PDA

View Full Version : The Deadliest Catch

CornWater
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Holy shit... looks like the show is not wasting anytime getting into the action. I am not a fan of reality tv, but I gotta admit, this is my favorite show right now...

SixDays
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I got hooked on the first season, and now I can;t wait for Tuesday nights. You're right, definately not wasting time...it's gonna be a rough season...anybody know where Eric and the "Rollo" went???

RitcheyRch
04-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Sh*t I missed it last night. I need Tivo since ended up watching NCIS and Law & Order.

Shreve"T"
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Gotta be the best show on Tuesday nights..:D

XFactor
04-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Love this show. I can't believe the rookie captain Blake didn't drop a pot. I wonder if the crew is concerned. :eek:

Jetdriver
04-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Tivo!!!!:d

Debbolas
04-04-2007, 07:00 AM
I forgot to tape it........:(
I love that show :D

Sleek-Jet
04-04-2007, 07:03 AM
I forgot to tape it........:(
I love that show :D
They'll play it again at least twice before next Tuesday...
I've got a family member that's in the Coast Guard and he was up there for the Oppilio (sp?) season this year, he's got some wild stories... looking forward to seeing that part of the show later on...

FOREVER2DOXIES
04-04-2007, 07:05 AM
gosh damnit!! what time did it come on?? i meant to calendar the event but totally forgot. what channel is it on again? i will look to see if they are showing re-runs of the season opener....unless anyone here knows! :(

HefeRaton
04-04-2007, 07:11 AM
The wife and I got hooked the first season. There is definately no shortage of intense entertainment. I did notice there was no Rollo on the list of boats they were following. That boat was definately the comical one. You never knew what stupid thing they were going to do next. Why do you think they call it DOPE!

yopengo
04-04-2007, 07:15 AM
gosh damnit!! what time did it come on?? i meant to calendar the event but totally forgot. what channel is it on again? i will look to see if they are showing re-runs of the season opener....unless anyone here knows! :(
Discovery Channel:
APR 01 2007
@ 06:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 01 2007
@ 07:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 01 2007
@ 10:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 01 2007
@ 11:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 03 2007
@ 07:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 03 2007
@ 08:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 03 2007
@ 11:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 04 2007
@ 12:00 AM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 05 2007
@ 08:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 05 2007
@ 09:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 06 2007
@ 12:00 AM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 06 2007
@ 01:00 AM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2
APR 26 2007
@ 02:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 1
APR 26 2007
@ 03:00 PM Deadliest Catch Special - Best of Season 2 Episode 2

FOREVER2DOXIES
04-04-2007, 07:18 AM
thanks for all the info YO....arent those re-peats of past seasons? what season is this....3? :confused:

RitcheyRch
04-04-2007, 07:21 AM
New Season, New Perspective. Every Tuesday, 9 PM
Discovery Channel's Emmy-nominated series Deadliest Catch returns Tuesday, April 3, for a third season of daring adventures on the high seas. Viewers once again voyage to the Bering Sea and follow the brave captains and crew of eight crab-fishing vessels as they struggle against the treacherous weather conditions doing one of the deadliest — and most lucrative — jobs in the world.
This season, which is currently being filmed as boats head out to catch opilio crab, viewers experience life above and below the Alaskan waters. Submersible cameras capture unprecedented underwater images of crabs migrating on the bottom of the Bering Sea and entering the crab pots.
In addition, footage shot from a "chase boat" shows just how diminutive these crab boats actually are in the midst of the Bering Sea. For the first time, viewers see the fishing vessels being tossed around by the high winds and rough seas. The unique angle will also offer a new perspective of the fishermen working the rails, setting and hauling the massive 800-pound crab pots as their boats fight the crashing waves.
This season, viewers will get a more in-depth look at the men who put their lives on the line in search of modern-day buried treasure — Alaskan crab.
Returning to Deadliest Catch this year are the men of the Northwestern, led by Captain Sig Hansen; Captain Phil Harris and his crew of the Cornelia Marie, including sons Jake and greenhorn Josh; Captain Johnathan Hillstrand (king crab season) and Captain Andy Hillstrand (opilio crab season) of the Time Bandit; and greenhorn Captain Blake Painter (king crab season) of the Maverick and his new hand-picked crew, along with Rick Quashnick (opilio crab season) with his wife Donna.
New to Deadliest Catch this season are the men of the Wizard, led by Captain Keith Colburn; Captain Greg Moncrief of the Farwest Leader, who is joined on board by his wife Ragnhild; Captain Allen Oakley of the Early Dawn and his crew, including greenhorn Bryan Mezich; and the crew of the Aleutian Ballad, with Captain Corky Tilley at the helm and son Matthew and daughter Nicole on deck.

yopengo
04-04-2007, 07:24 AM
thanks for all the info YO....arent those re-peats of past seasons? what season is this....3? :confused:
There should be a comma after the best of shows. The episode 1 and 2 are the new shows. They come on after the best of shows. :D

yopengo
04-04-2007, 07:25 AM
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/series.jsp?series=30531&gid=0&channel=DSC

RitcheyRch
04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Looks like Tues nights show will repeat on Thurs night.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/weekly.jsp?&channel=DSC

shrek
04-04-2007, 07:31 AM
This is definitely my favorite show on right now.
They sure know how to end the first episode....
Shrek

FOREVER2DOXIES
04-04-2007, 07:40 AM
darnit!! if it re-aires on thursday then it will compete with Survivor....just cant win. time to get TIVO...missing too many of the great shows. there is too much competition :eek:

RitcheyRch
04-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Need either Tivo or a DVR.

abraman1326
04-04-2007, 08:47 AM
This show is freakin awesome. I really like it. Been watching it for 2 years now, this will be the 3rd. I can't believe how much these guys endoure just to bring us crabs. Personally, if I ever got them, I wouldn't make a show about it, but ah well. ANyway, this is a kick ass show. CAn't wait to see how this Coast Guard thing plays out...
BRA

Havasu1
04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Love that show. Wish they still fished (crabbed.......whatever) like the first season. They all fished unitl the fleet caught the allowed catch for the season. No limit for each boat. Last season they imposed a limit to each boat, once they hit their limit they are done. Still a great show though.

LAFD
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
this is an awesome show. man the northwestern always brings in tons of money.

Ziggy
04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
The grocery shopping segment was funny. The wife with a list and all the dudes just emptying the shelves randomly...lmao
Gnarley show...dig it.

Riverless
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
This show is freakin awesome. I really like it. Been watching it for 2 years now, this will be the 3rd. I can't believe how much these guys endoure just to bring us crabs. Personally, if I ever got them, I wouldn't make a show about it, but ah well. ANyway, this is a kick ass show. CAn't wait to see how this Coast Guard thing plays out...
BRA
i agree, i've watched a few episodes myself, and it makes for some compelling television, and makes you look at crabs in a whole different light. kinda makes me not want to eat them since i know that these guy's put their lives on the line everyday to catch these critters. but i guess if we don't eat them, then the fishermen's lively hoods would be gone, and that would be bad, so i guess i'll keep eating them. :) don't they only get something like $5 per catch?
love those stone crabs you get down in the florida keys too.

MayDaze
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
gotta love TIVO!! :D

SummitKarl
04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
another great episode tonight....I love this show:D
The Greenhorn Capt. seems to have struck gold his first time out
never underestimate a womans determination;)
she got out there and did good:D
sounds like Capt. Sig is in trouble next week along with The Cornilia Marrie:jawdrop:
God bless those that lost their lives in tonights episode:(