PDA

View Full Version : Still Looking for a Radio Check on Havi

C-2
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey guys:
I'm still looking for a radio check on Havi using VHF marine radios. Desert Storm event shirts for anybody willing to help. :)
I will give you a frequency, and am looking to see if it works from Thompson Bay to Parker Dam. Really easy to do if you know somebody with a radio who will be heading to the Springs for breakfast or lunch.
Lemme know, and thanks in advance.

Sportin' Wood
04-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey guys:
I'm still looking for a radio check on Havi using VHF marine radios. Desert Storm event shirts for anybody willing to help. :)
I will give you a frequency, and am looking to see if it works from Thompson Bay to Parker Dam. Really easy to do if you know somebody with a radio who will be heading to the Springs for breakfast or lunch.
156.475 is my favorite..:D
Is it worth takin my hand held out to the Poker run? The wife and I are going to ride down from Laughlin might be cool to listen in on the action?
Can you Pm me the freq?

C-2
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
156.475 is my favorite..:D
Is it worth takin my hand held out to the Poker run? The wife and I are going to ride down from Laughlin might be cool to listen in on the action?
Can you Pm me the freq?
Isn't that kind of a long haul in that rock crawler?:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Havasu1986
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
It maybe quicker to drive a car down to the Springs and check if you don't find anybody to do it in a boat.:)

Magic34
04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I may be able to help in the morning of the day of the run.
I have some radio gig set up on the new boat. Dont know squat about it except that it works, but I was planning on rafting up with the Magic crew at the card stop. Dont know if that helps or not. I am planning on getting off the water around 2 PM.

Beer-30
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Wish I was local. That would be an easy excuse to put the boat on the water. Sorry I can't help with that.

40FlatDeck
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
We will be there the Sunday before the run. I can do it anytime during the week. Let me know.
Erik

RiverRatMike
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey guys:
I have a VHF radio in my chris craft, might be able to help you out this weekend. Will be working on the boat

LHC30Victory
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Chris, if I am out this Sunday/Monday, I will try it.....Tuesday kinda derailed all of us :(

H20 Toie
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
i'm going out this weekend but only have a portable radio. who else will be there?

Baja Big Dog
04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey guys:
Ill be in Havasu after about 3 pm tomarrow. with a 75 watt radio. You want someone at the dam or are you gonna be there???
What Freq?

C-2
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the offers of help and suggestions.
As you know, we are trying to ensure seamless radio communications on the lake for the poker run.
BEER-30 has stepped up and offered to fly a radio repeater around at 11K feet, if needed.
However, we believe we have another alternative, but need a few peeps who can be on the water to test the frequency. Since we are trying to emulate the same conditions as poker run day, preferably the test would be on the water, with both handheld and hardwired radios.
My only problem is I’m here in So Cal – and won’t be in Havasu until the poker run.
It sounds like a couple of you are willing to help – what we need is somebody in Thompson Bay, and at the same time, someone on the water at/about Havasu Springs.
Ideally there would also be radio checks with base station remaining at Thompson Bay, and radio checks at Pilot Rock, Havasu Palms, Black Meadow Landing and Havasu Landing.
Simple radio checks, just to be sure it works.
Lemme know and thanks a million :)