into a bed at the end of the day, plus it has the aft bed as well.
I went 37 over 40 because of the beam. My brother has a 400SS and it is a foot wider than the 370. He trailers it to Mead from Vegas and it is a bitch to pull. So I went with the smaller one because of how frequent I would be towing it, which is every time.
I bought 1 that is about 18 months old. It has 50 hours and they took care of every little issue I found and fixing every little thing I found. i was pretty petty, but in turn, I am bascially getting a boat perfect as close to new as possible. THere are some deals to be had out there, and dont buy new. These things are $360k+ new and with some clean ones on the used market, you cant lose.
I did get a price on a new Fountain 38EC, and it was $296k including trailer. No electronics/radar/TV, extended platform, etc though. All that was optional after the fact.

soupersonic
04-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
You should have fun for at least 6 months..... :D
Andy
Like you have room to talk!!! :D :D :D You are worse than me!!!!

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Sweet Trailer:D:D:jawdrop: :devil:
It wont get any more ugly!

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Then it's back to Magic for another new 34' cat. :D :D :D
After this, I dont think I could go to a smaller cabin. I am screwed from this point forward.

Strippoker
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
An so the SMS "Shags at Sea" is born congrats mike now were to put the big dry wash sticker???

JB in so cal
04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/rdangerfield.jpg

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:52 AM
An so the SMS "Shags at Sea" is born congrats mike now were to put the big dry wash sticker???
After peeling the big one off the last boat, this one may be lucky to get 2 small ones. It was hell taking those stickers off, it SUCKED!!!!! Took me about 3 hours total.

Havasu1
04-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats Change is a good thing:)
I often wonder if I am crazy to Drive out to Havasu at least twice a month for boating and offroading when I live less than three mile to the beach in San Diego. I have been doing the Havasu thing for 12 years. Still love it but their will come a time where I'll throttle down and enjoy San Diego.

Jyruiz
04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Congrats, that cruiser looks awesome.

Biglue
04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Beautiful boat. Congrats.

AZKC
04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Golf Carts to Rhinos, now Cats to Cruisers. Havasu is going to start looking like San Diego. Now if Jordy would get the Sail Boat crew started........
:D
Good choice Mike I think you guys will really enjoy it:)

RiverDave
04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
If I ever decide the river isn't for me anymore, that is definately the route I'm going to take! congragulations Mike!! Looks bitchen and I'm sure your going to have a blast with it!
Next time your out in So Cal give me a call. We'll have lunch. (In the galley) :D
RD

seanv
04-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Goodbye ***boat
Formula 370SS
I have a new signature:
looks like a beauty! congrats! i still need to get over to your place to get the covers! sean

Rvr Swpr
04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I lurked here awhile before posting,several months.I'm 62 years old.Magic,your posts have been interesting,but also alot of help in staying in touch with a generation that is having a hell of alot of fun.Thanks

LuckyStrike
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Golf Carts to Rhinos, now Cats to Cruisers. Havasu is going to start looking like San Diego. Now if Jordy would get the Sail Boat crew started........
:D
Good choice Mike I think you guys will really enjoy it:)
Dont Tempt him ...Hes in the market for something with cheaper insurance:D

Magic34
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
If I ever decide the river isn't for me anymore, that is definately the route I'm going to take! congragulations Mike!! Looks bitchen and I'm sure your going to have a blast with it!
Next time your out in So Cal give me a call. We'll have lunch. (In the galley) :D
RD
Looking for a BBQ now to put on it. I dont want that small one, I want a cool one that will fit some food! :D
First the BBQ, then the next step is figure out the dinghy program such as mounting it and such.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
looks like a beauty! congrats! i still need to get over to your place to get the covers! sean
I've got 'em!

Magic34
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I lurked here awhile before posting,several months.I'm 62 years old.Magic,your posts have been interesting,but also alot of help in staying in touch with a generation that is having a hell of alot of fun.Thanks
I dont think I am the typical 28 y/o, or maybe I am. Now I'm confused.
Thanks, I think. :)

Jordy
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Dont Tempt him ...Hes in the market for something with cheaper insurance:D
Hey now, what's cheaper than no boat insurance or payment??? :D :D :D
Now I'm confused.
Me too. I thought you were leaving, but now you're still hanging out. Do they not have forums for your boat owning type these days??? :D :D :D

Aqua Boogie1
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Congrats!!!! It looks really fun and comfy!!!!:D

dumbandyoung
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh, and in quitting this site and saying goodbye to the ***boat forums… Has anyone ever successfully done that? Let me rephrase that, has anyone ever done that who wasn’t run off by the lynch mob? The addiction is still there, I will still be here daily. :D
Wes from Trident(FROGGYSTYLE) quit the fourms.
Congrats Man. Nice boat! So does this mean you drink champagne on the water now instead of beer???:D

Jordy
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
He did??? :jawdrop: :eek: :confused: :D

Magic34
04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Congrats Man. Nice boat! So does this mean you drink champagne on the water now instead of beer???:D
No, I drink water. No beer or champagne.

dumbandyoung
04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
He did??? :jawdrop: :eek: :confused: :D
yah, I figured because he was tired of arguing with people that took ***boat too serious. i dont know that for sure.. just my .02

Magic34
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
yah, I figured because he was tired of arguing with people that took ***boat too serious. i dont know that for sure.. just my .02
Technically, I dont think he "quit" more like a break from posting.

2Driver
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Should be some good times ahead at Catalina and Powell in that. Not sure about the towing part. Just what Pleasant needs another tsunami maker. :D
Congrats!

riverbound
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
I think he just took a break from posting ;)

Cole Trickle
04-04-2007, 12:05 PM
No, I drink water. No beer or champagne.
Don't worry I have no problem drinking or spilling on your boat;):D
You bringing wifey for the Poker run?

Magic34
04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
You bringing wifey for the Poker run?
No, baby shower that day for her.

40FlatDeck
04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Shoot me an email with some pics. All I get is red X's!:mad: My new boat does sound nice though....:D

dumbandyoung
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I think he just took a break from posting ;)
oh

djunkie
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Sweet boat Mike. I can't wait to take a shit in the shitter while we're on the lake. :D :D :D J/K

squirt'nmyload
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
very nice...(borat voice) :D
my friend in newport has a cruiser and when we take it out i never want to get off.......no need to.....except for work :D :D
very impressive to see someone not afraid to tote that size boat around:)
i would too!!

Magic34
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Shoot me an email with some pics. All I get is red X's!:mad: My new boat does sound nice though....:D
Dont know what you are talking about, but your girlfriend will tell you how nice it really is when she sees you again.

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Those are nice boats.;) Change can be a good thing.;)

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
What a beautiful boat. You can ask Mr. 20. I kept BEGGING for a boat like that, but he keeps saying no. :(

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 03:50 PM
What a beautiful boat. You can ask Mr. 20. I kept BEGGING for a boat like that, but he keeps saying no. :(
What's wrong with the one you got now?:D :D

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
:) :) :) Nothing. I just wanted the P Diddy boat with the plasma and the kitchen, and a bathroom for the kiddies. I think function. He thinks looks. But trust me. We are really enjoying the new boat. We have been up in Havasu every weekend. BTW, wanna know what we did last weekend?????? We got towed for 3 hours. And guess why. Because Tim ran it our of gas!!!!!!!!!!! $800 later, we now have a membership to Sea Tow, and a groveling husband. :D :D :D Hopefully this weekend will go better.

soupersonic
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
You must not be very good at begging :D

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm usually more demanding. I don't like to beg.:) :) :) :)

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
:) :) :) Nothing. I just wanted the P Diddy boat with the plasma and the kitchen, and a bathroom for the kiddies. I think function. He thinks looks. But trust me. We are really enjoying the new boat. We have been up in Havasu every weekend. BTW, wanna know what we did last weekend?????? We got towed for 3 hours. And guess why. Because Tim ran it our of gas!!!!!!!!!!! $800 later, we now have a membership to Sea Tow, and a groveling husband. :D :D :D Hopefully this weekend will go better.
It was you guys! My brother was up in Havi this last weekend and he called me and said hey, you're old boat is getting towed.:D I told Mark and we both thought is was a running out of gas thing, just like it happened with us.:D Sometimes that gauge goes screwy I think. My bro said he was pretty sure it was our old boat. He said it was the only time he was able to beat the boat on the water (he's in a Bayliner..:D :D ) Hope it goes better this weekend. I still miss the boat...

ViB
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Mike,
Do I have a present for you and that new boat real soon!! you're going love it!

Magic34
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Mike,
Do I have a present for you and that new boat real soon!! you're going love it!
Sweet!!!
Please tell me it is an 8' tall guy that is great at cleaning. For the low spots of the boat, I have Eric (aka 40FlatDeck) to do under the boat. He will just barely reach it perfectly. :D

Beer-30
04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
That's the second time (at least) that this particular boat has been run out gas. The previous owner had a picture of him sitting on the bow with a tow rope last year, on the way back from 'Springs.
I've done it once, and won't do it again. Mine was on the way back from Hoover though.
Why is it that the lake seems to get longer when the gauge is moving downward?

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Well at least he won't feel so bad now! That's funny about the pictures. We took lots of pics too. :) We were all the way at the south end of the lake, way past Copper Canyon. It must be an initiation that the boat makes you go through, huh.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Here are a few more...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/163481515378_4-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/163481515378_6-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348IMG_1795-med.JPG

DeltaSigBoater
04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Here are a few more...
Very nice, good electronics: Raymarine E80 Display, Ray54 VHF... is that display on the right side of dash a Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data or Autopilot?
You might want to invest in canvas carpet runners/protectors made for the cabin. Makes clean up much eaiser when something does get spilled - and stuff will with kids around.:devil:

Jordy
04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, that's a nice looking rig!!! You can come tie up with us anytime. :)

Magic34
04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Very nice, good electronics: Raymarine E80 Display, Ray54 VHF... is that display on the right side of dash a Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data or Autopilot?
You might want to invest in canvas carpet runners/protectors made for the cabin. Makes clean up much eaiser when something does get spilled - and stuff will with kids around.:devil:
Thanks. It is the Tri Data, no autopilot. Also, it has the clear protector over the carpet in the cabin.

Magic34
04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow, that's a nice looking rig!!! You can come tie up with us anytime. :)
Thanks man, but I think I get out there earlier than you. :D
Actually, the plan for Pleasant will probably be head out Saturday mornings, and stay until about noon on Sunday. That wont happen until August though.

Jordy
04-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks man, but I think I get out there earlier than you. :D
Actually, the plan for Pleasant will probably be head out Saturday mornings, and stay until about noon on Sunday. That wont happen until August though.
It's looking like lots of Newport time in July and August. Depending on which boat route I go, I forsee quite a few overnight trips as well... Not rushing anything as I have enough friends with boats, but we'll do something in the next few months I'm sure. :D

BadKachina
04-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Here are a few more...
That's an awesome boat. They have a ton of room in the engine compartment too. You could have lunch down there, nice to work on. My buddy has a 37 pc (for sale at Pleasant) with the bed up front and a couch in the aft cabin. He just bought a 50ft something or other. It never ends no matter what kind of boat you have. ;)

SoCalHD
04-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Here are a few more...
Nice!! With an interior like that, you'll have to keep checking above deck to make sure you are really at the lake!!!:D

Magic34
04-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Nice!! With an interior like that, you'll have to keep checking above deck to make sure you are really at the lake!!!:D
I'm worried about having to go out to make sure that we are still anchored in place.

BrianB
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to hear the justification for selling this next year
I had no idea it would take that long to unload the fridge
My wife hates vacuuming down stairs
The cost of keeping a coat of pledge on the cabinetry is killing me
Why the Nautical will not allow seasonal mooring is beyond me
Just a couple of thoughts from my 24ft mind;)

Magic34
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
You forgot "too small."

Cole Trickle
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey mom it's dingy man again!!!:D:D;)
http://sailthehudson.com/images/SH_otto_dingy.jpg

Magic34
04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey mom it's dingy man again!!!:D:D;)
http://sailthehudson.com/images/SH_otto_dingy.jpg
Hell yeah, except, I'm going to get the 9.9 HP gas motor. Should get me up to 25-27 MPH. :D Not bad for an 8 footer!

Cole Trickle
04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Hell yeah, except, I'm going to get the 9.9 HP gas motor. Should get me up to 25-27 MPH. :D Not bad for an 8 footer!
Paint a target on it!!!
I see you rolling through the channel in that dork wagon and your getting run down;):D:eek:

Xlration Marine
04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Sorry just read the first page of this post, BUT. When I was building boats the Coast Gaurd had 2 classifications of hull, MONO and Catamaran. Big deal you say, yea I know. But from what the Coast Gaurd ruling say's and what you think you own are two different things. Basicly you don't own a Catamaran, you own a Mono Hull. A Cat is a vesal that makes 2 tracks in the water when under way, even at idle. A mono hull makes one track in the water when moving, even at idle. This comes into play with flotation. Unless things have changed in the past 10 years then this is how it stands. The builder needs to put Mono Hull on the bill of sale and be registered as such. Now put your little boat in gear and idle out though the bay, one track. Telling people you build "Cats" sounds bad ass and saying you own one sounds bad ass. As you are finding out it isn't all that. It's something worth looking into. Have a nice day, ya'll.

Magic34
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry just read the first page of this post, BUT. When I was building boats the Coast Gaurd had 2 classifications of hull, MONO and Catamaran. Big deal you say, yea I know. But from what the Coast Gaurd ruling say's and what you think you own are two different things. Basicly you don't own a Catamaran, you own a Mono Hull. A Cat is a vesal that makes 2 tracks in the water when under way, even at idle. A mono hull makes one track in the water when moving, even at idle. This comes into play with flotation. Unless things have changed in the past 10 years then this is how it stands. The builder needs to put Mono Hull on the bill of sale and be registered as such. Now put your little boat in gear and idle out though the bay, one track. Telling people you build "Cats" sounds bad ass and saying you own one sounds bad ass. As you are finding out it isn't all that. It's something worth looking into. Have a nice day, ya'll.
Doesn't matter what the builder puts on the bill of sale. The insurance company does as they please, and it is a cat if they say it is.

Xlration Marine
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Yea they will screw you any way than can, even to lie. gosh no they don't rip people off. But that is a law suit for some lawyer.

DeltaSigBoater
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Good to know, but what in the world does that have to do with this thread? :rolleyes:

Xlration Marine
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Well he's getting the shaft from an insurance company for owning a Cat when in fact he and many more do not own a Cat, DUH. a Bass Tracker Pontoon is a Cat. Need a picture???

TCHB
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice boat!!!!!!! There is a real nice one that hangs out in the channel.

dumbandyoung
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Good to know, but what in the world does that have to do with this thread? :rolleyes:
lmao

Magic34
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Paint a target on it!!!
I see you rolling through the channel in that dork wagon and your getting run down;):D:eek:
Not if I'm delivering the pizza! You wouldn't run the fat kid over with pizza would you?
Wait, I would... New plan.

riverracerx
04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
If you need a deckhand in the Pacific, give me a call. Be glad to come along! :D

Magic34
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
If you need a deckhand in the Pacific, give me a call. Be glad to come along! :D
I will. 50% of the way there on getting the Sea Ray to Newport. Looking good right now. Need a few more things to go right and we'll be moving it!

Chico&Zeus
04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't have to worry about that too much, isn't the limit on the Channel 36 Feet? I know everyone doesn't follow the rules but I think that is the limit.:eek: :idea:

Magic34
04-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Don't have to worry about that too much, isn't the limit on the Channel 36 Feet? I know everyone doesn't follow the rules but I think that is the limit.:eek: :idea:
He's talking about the inflatable, but hey, he owns a Sleek so what can you expect :D
The Formula can run the channel, I think.

Riverkid
04-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I left that job about ten before that post and you were putting walls up on the new tilt-ups?
Somebody has gone crazy with their new aircard...:D