PDA

View Full Version : Where's Mandy???

Mandelon
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Reporting in from Cortez, Colorado. Checked out Mesa Verde's cliff dwellings. Rolled in from a visit to Carlsbad Caverns.
Definitely not the same as Spring Break in Havasu.....I don't think I've seen a pretty girl out here yet. ( except for the ones I brought with me )
My kids are alwasy looking for license plates and I am amazed at the wide locations they are from. Florida, New York, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, all corners of the continent are here checking out the world heritage sights of the southwest.

Debbolas
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Have a Margarita for me:D

Mandelon
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Spring_Break_trip_07_107.jpg
Just a cave Pic from Carlsbad Caverns. Its supposedly one of the most beautiful caverns in the world. Formed by acid eating away the limestone, it is amazing. Miles of pathways underground......and luckily an elevator to take you back up..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/thumbs/Spring_Break_trip_07_082.jpg
Cave entrance. About a jillion bats fly out of this opening every summer night.

SummitKarl
04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Mandelon
Kilrtoy Acquaintance
Nice:D :D :D :D
did you get a invite for the 4/28 trip, if not you just did;)

Sleek-Jet
04-05-2007, 05:25 PM
No shit Mandy??? That's my home town... well actually I'm from Dolores.
Go down to the brewery and have a Schwarzenboomer...

Mandelon
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Spring_Break_trip_07_306.jpg
Cave dwelling from like 1200 AD...
I saw the sign for Dolores, its very close.

Sleek-Jet
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I've been there a few times... :D
You planning on going to go up to the Anasazi Heritage Center, or out to Crow Canyon??

rrrr
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
No shit Mandy??? That's my home town... well actually I'm from Dolores.
Go down to the brewery and have a Schwarzenboomer...
Isn't Dolores where the Galloping Goose ran? I remember seeing it in town when we would drive through going to our cabin in Ophir.
Used to drive all over the mountains around there in our Land Cruiser.......

Sleek-Jet
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Isn't Dolores where the Galloping Goose ran? I remember seeing it in town when we would drive through going to our cabin in Ophir.
Used to drive all over the mountains around there in our Land Cruiser.......
Yep that's it... the Goose sits out in front of the town hall... a group of volunteers restored it a few years ago. They take it over to Durango and run it during Rail Fest.
Ophir... now there is a place not many people know. I used to go ice fishing on Trout Lake...
Did you ever come across the Meadows to Dunton and go soak in the hot springs??

rrrr
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Yep that's it... the Goose sits out in front of the town hall... a group of volunteers restored it a few years ago. They take it over to Durango and run it during Rail Fest.
Ophir... now there is a place not many people know. I used to go ice fishing on Trout Lake...
Did you ever come across the Meadows to Dunton and go soak in the hot springs??
Nope...but fished in Trout Lake a few times.....
After July 4th we would take the pass jeep trail between Silverton and Ophir to get there, coming from Albuquerque......the snow would finally be plowed through at the top.
One year we were gonna go to the 4th of July party in Telluride, got to the top of the pass and about a hundred yards of 10" deep snow was still on the road.....had to drive back down to Silverton and go the long way through Ouray.
That was a lot of fun.....back in the day when SW Colorado was still the boonies.

Sleek-Jet
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Nope...but fished in Trout Lake a few times.....
After July 4th we would take the pass jeep trail between Silverton and Ophir to get there, coming from Albuquerque......the snow would finally be plowed through at the top.
One year we were gonna go to the 4th of July party in Telluride, got to the top of the pass and about a hundred yards on 10" deep snow was still on the road.....had to drive back down to Silverton and go the long way through Ouray.
That was a lot of fun.....back in the day when SW Colorado was still the boonies.
Depending on who you ask... it still is the boonies... :D But not like it used to be...
Silverton throws a pretty good 4th of July party... gotten drunk and stayed in the truck overnight a few times up there... damn it gets cold in July at night.

shueman
04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Reporting in from Cortez, Colorado. Checked out Mesa Verde's cliff dwellings. Rolled in from a visit to Carlsbad Caverns.
Definitely not the same as Spring Break in Havasu.....I don't think I've seen a pretty girl out here yet. ( except for the ones I brought with me )
My kids are alwasy looking for license plates and I am amazed at the wide locations they are from. Florida, New York, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, all corners of the continent are here checking out the world heritage sights of the southwest.
Nice change....looks awesome... :cool:

All-Star
04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
My Cousins live there and my Grandmother lives in Dove Creek, CO... talk about a small town. It is all right there in that same area.

ROZ
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't worry, I'll replace the booze in your liquor cabinet and have your carpets cleaned.. It was a hell of a party, too bad you missed it :D
P.S. your neighbors can drink! :jawdrop:

Sleek-Jet
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
My Cousins live there and my Grandmother lives in Dove Creek, CO... talk about a small town. It is all right there in that same area.
Good Pinto Beans though...
What's your cousin's last names???

All-Star
04-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Lowery
or Sanders
She got married and I do not remember what new last name is.
My family that lives over there all have Messed up or weird names.
Dorcas, LaDawn, LaNell, Myra Egge... etc.