PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a new Sheriff's Boat?

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Just picked it up today. Still have to put graphics (Dennis, check your PMs), radio and lights on it.
Crest Tri-Toon (http://www.boatcop.com/pontoon1.jpg)
150 Verado (http://www.boatcop.com/pontoon4.jpg)
I'm picking up the new Whalers in Vegas on Tuesday.
This is like Christmas in April. :D

RiverDave
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Exactly how many cop boats do we need in Parker? :D
Nice toon Boatcop!!
Can I borrow it at night to goto the bar? :D
RD

boatnam2
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Exactly how many cop boats do we need in Parker? :D
Nice toon Boatcop!!
Can I borrow it at night to goto the bar? :D
RD
Looks like a drunk cattle boat hauler to me.I bet its main purpose is to sit in front of road runner and night and load it up.

Jordy
04-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Looks like a drunk cattle boat hauler to me.I bet its main purpose is to sit in front of road runner and night and load it up.
I was going to say, it's a floating paddy wagon. Alan must have gotten a copy of RD's Summer Parker schedule. :D :D :D

SummitKarl
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Just picked it up today. Still have to put graphics (Dennis, check your PMs), radio and lights on it.
I take it this is the one you were telling me about?
will it be around in the AM? I have to go put in for a permit and check on the Riverside job

Debbolas
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Very sneeky:D
No one will suspect a pontoon boat is a cop boat ;)

slovolvo
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow! It's even got a party platform on top! Bet that boat has more drunk people on it than mine ever will...:)

RiverDave
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I was going to say, it's a floating paddy wagon. Alan must have gotten a copy of RD's Summer Parker schedule. :D :D :D
Good point...
I say we Sink it!! That ain't no whaler Alan... That toon will sleep with the fishes. :D
RD

Jordy
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Good point...
I say we Sink it!! That ain't no whaler Alan... That toon will go down and sleep with the fishes. :D
RD
I'm sure that will be the first boat out of the water at night, then tucked safely away in the garage. Spoilsports. :notam: :D

RiverDave
04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Now it's gonna be ironic as hell if Stacy gets pulled over by this thing... The Probably Cause being the #'s and they both have the same style #'s on them BoatCop... LOL
RD

DeltaSigBoater
04-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Only a 150 Verado on a 27' toon, I take it the new Whalers are for chasing down those who try and out run the pontoon :D

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I take it this is the one you were telling me about?
will it be around in the AM? I have to go put in for a permit and check on the Riverside job
I'll be in my office around 8:00. Stop by.

Jbb
04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Where will the RD SUX tag reside on this vessel Alan?

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Only a 150 Verado on a 27' toon, I take it the new Whalers are for chasing down those who try and out run the pontoon :D
I originally wanted the 225 on it, but the upper deck raises the CG, and they wouldn't certify it for more than 150hp.
We know it's not going to be a chase boat. It's primary purpose is for an OUI operations platform in areas where we don't have ready access to an Intoxilizer. (It'll have one installed on it) We plan to use it on the South Basin of Havasu, the Lower River (Ehrenberg/Cibola). The patrol boats will do the actual enforcement, and bring them to the 'toon for processing. We'll make it available for multi-agency OUI checkpoints in other areas. (Mead/Mohave/Havasu. etc)
We'll also use it for outreach programs. We plan to adorn it with banners, and anchor it in high-use areas, such as over in the calm spot just below Rock Island, and have a lot of give-away stuff. PFDs, floating key chains, other Boating Safety related items. Basically a floating Boating Safety Information Center.
It'll also be used for Dive/Rescue operations. We're putting our SONAR, underwater video, metal detector, etc on it, and space for extra tanks. That's the main reason I wanted the upper deck. To observe the divers, and get a high-up vantage point while looking for victims. I'm installing a 110VAC generator to support that equipment, resuce lights, etc.
I'm pretty excited about this thing, and can't wait to get it on the water. :D :cool:

rrrr
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like a stripper pole would be a good addition......:D

squirt'nmyload
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I originally wanted the 225 on it, but the upper deck raises the CG, and they wouldn't certify it for more than 150hp.
We know it's not going to be a chase boat. It's primary purpose is for an OUI operations platform in areas where we don't have ready access to an Intoxilizer. (It'll have one installed on it) We plan to use it on the South Basin of Havasu, the Lower River (Ehrenberg/Cibola). The patrol boats will do the actual enforcement, and bring them to the 'toon for processing. We'll make it available for multi-agency OUI checkpoints in other areas. (Mead/Mohave/Havasu. etc)
We'll also use it for outreach programs. We plan to adorn it with banners, and anchor it in high-use areas, such as over in the calm spot just below Rock Island, and have a lot of give-away stuff. PFDs, floating key chains, other Boating Safety related items. Basically a floating Boating Safety Information Center.
It'll also be used for Dive/Rescue operations. We're putting our SONAR, underwater video, metal detector, etc on it, and space for extra tanks. That's the main reason I wanted the upper deck. To observe the divers, and get a high-up vantage point while looking for victims. I'm installing a 110VAC generator to support that equipment, resuce lights, etc.
I'm pretty excited about this thing, and can't wait to get it on the water. :D :cool:
it sounds like a pretty exciting project!!!!!! :) :)

Pheelin Phroggy
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I 2nd the stripper pole, hell I would hang out with you all day to help judge which girls were good enough to let go! nice new toy!

Baja Big Dog
04-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Looks like some city has too much money!!!!:D

Phat Matt
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Looks like a stripper pole would be a good addition......:D
That and a 4 person beer bong! :D

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Looks like some city has too much money!!!!:D
No frickin' way. We're broke as hell.
But as long as everyone keeps buying boat gas and registering their boats in Arizona, the State Grant money for boating and Lake projects will keep flowing.
And for all of you who DO fuel your boats and register them here, I thank you. :D

Phat Matt
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
No frickin' way. We're broke as hell.
But as long as everyone keeps buying boat gas and registering their boats in Arizona, the State Grant money for boating and Lake projects will keep flowing.
And for all of you who DO fuel your boats and register them here, I thank you. :D
Boat gas? Shit, I have been buying car gas this whole time. :)

SK48
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Does it really matter where the money comes from, it's still a waste of our
tax dollars. Like we need more patrol boats in Parker.:(

jammin
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Good point, why are we paying road tax on gas for boating.

mrs.rvrluvr
04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
That and a 4 person beer bong! :D
A stripper pole & 4 person beer bong....that's my kind of party! I just don't like the shiny bracelets you get at the door. :D

shueman
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice....where's the Light (stripper) Pole...:confused:

76ANTHONY
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
NO BC, HOW ARE YOU EVER GONNA LOOK LIKE CROCKET ON THAT POONTOON BOAT? you need a scarab or sumthin dont ya? and when are the ride alongs gonna happen???:D

76ANTHONY
04-05-2007, 07:04 PM
oh and you do realize there isnt any billet on that boat:D :D

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Good point, why are we paying road tax on gas for boating.
Every 3 years the AZGFD sends out surveys and gets information from boaters at Marinas and on ramps, etc. One of the questions they ask is how much gas do you buy for your boats in a year and what percentage is bought at water-based marinas and how much at road-side gas stations.
The Behavioral Science Center, who actually conducts the surveys and extrapolates the results, then figures out how much gas is bought for marine use, and comes up with a percentage of gas sold from regular stations for boat use. Then the Dept of Revenue forwards that percentage of state highway fuel tax to the Marine account for Grants for Lake Projects.
The (public) ramps you use, campgrounds, first aid stations, the mooring improvements in the Channel, marking buoys, our Patrol Boats, Fire Dept Rescue Boats, etc. are all bought through those grants.
It's not like we're increasing our fleet any. The 'toon will replace a jet boat, (which will be given to the Ehrenberg Fire Dept for a rescue boat) and the new Whalers will replace a 1994 and a 1997 model. One of those will be dropped down as an additional Diver support vessel for our volunteer Search & Rescue Dive Team, and the other one auctioned off, with the proceeds going to purchase things for our Boating Education Program that the grants don't cover. The other jet boat will be replaced early next year.
When it's all said and done, we'll have the exact same number of patrol boats we do now.4
Our program, including salaries, is 100% funded through those grants. The non-boating public doesn't pay 1 dime of their tax dollars for boating safety or enforcement. The people who use out services, ie boaters, pay for it through registration fees and marine fuel taxes.

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 07:13 PM
oh and you do realize there isnt any billet on that boat:D :D
No billet, but we got a killer polished S/S tow post. :D

squirt'nmyload
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
(which will be given to the Ehrenberg Dire Dept for a rescue boat).
i have one of those deptments too.......dept. of in dire need of another boat :D :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Can I go out with you and drink beer on the toon while you patrol the water ways:D :D :D

andy01
04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Congrats on the ride, sounds like it will do a lot more then the boats you have now. When are the ride alongs oh say Memorial weekend, on Saturday? Need any good drivers?
Andy

Baja Big Dog
04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Does it come with an Ice Chest?:)

Boatcop
04-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Does it come with an Ice Chest?:)
Has 2 ice chests, but we may just install a mini-fridge to keep the blood samples fresh. It'll have a generator, you know. :D
There's also 2 stereos. One on the main deck, and another on the upper deck. Maybe we can use that generator to power one of them baller stereos all you posers have. :D :D :D :idea:

jammin
04-05-2007, 08:35 PM
The problem is I haven't seen one dime of that road tax come back to my pocket, I only see it being donated to a out of control cause that I don't support. And at $300.00+ a day kinda feels like theft from my vantage point!

Phat Matt
04-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Maybe we can use that generator to power one of them baller stereos all you posers have. :D :D :D :idea:
I think I am going to have to come down to Parker a couple of times this year and be a poser. lol. :)

Jordy
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
We plan to adorn it with banners, and anchor it in high-use areas, such as over in the calm spot just below Rock Island, and have a lot of give-away stuff.
Do you need a bunch of RD SUX banners and swag/give away stuff, or are you printing your own by now???? :D :D :D

havasu5150
04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
SBSO has a new boat too

rrrr
04-06-2007, 07:14 AM
The problem is I haven't seen one dime of that road tax come back to my pocket, I only see it being donated to a out of control cause that I don't support. And at $300.00+ a day kinda feels like theft from my vantage point!
Are we supposed to be impressed because your baller boat burns $300 a day? BFD.
Quit whining......no one cares. It's obvious from reading your posts that you have a hard on for the LE guys.......also obvious from your complaining that you feel like you're being picked on. Boo hoo. Did the bad old cops stop your big bad ass boat and give you a bullshit ticket?
There are so many phucking idiots on the water that patrols could be tripled and there still wouldn't be enough LE to round up all of the drunks and assholes.....

Sportin' Wood
04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Are we supposed to be impressed because your baller boat burns $300 a day? BFD.
Quit whining......no one cares. It's obvious from reading your posts that you have a hard on for the LE guys.......also obvious from your complaining that you feel like you're being picked on. Boo hoo. Did the bad old cops stop your big bad ass boat and give you a bullshit ticket?
There are so many phucking idiots on the water that patrols could be tripled and there still wouldn't be enough LE to round up all of the drunks and assholes.....
I'm afraid of the cops also ever since I saw that Rodney King coverage I have bad dreams of the big blue gang jumping off a pontoon boat dressed as pirates and beating me down with super soakers. This proves I'm a prophet. It's all coming true:eek:

Donttreadonme
04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
If you are crazy enough to try to take it you can deduct the road tax off your tax return if you can prove it went into the boat...My accountant has the IRS post #'s on it.

2Driver
04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
hope I never need to get a ride. :D

jammin
04-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Ya RRR I'm a whiner and I have a hard time when someone wants to take something from me without my permission. No I don't like complacent idiots like you that are so ready to give away the rights others have fought and lost their lives for, maybe you should get your head out of your a$$ and realize that if this continues at the rate it is today it will only be a short time until we have lost the very freedoms that make this country the home of the free. Judging by your four letter word vocabulary you probably will have a hard time understanding this so take it to a U S war veteran and have him explain it to you!

OGShocker
04-06-2007, 08:01 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28160&stc=1&d=1175875219
Nice boat, Alan!

Boatcop
04-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Do you mean Marine fuel taxes or highway fuel taxes? And why do you think it should go back into your pocket?
Highway fuel taxes are used to maintain the roads, freeways and highways in the state. Do you drive? Well then, you benefit from those taxes.
Marine fuel taxes go to provide lake improvements, as I explained above. Anywhere you launch a boat in AZ, with the exception of private ramps, you're getting a benefit since Marine fuel taxes paid for that ramp. Same thing with courtesy docks at the ramps, restrooms, campgrounds, picnic tables, buoys, rescue boats, fire boats, parking lots at boating areas, etc.
Do people think that all these things just fall out of the sky? The money has to come from somewhere, and it might as well come from the people who use those facilities and services.

Cole Trickle
04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Cool boats:)
Can we buy advertising space on the upper deck of the toon?:D :idea:

SummitKarl
04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
A,
out the door now see you in a bit
K

76ANTHONY
04-06-2007, 09:01 AM
No billet, but we got a killer polished S/S tow post. :D
sweet, so when revenue is down you can charge peeps to ski behind it???:D :D

riverbound
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I really hope I dont ever get to see any of these up close and personal :(
But it would really be nice to hitch a ride back and forth to the roadrunner.....;) as long as the drop off point is my house and not your "office" :(

HavasuHome
04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Ya RRR I'm a whiner and I have a hard time when someone wants to take something from me without my permission. No I don't like complacent idiots like you that are so ready to give away the rights others have fought and lost their lives for, maybe you should get your head out of your a$$ and realize that if this continues at the rate it is today it will only be a short time until we have lost the very freedoms that make this country the home of the free. Judging by your four letter word vocabulary you probably will have a hard time understanding this so take it to a U S war veteran and have him explain it to you!
Did somebody pi$$ in your ceral. Get a life.:mad:

76ANTHONY
04-06-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm afraid of the cops also ever since I saw that Rodney King coverage I have bad dreams of the big blue gang jumping off a pontoon boat dressed as pirates and beating me down with super soakers. This proves I'm a prophet. It's all coming true:eek:
awwwhahahahahahah i could just see that happening too:D :D :D