PDA

View Full Version : Billet Shifter

KineticoH20
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
What if any is the update on the billet shifter to replace the Merc?:idea:

KineticoH20
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
53 looks no replies? Bet if I ordered a 27 I'd get a response:rolleyes: any info on this item?

ULTRA26 # 1
04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
53 looks no replies? Bet if I ordered a 27 I'd get a response:rolleyes: any info on this item?
Seems to me that the ony reason you have gotten any info on an update on the billet shifter is because there isnt any. I waited for the billet Livorsi, from the time I bought my boat June 06. Learned after the LA boat show, (Mar 07) that the new Livorsi, while it looked good, didn't work very well. Last time I talked to John West there hadn't been any new news from Livorsi. I think this is where it stands today.
John M

KineticoH20
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Seems to me that the ony reason you have gotten any info on an update on the billet shifter is because there isnt one. I waited for the billet Livorsi, from the time I bought my boat June 06. Learned after the LA boat show, (Mar 07) that the new Livorsi, while it looked good, didn't work very well. Last time I talked to John West there hadn't been any new news from Livorsi. I think this is where it stands today.
John M
Thx for the info, that how you say is that.

ULTRA26 # 1
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Thx for the info, that how you say is that.
Anytime
See you on the water
JM

ULTRA28
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
There is going to be something coming out real soon that should make everyone happy. I can't get into all the details yet, but it should be pretty cool. I will post one when I get the prototype.

jrgaudettes
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Sweet. :D :D Let me know when and I will take one.

sigepmock
04-19-2007, 09:32 AM
There is going to be something coming out real soon that should make everyone happy. I can't get into all the details yet, but it should be pretty cool. I will post one when I get the prototype.
First the 26 Stealth ...now this......damn tease!!:D :D j/k
Chris

KineticoH20
04-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Thx for chiming in John, I deffinatly want one and the dana exhaust, if I dont trade the boat in before it becomes available.

drejustice
04-19-2007, 06:34 PM
If it works out before I take delivery, count me in for one, If it'll have the same performance level as the merc.
Thanks.

ULTRA28
04-20-2007, 08:15 AM
If it works out before I take delivery, count me in for one, If it'll have the same performance level as the merc.
Thanks.
Will do. It will be cutting it close. It looks like it will be another week or two before the first one is done. Your boat should be done next week.

ULTRA26 # 1
04-28-2007, 04:47 AM
I think that this is what JW was referring to. It is sick. A Dana Marine creation and what a creation it is. Watch the Dana Marine area for further info
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29652&stc=1&d=1177764136

shippingguy
04-28-2007, 07:02 AM
I think that this is what JW was referring to. It is sick. A Dana Marine creation and what a creatioj it is. Watch the Dama Marine area for further info
Looks awesome John. Let me know how it works this weekend.
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
The new Dana billet shifter is amazing. It shames the In-Control. 1st of all it's beautiful. No play, the neutral safety swiich brings the idle down like the Merc so no hard shifts like my last In-Control. The throttle response feels like what you have on your 27, perfect. It also has very cool trim switches on the throttle. All in all, IMO, this piece is as good as it gets. Needless to say, I am an extremely happy camper. Dana's billet shifter # 1 on Ultra's 26 Shadow Deck # 1. A perfect fit :) :)

ULTRA26 # 1
04-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks to Bob and Dana, from Dana Performance Marine, for another amazing product. The nicest sidemount billet shifter/throttle imaginable. :)

drejustice
04-30-2007, 06:57 AM
No play, the neutral safety swiich brings the idle down like the Merc so no hard shifts like my last In-Control.
Does this mean if you grab the gear vs throttle by mistake, it will automatically bring down the revs for the gear shift?
JW, i'd like to hopefully check out this shifter when I fly out this week so if we do the change we can get it down before being shipped!!!!
thanks.

ULTRA26 # 1
04-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Does this mean if you grab the gear vs throttle by mistake, it will automatically bring down the revs for the gear shift?
JW, i'd like to hopefully check out this shifter when I fly out this week so if we do the change we can get it down before being shipped!!!!
thanks.
No that would be great. What I was referring to is when the Merc computer senses neutral, it brings the RPM's down about 100 to make shifts smooter. As soon as you put the boat in gear, the RPM increases.
I don't think there is another one available just yet. Probabally a week away. but not positive about this
John M

Cole Trickle
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
That new shifer looks great.... Good Job Dana
There is no way I would put the ugly merc peice on my new 100K boat:(:mad: :)

ULTRA26 # 1
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Brandin,
Dana really came through on this one. It's an amazing piece. I now feel like my boat is finished. The Merc POS just didn't fit.
John M

ULTRA28
05-02-2007, 08:15 AM
This new shifter is awesome. I have ten on order right now. The price is $790.00 plus install labor if anyone is interested.

DEMOMAN
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
John, That new shifter is sweet. I waved on Sat. in Thompsons bay. Did'nt see you the rest of the weekend.

shippingguy
05-02-2007, 12:07 PM
John, That new shifter is sweet. I waved on Sat. in Thompsons bay. Did'nt see you the rest of the weekend.
Adam, you guys going to be out this weekend? We will be on the water Friday thorugh Monday.

DEMOMAN
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey Mike, We will be back out the 17-21st and the 26-30th. Sounds like we won't see you guys till Memorial weekend.

shippingguy
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Mike, We will be back out the 17-21st and the 26-30th. Sounds like we won't see you guys till Memorial weekend.
We will see you guys Memorial for sure. We are going the weekend of the
17th to watch JW's boys race the mini Trophy Trucks in Pomona.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks, It really helped finish the boat. I saw you in the bay and waived
too. Honestly, I was tired from the night of the shifer install and I was just waiting. I can't even imagine how Bob, Dana and the Dana Marine guys felt on Friday. They worked on the dialing in the shifter, until nearly midnight, Thursday. It really came out nice. I got off the water at Needles at about 2:30. I got on the water before 9:00am arrived at the channel just as the bigs cats began the Run I parked about a mile south of Copper and watched. Some fast and beautiful boats. Sorry I didn't get to say hello. Headed back tomorrow with my Son and his wife, Probabally run some with Mike and Holly BTW, your boat looks really good from distance too. Red is good:)
John
This new shifter is awesome. I have ten on order right now. The price is $790.00 plus install labor if anyone is interested.
When Bob told me the price, I was surprized. My guess would have been a grand, minimum. This is the perfect shifter for the 24 Stealth and the 26 Deck.