PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle your sucky neighbors?

All-Star
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Ok so we are getting ready for the river this coming weekend. We have only lived in the neighborhood for a year. My husband is outside tuning up everything. OK so it is getting a bit late, but we are wrapping things up.
I remind him that it is getting late and we can finish all of this tomorrow.
No less then 2 minutes after I say that, then a lady starts screeming out of the upstairs window. Saying how late it is and she cant stand it. And then I hear her husband yell at her to relax.:(
Do you think I should just ignor it or do you think I should send an appology note or something?:idea:

lewiville
04-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Ok so we are getting ready for the river this coming weekend. We have only lived in the neighborhood for a year. My husband is outside tuning up everything. OK so it is getting a bit late, but we are wrapping things up.
No less then 2 minutes after I say that, then a lady starts screeming out of the upstairs window. Saying how late it is and she cant stand it. And then I hear her husband yell at her to relax.:(
Do you think I should just ignor it or do you think I should send an appology note or something?:idea:
Do the ol' "I baked you a cake to introduce us to the nieghborhood" plan. That always makes you friends and popular.

wright27
04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I think you should go whoop her ass.:D Tell her you don't remember asking what she thought in the first place.:D

a catered life
04-05-2007, 07:04 AM
dont worry about it she may have been having a bad day anyway but to keep the peace tell the husband to be a little more sensitive to the neighbors:D

Baja Big Dog
04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
"Tuning" things up? In my world that would consist of starting up some type of device that is more than likely to make noise. If thats the case her complaint would be valid depending on the time, which you didnt mention.
If its valid I would send the hubby over and dress him in his best speedo's and apologize to her, if he comes home late you know its all good!!:jawdrop:

little rowe boat
04-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Sounds like her husband has it under control.

Warlockjer
04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Gotta agree with Baja Big Dog:)

topless
04-05-2007, 07:22 AM
How late was it? I would be pissed off too if you were starting a loud motor at 10 pm just to hear it and see if it sounded good to you. I'm glad you at least told the husband you were wrapping things up.

Dan Lorenze
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
How late is late?

uvindex
04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Yep, need the details! (What time was it? What exactly was being "tuned up" and what kind of exhaust system(s) were on it/them? )
Hey, your neighbor might have posted a thread on whatever forum she frequents saying, "How do you handle your sucky neighbors?" talking about noisy contraptions being revved up at all hours of the night. :))

RaceFace
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I think you should go whoop her ass.:D Tell her you don't remember asking what she thought in the first place.:D
Now THATS some funny s**t right there!!! :D

riverbound
04-05-2007, 07:52 AM
I dont think you should follow my advice on how to handle sucky neighbors....it usually ends up in firing the potatoe gun at their house everytime we get drunk and painting F- you accross the back of our house :D

THOR
04-05-2007, 07:54 AM
"Kick his ass Seabass"

HalletDave
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
:idea:
Go Survivor on them.
Form an alliance with all the other neighbors and vote their lame a$$es off the island.:D

rrrr
04-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Sounds like her husband has it under control.
Her husband should go over with a couple of cold beers, give one to the dude and say "How long have you been married to that bitch? My ex-wife was just like that, and I dumped her ass".
They'll be friends for life. :jawdrop: :D :D

SHOTKALLIN
04-05-2007, 12:25 PM
What time was it? Where do you live? Do you have a Nazi HOA? are the houses right on top of each other?
Some things may not offend a neighbor in Beaumont but it might get you off the Xmas list in Mission Viejo.:D

Coded-Dude
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
next time instead of the evening....try it early morning.
The only thing better than not being able to sleep(due to noise) is getting woke up early(due to noise)! :D

djunkie
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Get drunk then lay on their car with nothing but your underwear on.
Oh shit, thats what my neighbor does. :rolleyes: :D :D

Jbb
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Sucky neighbors..............problem solved (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU)

All-Star
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
It was just before 10... like 9:45.
I do not have an HOA
The house was like 3 houses down and accross the street. We have a very wide street. All of the other neighbors use their front upstairs room as a den or game room, but she uses hers as a bedroom and she had her window open.
It is very easy to forget that if you are in that front part of the house that you CAN hear things. Because the majority of the home that we do use, you can not hear anything from the front yard. So I can see how it was easy to forget.
No we were not starting the boat. Actually at that time, I was cold and tired so I told my husband to wrap things up. I was outside packing up the supplies, etc. He was in the garage messing with a little 4 stroke dirt bike. It was NOT loud at all.

Tom Brown
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Lawn job

CARLSON-JET
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Usually by the ears...:D :D

Devilman
04-06-2007, 05:06 AM
This already had me chuckling. :D
Get drunk then lay on their car with nothing but your underwear on.
Oh shit, thats what my neighbor does. :rolleyes: :D :D
But this..... F*ckin LMAO! http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif
Once again I am reminded that I shouldn't be reading the posts while dealing with the dispatchers. :D

707dog
04-06-2007, 05:25 AM
probably throw a lil princess wave to her next time you drive past...PMS comes to mind also!!!

All-Star
04-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Usually by the ears...:D :D
That was awesome!!!
:D