PDA

View Full Version : Computer help....

NashvilleBound
04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Its really running slow, giving me red x's on most pics, TONS of error messages (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)....its driving me crazy and I cant figure it out. Ive run scans, updates, defrags, cleanings..... WTF??????

marty722
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Could be spyware, or a virus....what kind of errors are you getting? Do you have a good connection to the internet?

HocusPocus
04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
have you tried rebooting your modem? i have to do that sometimes in the office when the speed is slow or dead.

RaceFace
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Clean out your cookies and temporary internet files first. Then go to www.download.com and download AdAware and scan your system. That should clean out most spyware if you have any.
Then download Mozilla Firefox and use that as your default browser. Much better and safer than Explorer. Here's the link. Hope this helps.
http://www.firefox-start.com/downloadfirefox/

cxr133
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Could be spyware, or a virus....what kind of errors are you getting? Do you have a good connection to the internet?
prob. spyware!!

AZKC
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Cleaning my main computer right now focking doubleclick got me again:devil: This is the wife solitare machine. Adware and mozilla are a good idea.

Troy McClure
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Clean out your cookies and temporary internet files first. Then go to www.download.com and download AdAware and scan your system. That should clean out most spyware if you have any.
Then download Mozilla Firefox and use that as your default browser. Much better and safer than Explorer. Here's the link. Hope this helps.
http://www.firefox-start.com/downloadfirefox/
You should get Spybot too. I run Spybot and then Ad-Aware (or vise-versa), usually one misses something that the other catches. Don't know the Spybot address but Google it, it's free as well.

RaceFace
04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
You should get Spybot too. I run Spybot and then Ad-Aware (or vise-versa), usually one misses something that the other catches. Don't know the Spybot address but Google it, it's free as well.
Yeah Troy, highly recommended as well...and I use both on my company computers as well. The immunization database helps keep out quite a bit. I didn't list it because I didn't want to ramble on with the directions (like I am now ;) ). It is also available on www.download.com.

Kim Hanson
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Its really running slow, giving me red x's on most pics, TONS of error messages (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)....its driving me crazy and I cant figure it out. Ive run scans, updates, defrags, cleanings..... WTF??????
If you can remember when it was running fast, just do a System Restore :idea: ..........( . )( . )..............:)

NashvilleBound
04-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Im running Ad-Aware SE, Norton, Registry Mech, but I will do a spyware system scan.....Ill try anything. Thanks for the suggestions!!